As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this the last Democratic primary thread?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    That map has some of the worst colors to contrast candidates.

For real, it is scientifically designed to give colorblind people like me eye twitches.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Sooner or Nader this primary will end.

We really have reached the Nader of this primary.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Its in bad form to mock the banned.

You're right, my bad. I wasn't trying to mock to be honest. He just stood out in my memory as a New Yorker and a Bernie supporter.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    a president that weak to their own party probably isn't beating any republican challenger anyway

They don't have to weak, all the challenger needs to do is break off enough voters or cause like minded voters to sit it out - and it may be enough to lose. Even vote counts, after all. This is not good when the opposition is unified.

Like Taft

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    The Guardian has their primary tracker up for NY. Watch cartoons on your chosen candidate claim sections of the state as the night progresses .

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/apr/19/new-york-primary-live-results-trump-clinton

• Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    I still kinda think its like a 12-18% Clinton win

I wouldn't be surprised by that outcome at all. I feel like NY is a case where she's more likely to overperform, with the closed primary and all.

On the other hand, Bernie keeps somehow managing to technically stay in the race even when I think he's done for, so I also couldn't find myself too surprised if he brought it within 5%. Sigh. Just want this thing to be over.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh man. that, combined with listening to NPR in an hour, will make a fun evening.

It was cute hearing people.. waffle and avoid committing all day.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I got to vote today but my wife was one of the ones inexplicably removed from being registered as a democrat so she had to fill out an avidavit.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    PantsB wrote: »

Tsongas was a liberal Massachusetts establishment candidate, Brown was anti-establishment type

if this map is correct, new york has a whole state attached to it

who knew?!

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Lake Ontario?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Aw the closing down of the last thread ate my post.

I was all making a point about how there are different degrees of international military intervention and the US assumption of a saviour/police complex is pretty harmful. ('Syrian opposition calls for international intervention' became 'Syrian victims begging for US invasion' for some reason?)

I'm pretty critical of Sanders' foreign policy stance though. His idea of "letting the muslim countries fight it out among themselves" is just dumb, and sounds kinda racist. And the way he talks about the issues just makes me think he refuses to see the complexity of international relations.

Is Bernie an isolationist?

I don't know if I would classify him as truly isolationist, as he does say the US should support those countries who are going to lead the fight. But yeah, he does hit most of the marks.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Lake Ontario?

tumblr_lukehbYnZk1qcm16uo1_r2_1280.jpg

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Lake Ontario?

no i was talking about that land mass with all the patches of color attached to the city

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Lake Ontario?

no i was talking about that land mass with all the patches of color attached to the city

Should have specified that New York City had a state attached.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Lake Ontario?

Long Island?

• Options
    I think its called "Up"

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Oh, that joke would have worked so much better if you said NYC.

• Options
    Instacalls right at nine right?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Aw the closing down of the last thread ate my post.

I was all making a point about how there are different degrees of international military intervention and the US assumption of a saviour/police complex is pretty harmful. ('Syrian opposition calls for international intervention' became 'Syrian victims begging for US invasion' for some reason?)

I'm pretty critical of Sanders' foreign policy stance though. His idea of "letting the muslim countries fight it out among themselves" is just dumb, and sounds kinda racist. And the way he talks about the issues just makes me think he refuses to see the complexity of international relations.

Is Bernie an isolationist?

No.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    If it's an instacall, yeah.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular

lots of people call NYC just New York though. probably more likely to be surprised that there was such a thing as the state New York.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I think the important distinction on the isolationist question would be to append "by the standards of modern American politicians" in which case I think a case could be made.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I think the important distinction on the isolationist question would be to append "by the standards of modern American politicians" in which case I think a case could be made.

Mr. Sanders is an isolationist in the same way that Mrs. Clinton is a religious fanatic.

Which is to say that he isn't one.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Savge wrote: »
    This will be the last Democratic Primary thread until 2023. Think about that.

Not if Clinton gets primaried. I wonder what the betting markets pay for that kind of bet.
    I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried.

Unless there's something specifically in the party rules saying no primaries for a sitting President.

There aren't. It would make zombie Ted Kennedy pretty sad, though.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

lots of people call NYC just New York though. probably more likely to be surprised that there was such a thing as the state New York.

A New York County, as well.

...we really aren't that great at naming things.

• Options
    "Too early to call"

Skeptical face

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Exits have it at eight or so, sounds like.

• Options

For the love of god most annoying result if it holds

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Or not. Weird that they'd say too early with 4%.

• Options
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    The Guardian has their primary tracker up for NY. Watch cartoons on your chosen candidate claim sections of the state as the night progresses .

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/apr/19/new-york-primary-live-results-trump-clinton

I love the Guardian tracker. There's no doubt in my mind what site I'll be using to follow the election results in November.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Chris Matthews citing Ayn Rand is the nadir of Western civilization.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Chris Matthews citing Ayn Rand is the Nader of Western civilization.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Chris Matthews is the nadir of Western civilization.

• Options
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Guardian tracker is the best thing about this entire primary season.

• Options
    Clinton dominant in the city.

• Options
    Pretty sure this is "the exits are shit" day

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Guardian tracker is the best thing about this entire primary season.

Even better, they now have google chrome notifications to give ongoing updates. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    About 15% reporting, Clinton is up by over 20 at this point per the Guardian.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
This discussion has been closed.