As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] It's not the end of TNA, but you can see it from here...

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    wbXbsPn.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    ROCK LOVE ROCK

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Sami Zayn is on Jericho's podcast today and apparently talks about how his career is modeled after Terminator 2 so

Yeah, gonna listen to that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Upon further investigation, that was Sami Zayn's index finger that he gestured towards Lana with.

Likely a tribute to his mentor, and not a tribute to Stone Cold Steve Austin, like some were lead to believe(seeing as my TV blacked out for a split second the moment Sami raised his hand).

I, for one, am glad that this important mystery has been solved, and now we can move on with our lives.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Apparently Owens had a really good bout with Swagger at the ME tapings last night.

I thought Swagger got released!

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Sami Zayn is on Jericho's podcast today and apparently talks about how his career is modeled after Terminator 2 so

Yeah, gonna listen to that

Sami, do not allow yourself to be lowered into a vat of molten metal. I will not end well.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Apparently Owens had a really good bout with Swagger at the ME tapings last night.

I thought Swagger got released!

i heard he said bye to some folks at the end of the night so it was likely his farewell match

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Yo this Naito/Evil vs Ishii/Goto tag match from the 4/24 New Japan show is so good. Maybe my favorite match of the weekend.

I take it you're watching in chronological order and haven't seen Kushida VS Will Ospreay yet.

Because wow that match. I felt my VO2 max increase just watching it.

Did they have another match?! Because the one at Invasion Attack was fantastic. I need to see this immediately.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ugh this Kenny v Big Mike match is almost uncomfortable to watch, they are murdering each other.

• Options
    Sabre better start his hypnosis training now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    From his Chikara debut to wrestling Kurt Angle to showing up in the GCS, ZSJ is having an amazing year so far.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Holy moly

Is there a single crowd that hasn't gotten behind enzo and Cass promo wise

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I thought enzo and Cass might have been received poorly

I was very happily mistaken

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    zsj getting a chance to show some comedy chops would probably very good for him

• Options
    zsj getting a chance to show some comedy chops would probably very good for him
    He was shockingly good on the mic when I saw him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Ugh this Kenny v Big Mike match is almost uncomfortable to watch, they are murdering each other.

Holy shit this match.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I think ZSJ has a style that lends itself well to comedy wrestling to begin with, so he should probs be fine.

My first description of him was that he was a comedy wrestler whose shtick is that he's insanely good at wrestling.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Enzo and Cass are the New Age Outlaws, but good, the only thing I was worried about was why they hadn't been called up yet.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    also, on the other end of the spectrum, Ophidian is super good at chain wrestling

• Options
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I really hope it's about the Bullfrog game.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Raw brought in its lowest Neilson number of the year last Monday, which adds to a steady decline since Mania.

If things keep going in a downward trend I wonder how bad it has to get before USA starts asking serious questions.

• Options
    neilsen
    ratings
    don't
    matter

• Options
    More accurately, Neilsen Ratings don't matter that much and Raw still gets stellar ratings compared to everything else on USA so the situation remains the same as it did the last dozen times ratings have been mentioned

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    neilsen
    ratings
    don't
    matter

Advertisers still treat them as gospel, and WWE has a hard enough time getting revenue from that source.

Not saying anything major will happen but you know Roman will be getting the blame in some way.

• Options
    More accurately, Neilsen Ratings don't matter that much and Raw still gets stellar ratings compared to everything else on USA so the situation remains the same as it did the last dozen times ratings have been mentioned

What program is second to Raw on USA out of curiousity?

• Options
    neilsen
    ratings
    don't
    matter

Advertisers still treat them as gospel, and WWE has a hard enough time getting revenue from that source.

Not saying anything major will happen but you know Roman will be getting the blame in some way.
    Do they, though?

WWE doesn't seem to be struggling to get sponsors at all and recently had PPVs sponsored by Snickers and Coke

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    neilsen
    ratings
    don't
    matter

do we though

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    neilsen
    ratings
    don't
    matter

1) advertisers are in the process of widening their perspectives to consider online and mobile markets

2) No we do not know that, that's not a thing we can know

• Options
    neilsen
    ratings
    don't
    matter

do we though

He's the current torchbearer so I believe he'd get some blame even if he doesn't deserve it.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    neilsen
    ratings
    don't
    matter

do we though

He's the current torchbearer so I believe he'd get some blame even if he doesn't deserve it.

"i believe" and "you know" are different statements

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    If the tv numbers are a general indication on a lack of interest in the current WWE product blaming the workers and not the writers is bullshit but sadly I can see it happening.

• Options
    i would genuinely be interested to see when the last time we know for sure that a performer was sent down the card because there were bad ratings

• Options
    Maybe the utter confusion regarding the whole Shane thing is wearing on more people than they realize. Which would be a shame since I think they've done a great job on a lot of other parts of the programming as of late.

• Options
    i would genuinely be interested to see when the last time we know for sure that a performer was sent down the card because there were bad ratings

The last time I remember that allegedly happening was Zack Ryder in late 2011.

• Options
    so

literally 5 years ago

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    It'll all work itself out when John Cena comes back

• Options

What program is second to Raw on USA out of curiousity?
    I don't know

Because Raw was the 10th highest rated and 6th most watched Cable show last week, with tons of NBA games

And USA didn't have another show that even cracked the Top 25, which is as far as the list went

Raw is beating out NBA Playoff Games, The O'Reily Factor and CNN Election Coverage

It is doing just fine

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.