As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

General life advice

advice86adviceadvice86advice Registered User new member
The following is what I consider worthy information. I started taking notes a while ago of good advice to tell my kids someday. I ditched that idea and decided to tell everyone and not to keep it to myself. It is general advice, which I would love to know as early in life as possible. They're my personal opinion and I expect many people to not agree with me on various topics. I don't state that it's all true and valid for everyone. For example, I may be wrong about reps and multivitamins.
They are not sorted.

- Sleep at least seven and a half hours.

- Create a pre-sleep routine, including wearing glasses that block blue light and meditation.

- Restrict eating any sugars, grains and seed oils i.e. the primal diet. There's plenty of delicious food that fits that criteria. Just google "primal recipes".

- Don't do chronic cardio.

- While weight lifting, perform the exercises in a single set and until you can't do a single one with a good form. Choose the weight so you can do between 4 and 20 repetitions.

- Sprint at least a couple of times weekly for 10~30 seconds.

- Walk few kilometers every day.

- Read and understand the labels of every cosmetic product that you plan on using. Dismiss if possible any fragrance. For reference use a cosmetic ingredients database.

- Don't eat great looking fruits and vegetables because it's likely that they're GMO. Pick from the farmer's market the ugliest looking produce which is fresh.

- Eat everything home-made if possible.

- Supplement with fish oil, vitamin D and multivitamins.

- Instead of reading books, listen to the audio version while driving or working.

- Read/listen to "The four agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz.

- Read/listen to "The power of now" by Eckhart Tolle.

- Read/listen to "The seven habits of highly efficient people" by Stephen R. Covey.

- Read/listen to "Getting things done" by David Allen.

- Read/listen to "Things I wish I'd known before we got married" by Gary D. Chapman.

- Read/listen to "Good calories bad calories" by Gary Taubes and "Grain brain" by Kristin Loberg and David Perlmutter also "The vegetarian myth" by Lierre Keith

- Read/listen to "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill.

- Be confident.

- Demolish your ego.

- Know the flaws of your character and your personal problems. Learn more of those from the people around you. Analyze those flaws, explain the reasons behind them and define each solution and the relations between them. Try to fix as many as you can and find a way to work towards solving the rest.

- Don't fall in love with a partner, with which you didn't have sex with.

- If you're sure you've found your life-mate, do everything in your abilities to make it work.

- Learn how to learn.

- Train your reading speed. It's not only useful for books. Articles, forums and almost anything on the web is written.

- Improve yourself in any way you can think of.

- Make few good friends from the same gender as you.

- Avoid aggression when possible but be ready to go to extremes for the right reasons.

- Don't share your time with people that you don't deem deserve it.

- Civilization is an advantage. Use all technologies available to you while having in mind their impact on your health.

- Don't always make no-risk choices and don't try to live a perfect life, because that way you miss on all the good imperfect bits (which are almost all of it).

- Make yourself a vision board. It'll come true only because when you're faced with a life changing choice you'll know what to do.

- Pick a mentor for each stage of your life: primary school, gymnasium, university, work, family.

- Find out the essence of your life and leave all unnecessary things out of it to avoid clutter in any aspect. I learned that from Leo Babauta.

- Prepare to die. Be ready for it so it could be any moment now and you can feel fulfilled within.

I made a site with those advice without ads or anything I want in return. In the site I share some more advice and there are added links to sources. There is also my story of how hard it is to share your thoughts with many people. To know the site, you have to either ask me in a PM here or somewhere else on the internet. I'll post this in few places in which I think it might be welcomed. To find them, just paste in google a part of the text, surrounded with quotes.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Not our remit

This discussion has been closed.