As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Coming September 20, 2016!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I get messages (1 a minute ago) from Xbox Live thanking me for complaints put on other (cheating or just general douchebag) players and reporting that they took action against them.

Bungie should implement something like this, I cant in good faith argue that using Bungies report buttons in Destiny have made any difference at all.

Dealing with cheaters and general assholes is something Destiny still seems fairly inept at.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I get messages (1 a minute ago) from Xbox Live thanking me for complaints put on other (cheating or just general douchebag) players and reporting that they took action against them.

Bungie should implement something like this, I cant in good faith argue that using Bungies report buttons in Destiny have made any difference at all.

Dealing with cheaters and general assholes is something Destiny still seems fairly inept at.

"Dear Sirialis,
    Thanks to your in-game reporting, we have taken appropriate action against a confirmed cheater in the Trials of Osiris activity. This player has now received a four-day ban, effective Monday, from this activity.

Thank you for making Destiny a better experience for everyone!

-Bungie"

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    @Kraul — I definitely recommend going on patrol and practicing your grenade throws, as Suppression (and Incendiary) have some funky properties to them that can result in the aforementioned self-suppression. Get a hang of both the physical and temporal placement of Suppression Grenades is tricky as hell, and probably why I've never managed to suppress an active Bladedancer.

Gilbert0 — The raid is the direct route to acquire antiquated runes (from the first two pre-boss chests), but that may not be useful knowledge for you.

I jumped in for a quick control match after work last night and (not really understanding their effect) landed a few suppression hits... the result was pretty cool. My victims just kind of went panicky and were easy to mop up. Little did I know their jumps/etc were locked down. I'd thought it just affected supers.

Practice is definitely in order.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Supression is especially fun to drop on someone who just fired their super up. "HAMMER TI- aw, why did you do that?"

I wonder if CoE would work best if you went in with two orb generators and one user like a Stormcaller or Sunbreaker and just let the enemies come to you and burn them all down at once.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Was poking through some recordings of Iron Banner and came across a match in which we had apparently been paired against players from the clan "Whites Reign Supreme". Needless to say, I'm glad we took a giant shit on them and here's a special little clip in dedication:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0nY3Unbv7Y

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Wel, they seem like a bunch of shitters. I reported their clan name on bungo.net.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Wel, they seem like a bunch of shitters. I reported their clan name on bungo.net.

Thanks! I couldn't actually find such a function on the Bungo site, but I guess I could've just sent an e-mail or something.

metaghost on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I rarely (or never) play bladedancer in PvE. Do you think mask of the third man or tarantella brings more utility for this week's CoE?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I rarely (or never) play bladedancer in PvE. Do you think mask of the third man or tarantella brings more utility for this week's CoE?
    Khepri's Sting

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »

Tarantella until super is charged, then Mask of the Third Man when you're charged?

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    I ran Max INT, Bad Juju, Mask of the Third Man, Encore. I don't much like switching gear once I'm doing a thing.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So wait, do Nighstalkers get bonus points for killing tethered enemies? Or are people running it purely for orbs/assists?

Just curious, either way I think I'm going to at least give Bladedancer a try, purely because I haven't used it in forever.

awsimo on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Nightstalkers only get credit for the thing that the initial hit kills, not for all tethered enemies. Tether is just to build orbs to feed other classes. Blade dancer orb generation seems pretty feeble from what I saw the other night.

Nosf on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    But with Bladedancer I can shout BERSERKER RAAAAAAAAAGE and pretend I'm Wolverine...

• Options
    I feel like folks are putting too much emphasis on the importance of Orb Generation during this CoE — there are plenty of ways to encourage super-generation, and you don't need to kill absolutely everything with a super, unless of course you're determined to make your way onto "This Week At Bungie".

• Options
    edited May 2016
    If I wanted to get something on "This Week At Bungie" I'd just post something on Reddit last week or the week before that.

:smile:

I'm just aiming for 2 CoE's to max out, instead of 3.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I'm less interested in a high score and more interested in doing 90 in two runs.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Anyone up to help me with normal mode Kings Fall this weekend?

I want to finally get Touch of Malice finished.

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

ps4? i'm keen on giving my defender a first run through KF so a normal mode run would work well for that. i'm in

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    moleface wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

ps4? i'm keen on giving my defender a first run through KF so a normal mode run would work well for that. i'm in

Yeah PS4. I'm a defender titan too. 304-305 light with my best gear on.

My PSN is Jarofmoldymayo, send me a friend request when you can.

Hopefully we can get something together this Friday evening late or Saturday a little earlier.

• Options
    AtavisticAtavistic Registered User regular
    I'd be down for a normal mode raid this weekend. I've never done the raid (light level is pretty high due to IB, though). PSN is Atavistik.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    So a new Contender for best PVE Defender exotic... Ruin wings, Saint 14....... or glasshouse?

Just snagged a 325 from my weekly PvP bounty.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    @rndmhero and @Gonmun - If you are on PS4, I too need to slay the Darkblade for my solar exotic sword quest. I've done it once, but didn't get kill credit for Alak'Hul, just the warden, so I probably need to start over from scratch? Anyhow, anytime I'm on hit me up, PSN is hlprmnky_2.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Khraul wrote: »
    So a new Contender for best PVE Defender exotic... Ruin wings, Saint 14....... or glasshouse?

Armamentarium is good too.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

Armamentarium is good too.

I still don't have one :bigfrown:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    I'm less interested in a high score and more interested in doing 90 in two runs.

Well, cool. My words still stand, as this is definitely the easiest week to do just that. Just ask @Redcoat-13 , whom we helped knock it out in less than 40 minutes such that he could get a reasonable night's sleep.

• Options
    And I'll be on and off a little bit this afternoon... So if any of you guys want help with that the sunless cell just fire me an invite

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

Glasshouse is very useful in King's Fall (Warpriest and Golgy in particular).

Saint-14, while excellent as an all-purpose PvE Defender exotic, doesn't have much use in King's Fall.

Ruin Wings are just fun (when they work), but not of any particular use in KF, specifically.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »

Glasshouse is very useful in King's Fall (Warpriest and Golgy in particular).

Saint-14, while excellent as an all-purpose PvE Defender exotic, doesn't have much use in King's Fall.

Ruin Wings are just fun (when they work), but not of any particular use in KF, specifically.

I might have to keep the Glasshouse then...

I'm at a spot where I can dump a 325 exotic into a legendary gauntlet to raise my light or one of my 320+ helms into a legendary to raise my light... I'm just having trouble picking which way to go.

I think I'll keep the Glasshouse

If only I could wear the wing and glasshouse at the same time!

Also, I'll be on for a bit shortly if anyone PSN side wants to knock out 90k CoE or if you guys need another for Sunless Cell.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I've been so focused on looking pretty, I actually keep forgetting to use any exotic armor at all. :rotate:

Except Bones of Eao because god they make Hunter so much more fun to play.

My biggest gripe about exotics is the cliche bit about how few of them actually match any other damn armor/shaders in the game.

Do I want the air dodge from twilight garrison? Yes. Do I want to break up my Spectar set for it?

Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh....?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Got a Her Fury from Variks yesterday and I'm curious if its rolled as well as I think it is.

-Hawkeye SLR15/Ambush SLH25
    -Army of One
    -Explosive Rounds/Injection Mold/Smallbore
    -Hidden Hand

Thoughts?

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

It is pretty easy to hit 45k, even with two people where one of them is a Bladedancer and can only generate a max of 4 orbs per super (sans CoAL)

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Need one more for CoE on PS4.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    I finally got a saint-14 recently! Oh also a glasshouse.

I chose to dismantle my emperyan bellicose for a shard to infuse my saint 14.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I got the full desolate set for my warlock completed last night and now I don't want to wear any exotics because I want to look taken all the time.... Also, I totally forgot to save the vid last night of my void warlock and red death racking up 23 kills and carrying my team to victory. Granted I am matched in the lower brackets, but still, felt good.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    All my Spektar and Desolate pieces have less than stellar rolls and perks unfortunately.

I still want a full Desolate set just for the emote alone though.
    soylenth wrote: »
    I got the full desolate set for my warlock completed last night and now I don't want to wear any exotics because I want to look taken all the time.... Also, I totally forgot to save the vid last night of my void warlock and red death racking up 23 kills and carrying my team to victory. Granted I am matched in the lower brackets, but still, felt good.

Dont sell yourself short.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I have a battlecage of Kabr in my vault in case they ever put in something like WoW Transmogs.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I understand no transmogs for pvp, so you can tell what exotic perks someone is rocking by looking at them, (Like, if they are rocking a broom head, don't go rushing into their bubble), but it would be nice for PVE.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Looks like I missed the earlier group. Anyone on PS4 up for nightfall or CoE?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Glasshouse is basically made for the raid.