As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DOOM

1131415161719»

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This Hell Guard fight is bullshit

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This Hell Guard fight is bullshit

Which part is bothering you

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Never mind! I used my patented method of complaining on the forums, which nearly always guarantees a victory on the next go

• Options
    Now the REAL bullshit is clearing the room when the train comes in to VEGA central processing

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    just fuckin, hit them

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Use the BFG, I think there's extra ammo in two or three places in that room

You can also use the siege mode on the Gauss Cannon to take out the two Barons of Hell before the battle even starts. Like, as soon as the door opens just aim more or less directly between them

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Siege Mode is best mode

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I used the sniper mode more.

Getting headshots on hell knights was fun.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah at least with steam I know what I'm getting into. I need to download a bunch of stuff. That is there written on a non-existent box. At this stage I don't even know what I bought at the store right now.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The only thing I get out of consoles is guaranteed controller support.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Yeah at least with steam I know what I'm getting into. I need to download a bunch of stuff. That is there written on a non-existent box. At this stage I don't even know what I bought at the store right now.

Pretty much just the ability to resell it really

Also yeah the train yard place is the only time in the game I got frustrated

• Options
    beat it!
    boy that final boss took me a few tries, I ain't afraid to admit

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    beat it!
    boy that final boss took me a few tries, I ain't afraid to admit

but how satisfying was that coup de grace

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Yeah ps4 games take longer to set up then pc ones now due to crappy servers and your hard drive can only fit half as many as it should because ps4 games take their install +50% space for patches and stuff

And with how large and frequent patches are for consoles now retail disks Dall behind rapidly quick

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    I couldn't resist and started a new file on Ultra-Violence. I like the differences between difficulties: enemies do more damage, there are more of them (especially of the tougher ones), and I'm pretty sure health and ammo pick ups restore less than normal. Notable is that enemies have the same health across difficulties, so I don't have to relearn how long it's going to take to kill each enemy for the new difficulty. I'm pretty far in the new file but I've missed a few secrets, which gives me a handy excuse to eventually do a Nightmare run as well.

Also, Devastator Rounds are actually really good especially if you can consistently headshot enemies with the scoped in view. It mops up all the small enemies + Revenants quick.