As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick Networking Question (Comcast)

Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
Hi All -

Recently switched my Xfinity Router to "Bridge Mode" since I was having problems with the DHCP service on their hardware. Running everything through an ASUS router which seems to be working fine with one exception. I am trying to access the Comcast router via 10.0.0.1 to check a setting but not having any luck accessing it. The Comcast "help" guide seems to suggest that even in Bridge mode I should be able to access the Xfinity router GUI using that address.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong, or what the issue may be?

The original issue I am having stems from a wireless printer that seems to join the network, but is not visible to other devices and thus I can't print. Before everything was flowing through the Xfinity router I had to set static IPs. Even though I set the printer back to DHCP mode and seems to receive an IP address from the ASUS router, I want to clear out the static IP from the Comcast router for the printer to eliminate that as a potential issue.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    What's your network mask on the ASUS router?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    At least with the gateway I had from xfinity before getting my own modem, setting it to bridge mode changed the default IP address it used. I think it was 192.168.100.1 after the switch.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    You can figure out what the gateway address by looking at what the gateway address is on your router's WAN port.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Curious: you're paying a monthly fee for the Comcast obelisk. Why not make them replace it?

And while you're at it, if you have the Arris XB2, make them upgrade you to the XB3.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter