As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] New Adventure in Karazahn coming up?

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Neither player was streaming at the time unfortunately. Many of them like to practice experimental lists off stream so their tech doesn't get out before tournaments.

Eloises's C'thun druid list had an Aviana in it for example, and Firebat's Freeze Mage list had double Mirror Image.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Secrets Paladin is back and yikes. Maybe it never left.

what the hell am I supposed to do once they drop mysterious challenger? I get turn 7 to reconsider my life before Tirion Fordring drops.

Mysterious Challenger on turn 6 with a deck full of secrets just feels like an auto concede.

i guess aggro shaman can beat it. :rotate:

I am fine with aggro shaman having a hard counter, considering how bullshit it is against most other match ups

i am not as I do not have the cards to complete either of those decks and flipping a coin to see if i'm going to be murdered by one of the two is a little depressing. I thought i'd be able to get beyond rank 14 but the consistent quality of the decks at this point is making life hard.

also i'm bad at this game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    This Brawl trolled me.

Illidan when I had 5 mana. Dr Boom when I had 6.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    sigh just got crushed by dog. My deck is usually good against miracle rogue, but sometimes you just get garbage hands and they have the nuts.

Made up for it with an awesome win against Vyy.

Roz on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    The game is at 1:32:00

I just had a very satisfying win playing Priest against C'Thun Renolock because he accidentally tapped away Jaraxxus, I could taste his frustration. And this was at rank 4...

Coinage on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    sigh just got crushed by dog. My deck is usually good against miracle rogue, but sometimes you just get garbage hands and they have the nuts.

fuuuuuck I had the stream on but wasn't paying attention :c

also, anyone here still interesting in duelyst? I've started messing about in it again (as well as @GoodKingJayIII , and of course Weasel is still championing it) and it's still pretty fun. At least an interesting change of pace when the hearthstone salt gets overbearing.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Fuck, I have several times in my career made it to Rank 9 - 5 Stars and CANNOT break through. Just lost four straight. :(

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Fuck, I have several times in my career made it to Rank 9 - 5 Stars and CANNOT break through. Just lost four straight. :(

What deck(s)? I just passed that yesterday, C'thun Warrior has been doing work

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Well, that was an emotional rollercoaster. Get trounced in the brawl five games in a row before finally winning. Mousing over a legendary in the pack. Seeing the word "Nat". And then hearing the word "golden".

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    idea: the underdiscovered priest strats brode was talking about is that they actually gave us the priest 2 drop we've been asking for

in turn 1 injured kvaldir into resurrect

testing now

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Been playing "Death Droids" - that Mech N'Zoth deck. Ripped up from 13 to 9 then have hit a wall.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Update: C'thun's Chosen is proof that blizzard wants priest to die.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Update: C'thun's Chosen is proof that blizzard wants priest to die.
    Salt is my shield.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    My Brawl pack had King krush and a golden twisting Nether. Also two rares, making it one of the highest value Packs i ever got.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Update 2: I've won two games by EEing for 6 with Velen out.

Edit: Update 3: Went into tavern brawl. Opponent's turn 1 and 2 are Mukla and Flamewreathed.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Been playing "Death Droids" - that Mech N'Zoth deck. Ripped up from 13 to 9 then have hit a wall.

What's killing you?

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    All is right in the world. Arena rogue plays Beneath the Grounds on turn 3 because I missed a three drop; I play Water Ele. Hey plays Silent Knight, I slam Fel Reaver.

He panic fans--two of the cards burned are Ambush.

He saps my water ele (he did have tinker's in hand but I think the 8/8 is the bigger deal), burns the last ambush.

Then dies to 2 Fel Reaver swings and the Boulderfist I played on 6.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    playing midrange hunter and a dragon warrior killed me by turn 5.

i'm like in shock by the amount of damage I just witnessed. I don't even remember what he played. I think Sir Finley for the druid hero power, Alexstrasza's, Fiery Axe hero power, and the rest was just a blur.

and in the game before that a deathrattle rogue picked up lock n' load from me and I got to see what it looks like when it's combined with an auctioneer.

think 14 might be my limit. that's where I topped out last season too.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    playing midrange hunter and a dragon warrior killed me by turn 5.

i'm like in shock by the amount of damage I just witnessed. I don't even remember what he played. I think Sir Finley for the druid hero power, Alexstrasza's, Fiery Axe hero power, and the rest was just a blur.

and in the game before that a deathrattle rogue picked up lock n' load from me and I got to see what it looks like when it's combined with an auctioneer.

think 14 might be my limit. that's where I topped out last season too.

I don't think that is necessarily due to skill though. Ranking up takes alot of games played, the number of games you can squeeze into a month greatly affects your rank.

• Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    This deck.... Have you guys tried Anyfin can happen pala in this meta? If I had 3 more days to grind I'm quite confident I'd hit legend with it, gone straight from rank 6 to 4. Forbidden healing and ragnaros lightlord makes up for old murkeye being out of standard. I imagine freeze mage would kill it, but they are nowhere to be found. Even controll warrs usually die to double anyfin.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

also, anyone here still interesting in duelyst? I've started messing about in it again (as well as GoodKingJayIII , and of course Weasel is still championing it) and it's still pretty fun. At least an interesting change of pace when the hearthstone salt gets overbearing.

I'm not gonna come in here and talk about Duelyst a whole bunch, but it is a real sweet game.

Hearthstone and Final Fantasy Tactics had a baby, it's Duelyst. If that sounds sweet to you, give it a try. And let me know if you do, I have referral codes that will give you some extra goodies to get started.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Duelyst looks sweet and if they ever get an android version out I'll try it. Honestly, if HS wasn't on mobile I'd never play it.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Nothing like netdecking and then losing even more.
    Neither player was streaming at the time unfortunately. Many of them like to practice experimental lists off stream so their tech doesn't get out before tournaments.

Eloises's C'thun druid list had an Aviana in it for example, and Firebat's Freeze Mage list had double Mirror Image.
    I spectated the back half of the Eloise game. Good stuff from both sides.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    3 Shamans in a row

all have trogg on turn 1

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    3 Shamans in a row

all have trogg on turn 1
    That's incredible!

Currently Playing:
  • Options

also, anyone here still interesting in duelyst? I've started messing about in it again (as well as GoodKingJayIII , and of course Weasel is still championing it) and it's still pretty fun. At least an interesting change of pace when the hearthstone salt gets overbearing.

I'm not gonna come in here and talk about Duelyst a whole bunch, but it is a real sweet game.

Hearthstone and Final Fantasy Tactics had a baby, it's Duelyst. If that sounds sweet to you, give it a try. And let me know if you do, I have referral codes that will give you some extra goodies to get started.

I.. .ummm...

I want the baby of Hearthstone and FF Tactics. Referral code pls?

Steam profile
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    3 Shamans in a row

all have trogg on turn 1

I had the best feeling when I beat up a standard Aggro Shaman with my odd C'Thun build Warrior deck. He was all commenting early in the game on how he was going to beat me. Then silence as he watched his minions die off and suddenly he was left sucking on his Doomhammer while I hit him with four minions on the board. Guess he didn't like my taunts in my deck.

I get it now Hearthstone. You don't want me playing almost completely defensive decks... Took apart my klepto Priest deck and reformed my N'Zoth and Dragons deck and beating up all those C'Thun Druids, Zoolocks and C'Thun Warriors to climb out of my Rank 20 hole I dug myself into. Even beat a C'Thun Warrior who was BMing the entire time till he saw my Deathwing drop. From his BMing I'm guessing there is a N'Zoth and Dragon netdeck out there?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I thought I knew pain but then a Warlock plopped out a Bronzebeard (which triggers battlecries twice) and a C'thun two turns later. 28 damage.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I thought I knew pain but then a Warlock plopped out a Bronzebeard (which triggers battlecries twice) and a C'thun two turns later. 28 damage.
    Brann is one of those minions you have to dispatch right goddam now or he will punish you severely (see also: Emperor T, Fangorn, etc...).

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Brann is one of those minions you have to dispatch right goddam now or he will punish you severely (see also: Emperor T, Fangorn, etc...).

Which is why I love to toss him out as a stall sometimes. If he lives awesome, but he was just a meat shield for one round.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ah dammit, I'm gonna start playing this game again, I can feel it.

Apparently I just needed to take 6 weeks off.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Nothing wrong with taking a little time. The game is still fun!

I had a rough couple of losing streaks at the end of the season so I haven't really played in several days. I'll be back next season though. Gotta get my golden druid.

Speaking of, I'm thinking about breaking away from Yogg a little bit. I might go back to some kind of C'Thun druid.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

3clipse, just hear me out on this one, Yogg wrecking you sucks. But when you're the one Yogging it's the best. The literal best. I cannot encourage you to try it hard enough.
    idea: the underdiscovered priest strats brode was talking about is that they actually gave us the priest 2 drop we've been asking for

testing now

I think people are taking this a bit too literally. I don't think that Ben or anyone on their team found a secret strategy internally that was exceptionally powerful in priest or something like that. I think their overall philosophy is more Laissez-faire than anything else. Their hope is that the market will find the solution. I have some serious misgivings about that (some classes may simply lack the tools to compete in the current market), but they are weighing the negatives of interfering in the market against the ingenuity of people finding inventive solutions to the problems the market presents.

Once they see that a class is struggling, they look for it's weak points and then try to plug the holes with new printings, or with powerful proactive cards.

I could probably write an essay on the trade-offs of that philosophy and why I think gaming as a whole is moving away from that implementation, but I don't think anyone wants to read that so I'll end here.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It is a really good feeling the 1 game in 20 where a Frenzied Berserker actually gets to do his dang job.

It's a little less good when it's because you erode your way through an Azure Drake and two Dark Arakkoa with Slams and such while your opponent can't find removal because he saw a Fierce Monkey and got scared, but them's the breaks. Nice to draw well for once, too.

• Options
    I was just making a joke about my dumb new priest deck, roz :p

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I will say I felt a lot of vindication when the most recent Meta Snapshot popped up and C'Thun Warrior was in Tier 2, with commentary saying that it wasn't even fully refined and probably still had untapped potential.

I TOLD YOU. I TOLD ALL OF YOU. FROM DAY ONE. I'M A PROPHEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

3clipse, just hear me out on this one, Yogg wrecking you sucks. But when you're the one Yogging it's the best. The literal best. I cannot encourage you to try it hard enough.

testing now

I think people are taking this a bit too literally. I don't think that Ben or anyone on their team found a secret strategy internally that was exceptionally powerful in priest or something like that. I think their overall philosophy is more Laissez-faire than anything else. Their hope is that the market will find the solution. I have some serious misgivings about that (some classes may simply lack the tools to compete in the current market), but they are weighing the negatives of interfering in the market against the ingenuity of people finding inventive solutions to the problems the market presents.

Once they see that a class is struggling, they look for it's weak points and then try to plug the holes with new printings, or with powerful proactive cards.

I could probably write an essay on the trade-offs of that philosophy and why I think gaming as a whole is moving away from that implementation, but I don't think anyone wants to read that so I'll end here.

Kibler talked about the inherent issues with Priest during one of his streams. It was interesting as he talked about the perception of "annoying" cards from players and the actually reality of their usefulness in the meta.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »

testing now

Kibler talked about the inherent issues with Priest during one of his streams. It was interesting as he talked about the perception of "annoying" cards from players and the actually reality of their usefulness in the meta.

Yeah, that's always been an issue with Priest. It's gotten loads and loads of hate and the best it's ever been was just a very strong deck, it's never been truly dominant for any length of time.

• Options
    also, opened deathwing: dragonlord

time to try that awful dragon n'zoth priest deck

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    also, opened deathwing: dragonlord

time to try that awful dragon n'zoth priest deck

So there is a N'Zoth's a Dragon Lover deck? Here I thought I was original.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.