As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nioh: Onimusouls Action Available on Feb 7!

• Options
    DCAarmusDCAarmus Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Most of my deaths are stupid and because I get greedy and over extend. Also those damned wheel monks, I hate wheel monks with an undying passion.

Dark Souls: Check out these skeleton wheels that come out of nowhere and hit for infinite damage!

Nioh: Hmmmm...what if they were on fire?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    God, those things are terrible. It looks like it's just casually rolling along oh now I can't move what I'm on fire now I'm dead.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    The good thing about playing this game slow is that the wiki is taking a really long time to get filled out.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Elementals are surprisingly obnoxious enemies, too. It's bananas how quickly they can just pulverize your ki bar. The flit around spamming teleport attacks and oh I'm out of ki oh that tengu just tore my asshole open welp

In other news, I switched off the kusarigama and back to the old standby spear/dual swords combo, dropped some weight to get an A in agility and Christ I think my combat efficiency ratcheted up by about ten times.

I am just garbage with that weapon. Which is funny, because it's basically all I used during the demo.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    On the other hand, the elementals also buff up your weapon with huge elemental damage. And are often paired well with whatever enemies are also there. Either completely wrecking them, or in the case of amrita fiends, sometimes they're the same element, which means if you can whack their crystal means they instant die and explode.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    There is a YouTube video of an axe build that is effectively infinite spinning and a shitton of damage. Looks cool but not really my style.

I do kinda want to try a backstab katana build. But, axes and spears.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Ugh, that spear dude in the dojo was a real pain in the ass. I think he was more difficult for me than sword guy on the hill. Any mistake was almost instant death. It felt a little cheesy how I beat him. It consisted of running away until he comboed then hitting him once and then continuing to run. I really struggle with spear wielding revenants as well.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Ugh, that spear dude in the dojo was a real pain in the ass. I think he was more difficult for me than sword guy on the hill. Any mistake was almost instant death. It felt a little cheesy how I beat him. It consisted of running away until he comboed then hitting him once and then continuing to run. I really struggle with spear wielding revenants as well.

It's important for those guys to dance in and out of range and test them and just watch what they do. You have total control over how enemies behave in this game. They react very consistently to stimuli, namely your position relative to them. Don't even attack at first, just move around and see what they do and what combos they throw out.

Work on finding the edge of their range and recognizing when their combo is actually over, so you can dash in and do a full combo before they recover.

Then, work on recognizing when spear enemies are doing thrust attacks or other straight attacks so you can dash to the side and unload on them while they're in their recovery animation.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I think Ii is actually easier since he doesn't have unblockable moves like Tachibana. Guard+Sword Ki+Grapple will wreck him like any humanoid. For spear skeletons they usually do 2 pokes, and occasionally 3 pokes. Just wait for it and then punish.

Lifeseal is also really good if you're using it against bosses, especially human ones to prevent their ki recovery. Then you just keep baiting out their attacks and just keep running around till they exhaust themselves.

Dracil on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Those dojo fights aren't that bad really. I've done two of them without any weapon skills. Just plink away at them in high stance till they break and go to town.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So yeah, poison cave is making me hate this game.

Is there no regen equipment Souls style? This shit is a consumable drain.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    If you mean the poison mines
    Use the air vents to blow away the noxious air then leg it it down and kill the mushrooms that produce the poisonous vapour, antidotes are handy and shouldn't need a whole bundle. Be careful with the vents as they only blow away the poison for a short while before you have to wind them up again.

Wheel monks are a pain until you loop their attack pattern. Get close and wait for the flamethrower attack and then pull back, soon as its finished jump back in start hitting up close.. they normally repeat the attack. If you stagger them and they fall down, step back to avoid the blast and once the aoe is finished step back in and start hitting.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If you mean the poison mines
    Use the air vents to blow away the noxious air then leg it it down and kill the mushrooms that produce the poisonous vapour, antidotes are handy and shouldn't need a whole bundle. Be careful with the vents as they only blow away the poison for a short while before you have to wind them up again.

Wheel monks are a pain until you loop their attack pattern. Get close and wait for the flamethrower attack and then pull back, soon as its finished jump back in start hitting up close.. they normally repeat the attack. If you stagger them and they fall down, step back to avoid the blast and once the aoe is finished step back in and start hitting.

Wait. What!?
    Poisonous mushrooms? Fuuuuuuuuuck. I guess I have to look for those.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Yeah
    Look for large blobs with glowing spots normally surrounded by nasty enemies on patrol paths.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    So yeah, poison cave is making me hate this game.

Is there no regen equipment Souls style? This shit is a consumable drain.

You have antidotes and magic regen and all the poison is temporarily moved by fans or hit the poison blobs

• Options
    I found so many antidotes by the time I reached the poison mines, the poison didn't matter much.

• Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    Once you see how to approach the mushrooms, that level isn't so bad. There is usually a path that leads above the poison with a machine that removes it, then you jump down and kill the mushroom.

Also helps to take the Ox guardian with you for that one.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    ROFL!

Just went to do Warrior: Veteran. First try, I have him. Down to no visible health, stamina ran out, pressed Triangle to finish him with a grapple, and ... my fucking controller died just before I pressed it. Didn't have enough time to grab my fresh controller before he killed me. I have now died five times in a row.

• Options
    I really want to just blow through the story so I can get to NG+ and start collecting the super sweet gear, but I can't stop doing side missions and stuff. I just enjoy them and I'm afraid I'll be under-leveled for NG+

It also kind of sucks that Twilight missions rotate in and out. I'd like to just do them, but it always seems like the ones I have unlocked are vastly under or over my level.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Last night I was doing a lot of visitation, trying to grind out Umi-Bozu's Eyestones on Twilight NG+.

Folks are well and truly horrendous at this game. I think I visited 12 different players and only 2 of them managed to not die within 3 seconds of entering the boss arena. One player literally ran to get their grave... and then continued running and fell into the ocean.

To have beaten the game and still struggle with such actions is beyond me.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Last night I was doing a lot of visitation, trying to grind out Umi-Bozu's Eyestones on Twilight NG+.

Folks are well and truly horrendous at this game. I think I visited 12 different players and only 2 of them managed to not die within 3 seconds of entering the boss arena. One player literally ran to get their grave... and then continued running and fell into the ocean.

As a huge dummy,

• Options

That makes me feel a bit better after I threw myself at a miniboss so many times I lost count.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I've not seen a single person I've joined for co-op gesture to a nurikabe either, they all just go straight for the hit.

150 is the max gear level right? Is it just attributes that get better on gear from harder missions in NG+?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Pretty sure you can do better than 150...they did just patch the game and removed the ability to craft really insanely high level equipment (i heard 320 was the max anyone did), but i dont think 150 was the cap. Probably need to get into New game + and use lots of devine shards.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea 320 gear is a thing in NG+

• Options
    The translated patch notes for 1.04 seem conflicted as to whether gear over 150 was intentional. Apparently it was, but with a very small probability. I only ever crafted one thing above 150, and never saw anything drop above that number. And honestly, it doesn't make much sense for things to go above 150, considering you have Divine levels, which seemed like a workaround to ensure Soul Matching costs weren't preventing NG+ progress.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Umi bozu's arena is bullshit though.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

Umi bozu's arena is bullshit though.

one time i was hitting the boss and he was almost dead and i just kind of fell through the world

i wasn't even close to the edge and the monster was at the edge anyway

grumble mumble

but i want that fanatic armor so 5-10 times more into the breach tonight, maybe i will just coop it

• Options
    Apparently in the grim darkness of NG+, revevnants only wear red demon armor. It's actually kinda funny. I mean, the 6 piece bonus is pretty damn ridiculous, but still, some variety would be nice.

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Apparently in the grim darkness of NG+, revevnants only wear red demon armor. It's actually kinda funny. I mean, the 6 piece bonus is pretty damn ridiculous, but still, some variety would be nice.

That's only because people who're wearing other sets don't die. :snap:

But really, once you get that one accessory, you really do want to mix up your armor sets to gain as many different set bonuses as you can.

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »

But really, once you get that one accessory, you really do want to mix up your armor sets to gain as many different set bonuses as you can.

Which accessory are you talking about?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Yasakani Magatama. It's a NG+ only accessory that reduces set requirement by 1. And unlike the Diablo version of RRoG, it can reduce 2 piece requirements to 1 piece.

• Options
    Aumni wrote: »

Which accessory are you talking about?

I imagine the one that lowers et bonus requirements by 1.

• Options
    Yasakani Magatama. It's a NG+ only accessory that reduces set requirement by 1. And unlike the Diablo version of RRoG, it can reduce 2 piece requirements to 1 piece.

So I'll be able to get my full jonin set bonus, and 3 other 2 piece bonuses. Hmm.

• Options
    I've beaten the entirety of NG+ and never got that — is it a random drop from something in particular?

• Options
    It's random. I got lucky and got it on like my first mission. People definitely try to farm it. One way is in the bathhouse mission. Go to the locked door near the shrine via the middle section hole in the wall, open the I think amrita or chest. If you don't get the right accessory, go save at the shrine. Go back via the unlocked door, open it, if it's not the right one, pick up a consumable. Go back to shrine, then go back and repeat until you run out of chances. Should get like 3 tries I think this way?

• Options
    Thanks for the mine area tips. Man, that stage's boss was a joke.

• Options
    Thanks for the mine area tips. Man, that stage's boss was a joke.

Some people struggle but to me it was the easiest

• Options
    In terms of shitty poison zones it's no Blighttown. If nothing else, the framerate doesn't drop to stop motion levels.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    the boss of the mines was almost a gimme. like the witches in Bloodborne.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."