As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE]: Next maintenance: New PVP arena, and Brave Frontier collab 11/11-11/24

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Kain gets a self buff ability for 20% ATK for three turns, but it's kind of useless as you can only land one jump in that time. Unless damage is set when you take off... I'll have to test that.

Kain's self buff is too small, anyway. It'll be immediately overwritten by any unit who has a "Cheer" or better ability, and there are a lot of good units who come packing that skill in the future, including Rain as Talith mentioned above.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Well, previous to having Cheer, it'd be nice to have, but the timing is so dumb. It lasts three turns, including the turn you activate it where you've already used your action, so really it only lasts two turns.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So repeat just doesn't like double cast meteor / meteor. Any combination of double cast <any spell> / meteor or meteor / <any spell> correctly repeats.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    My list of potential 6* characters is thus:

WoL
    Cecil
    CoD
    Garland
    Chizuru
    Kefka
    Terra
    And Rain and Laswell

Technically Agrias, too, but I'm not counting that since it'll be a long ways off.

I'm thinking that, unless I get some other 6* characters, I'll aim for a mostly physical damage party with WoL, Chizuru, CoD and Garland and use Cecil as a healer untill I get a proper 6* healer.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    But Kain's self-ATK buff is 40% for 3 turns, not 20%?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I don't care about
    Zomro wrote: »
    My list of potential 6* characters is thus:

WoL
    Cecil
    CoD
    Garland
    Chizuru
    Kefka
    Terra
    And Rain and Laswell

Technically Agrias, too, but I'm not counting that since it'll be a long ways off.

I'm thinking that, unless I get some other 6* characters, I'll aim for a mostly physical damage party with WoL, Chizuru, CoD and Garland and use Cecil as a healer untill I get a proper 6* healer.

I wouldn't count on the timing in GL being the same as it was in JP

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    But Kain's self-ATK buff is 40% for 3 turns, not 20%?

That's right, it is 40%, dunno why I said 20. Still kinda awkward to use since you only have it for the next two turns. You can't even use those two turns to Jump and LB as that takes three turns.

• Options
    I bought the five cheapest summon tickets and started using them on this banner. Got a Russell, a Fran, and then a Black Cat Lid which is what I wanted to see. Now i can save my Lapis for two weeks =)

• Options
    A self buff really should be better than an AoE group buff considering you're eating up a turn just casting it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    6*'d my Cecil today, got him up to 65 for now.

Now to try to figure out a way to beat Rider ADV without hoping my one 350+ atk Lightning friend comes up in the list.

Edit: pushed my Cecil to 85 to get focus. I can get by now with one flask and a 400 atk friend with barrage and chiriji(sp). Now to try to find more, too bad the buff whales don't like my crappy friend units hah.

Also, can someone tell me how to get to the earth key Vault? I can't remember or find it in searches. I know I did the quest for it, just can't remember where it is.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    6*'d my Cecil today, got him up to 65 for now.

Now to try to figure out a way to beat Rider ADV without hoping my one 350+ atk Lightning friend comes up in the list.

Edit: pushed my Cecil to 85 to get focus. I can get by now with one flask and a 400 atk friend with barrage and chiriji(sp). Now to try to find more, too bad the buff whales don't like my crappy friend units hah.

Also, can someone tell me how to get to the earth key Vault? I can't remember or find it in searches. I know I did the quest for it, just can't remember where it is.

Granshelt Isles, Royal Capital Grandshelt, then just use the quick travel button to go to Vault.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So Nobody is talking about Delita. I've got 3 or 4 friends that have him at 90-100th level and atk of 360-440. Hes how i beat intanger...I just used cheer from fina and barraged. He survives the meteor, and i just barraged one more time to finish him. I have more friends with him then i do lightning and while lightning is cool, her atk seems to be much lower then Delita.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I made my own script to run the BGN Rider overnight. I've picked up the MAG hat and the accessory (finally brought my Exdeath to over 300 MAG). I am tempted to save up and get those Trust Moogles, but it might be worth it to just go for the tickets next.

• Options
    Finally got my TM macro farm party rolling last night; decided to start with Ludmille, Luna, Cecil, DK Cecil and Shantotto.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I grabbed the Treat Basket, Creepy Mask, and Kitchen Knife already, working on tickets and then I'll cash out on awakening materials that I'll need in the future when Kefka/Terra get 6* forms. And then I'll stock up on as many of the Gigantaurs as I can manage to grab to boost my physical party up.

My Kefka is now sitting pretty at 352 Mag (Lilith Rod, Creepy Mask, Black Robe, Earrings, Treat Basket, and three +10% Mag abilities). His Hyper Drives are pretty scary now.

• Options
    It's hard to get excited about the knife and actually want to save up for it when all the real damage is dealt by those rocking Great Swords, Katana, Spears, and maybe certain units rolling with Guns or Throwing Weapons later.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, wasn't really excited about the knife but wanted to make sure I grabbed it for completeness sake I guess. Besides, imagining Leo wield it makes me laugh so it's worth it. I sadly missed out on grabbing the Holy Lance for Leo when it was being handed out as an Earth Key completion reward.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    We can't get the Holy Lance anymore for finishing Earth Keys? I didn't realize there was a limit on that.

Just read up that it was a mistake and now I don't feel quite as bad. I need a Lance/Spear for Kain because of his passive now.

Cirira on
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Yeah, wasn't really excited about the knife but wanted to make sure I grabbed it for completeness sake I guess. Besides, imagining Leo wield it makes me laugh so it's worth it. I sadly missed out on grabbing the Holy Lance for Leo when it was being handed out as an Earth Key completion reward.

Those Lances all got removed from our inventories and replaced properly with Thief Bracers. No one should have a Holy Lance anymore, but it will properly come back later. I don't recall exactly how it's supposed to be distributed, pretty sure it's not a Trial boss fight reward.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Those Lances all got removed from our inventories and replaced properly with Thief Bracers. No one should have a Holy Lance anymore, but it will properly come back later. I don't recall exactly how it's supposed to be distributed, pretty sure it's not a Trial boss fight reward.

Oh, ok, I don't feel so bad anymore. Apparently they will be adding them back in at a future date as something to buy with Star Quartz.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Holy Lance will cost 100 Star Quartz.

Not the next Fat Chocobo shop, the one after that.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Kain is hitting so much harder than the rest of my party it's not even funny. I think Exdeath will catch up a little bit once I can get the Rod from Babel Tower, which I need to look into doing in the next couple of days. I'm pushing ahead in the story to the city where there's a Mythril Spear in the shop, at which point Kain will become even more ridiculous.

• Options
    If you push to the Shrine of Decay exploration you can get a Trident in a regular chest. +48 attack, Water element.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Kain can use katanas. The first trial is probably doable for you Rius and the Katana from it is fairly good.

• Options
    I've got him up to the point where he gains +20% ATK when wielding a Spear, though. I'm not sure if that's from the spear or from all equipment/sources, but I assume it's the latter otherwise it'd be kind of pointless?

• Options
    I've got him up to the point where he gains +20% ATK when wielding a Spear, though. I'm not sure if that's from the spear or from all equipment/sources, but I assume it's the latter otherwise it'd be kind of pointless?

Sadly, it's worse than that. Doublehand is the only passive buff that stacks the boost with equipment.

In cases where a character has +% when equipped with weapontype, the buff is applied to the base stat. Kain's capped attack at 5* is 112, so he would only gain 22 ATK by being equipped with a Spear. With the Trident, that's only 70 effective attack power. It's still strong, but a weapon like the Enhancer that's easy to get would be better for him unless you have a Barrage unit who you could turn into a monster with it.

• Options
    For those sporting some TMs you'll see Kains running around with Dual Wield, Katana Mastery, and running Gungnir + Sakurafubuki. Probably the best loadout he can use until there is an Equip Great Sword materia.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ... Why is everything about this game stupid like that?

I guess it's still worth it to give him a spear because the extra 22 ATK catches that particular spear up to swords/katanas, leaving them free to give to other physical hitters. The upcoming Scythe from PRO Rider (if I can even manage to get it) becomes 92 attack, his TM Gungnir becomes 112 attack, etc.

• Options
    If Kain didn't already have a means of getting a stronger weapon just by simply farming, I'd say it might not be a bad idea to do a Lapis refresh mid-fight to kill Pumpkin Rider PRO. Unlike FFRK, a total party wipe doesn't start you from scratch with a buff. Everyone just gets immediately revived with full LBs and a full Summon bar for you to drop a wrecking ball on the boss.

But that's up to you if 100 lapis is worth a relatively strong weapon or not. The weapon is exclusive, but again, about a month of scripted farming in the background and Kain will have a much better weapon.

• Options
    I reckon the only way I'm doing Babel PRO or Rider PRO is with a carry-me Whale-Lighting, bringing my own Full Break and Imperil. I don't even know if I'll be able to slog through Castle PRO, I still have to do Castle ADV.

• Options
    Castle ADV can be done with a good 375+ MAG Exdeath Firaga'ing all the things. I just outfitted my Exdeath with the accessory and creepy mask pushing him up to 383. The Pumpkin Kid at the end might give you some problems however. Remember to bring some Ethers to keep MP going through the trash.

• Options
    Castle ADV can be done with a good 375+ MAG Exdeath Firaga'ing all the things. I just outfitted my Exdeath with the accessory and creepy mask pushing him up to 383. The Pumpkin Kid at the end might give you some problems however. Remember to bring some Ethers to keep MP going through the trash.

How did you give him the mask? I didn't think he could wear it.

• Options
    Probably the equip hat materia.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Oooo... Man I'm so slow at this game. It looks like it's an easy grab too. I might have to do that... 303MAG just isn't enough.

• Options
    My Exdeath is at like 120 MAG, dunno how I get him to 383 even with the mask and the Babel rod if I go fetch it. And I don't have the "equip hats" ability yet.

• Options
    My Exdeath is at like 120 MAG, dunno how I get him to 383 even with the mask and the Babel rod if I go fetch it. And I don't have the "equip hats" ability yet.

I have +20%MAG, +10%MAG, Lilith Rod, the accessory we get from this event, and an armor that gives some MAG. It's not too hard to get him at least to 200.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    At some point you'll gain the +10% MAG materia recipe, which is what people tend to stick 4 of on him, until they then progress the story and gain Equip Hat.

Equip Hat is much later though and requires you to have progressed decently far in the Earth Keys already to unlock the next set of keys.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

It's a freebie pickup from the second vault. There's about 5-6 quests that you need to churn through to unlock that though, as well as have advanced the story quests basically to completion (at this time).

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    In castle adv you only really need to nuke the skeletons and knights, the other stuff doesn't really do much but weak autos.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Getting an Exdeath that high isn't too difficult. His exact equips that affect MAG are the Lilith Rod, the Stellar Shield (which is no longer available, but that only accounts for 15 MAG), the Creepy Mask (equip Hat TM), Earrings and Treat Basket accessories. His 4 materia slots are Equip Hat and 3x10% MAG. His Esper is a maxed out Ramuh, which adds another 59 MAG.

You want to look at stats as you're about to enter a dungeon, because that's the value that other players see, since it includes equipped Espers. Viewing them from your Units list doesn't take everything into account.

This discussion has been closed.