As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dark Souls 3] Second and Final DLC OUT NOW!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I don't know, chaos infusion and dark? Deep? The other one that gets scaling from INT and FAI are good.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I don't know, chaos infusion and dark? Deep? The other one that gets scaling from INT and FAI are good.

the problem is by the time you get those, you're past the parts of the game where they would have compensated issues in the build.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Take the fire gem
    Most of the things are weak to fire

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Most builds rely on fire or raw weapons to get through the first half of the game. It isn't anything unique to pyromancers, and the fact that you're building a spellcaster doesn't mean you should feel free to ignore stats like Vigor. A fire hand axe and a grass crest shield is all you need to get you to Great Chaos Fire Orb and the fast-cast ring.

Second half of the game as pyro is hilariously easy. I demolished the Dancer solo, and Oceiros was a total pushover. The Consumed Garden in general, normally a house of horrors, became a leisurely funhouse that I actually used to grind out the 18 vertebra shackles I needed to finish the mound-makers (invading there was vastly more successful than the post-Pontiff area, probably because the hosts weren't decked out for PvP and general experts at it, but also because the enemies were more effective to utilize).

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    I have way more trouble with my DEX character than my pyro.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    I've recently been taking a pyro through as well, and haven't really had too many issues. Raw Astora Straight Sword is the perfect backup weapon for a large portion of the game.

One interesting thing, though, is that if you get the Dark Hand from Yuria as a Pyromancer, the thing wrecks face due to its massive int/fth scaling. The Lifedrain WA is largely useless, but the normal punch does ludicrous damage. My pyromancer was doing almost 700 damage per riposte to Champion Gundyr with the thing.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Take the fire gem
    Most of the things are weak to fire

Leave the fire gem.

Take the cannoli.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Game updated to 1.6. Looks like just a minor exploit fix with the Tears of Denial spell.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    They're still insisting poise totally does do things aren't they?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Current testing by @Morninglord and others indicates that poise affects how much it takes to get staggered out of attacks with hyper armor. So it does something, but it's a very situational something.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm trying to play through the game using a great sword build since my 1H Sword/Shield combo is not Git gud enough.

How do people do this everything no sells my claymore strikes.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Zunde wrote: »
    I'm trying to play through the game using a great sword build since my 1H Sword/Shield combo is not Git gud enough.

How do people do this everything no sells my claymore strikes.
    Get the first hit in; roll out of attacks rather than trying to attack out of them. I usually use ultras so I have the benefit of bigger hyper armor than the greatswords have, but the principles are the same. A couple enemies are particularly obnoxious (the thrall goobers, rats) but by and large heavy weapons still do fine without Old Poise.

Elendil on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MorningLord that is an amazingly good post on the subreddit, wow.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    First post in this thread for nearly a month, and it's to comment on a post on another website. Truly, this is the saddest Souls game.

At least give a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4vnan9/how_poise_works/

• Options
    That's a ton of research.

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    i legit think Deprived is one of the best starter classes in DS3 because even just the Club is ridiculous

Old post I'm replying to, but my first (and only) playthrough of DS3 was done solely with the starting club levelled to +10.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Houn wrote: »
    First post in this thread for nearly a month, and it's to comment on a post on another website. Truly, this is the saddest Souls game.

At least give a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4vnan9/how_poise_works/

Oh, so that's why he's no longer posting on PA.
    I have things to do in my life and I already quit one forum to focus on them. I simply don't have enough time!

We miss you Morninglord! Maybe one day you'll glance back at us, smile fondly, and post, but until that day, godspeed you glorious bastard. =)

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I just spent 3 hours farming the wrong enemies for proofs. Fuck me.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    If it's any consolation, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So has there been any sort of word on the DLCs yet?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Nothing aside from the vaguest of vague blurbs Miyazaki has said, and it'll be released "Fall". Which could be September, could be November, who knows.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    So I spent an hour farming the correct enemies this time and it was not that bad. I think I got 5 of them and that was with a lot of downtime and figuring out how I want my routine setup.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    If I ever do decide to really buckle down and farm them, I'll probably swap to a pyromancer build that dumps VIT and probably most END to get some high luck. In NG with a +10 flame, you can two-shot silver knights with Black Flame. Roll past the spear knight's opener, boop him twice, turn, and then do the same to the sword guy. Run back, repeat.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    When I was farming, I used the astora greatsword.

Parry the spear dude, OHKO with riposte, fully charge the R2 and knock sword dude on his ass, leap attack/weapon art lunge to close the distance and finish him off as he's standing up.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    That's mostly what I did on my quality build when farming them, except I'm godawful at parrying the spear guy, so I just rolled and backstabbed instead.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    Soul of Cinder is fucking wrecking my shit.

I keep switching between the Irithyll straight sword and the uchigatana and I'm falling at both.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Try not to let him hit you so much
    Try to hit him more

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Also, summon help

• Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I keep switching between the Irithyll straight sword and the uchigatana and I'm falling at both.

Try slapping some Carthus Rouge on the Uchi. He can be bled, but it's a bit tough to do.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

His timing is odd. He has several forms that strike very fast, and some moves that are ultra delayed. It's usually best to go defensive during his scimitar form unless you're comfortable with perfect frame dodging.

• Options

His timing is odd. He has several forms that strike very fast, and some moves that are ultra delayed. It's usually best to go defensive during his scimitar form unless you're comfortable with perfect frame dodging.

I find his first phase the worst, due to the RNG. Getting the pyro form or the lance form is annoying. Second phase, you can win by bating out his leap attack (long cool down after he lands, you can get in a few hits) or grab attack and punish those safely.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

I find his first phase the worst, due to the RNG. Getting the pyro form or the lance form is annoying. Second phase, you can win by bating out his leap attack (long cool down after he lands, you can get in a few hits) or grab attack and punish those safely.

And because it's tradition at this point:

tumblr_o6cw1fSV9Y1s5zjn4o1_500.jpg

• Options
    Also, summon help

My PS4 isn't online, and I botched the quest lines that would have given me NPC summons.

I'm riding this bad boy solo.

• Options
    Soloing the bosses is the best way to fight them.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Why am I already playing Dark Souls 3 again? What happened? I have newer games I haven't even played yet!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Why am I already playing Dark Souls 3 again? What happened? I have newer games I haven't even played yet!

Because there's no escape. You always end up at the bonfire again eventually.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I assumed no one was playing this. Thread went a month without posts, while the Old Souls thread's kept steady. In my head, you all moved back to 1-2 after playing 3.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Also, summon help

My PS4 isn't online, and I botched the quest lines that would have given me NPC summons.

I'm riding this bad boy solo.

Greatshield + Dark Sword.

• Options
    I assumed no one was playing this. Thread went a month without posts, while the Old Souls thread's kept steady. In my head, you all moved back to 1-2 after playing 3.

Well the game would be VASTLY improved if you didn't need a laboratory environment to see the effects of poise...

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

Wtb dlc