As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE]: Next maintenance: New PVP arena, and Brave Frontier collab 11/11-11/24

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I got Galuf as my first pull. That's not worth sitting on, though, just go for anyone in the tiers list?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I got Galuf as my first pull. That's not worth sitting on, though, just go for anyone in the tiers list?

Depends on how much you want to future proof yourself. The difference in power levels is huge, especially from 3* and up. Galuf can be promoted (eventually) to 5*, so he's by default better than anybody who's locked to 4* or under, but he also has a pretty crappy set of abilities. There are a ton of available characters though, and only the 4 available that can eventually hit 6* (plus Vaan, who has a brokenly powerful ability), so if you're rerolling for that, it'll take a while. Or you can wait until the official start where they're giving out 12 extra rolls at the start.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    FFIX card game is complete bullshit.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    FFIX card game is complete bullshit.

So close, but just off the mark!

So I'm really liking Rydia now, I managed to get a 2* black mage and I'm pretty devastating to any multi-enemy packs with the element chains.

I also pulled a 3* Fran and I'm kind of excited about that since one of my friends has a 4* Fran and she's pretty powerful with some AoE magic as well.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    So my biggest complaint about this game right now is actually inventory space. I'm fine with there being a ton of different items that are used for crafting and ascensions. I may have no idea what items are important for what, but that's fine as long as I can just generally hoard stuff and then get some focus later once I actually know what I need. But the fact that I already hit the inventory cap and had to go and sell junk is ludicrous. How am I supposed to go and empty 20 items out of my inventory when I have no idea which ones I need? I cleared a bunch of stuff to make space and now suddenly I can't craft anything of worth. It strikes me as horrible design.

I'm enjoying just about everything else about the game right now (some performance issues, but I imagine a large part of that is just emulation), but damn. I'm sitting here wondering if the game will even be playable as a direct result of this problem.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Okay, my first premium pull was Zidane, and my second was Kuja. How could I reroll after that?

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Okay, my first premium pull was Zidane, and my second was Kuja. How could I reroll after that?

Having a thief is great. Steal constantly. Almost everything carries some flavor of awakening material, and you need so much.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I updated the friend code in my sig. Anyone who had November friended should probably drop and replace if they want to keep getting those sweet Gifts

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    FFRK player and former whale here

This game seems even more unfair and gacha oriented and that's truly scary

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    FFRK player and former whale here

This game seems even more unfair and gacha oriented and that's truly scary

Don't forget grindy.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The story in this game is really boring. But once in a while the writing really gets me. Case in point, the magma caves.
    "... I just think the jacket is a bit much."

Which I nominate for the new thread title, by the way.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I've got a Vaan on my friend list with the message "100 roll to get this guy"

I'm actually seeing a lot of Vaans.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I've got a Vaan on my friend list with the message "100 roll to get this guy"

I'm actually seeing a lot of Vaans.

He's the golden goose for quite some time for his Full Break, and I think most (all?) of the ones who get it later like Agrias are default 5*+, so they're ULTRA RARE on the gatcha even during the brief period when they're featured.

You could always grab him off a friend though, and unlike a 6*, there's no great advantage to having two Full Breakers.

But he is really nice with an AoE limit break and Steal.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    *comparing my team on my tablet to my phone tablet*

"I think I prefer Zidane to Kain."

*pulls Zidane on tablet*

"Oh. Dang, maybe I should make this my main account. I really like Maria as a healer."

*pulls Maria on phone*

Delzhand on
  • Options
    I'm about to awaken both Kain and Anzelm, just need one material for the former, and a bit of xp for the late. Maria is real close too.

About summons... Google Opinions has been showering me with rewards over the last 24 hours, and I'm thinking about putting the $6 I've gotten from those surveys onto the esper materials. It's free money, and I do love leveling those espers quite a bit.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Is this live on iOS?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    It is technically not live on iOS or Android, the only way to play it is to download the APK and install it on (I think a rooted) Android. It is very much a beta right now, and there are certainly some bugs that pop up from what I have seen reported.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Android devices don't need to be rooted, you just have to turn on developer mode in the settings.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    my first premiuim pull was penelo and she's only 3 stars but penelowns so w/e

also is there any kind of multipull bonus in this one

• Options
    edited May 2016
    my first premiuim pull was penelo and she's only 3 stars but penelowns so w/e

also is there any kind of multipull bonus in this one

Yeah you can buy 11 tickets with 5000 gems, so basically a free pull for buying 10.

Also I picked up Shantotto today i'm I'm pretty stoked. She's going to kick ass with Rydia. She's only 3* but I've almost maxed her XP so i'm hoping to get her to 4*

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    chrisnl wrote: »
    It is technically not live on iOS or Android, the only way to play it is to download the APK and install it on (I think a rooted) Android. It is very much a beta right now, and there are certainly some bugs that pop up from what I have seen reported.

or just install QooApp on any android phone, which is basically a legal steam-esque client that's a backdoor into the JP region

you can play the global version this way

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I swear, you guys who do Google Rewards, where do you live? I know the application says not everyone gets chosen for surveys, but I've only had one since I started using it, and that was quite a while ago.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I swear, you guys who do Google Rewards, where do you live? I know the application says not everyone gets chosen for surveys, but I've only had one since I started using it, and that was quite a while ago.

I live in the woods of Vermont. But I also do a lot of driving for my job, which I think helps.

• Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I live in the woods of Vermont. But I also do a lot of driving for my job, which I think helps.

I'm in Indiana. I get one almost every other day. It seems really keyed into my Target and Kroger habits.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Portland suburbs here, and it's usually pretty slow (one every 2-3 days), but in the last 48 hours or so, I've been deluged with them for close to $5.00. It's asked me if I've attended some international journalism expo three times. I think it's either broken or they're trying to recalibrate it or something.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Portland suburbs here, and it's usually pretty slow (one every 2-3 days), but in the last 48 hours or so, I've been deluged with them for close to $5.00. It's asked me if I've attended some international journalism expo three times. I think it's either broken or they're trying to recalibrate it or something.

I'm guessing the later, but there are really weird questions I'm getting. I was asked if I was into parasailing, subscribed to a specific news magazine, and foraged for truffles right in a row.

In game news, I got Kain up to 4*, and Maria add as well. Grinding out one more sacred crystal so I can awaken Anslem, then I'll be done awakening for a bit I think. Sabin is only ok, so I'm not sure I want to spend the materials on him. Might throw Galuf in my party for a bit and see how he does.

• Options
    I had an awakening spree over the past couple days. Rain, Welly, Vaan, and Krile all to 4*. Looks like the first three can already be awakened to 5* already too, but l I think I may be about done grinding and it can go onto the backburner until there's more content and/or I reroll, because I really want at least two of the top dudes for futureproofing if I'm going to stick with it, and it'll suck if I end up giving up on this account.

A couple random draws here and there from rank up rewards and arena stuff got me Luna, and Vivi. Meh.
    Vaan, Krile, Galuf, Luna, Vivi

Krile's regen limit is really nice, but not a real gamechanger. Vaan's the only one in there I'm really happy about. He really is fantastic, and I don't even have Full Break yet (requires 5* and I think capping his level).

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Reroll reroll reroll. Galuf once, Kain once, no one in the tier list though.

• Options
    Alright i've been going pretty hard at the upgrade materials and managed to level up my Shantotto to max level and awaken her to 4*. Now to get her up to level 50 to ulock whatever those spells are (I assume there are -aga spells)

With Rydia 4* Shantotto 4* Tronn 2* and my 4* spellblade i've got some massive elemental chains synergy going on with Thunder. I'm going to focus on getting Cecil and Rain up to 4* next I feel, so lots of EXP grinding.

This game is grindy as fuck btw. I burn all my NRG on the exp/awaken grinds and doing Colosseum (up to D-5 there)

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Alright i've been going pretty hard at the upgrade materials and managed to level up my Shantotto to max level and awaken her to 4*. Now to get her up to level 50 to ulock whatever those spells are (I assume there are -aga spells)

With Rydia 4* Shantotto 4* Tronn 2* and my 4* spellblade i've got some massive elemental chains synergy going on with Thunder. I'm going to focus on getting Cecil and Rain up to 4* next I feel, so lots of EXP grinding.

This game is grindy as fuck btw. I burn all my NRG on the exp/awaken grinds and doing Colosseum (up to D-5 there)

Guess what. Certain characters need an assload more experience to level than others. Vaan takes a RIDICULOUS amount of experience compared to Rain. He's about 10 levels behind and still needs more exp per level than Rain does. If the vortex is really the top place for exp in the whole thing, then jesus christ.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Some of the menus in this game need some serious optimization. It should not take 10 seconds to show me my inventory.

As far as the grindiness goes, I suspect it won't be quite so bad once we've got more content. Surely there will be higher rank xp vortexes (vortices?) and other ways to get shit like Heaven Ash.

Edit: Oh hey

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Some of the menus in this game need some serious optimization. It should not take 10 seconds to show me my inventory.

As far as the grindiness goes, I suspect it won't be quite so bad once we've got more content. Surely there will be higher rank xp vortexes (vortices?) and other ways to get shit like Heaven Ash.

I see similar problems with almost every menu. Opening Shantotto's menu in battle took a good 3-5 seconds. Even Krile's menu takes a good second or two for the game to kick in.

As for drops, I have seen it claimed that some resources are common drops on the second+ continents that we don't currently have access to, mainly in reference to Earth's Cores since they gate Vaan awakenings HARD and they're a very rare drop on all levels of the Awakening Vortex.

From Reddit re: Cactuar dungeon
    This is a lot better than the EXP Vortex.

Level 3 = 15 EN - 3 Waves (Stupidly easy)
    The last wave will always drop a Mustachio (30k Unit EXP)
    The two first waves can drop: nothing, lower tiers Metal Cactuars (5k/10k) or a Mustachio. (30k)
    When enhancing a unit you also have a low chance of getting either a 1.5x or 2x EXP bonus.

Downside: Costs a decent amount of gil

Tip: If needed you can use some of the low tier metal cactuars on FP units to level/sell them.

It's weird that they're having events before actually releasing the game.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    i mean event rollouts are probably something you wanna make sure you're comfortable with before launch

• Options
    also i'm down to the grind now, hoping to at least get everyone save for penelo awakened once or twice

• Options
    I realize I never added my ID. So if anyone wants a 4* Kain with a 140ish attack, add me. 609,487,309

• Options
    Awakened Rain, Kuja, and Maria today. I'm 1 Earth Core and 2 Heaven's Ash shy of being able to awaken Lasswell and Zidane (plus I don't want everybody to be level 1 all at once).

I pulled Biggs from normal draw today, so I've been building up a team of second-stringer with him, Cassie, and Bedile.

PSA: If you bring a Bartz as a friend, his Auto Potion ability will use up your potions

• Options
    Pulled a Vivi. Stop rerolling?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Pulled a Vivi. Stop rerolling?

Do you like Vivi?

The one place I'm really lacking is not having a black mage. I have to roll for one in my summons on any somewhat challenging content. Otherwise I'm really happy with my team.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The pre-reg hit 3.5million, so we're all getting a chunk of gil and some Phoenix Downs. Shouldn't be long before we confirm 5.5million and guarantee that everyone gets to pull 10 times.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.