As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good Bye East, now the staking for west

• Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Deimir wrote: »
    And we're on the road. Using mobile hotspot on my work phone (which has a beefier battery than my personal phone) to provide data for my tablet. Spreading the power drain around a little, and the driver has a charger I can borrow if anything starts to get low. I don't have an F5 button on this thing, but I'm refreshing just the same.

Good luck, I doubt they will on sale on a Monday.

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    valdor wrote: »
    And we're on the road. Using mobile hotspot on my work phone (which has a beefier battery than my personal phone) to provide data for my tablet. Spreading the power drain around a little, and the driver has a charger I can borrow if anything starts to get low. I don't have an F5 button on this thing, but I'm refreshing just the same.

Good luck, I doubt they will on sale on a Monday.

You never know, but assuming Krae_man is correct about the hotel link, I'd think they'd give the enforcers some time to get their rooms booked before the public rush.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Does anyone remember if they take e-checks for buying tickets? I left my debit card at home today but have my checkbook with me, really worried about them going on sale without it even though it's (hopefully) unlikely on a Monday.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Scunosi wrote: »
    Does anyone remember if they take e-checks for buying tickets? I left my debit card at home today but have my checkbook with me, really worried about them going on sale without it even though it's (hopefully) unlikely on a Monday.

Looks like its just Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover, if you go by Showclix's PAX South registration page...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    doesn't enforcer applications always come after ticket sales?

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    LetMeIn wrote: »

Applications to be an enforcer only open up if there is any turnover from the previous year.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    What is this link to the Hotel booking??

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »

Applications to be an enforcer only open up if there is any turnover from the previous year.

But if they happen, it's after sales occur. And if I remember correctly, blocks of rooms have become suddenly available much closer to the event. Implying that rooms being held for Enforcers/Exhibitors/Presenters were opened to the public.

• Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    At least Khoo knows that people monitor his twitter also and has been silent for 18 days. We don't need the additional stress of false alarm tweets from him every couple days.

• Options
    ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »

Looks like its just Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover, if you go by Showclix's PAX South registration page...
    Well I don't really "like" this but thanks for the answer, I can only hope it's not true. :(

• Options
    Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    Of course payday didn't happen today like it was supposed to so now I'm freaking out!

• Options
    MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular

Well I don't really "like" this but thanks for the answer, I can only hope it's not true. :(
    If they do go on sale today, let me know what you want for passes and I will grab them for you and you can just get me back when you get your card. Im only getting two Monday passes, so I have some room to add more to my order.

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    My phones 4g finally works, I no longer need to have my fiancee monitor the site while I'm heading to work.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    Cherise A FillingerCherise A Fillinger Registered User new member

If they do go on sale today, let me know what you want for passes and I will grab them for you and you can just get me back when you get your card. Im only getting two Monday passes, so I have some room to add more to my order.

You could always run out and buy yourself a visa gift card on break with your checks.

• Options
    afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    Outlook for today isn't good : \

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    My bet is tomorrow.

That said...
    I'm hungry, I want to grab food. But, I dunno if I'm willing to risk being away from my computer yet...

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular

You could always run out and buy yourself a visa gift card on break with your checks.

Unfortunately no... You cannot buy any kind of gift/one time use credit card with a check, because they are giving you basically money, without them getting money, as the check could bounce... Only cash, or another credit/debit card are usually the requirements for buying gift cards.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    afipanic wrote: »
    Outlook for today isn't good : \

for the first time in the history of tickets I hope it's true. Hubby needs to get paid!

• Options
    Well, doesn't look like today. Hoping for Tuesday or Wednesday; I don't want to go through another full week of this!

• Options
    ryamkajrryamkajr Registered User regular
    I know it will never happen, but I wish they would sell passes JUST for the Expo Hall.

I am of the age that I am no longer interested in hanging out, playing games, going to panels.

I just want to be able to walk the Expo Hall for a day, and then leave, allowing others to enjoy the rest of PAX.

• Options
    DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    Today was the last day I could guarantee my full attention. Tomorrow I become team lead for a new IT project that will consume nearly every waking moment for the summer, leading right up to the Friday before PAX. My friends are on their own for badges this year, methinks.

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    maybe they have forgotten to sell Badges this year

• Options

2016 - Street PAX

• Options
    DeimirDeimir Registered User regular

Just line up on day of the event. First come, first served.

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular

y'all thought I was crazy but I tolds 'ya! mwheeeee hehe hehe!

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »

even if you are right doesn't mean you are not crazy

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    http://west.paxsite.com/enforcers#join
    Did anybody mention that enforcer applications are open?
    Do they ever open up enforcer apps before selling badges? I always felt like enforcer apps came after badges (IF it opened up)

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »

even if you are right doesn't mean you are not crazy

Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you.

• Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular

They're not going on sale. It's not happening. They canceled it. They're turning the wscc into an amazon condo. Penny Arcade now exclusively sells murkins. Video games no longer exist. Death is but a door. Time is but a window.

Also butts.

I'm thinkin tomorrow or Wed for sure though

• Options
    DakeglerDakegler Registered User regular
    Think it'd be too troll-y for them to put them on sale in the whilst E3 is going on next week?

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Not at all, E3 is a marketing show for press. PAX was created as a counterpoint specifically to E3's press-centric audience. PAX is for regular gamers.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    altmann wrote: »
    Not at all, E3 is a marketing show for press. PAX was created as a counterpoint specifically to E3's press-centric audience. PAX is for regular gamers.

And I think most of Penny Arcade does not go to E3. I think Mike and Jerry do sometimes (not sure if they still do). But they have no part is selling PAX badges. They don't even know when they will go on sale. Of course it's moot since badges will 100% for super-sure go on sale today*.

*Badges may or may not 100% for super-sure go on sale today.

• Options
    Due to an early conference call this morning I had the option to either get to work 3 hours early, or possibly be commuting at 10am.

Sleep is for people with PAX tickets.

• Options
    evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    Sleep is for people with PAX tickets.
    Me yesterday when I chose to forego an extra two hours because even though it was pretty unlikely that they would go on sale on a Monday, especially earlier than 10, we're so far into uncharted territory now that I wasn't taking any chances.

I'll sleep after tickets sell out.

• Options
    afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    What are the chances of today vs tomorrow?
    I saw that infographic being thrown around and per the image, PAX West hasn't ever been sold on a Tuesday.
    Does that make it more likely to be today or less likely?

Just looking for general opinion.

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2016
    We'll know for sure tomorrow.
    Its always tomorrow.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    afipanic wrote: »
    What are the chances of today vs tomorrow?
    I saw that infographic being thrown around and per the image, PAX West hasn't ever been sold on a Tuesday.
    Does that make it more likely to be today or less likely?

Just looking for general opinion.

Honestly, the chances dont change much. Historically PAX West tickets are always an unknown, so they might do a Tuesday just to keep people guessing and to make sure they do not follow into a pattern. But Wednesday does seem to be best as it allows two days to set everything up, and then 3 days to troubleshoot issues. This is also the latest tickest will have ever been on sale for West which by itself is odd. To many unknowns.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I mean, ease of use for the average consumer is typically a good reason to implement something. If I'm selling a product why would I add consumer perceived drawbacks if it doesn't in the end improve my bottom line?

Yes consumers could have "planned better", but if the intent is for easier access to tickets and a larger convention population, then having consumers transfer tickets is desired. Even things like scalping, are usually framed as a problem of accessibility by fans.

When, in fact, scalpers out front /increase/ accessibility by fans. Controversial viewpoint, but true. As long as 90% or more of people are getting in for face value (seems to be the case), the guys out front are just providing a service; they take excess tickets off your hands, and get them into the hands of those that want them.

You think to yourself that this should be easy enough to do on your own, right? Well I had a friend get called away at the last minute, and was tasked with selling his tickets (a couple full sets), and it's not nearly as easy as you'd think. Hawking them outside the con center takes time. As does craigslisting them (especially to flakey ass people).
    ryamkajr wrote: »
    I know it will never happen, but I wish they would sell passes JUST for the Expo Hall.

I am of the age that I am no longer interested in hanging out, playing games, going to panels.

I just want to be able to walk the Expo Hall for a day, and then leave, allowing others to enjoy the rest of PAX.

I definitely feel ya (though for me I'd also want the BYOC access).

If all you want is a day in the expo hall, though, that's basically the Monday badge. They take twice as long to sell out, and are easily purchased at face value that weekend.

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Glad i got over whatever i had overnight and in the morning, did not want to be sick during the sale today.

What i think about PAX tickets right now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrHddhBWEDw

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    mcdermott wrote: »
    ryamkajr wrote: »

I definitely feel ya (though for me I'd also want the BYOC access).

If all you want is a day in the expo hall, though, that's basically the Monday badge. They take twice as long to sell out, and are easily purchased at face value that weekend.

And doing the Expo hall later lets you do a little internet recon and see what is worth waiting to see. Unless there was some limited collectible you wanted to buy.

This discussion has been closed.