As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Demon Free Webcomic Thread

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    It's an accurate joke. it has nothing to do with statistics. Just racist and sexist attitudes that are still present in society.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Everything I do with my dick is subversive.

I'm mostly subversing expectations, but still.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    One Punch Man is read right to left.
    |Previous Chapter | Index | Current Chapter| [NSFW]
    Neveron wrote: »
    DF7oFdC.jpg
    jpOlFcT.jpg
    fpPYDiq.jpg
    e39RATy.jpg

Sources and links:
    ||JP webcomic c.1-106| |ENG webcomic c.1-90 (91-106 are available on other unlinkable places)|(2 NSFW pages)
    Chapters 1-3 translated by El_Thor, 4-27 by Boon (and for four panels PA's Cantide and for one PA's Winder) and edited by me, 28-30 by El_Thor yet again, and 31 onwards by someone who shall remain anonymous since I don't know who they are.

|JP Manga c.1-5, 15-59| |ENG Manga c.1-40|
    |Anime: Daisuki, Hulu|
    The next webcomic post is probably read left to right.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I see three white people and a black person

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I see three white people and a black person

Darkshine isn't black, he's an asian dude with a tan
    point on the 3ps strip, though

although perhaps they wanted to further cement the "wonder-bread" aspect of their argument or something?

still think they should have gone for "show, don't tell" though

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    darkshine is supposed to be that japanese bodybuilder stereotype where they get extremely tanned and oiled up

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    darkshine is supposed to be that japanese bodybuilder stereotype where they get extremely tanned and oiled up

Ayup.

Here's Hidetada Yamagishi.

hidetada+yamagishi53.jpg

And here he is with less of a tan, although I think he's still oiled up.
    wUHTt5X.jpg

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    shit on he own swole balls

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure the "three white people and a black person" was a comment about the three panel soul comic on the last page.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    if you want to go nuts over something problematic in OPM superalloy darkshine is not the big one

slicing shemale is

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Pretty sure the "three white people and a black person" was a comment about the three panel soul comic on the last page.

hence my spoiler, which in retrospect was probably confused for an actual spoiler??
    sorry about that
    point on the 3ps strip, though

although perhaps they wanted to further cement the "wonder-bread" aspect of their argument or something?

still think they should have gone for "show, don't tell" though

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    if you want to go nuts over something problematic in OPM superalloy darkshine is not the big one

slicing shemale is

Thats not an accurate translation though.

Not that Okama is much better but the connotations are different

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    "Now get back in the fucking dungeon."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options

slicing shemale is

Thats not an accurate translation though.

Not that Okama is much better but the connotations are different

yeah, it's a untranslatable pun-name based on the sickle weasel, or "kamaitachi"

so okama + kamaitachi = okamaitachi, fitting the theme with iaian and bushidrill

he's still problematic for other reasons, though, but those are the more standard problematic depictions of crossdressers and male homosexuals than something as abjectly transphobic as "slicing sheman"

also either way "okama" is a pretty controversial term IIRC although again it's got very different connotations

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

slicing shemale is

Pretty Pretty Prisoner is still probably my least favorite but that one is also super terrible

Like if they got more screen time and the rest of OPM was any less amazing it would be hard to keep reading

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

slicing shemale is

That character is the only one that has managed to compete with Pretty Pretty Prisoner in terms of being terrible

Like if they got more screen time and the rest of OPM was any less amazing it would be hard to keep reading

I'm pretty sure that okamaitachi is cismale

he's just a crossdresser and also gay

speaking of which, OPM has pretty bad issues with homosexuality in general. The only times it's come up, as far as I remember, is when it serves as a joke - Pri-Pri-Prisoner is one big prison rape joke and has a bunch of smaller homosexuality=feminimity stuff thrown in, Okamaitachi is almost nothing but one big "lol gay dudes are girly" joke, and then there's the one time back in the beginning of the comic that Saitama thought that Dr. Genus was hitting on him ("he wants your body") and said that he doesn't swing that way.
    Nothing but jokes. There's nothing inherently wrong with making jokes about homosexuality, per se, but when the only time it even comes up is as a joke? Ehhh. It would be better if there was more good examples of gay peeps in the comic, but there aren't.
    Also, the jokes being made are more of the offensive sort. (Although the "I don't swing that way" one is alright, I guess.)

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Mirro wrote: »
    I don't really know what this comic is about, I haven't read far but birds seem to be involved
    tumblr_o5an9pKOD51rk91qxo1_1280.png
    False Knees

Not really about anything, just a Canadian dude making four-panel comics. He does a lot of bird comics because birds are the best to draw. Sometimes there are people too. Or people and birds together.

TQ6Nga8.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Nope Geese are invasive as fuck you go in there with a gun. Or I guess whatever Canadians are allowed to carry

A whistle maybe?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You can walk around with a sword on your hip if you fancy

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Pretty sure you can't walk around with a sword in any US municipality?

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »

"Canada is a US municipality" is probably as low a blow as you can deal Canada.

• Options

Oh you'd be surprised, if an an American mentions a Canadian they cover it on the CBC as though God peeked through a cloud and winked at us

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    I don't really know what this comic is about, I haven't read far but birds seem to be involved
    False Knees
    Seagulls are fucking flying vermin.
    If you see one, select your gun and then select the seagull.

• Options
    Another fun Canada fact, gulls are a protected species, please visit a jail for shooting gulls

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    False Knees
    Seagulls are fucking flying vermin.
    If you see one, select your gun and then select the seagull.

Well In Wyoming they did not frown a few years when you could shoot them outside of the city and had the land owners permission

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    wxzvod9tb8kd.png
    I tried to send a message back, but I accidentally hit 'reply all' and now the ocean is clogged with message bottles.

ax.png 29.2K
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ec20160502.jpg

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

Well I just meant "I don't know Canadian law, but considering it's illegal to carry a sword most places in the US I find it highly improbable that it's legal to carry swords in Canada. Even for protection against Geese."

/explaining the joke

• Options
    535.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_100814_193154_zps81b44141.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_022516_082158_zpsoicrutat.jpg

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure this came from this thread in an earlier incarnation, but what the heck:

(NSFW dialog but otherwise fine)

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Nvm

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    dc20160502.png
    Now and forever

• Options
    2016-05-01-4476ee29.png

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular

It's funny because in the director's commentary they mentioned that they weren't sure what to call him and settled on "Beast" because they ran out of time.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    tumblr_o6k0jt5n0j1sbudt0o1_1280.jpg
    how long has it been since she ate

Witchy

• Options
    q0cgdp4pnc6r.png
    I hope in the new Ghostbusters they grapple with the idea that they're taking human souls and placing them in an Earthly purgatory forever.
    b5qz6iwnn7la.png

• Options
    i46uldgvnopv.jpg
    SPLURT right in the eye
    I guess just cutting his beard off with your ninja sword won't work?

This discussion has been closed.