As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Superhero] Thread Will Be With You Until The End Of The Line

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    chincy you monster

look what you are doing to uv

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    9 hours! But I also saw it a week ago so I can't complain.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gotta say, when I saw the pic earlier today on Facebook my first thought was "man I bet Chincy is loving this"

Seeing his reaction was heartbreaking

You will find I am far and away one of the most positive on it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I think the helmets are really atrocious but mostly like the suits

Most of the people who follow twa have been much much less positive than that

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I like some elements
    Not some others
    Wanna see how they move though

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I like some elements
    Not some others
    Wanna see how they move though

This will be the biggest test for me

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Went and saw Civil War, and the difference in the audience reaction from when I saw BvS:DoJ was palpable. People were cheering and clapping at every cool moment and introduction, it was like the opening night for Force Awakens all over again. Just pure positivity in the air, and despite being probably the most serious and relatively dour of all the Marvel stuff, it never strayed too far from being plain fun.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It's a little hard to parse out how I feel about Civil War compared to other MCU films

The word "effortless" comes to mind, this movie juggled so many different plot strands so perfectly, much better than Age of Ultron did

I think I may still prefer The Winter Soldier though

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Those power ranger suits look more like iron man suits than mass effect to me probably due to the glowing chestpiece.

Thing is I always associated power rangers fighting to be very acrobatic with lots of jumping and kicking. Which looks like it would be really hard to do in those power armor looking suits?

depends on what we're talking about in terms of cgi/practical effects

Also I don' tthink the chestpiece is glowing but I'm not sure, I thought it was lensflare/glare

Yeah definitely gonna have to see what the film's action scenes will look like to determine if the suits will work with the action.

And looking again at the design I not only definitely see the mass effect influenced design in it but the chestpiece looks like some kind of prismatic stone or something deeply transparent that reflects the light source from within.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's a little hard to parse out how I feel about Civil War compared to other MCU films

The word "effortless" comes to mind, this movie juggled so many different plot strands so perfectly, much better than Age of Ultron did

I think I may still prefer The Winter Soldier though

That's where I'm at with it

I might put it at the top of my list of "what's the BEST Marvel movie"

But I don't think it displaces Guardians or Winter Soldier for "what's my FAVORITE"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am gonna take proper Civil War discussion to the main thread but I am just gonna chime in with the chorus of voices saying Black Panther and Spider-Man were absolutely perfect in every way

Incredibly excited for their movies

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I think ultimately, the thing that's gonna keep Civil War from being the top of the top for me is how heavy it is for most of it

Maybe that will change with some distance, but I can't see myself rewatching it a bajillion times like most Marvel movies

It's 2 and a half hours long and really seeps itself in some dark shit

It has SEQUENCES that are really fun, but you can never really forget about the weight of the situation

None of this is a negative, it's just inherent to the story they tell

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Finally got caught up with Flash.
    I KNEW IT as soon as they said Jessie Quick I was like "oh so shes going to be a speedster huh?" and I am guess after a couple episodes of Wells beating himself up over it Barry is going to come out of the Speed Force faster then ever

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I wasn't going to see Civil War till next week because of finals. But then the network in the animation labs crapped out, and after I started working in the computer lab the campus was evacuated for a fire...sooo

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Finally got caught up with Flash.
    I KNEW IT as soon as they said Jessie Quick I was like "oh so shes going to be a speedster huh?" and I am guess after a couple episodes of Wells beating himself up over it Barry is going to come out of the Speed Force faster then ever

probably
    he'll be back at the end of the next episode and then yeah faster than ever.

• Options
    Looks like Captain Marvel will be introduced into the MCU earlier than her own movie, as the Russos accidentally name dropped her when talking about characters in Infinity War Part One.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Apparently Kevin Smith suggested that Ice Cube should play John Stewart

Kevin Smith that is not a half-bad idea

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Looks like Captain Marvel will be introduced into the MCU earlier than her own movie, as the Russos accidentally name dropped her when talking about characters in Infinity War Part One.

My guess would be that shows up as part of Earth's defense efforts against an invading Thanos similar to Smith's role in Independence Day.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

My guess would be that shows up as part of Earth's defense efforts against an invading Thanos similar to Smith's role in Independence Day.
    Well they specifically said Captain Marvel, not Carol Danvers, so I would imagine she gets her powers at some point in the film if not already having them by the beginning

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'd be down with Infinity also serving as Carol's origin story

or maybe it'll be a bit like Spider-man where they introduce him as a pre-existing entity to generate buzz then give him in his own movie

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Well they specifically said Captain Marvel, not Carol Danvers, so I would imagine she gets her powers at some point in the film if not already having them by the beginning

Perhaps they meant captain mar vell

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2016
    -Tal wrote: »

Perhaps they meant captain mar vell

Yeah, that won't confuse anyone.

I am actually really interested in how they are going to handle Danver's origin story. Is she going to get her powers in Infinity war or already have them? Given her origin, it would be weird for her to already have them this whole time, and not have been introduced before (Given the whole tahiti thing).

Morkath on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    yeah I think she'll probably get them in Infinity War

like, she's already in the Air Force so it makes sense that she could be involved in some way there

get zapped by a Kree thing

get powers towards the end

solo movie is about how she adjusts to having powers or something

returns in Infinity War 2 and makes everyone eat photons

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    If she gets her powers in the movie I would say it would be through something Thanos has or does, maybe accidentally through the use of the infinty stones.

Or maybe she just gets warped into space somehow and then her own movie is her origin story set somewhere in the universe.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Captain Marvel is so far awaaaaaaaay

Then again, it feels like just yesterday when the whole Serpent Society thing happened

• Options
    edited May 2016

Then again, it feels like just yesterday when the whole Serpent Society thing happened
    Infinity War Part One, and Two, start filming in November!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Two years from now, she shows up, one year later she gets her solo film

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

returns in Infinity War 2 and makes everyone eat sparklefist

But yeah, I saw Civil War. It was great.
    I loved Spidey, really interested in if he can carry a solo movie.
    And yeah, Black Panther owned and is in way more of it than I thought he'd be. :+1:

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Like over a week ago

Is it Dr Strange yet?

No, within 6 months.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

What?

They haven't even started filming Spider-Man or Thor yet!

• Options

What?

DEADLINE: When do you start these Avengers films?
    JOSEPH RUSSO: We already started them, a couple months ago. We had to. We start shooting in November, two movies back to back. So we need two scripts ASAP, and we probably started working on them six months ago.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

What?

Those begin next month

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Captain Marvel showing up in Infinity War makes sense since Fiege said we would get a casting announcement soon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    What the heck is the wasp up to since getting her suit 9 months ago

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

the helmets are... alright? what kills it for me are the textures on everything, it makes them look like shitty cgi from twenty years ago

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    -Tal wrote: »
    What the heck is the wasp up to since getting her suit 9 months ago
    The Russos said they were going to use her but wanted to wait so she got a proper debut in AMatW instead of getting shoved into the already super crowded melee of Civil War

So probably just training and fine tuning the suit

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

the helmets are... alright? what kills it for me are the textures on everything, it makes them look like shitty cgi from twenty years ago

It's Entertainment Weekly though, they excel at making that stuff look extra weird and bad. I wonder why any of the studios lets them make promo pictures.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    well, likely they get the stuff from the studio/publisher. At most they choose which shots to use, and maybe crop them or something

also I definitely see the mass effect thing people were talking about in that shot

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, it'll be interesting if Carol gets introduced in Infinity War given Fiege specifically mentioned they wanted to intro her in her own film.

If I had to guess, I imagine how well Spider-Man and Black Panther have gone over in Civil War have made the idea a viable concept now.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm actually going to get to see Civil War twice in a row on Saturday?

My wife and I have a third who wants to see it with us, so we got 3 tickets for an earlier time (matinee prices! Yay!)

But I still have my reserved seats at a later showing that day in literally the best seats in the house, and like hell am I giving those up, so I'm just going to essentially walk right out of one theater and right into another with a different buddy

This discussion has been closed.