As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone taking the train to PAX East?

MSUHitmanMSUHitman Checkmate Arcade Co-HostSTLRegistered User regular
Just wondering if anyone from the Midwest (Chicago/STL on east) will be taking AmTrak to the show? For me in STL it was 1/2 the cost to drive to Chicago then take the train to the show. The direct line from Chicago to Boston is under construction (this was back in March before the tragic accident in Pennsylvania) so now the train line is Chicago to Albany, NY then Albany to Boston.

I will have 2 MTG Commander decks, several MTG Duel Decks, 3DS, Vita, and VS. System (dead TCG with Marvel/DC Comic Book characters) with me and hoped I would see others on the train. If not I have Persona Q, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation to play on the trip but would rather interact with other PAX goers.

See everyone there.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    Sometimes there is a train thread, but it looks like it didn't happen this year.

The best bet is to go to the back of the train and/or the closest dining cars; that's where PAXers traditionally congregate. Look for excited nerds. :)

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Now that it's mentioned, I'm surprised I didn't see a train thread start up. I've still got a soft spot in my heart for the Sonic line from my first 2 years going.

• Options
    PNeafseyPNeafsey Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'll be on Amtrak but I'm traveling from Philadelphia to Boston on Thursday. Maybe next year a train thread will be up. This will be my first time taking Amtrak to Boston.

PNeafsey on
  • Options
    ryuskiryuski Registered User new member
    Amtrak Train 66 Friday Morning

• Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Taking the 10:39AM Amtrak#86 from Philadelphia to Boston. A buddy and I will try to grab a dining car seat, but failing that will be 'in the rear with the gear.'

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    I, too, will be on the good ol' 86, leaving Penn Station NY at 12:30. See you all tomorrow!!!

• Options
    MSUHitmanMSUHitman Checkmate Arcade Co-Host STLRegistered User regular
    We're any of you the ones playing Magic right before the 448 Cafe Car closed? On the way back I'll definitely head there as soon as I get my assigned seat.

• Options
    DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    On my way there via train right now. Left from NJ at 6:45. Still got another 3ish hours.

• Options
    Consti2tionConsti2tion Registered User regular
    I will be taking the T out of Providence, no long distance train ride for me.. Though.. Maybe for Prime if I have the money for it. Cross Country Train ride...Should be fun.

• Options
    radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    It pains me to hear that PAX train isn't a thing anymore. It was great having an extra day added before and after the con to play games.

PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • Options
    There were still people playing games! And of course there was Pre PAX Tabletop (this year, at least).

• Options
    MSUHitmanMSUHitman Checkmate Arcade Co-Host STLRegistered User regular
    Any other Magic players on 449 to Albany/Chicago?