As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX EAST SWAG AND GIVEAWAYS!! POST WHAT YOU GOT HERE!

diesel123diesel123 Registered User new member
edited April 2016 in PAX East
What are you guys seeing on the floor for giveaways?
Thanks for posting!

diesel123 on

• Options
    coflroptercoflropter Registered User regular
    Gigabyte is giving out a choice of bandana, WoT game code, or keychain for filling out a survey.

VEIYCZd.png
  • Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Got a Twitch shirt for just walking by. Also, OCZ has a wheel spin for raffle tickets + shirt. Otherwise, buttons...buttons everywhere.

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Be nice if they actually started putting The Swag back in the Swag bag. Yay for cpu magazine and ads.

Skyshines Bedlam redux gave away bobble heads for playing.

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    diesel123diesel123 Registered User new member
    these are great so far! anyone win any contests?

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Does anybody know what (if anything) Nintendo is giving out? Or if there's any swag at the Pokémon booth?

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    newfoundcontrolnewfoundcontrol Registered User regular
    Not really a give away, but the mobile game Hitman Sniper is on sale for $1 (usually $5). Also, if you play the FF XV DEMO in the Square-Enix booth you get a calander that has what I think is FF XV fan art. If you queue up and beat the Sephirot fight in ff xiv you get a shirt saying so.

If you queue up and play Battleborn at the Gearbox booth you get a shirt with art of the Battleborn drawn in a more cartoony way.

That's all I can think of. There might be a shirt for playing Doom and probably something for Elder Scrolls "hearthstone" (can't remember the name right now).

• Options
    Oh, Nintendo has something going on with the Pokemon tcg online version. You get stamps for playing and winning and can exchange stamps for prizes.

• Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    I got a shirt for playing this really cool computer card game called Eternal.

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    robirex wrote: »
    I got a shirt for playing this really cool computer card game called Eternal.

Where did you play it? Table top area? Expo floor?

• Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Check out Armor Games, they have 5 demos and each demo you play gives you a ticket to spin a week. You can win hates, shirts, tons of neat stuff. They games are adorable too!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    GoreySailorGoreySailor Boston, MARegistered User regular
    What does Overwatch have for swag?

• Options
    I believe I overhead someone say there were lynards at their booth. Its also playable in the Xbox and Sony areas so they may have something there too.

• Options
    DryDoctorEggDryDoctorEgg Registered User new member
    Does anyone have the Dirty Bomb code you get from the Swag Bag? If someone doesn't want it I'd be really grateful and could possibly offer some steam games in return.

• Options
    eggsnsteakeggsnsteak Registered User new member
    Looking for reasoning card holder. I am circular <3

• Options
    Does anyone have the Dirty Bomb code you get from the Swag Bag? If someone doesn't want it I'd be really grateful and could possibly offer some steam games in return.

I nave one back at my hotel. I won't be going back there until late tonight, but if you haven't aquired one by them, I can send you my code.

• Options
    coloredcontrollerscoloredcontrollers Registered User new member
    edited April 2016
    Registered to post this. I'm giving away a custom painted ps4 HDD cover. It's sitting at a friends booth (4247) right next to the Pax Rising booth. You just throw your email into an iPad to enter. I don't think many people have entered since it's kinda tucked away :/

I have a picture on my Instagram (same name as this account) if you'd like to see it

coloredcontrollers on
  • Options
    PidermansVestPidermansVest Registered User regular
    You guys should check out Seven. It's a pre-alpha, but it's definitely not as much a mess as it could be and is pretty fun. Some former (?) (or current?? Idk) Witcher guys are involved. Had some shirts and posters.

• Options
    Update to what I found. Overwatch is actually giving out a physcial copy of Overwatch: McCree -Train Hopping comic. If you play Battleborn you get a character pin (not a pinny arcade pin), get your picture taken with the descriptor from select Badasses in the game (I went with Rath), which you can text/email to yourself and they give you a print out right there of it too to keep, and you get a t-shirt.

At the Bethesda booth, there was one of the booth attendants giving out Doom keychains in exchange for high fives, if you play Doom you get to enter a contest to win systems at the end of the day. They also have a photo-op where you can hold a Doom cosplay weapon and look as if you're about to engage a Revnant. This picture can be text/emailed to you to share.

I had previously said you got a shirt for playing the demo for Doom, but that is unfortunatley not true. The do however have shirts for sale at the shop if you really want one.

• Options
    DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    I love the worthless swag bags pax gives out ever year.

• Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    DaNicka wrote: »
    I love the worthless swag bags pax gives out ever year.

The lines on Friday for those bags were so insane that I didn't even bother. Sunday was manageable, like in years past.

Was there anything different spread out among the 3 days, or was it all just ads?

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    The swag bag was nearly worthless for me this year.

• Options
    Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I got a QCK mousepad from Steel Series from the swag bag, and the pokemon deck and stuff was interesting enough for me.

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Karoneth wrote: »
    The swag bag was nearly worthless for me this year.

Dear god, seriously. I thought to myself, no way can the swag bags get any worse.

Wrong. Nearly everything was a coupon/advertisement for some booth, or a beta key to some shoddy game. No CAH, no skin codes, no MTG. Threw the entire "swag bag" away.

Best piece of swag I got: LucidSound LS30 gaming headset, $150 in value. First to their booth, said a phrase, got a free gaming headset.

Other swag that I got included:

Lawbreakers shirt (from panel)
    Lawbreakers pin (from panel)
    Star Fox Zero shirt (from Nintendo Booth)
    Twitch shirt (from Twitch booth)

• Options
    Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    jTzQzkD.png

• Options
    dbrown23dbrown23 Registered User new member
    The Rigs shirt was probably the nicest free shirt i got this year from the PSVR demo or the LogitechG / Paragon shirts. I also was the one who won the TX Racing Wheel from the Newegg raffle on Sunday.

• Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The pushup booth, on the main floor by the expo hall stairs, gave out free steam game keys if you did 40 pushups (20 pushups for girls). Not sure what the game was, won't find out until Wednesday when they send out the keys, but hey, free steam game for a few pushups is still a free steam game.

Oh, and finally bought The Game of 49, from the inventor himself no less, which I play tested almost 2 years ago now, but was unavailable for purchase back then.

hsu on
    iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular

PM me if you didn't find a code yet. I have one that I won't use and I'll gladly give it to you. Nothing needed in return. I don't want to send it in case you already found one.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Anyone go to the Gwent panel and get a Witcher/Geralt pin? I'd be willing to trade for it if so. PM me!

• Options
    ToasterFaerieToasterFaerie Registered User regular
    Did anyone get an extra familiar for Moon Hunter's? I like the game, but I totally forgot to stop by the booth and get one. PM for eternal gratitude?

Live fast and prosper
    3DS: 0044-3334-2157
    Steam: 3amFriday
    Backloggery: ToasterFaerie
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    I know it's quite unlikely, but if anyone has a PAX East Hoodie in Large/XL, I'd be willing to trade a lot for it!

• Options
    christokimbochristokimbo Registered User new member
    Landed a shirt from the Wargaming booth for winning a battle in the warships game. The best was near the end of the day on Sunday when I walked by the league of legends kiosk on the outside ring. My son and I were walking by and I asked for a lanyard for him which they gladly gave us. Then at the last second he offered me a free battery power pack with the LoL logo on it. SWEET! I've been wanting to just get one in general so that was a great freebie.

Last booth we visited was the Steelseries booth. We got 2 free large mouse pads and the guy offered me 20% off a sweet mechanical keyboard but I had to walk away (sad face). That was literally the last 5 minutes of the expo hall being open on Sunday.

The swag bag was a complete and utter joke. Save the plastic from the bags next year and ask the vendors to hand out more freebies at their booths if that is what a swag bag has turned in to.

• Options
    RedK232RedK232 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I got alot of stuff. I bought the Ripjaws MX870 Gaming Mouse, Was able to get a Corsair MM200 Mouse Pad, Got the LE PAX East 2016 Pin, Merch Pin, The Normal Pin Set, Got the LE Hoodie, a geico gaming shirt, acer predator shirt since i went to the after party along with the cup that changes color on the bottom. Also was able to get the overwatch/battleborn shades as well. So i was able to get alot. I will admit the swag bag this year was god awful.

RedK232 on
    xhdr64jir3c2.png
  • Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Free stuff I got was a OCZ t-shirt, Dark Rift T-shirt, I beat sephirot t-shirt, a decent plastic water bottle, and a pair of 6-sided dice. Oh, and a Warframe bandana from their panel along with 75 free platinum (in-game free currency). I didn't buy any electronics; don't really need anything.

InfiniteNuLL on
    FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    MidnyghtChildeMidnyghtChilde NYRegistered User regular
    This is the first year I got shirts I'll actually wear. The "Game with passion" tee from Logitech is super cute and a nice fabric, and the Battleborn tee artwork is awesome and it's a very soft shirt.

I like the Geico lizard shirt, but its too big so I am going to try to alter it. The Geico plushie is super cute though. I woke a Steelseries mouse pad, so that was nice. Otherwise I didn't see many pins and buttons which was a little sad as I like them (I have a pin board of souvenir pins I like to add to).

I also went ahead and got the 5 for $5 mystery t-shirt pile from 2K. I ended up with 2 civilization tee, and 3 2K logo tees - one being letters and two being butterflies spelling the letters which I rather like.

Otherwise the loot this year was pretty low key it seemed.

• Options
    MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    I was pretty excited with the Pinny Arcade Pins i got. I also got a signed Gwent game set from the Gwent panel and the Witcher pin.

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • Options
    hologramhologram CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone have a Dirty Bomb code from their swag bag they weren't planning on using? I couldn't make it to PAX, but would be more than happy to give something on Steam in exchange for one of those codes!

EDIT: Thank you very much, caerulean_blue!

hologram on
  • Options
    caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular

PM me if you didn't find a code yet. I have one that I won't use and I'll gladly give it to you. Nothing needed in return. I don't want to send it in case you already found one.

I ended up giving this code to another forum user. I still have the other game codes from the swag bag if anyone wants them.

• Options
    tofulynntofulynn FloridaRegistered User regular
    Anyone have the PAX East Logo 2016 t-shirt in women's small? Not the Poly t-shirt. Willing to trade.