As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    UV isn't snobbish. UV just has UVpinions.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Can we at least agree that Milky Ways are the best candy bars

Or have we fallen that far as a society

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »

Milky Way Dark are the best non-crunchy candy bars. That's all I can give you.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

Milky Way Dark are the best non-crunchy candy bars. That's all I can give you.

Hm

Acceptable

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I didn't think candy bars would have their own snobs but

Here we are

You were being snobbish about candy bars earlier so

My favorite candy bar is Snickers, that's the opposite of snobbish

It's like the equivalent of saying Burger King has the best burgers or something

I don't go in for the fancy chocolates because mostly the only difference I can really taste is the drain on my wallet

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Wha. A snickers bar has crunch! It has nuts in it! Which are crunchy!

Up to Shenmue ep 7. I can hear their fatigue setting in. And Dan apparently has no idea how the Mafia works.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Not at all! Chewy, definitely. Chunky. There's no brittle crunch to it though. I've never once heard that awful crispy "crunch" sound when biting into one

Man

I'm gonna go buy a bag of fun size Snickers like right now, 2 AM be damned

EDIT: Shit, just realized this is totally the GB thread and we are waaaay off topic. Final word on the subject: Snickers is best candy bar for me, followed closely by Cadbury bars. Milk chocolate for life. Fuck dark chocolate, fuck a cookie crunch. Mint things are nice (love York and Junior Mints) so really gonna hope that the store has that Aero Mint tomorrow when I go to pick one up

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    I agree with UV that Snickers does not count as a crunchy candy bar.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Coffee Crisp is the best chocolate bar deal with it

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I just watched episode 16 of Shenmu. The watch episode. Goddamn that was glorious insanity. Vinny's reaction was one of the best I've ever heard.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Fuck the hershey's haters, I'll have a Cookies & Cream bar anytime anywhere.

Also, just watched the Box Maker stream last night and holy crap, it even has the Mario theme song. How can you give that few fucks?

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    Coffee Crisp is the best chocolate bar deal with it

Coffee Crisp is actually amazing it is true.

I only know this because a friend of mine has a Canadian girlfriend whom he visits weekly.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I just watched episode 16 of Shenmu. The watch episode. Goddamn that was glorious insanity. Vinny's reaction was one of the best I've ever heard.

Vinny is such a dad. Like when he had to think up random songs he sang all kid songs. There's so many times where he sounds like a dad explaining things/lying to his kid when talking to Dan.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    they used to have peanutbutter whoppers but they stopped carrying them and I was sad

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    they used to have peanutbutter whoppers but they stopped carrying them and I was sad

If you go to a store with a bulk section, with like grains and candies, you'll often find peanut butter malted milk balls. Several of our nicer markets have them. And mint ones, too!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    It's always hilarious listening to Americans discuss candy/chocolate bars

like you know chocolate bars are shit in the USA right? Hershey's fucked over your entire country with bad chocolate.

also Mint Aero's are the best chocolate bar, this isn't even a debate.
    mint-aero-food-4178725-500-300.jpg
    fuck yeah

I'm always a little jealous when my sister-in-law comes back from England with a bag of imported chocolate. I mean, I don't need chocolate, but they all look so good. Also, I want to try a KitKat that's "better" because US KitKats are pretty great. If the UK has even better ones then I wanna try it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    man what, "fancy gourmet chocolate" lol.

No, my point is the literal shitty chocolate bars you get at the grocery store are a million times better in Canada and the UK than in the USA. nothing fancy about it.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    It's always hilarious listening to Americans discuss candy/chocolate bars

like you know chocolate bars are shit in the USA right? Hershey's fucked over your entire country with bad chocolate.

also Mint Aero's are the best chocolate bar, this isn't even a debate.
    mint-aero-food-4178725-500-300.jpg
    fuck yeah

You realize America has literal piles of luxury chocolate bars with delicious pure chocolate for prices your country probably couldn't even dream of, right?

what the hell lol

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Everyone I know who has visited America from the UK have all said the same thing; US chocolate and sweets are awful but their drinks are great (and so very bad for you!)

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Isn't american beer beer flavored water compared to beer from the UK?

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    Isn't american beer beer flavored water compared to beer from the UK?

No. America makes some of the highest ABV beer available in the world.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hooray, a US vs UK beer discussion

As a real ale snob, some of the best beers I've had have been in America

That doesn't preclude mass-produced US beers being boring, or Blue Moon tasting like somebody poured baked bean juice into a Fanta and left it behind a radiator for a week

We also have crappy beer in the UK

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I can't stand strong beers. Not a fan of beer in general. About the only one I can really tolerate is Alaskan Amber.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go buy a king size Snickers bar right now, and enjoy the hell out of it

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the US has an absolutely mind-boggling variety of beers these days, many of which are super tasty and as strong or light as you could want. It just so happens that the most popular brands are the pisswater you always end up hearing about.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    What is about Blue Moon that is bad? Is it that it's a light beer? Or am I missing out and there are way better light beers out there?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    What is about Blue Moon that is bad? Is it that it's a light beer? Or am I missing out and there are way better light beers out there?

It is the taste

It is a bad-tasting beer

I don't know if it is a light beer or not; all I know is that it has a taste that is highly offensive in a way that very few beers can manage

At least Bud and Coors aren't aggressively bad, just bland

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Blue Moon isn't aggressively bad or anything. It isn't a watered down half-beer like Bud and Coors are. It's a wheat beer thing.

Turns out lots of beer has lots of different tastes and people's tastebuds prefer different stuff.

There's no weird beer thing in the US like how chocolate tastes like vomit.

From the hershey chocolate wiki:
    The process is a trade secret, but experts speculate that the milk is partially lipolyzed, producing butyric acid, which stabilizes the milk from further fermentation. This flavor gives the product a particular sour, "tangy" taste which the US public has come to associate with the taste of chocolate, to the point that other manufacturers often add butyric acid to their milk chocolates.

Also the Shenmue endurance run is amaaaazing.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Man wheat beers are the worst the wooooooorst

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I will fight you wheat beers are the best

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Beer is gross.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    now, cider

cider's so good it's dangerous

blow right through that shit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Liquor is where its at.

Mixed drink in one hand and candy bar in the other.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Oh my god Shenmue Endurance Run 10.
    KID WHY DO YOU KEEP SNEAKING IN HERE, STOP IT.

• Options
    That old homeless guy in that episode was full of shit about the whole
    "well here, I'll give you a detailed map" thing too. He will do that eventually, but he makes it sound like that is what he is going to do for you the first time you see him.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    And you're in for a real wild ride with episode 12 of the Endurance Run SniperGuy.

You're going to have to keep hands and feet inside at all times because Shenmue moves at such neck-break speed you'll wonder where the time went!

Rehab on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I can't seem to subscribe to the premium podvasts on my Xperia phone. This is frustrating.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I use the Pocket Casts app which I think is available on everything? It costs money once, but it syncs your progress too so I really like the ability to listen on my phone, and then when I get to work I use the web browser version to keep listening where I left off.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
This discussion has been closed.