As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp][nsfw][MonsterHearts] Paranoia's a Good Sign. It Means Eden Lakes is Accepting You!

1234568»

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    "Crap. Let's go then, I really don't want to get arrested after everything else that's happened tonight."

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    "Let's bounce."

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Luke

"Good call, let's get out of here."

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Friday

The rest of the week when by quietly. Murphy came home that night smelling like smoke. He didn't ask anything from Aurora, but to say that there wasn't a bit of tension at the dinner table would be an understatement. Even H could tell something was up, but she never commented on it. Matthew seemed to be back in his normal mood, but was seen less and less with Makenna. Rumors flew that they were broke up, or about to. Makenna said it was because of Matthew working on getting the party together. But no more bruises appeared on her either, so Aurora figured that was a job well done.

Murphy has stopped by the coffee shop and talked to Miss Rebecca. She wasn't happy about hearing that Ricou was at a drug dealer's burning trailer. She got furious at him and yelled at him when she saw him at home, but she understood that Ricou was naive and told him to not to be around people that would ask him to go around drugs. She even found a Youtube video about the different kinds of drugs and their names and their effects that someone might see at a school assembly. Molly wasn't a girl but instead a club drug, he learned.

Garth when home with Jodie that night, and the two stayed high as kites. The next day, she barely looked at him, not that he cared. He spend the days trying to find out where this party was, getting high, and every now and then (which was more often than he wanted to) looking at the strange coin he had found. The vision of the creature ripping itself from the dealer's chest and the Native America man killing himself to stop it. No way that thing was real, but then again, he should have been dead and Ricou was... whatever the hell he was. Which reminded him, he still had his... outfit. The fuck was up with this town...

Luke had thought about his vision, of Garth and the coin and the fire. He hadn't seen Garth with the coin yet, but the fire had been all over the news. No body had been found but the dealer was missing and wanted for questioning. Luke kept an eye on Garth, anyhow. He hadn't told Lizzie about the coin either but that Friday she called out and a substitute was teaching her class. He barely knew the lesson plan, which was about the president William Howard Taft, so most of the class was people text each other about the party.

As the sub struggles to teach the lesson, Aurora gets a text from Makenna. "Hey Gurl! So U want 2 go to the party w/me?"

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Aurora
    Makenna wrote:
    Hey Gurl! So U want 2 go to the party w/me?
    Me wrote:
    I'm up for anything really.

• Options
    Ricou had caught hell about the whole drug thing. He watched that "Talk to your kids about drugs" video twice, the first time he had zoned out completely on the cute blonde in it. Amazingly when he watched it a second time so many of his past conversations with Garth made sense. He almost felt bad for the sub in front of the class, even to Ricou it was obvious the guy didn't really know what he was doing. He lot out a long sigh and stared up at the ceiling, at least it was Friday.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Did I sleep with Jodie? Because if I did I now add "sleeping with Jodie" to my hungers

I whisper: "Ricou... Ricou! I've got something for you." The skin is in a grey plastic bag in my backpack. Wet and smelly. I'm keen to get it back to Ricou.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    Eyes go wide at the sight of the skin and a grin forces its way to replace the apathy that had been there just moments before. He'd called it an alligator skin the last time someone else had seen it. In truth it looked a lot like an alligator skin, not that most people in Eden Lakes were familiar with them. He clears space in his own backpack and awaits the handoff.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    "Here's your ugh... 'alligator skin' dude." I quickly drop the bag into his open backpack "I keep my promises. So ugh. Do you believe in... Magic?"

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    The grin only goes more wide once the skin is in his backpack. He quickly zips it up and slides it under his desk. Even being this close to the skin made him feel whole again. He almost got caught up in his own excitement and missed that Garth was still talking.

"Magic? I know a little bit about bayou magic. You talkin gris-gris and stuff like that?"

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    "Gris-gris?" I get out my phone and google the term.

"Yeah stuff like that. Things that protect you. Amulets... pendants. Coins? Remember that fucked up corpse we saw? Before you ran for it and that whole place went up in flames I found this." I pull out the wooden coin. "This is going to sound really weird, but I think the dead body was trying to tell me to hold onto it for protection... Or maybe for ... power"

My eyes go a bit distant at the mention of power. Perhaps this coin is my chance to get some power...

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    His eyes study the coin for a moment. Miss Ella had told him some objects did contain power of different sorts, but he had never seen a coin.

"That coin didn't protect who ever was holding it before you. I'm not sure it's such a good thing."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Luke

For most of the class, Luke just let his mind wander. Doing the whole teachers aid thing for Lizzie meant he was always reading ahead for this class. Others he could let slide, but for this one he had to do real work. That being said, he let his eye drift around the room, he saw Garth playing with the wooden coin he had seen in his vision. He hadn't actually seen Garth pull it out before, so he hadn't been 100% sure, but he was now. If Lizzie was here he'd just tell her after class, but given she was missing, he'd make sure to text her and let her know between classes.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah, Garth can have "Sleeping with Jodie" as a Hunger if he wants it. If not, we can say that they got high and passed out together.
    Makenna wrote:
    Me wrote:
    Makenna wrote:
    So the party is @ The Mines. Pick U up @ 8?

• Options
    *Dun dun dun* The Mines!! I feel like Jodie wasn't really developed enough to make an interesting story. Let's just say they passed out.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Aurora
    Makenna wrote:
    Me wrote:
    Makenna wrote:
    So the party is @ The Mines. Pick U up @ 8?
    Me wrote:
    Then I'm guessing you won't be wearing that red dress everyone loves. Was looking forward to it. See you at 8.

• Options
    Ricou stretched and then struggled to find a comfortable position in his plastic chair. Even with ignoring the teacher the class felt like it would drive him insane with boredom if it wasn't over soon. He looked back to Garth.

"I'm serious about that thing. Be careful or you'll end up like the other guy we saw."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hey! I'm just going to leave this move here for when you're ready GG ;)

"Riccou don't be a pussy. Live a little!" I casually stretch my leg out to trip the sub as he walks past us.

Geth roll 2d6+1 to trip the sub

If it's cool, I'm going to say I trip the sub but they say something that really gets under my skin and I become my darkest self

to trip the sub:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=1, 5]

Amigu on
    QEz1Jw1.png