As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat].jpg

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    EM that salad post read like a coked out don delillo

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    oh wow i brewed this coffee a little too strong i can see the future

i gotta wear shades

I Brewer some weak ass shit this morning. I gotta get a hang of this new burr grinder.

do you have a kitchen scale? just measure the beans out before you grind

(obviously i didn't do this either but that's the best solution)

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    podly you wanna try a weird time lunch tomorrow? also aren't you coding now? I just started on code academy to study before I apply to boot camps
    @Casual Eddy
    you're doing coding boot camps?

my friend taught at GA for a few years

oh it was my friend whose party you were really drunk at half a decade ago

what are you planning on doing?
    i know a handful of people who went through those

sigh what do i do with my stupid career

sigh why'd i quit my awesome last job

oh god i still have anxiety flashbacks about that night

probably try the flatiron school - one of vanguard's friends went through that school and is now a code man. it's v selective and you have to know your shit before you even apply, so I figured I use my funemployment to study several hours a day

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Most fast food is too expensive.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    3EMUs7H.png

This is y'all right now

oh hating poors is wrong now

but seriously i don't think anyone is hating on fast food?

just mayo and some chumps are hating on chic fil a for some reason

I've been waiting to drop that pic for a month, now was close enough, it had to do

Just replace fast food with mayo. It's the same principle

Man that's even more bullshit. God damn people can not like certain foods because they don't like them.

It's 1 posted as a joke and 2 man you totally "not all men"ing this bro

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    hm summer is going to be weird

Boy and I are gonna go from spending most nights together/seeing each other most days to seeing each other maybe once or twice in a like 6 week span of time to actually living together full time for a month and maybe longer aaaa

I'm going from married to not married.

So, trade ya.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm apparently a supertaster so everything green tastes like grass to me and why would you eat that on purpose eugh

Welcome brother.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    @Casual Eddy any day besides tuesday (unless i don't go golfing in which case any day next week) will probably work for me though!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    EM that salad post read like a coked out don delillo

the dream

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So about a year ago, CVS was having a sale on some brand of smart water. I don't think it was actual smart water, but it was a similar product. 25¢ per bottle. When I saw the price, I laughed. How could it be that bad? I bought a bottle and started drinking. It tasted EXACLY like semen. Diluted semen. I couldn't even finish the bottle. It was uncanny.

This past weekend I was hanging out with rednecks in rural Pennsylvania for a friend's bachelor party. One of them had that exact brand of water and was chugging it. I asked if he liked it and he was just like: "oh yeah this stuff is the best it's like Gatorade without the sugar, I buy cases of it."

I didn't tell him, but I wanted to.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

Boy and I are gonna go from spending most nights together/seeing each other most days to seeing each other maybe once or twice in a like 6 week span of time to actually living together full time for a month and maybe longer aaaa

So, trade ya.

jesus that sucks :/

I meant it'll be weird to transition from "reasonably medium amount of time together" to "NO TIME" to "ALL THE TIME" in that order, for me, as someone who has never had a relationship like this before

sorry you're having to deal with that

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

It is nice! test out what it might be like to live together. I got to live with husband over interterm (when he had graduated and I hadn't yet) and was very happy to learn that we were compatible to live together well before I graduated and lived with him.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I need to go to this place for food but what if I get chosen to make the next chat tho

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Also cilantro is disgusting, worst fucking spice out of em all.

Even parsley is better than cilantro.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    mood has settled into depressed/cynical/angry

so... that's cool

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The thing that is killing me with Windows 10 is the details pane in explorer is now on the right side of folder windows instead of on the bottom like in Windows 7. It's madness.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What is this fresh hell

whataburger better than in n out?

Whataburger is a slightly better Hardies or Carl's Jr. Which is to say it is shit.

Is In n Out fast food? I thought you had to go inside every time. No drive thru.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Quarter Pounders should cost a quarter, imo.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    podly you wanna try a weird time lunch tomorrow? also aren't you coding now? I just started on code academy to study before I apply to boot camps
    @Casual Eddy

probably try the flatiron school - one of vanguard's friends went through that school and is now a code man. it's v selective and you have to know your shit before you even apply, so I figured I use my funemployment to study several hours a day

i didn't know you were funemployed even, shit

one of my coworkers who was in my role at last job and got laid off went to flatiron school

i know a lot of people who got jobs post these boot camps

my friend i referred to worked at nyc health department as a health inspector and then did the class, and then was a TA, and then taught the class, and now works at a dev consulting company and is currently at the daily beast

i always thought about doing something like that or trying to teach myself things but i am full of anxiety and indecision about my life and career which is why it is 2016 and i don't know what the fuck i am doing w.r.t. jobs

poo
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I would be more sympathetic to the "some people just don't like certain foods" argument if the last couple pages hadn't been stuffed with posts shitting on the people who like mayo in addition to mayo itself.

I understand that it is ostensibly meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it's actually pretty tiring!

look we were about to get dragged into a nasty political argument i did what must be done

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Also cilantro is disgusting, worst fucking spice out of em all.

Even parsley is better than cilantro.
    306c47b69e7f228af62d56f9b68f9e1cc5b3948a16b776d82fae24655e274120.jpg

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    What is this fresh hell

whataburger better than in n out?

Whataburger is a slightly better Hardies or Carl's Jr. Which is to say it is shit.

Is In n Out fast food? I thought you had to go inside every time. No drive thru.

They need extra time to properly coat everything in Thousand Island dressing.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    The thing that is killing me with Windows 10 is the details pane in explorer is now on the right side of folder windows instead of on the bottom like in Windows 7. It's madness.

cats and dogs living together

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I would be more sympathetic to the "some people just don't like certain foods" argument if the last couple pages hadn't been stuffed with posts shitting on the people who like mayo in addition to mayo itself.

I understand that it is ostensibly meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it's actually pretty tiring!

look we were about to get dragged into a nasty political argument i did what must be done

the hero [chat] deserves

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Doing god's work.

Turkish oil wrestlers are saluting you from Turkey.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Quarter Pounders should cost a quarter, imo.

and give you a pound of burg

this is blatantly false advertising

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Windows 10 is best. If you don't like it then the disease is inside YOU

• Options
    @Casual Eddy

i didn't know you were funemployed even, shit

one of my coworkers who was in my role at last job and got laid off went to flatiron school

i know a lot of people who got jobs post these boot camps

my friend i referred to worked at nyc health department as a health inspector and then did the class, and then was a TA, and then taught the class, and now works at a dev consulting company and is currently at the daily beast

i always thought about doing something like that or trying to teach myself things but i am full of anxiety and indecision about my life and career which is why it is 2016 and i don't know what the fuck i am doing w.r.t. jobs

yeah I got 6 weeks severance and I hated the job, so I figured it was a push I needed to do something else

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Landshark is probably very good at distracting his kids/keeping them from fighting.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    oh wow i brewed this coffee a little too strong i can see the future

i gotta wear shades

I Brewer some weak ass shit this morning. I gotta get a hang of this new burr grinder.

do you have a kitchen scale? just measure the beans out before you grind

(obviously i didn't do this either but that's the best solution)

i do not and i cant buy more stuff now as our apartment is teeming with stuff on account of our freeloading roommate.

I think I ground too large and let sit for too short. I'll try again tomorrow. Anything to not have to use a goddamn poopsock strainer anymore

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm playing ARK again... this is probably a mistake.

I'm playing on a (somewhat) public server this time though. Passworded but the password is public knowledge if people wanted to go looking for it.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Doing god's work.

Turkish oil wrestlers are saluting you from Turkey.

*raises arm in salute*

*single tear rolls down cheek*

• Options
    I usually hate cilantro but then I realized I just hate large amounts of it. now I sprinkle a little bit on my shakshuka. still hate large lumps of it tho!!

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Fast food exploits and kills poor people. I've always found the argument hatred of fast food as classism v unconvincing.

It can be both!

NASCAR, for instance, is both a dangerous sport that periodically sets it's drivers on fire and a nexus for class-based disdain for the plebs.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    credeiki wrote: »
    Landshark is probably very good at distracting his kids/keeping them from fighting.

it's a valuable skill! also one I've had to practice many times lol

Sir Landshark on
  • Options

So, trade ya.

jesus that sucks :/

I meant it'll be weird to transition from "reasonably medium amount of time together" to "NO TIME" to "ALL THE TIME" in that order, for me, as someone who has never had a relationship like this before

sorry you're having to deal with that

It's fine. I mean, it's not aggressive or hateful.

I have a feeling we may communicate or be friends after it's final. It's... just not healthy as a marriage.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    You know I feel like my work potluck dig was unfair

My buddy's job at Statistics Canada is full of quiet nerds amazed at his cooking abilities, sure, but this office is 90% women and 80% of those are also raising kids and they bring in, like, venison or impeccably decorated cakes from their side businesses as bakers

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

It is nice! test out what it might be like to live together. I got to live with husband over interterm (when he had graduated and I hadn't yet) and was very happy to learn that we were compatible to live together well before I graduated and lived with him.

yeah I need to rent a place from Aug - April and I've said if July goes well then he is welcome to move in with me since he has no idea what he's doing August - January

we'll seeeeee

so far the times we've spent several days together have gone well

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    He just gives them all benadryl and waits for them to pass out.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    [Most Hated VP] pings me on Lync, says 'can you come down to talk to me and [CEO] for a minute?'

I think 'oh shit, I'm getting fired'

turns out, it's to tell me that [Most Hated VP] is resigning!

we poppin' bottles, etc etc

This discussion has been closed.