As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE]: Next maintenance: New PVP arena, and Brave Frontier collab 11/11-11/24

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The pre-reg hit 3.5million, so we're all getting a chunk of gil and some Phoenix Downs. Shouldn't be long before we confirm 5.5million and guarantee that everyone gets to pull 10 times.

I hope so. I'm up to 3000 lapis, so closing in on that 11 pull naturally.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm sitting on 2100 and 2 tickets at the moment. My plan is basically to never do premium pulls until the FFT event, even though it's probably like a year out.

5 draw on my tablet: 3 Baurgs, an Eldin, and a Leah.

that's bullshit

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I wouldn't mind holding off for the FFT event since Agrias and Delita are so great, but Celes is coming so much sooner!

Edit: Shit, some of the colosseum rewards are so worth it. Highlights so far:
    Sleep dagger from C-5 that has 22 attack and puts enemies to sleep
    Mythril buckler from B-3 with +30 defense. For a shield that's pretty nuts.
    I also got a Mage's Habit from one of them, with +20 Def, +10 mag/spr. My red mage is rocking that, but I don't remember which colosseum mission it's from.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Cactuar exp event OP.

Basically took two people from 35 to 60 already.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I haven't even used any of the cactuars I've gotten. Not sure who I want to max out.

Edit: didn't max anyone out, but I did bring most of my main party onto the 50s. Red Mage has Gravity now, which is nice, and Kain got High Jump. Plus Curaga for the white mage. I'll take it all.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I have my main party aside from Vaan pretty close to capped at 4* without using any cactuars, but I am so short on materials for awakening Rain and Lassy to 5*... and even if I used a couple metal cactuars to get Vaan to cap, I'm short ~10 Earth Cores for him too, and they're a rare drop in the stupid vortex.

Sigh.

Well, guess I'll just sit on them and continue to pray that I get one of the top tiers in the 10+ freebies on start on this account, although I have to be honest, I'm not really feeling this too much right now.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Wooooo! Rerolled into Bartz, just in time to do the cactuar event. These are basically just xp feeders?

Is there a resource to figure out how much xp a character needs to max? PAD had a tool where you could just input current level and xp to figure out how far from cap you are.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I'm just rolling with what I find and I'm pretty content with it.

Even some of the less impressive pulls like Clyne have ended up being fairly solid since he gets cut/esuna and is a solid tank.

Course it's a bit of a bother that we're so content locked right now but that's my own fault for jumping into a soft launch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wooooo! Rerolled into Bartz, just in time to do the cactuar event. These are basically just xp feeders?

Is there a resource to figure out how much xp a character needs to max? PAD had a tool where you could just input current level and xp to figure out how far from cap you are.

It's semi-unique to characters and ranks. I awakened Rain and Vaan to 4* together (resets them to level 1), and now, with the same amount of Exp, Rain is on level 59 and Vaan is on level 45. So Vaan needs an assload more experience to level and max.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    The pre-reg hit 3.5million, so we're all getting a chunk of gil and some Phoenix Downs. Shouldn't be long before we confirm 5.5million and guarantee that everyone gets to pull 10 times.

where do I find this pre-reg?

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

where do I find this pre-reg?

https://www.finalfantasyexvius.com/register/

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I've been using these cactuars to max out units from friend points and selling them. For a two star max unit like Leah or Tronn it only takes one big cactuar to cap from 0 exp, and they sell for 15,000 gil. I've probably made over 100k gil today just because I had a surplus of extra units from all the free friend points this week.

• Options
    Jeix wrote: »
    I've been using these cactuars to max out units from friend points and selling them. For a two star max unit like Leah or Tronn it only takes one big cactuar to cap from 0 exp, and they sell for 15,000 gil. I've probably made over 100k gil today just because I had a surplus of extra units from all the free friend points this week.

How much gil does it cost to level them up? That's my only problem so far is I've blown half my gil on upgrading the units as far as I have, and the gill chamber is not exactly worth the energy.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Jeix wrote: »

How much gil does it cost to level them up? That's my only problem so far is I've blown half my gil on upgrading the units as far as I have, and the gill chamber is not exactly worth the energy.

Cost differs MASSIVELY depending on the unit and current level. A single Metal Gigantaur into a:

Level 1 3* Biggs costs 60 gil
    Level 1 3* Shadow costs 240 gil
    Level 18 4* Luna costs 570 gil
    Level 58 4* Vaan costs 1650 gil

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Beat the white Dragon finally. Got lucky with bio sticking each time I cast it, and Galuf's sleep dagger proccing on the jerk. Murasame get!

I've hit a brick wall in the colosseum though. A-3 is this guy that does triple attacks for insane damage and is just wrecking me.

• Options
    I got the Murasame last night too, but on accident. I didn't have Bio, I just wanted to get a sense for how strong the White Dragon was compared to my team. Sleep procced on the first turn and I fortunately gave Kuja some direct attack magic (didn't even bother trying Gravity). I was doing okay until about 20% where he wiped me. But I see the Game Over screen so rarely that I wasn't really paying attention and just hit the red button (call it conditioning from the daily rewards) and accidentally spend lapis on a full revive. The ensuing limit break storm knocked him down to a sliver and Zidane was able to push him over the edge.

• Options
    I just shattered that brick wall! Same method, Biora stuck and Galuf procced Sleep from the dagger. Then things ended poorly for him.

These bosses are really making me feel the lack of a black mage in my party, though. Anselm is a great mix of white and black, he has access to Biora, Cura, and Aerora which almost nothing resists, but he doesn't have the power to really push those spells hard, and getting element chains is tough when everyone else is kind of weak on elements. I might have to try and pull characters again just to get a decent BLM.

• Options
    Cactaur Desert rewards are good, but it makes for a boring as fuck weekend. The cactaur XP is so good that using your energy for anything else would be a ridiculous waste. I've got my whole team up to 58-59, but I can't farm mats for awakening because I gotta stockpile cactaurs.

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Cactaur Desert rewards are good, but it makes for a boring as fuck weekend. The cactaur XP is so good that using your energy for anything else would be a ridiculous waste. I've got my whole team up to 58-59, but I can't farm mats for awakening because I gotta stockpile cactaurs.

Yeah, I'm waiting to get lassie to rank 5, but can't do that until I can farm materials again. Though, I also need a dark megacryst, and I have no idea where to find one.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Yeah, I'm waiting to get lassie to rank 5, but can't do that until I can farm materials again. Though, I also need a dark megacryst, and I have no idea where to find one.

And doesn't a new bonus material dungeon open as soon as the cactuar one closes? Of the non-awakening material variety?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, but it's basically exploring Dalynka s again, but with more materials? Maybe? Only one difficulty, 5 stamina.

• Options
    It sucks. Basically if you need your material and items slots filled up with trash, it's your go-to energy use.

I'll keep an eye on the BE subreddit to see if anyone claims it drops iron ore, otherwise it's a total pass for me.

• Options
    I'm a bit confused by its existence too.

Oh well, back to grinding the Awakening vortex I guess. Only need like... 30 more Heaven's Ash and 15 Earth Cores.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    OH SHIT

img_chara01.jpg
    img_chara03.jpg

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I started playing this day before yesterday. First pull after the tutorial was 5* Xaio. Used the Jumbo silver cactar on her to get her to 19th level or so, and shes rocking lots of stuff.

As for the above picture, for those who dont read japanese...what does it say? I dont recognize the characters.

The pre-registration thing... I signed up, so does that mean when they send rewards, we will just get a code to type into the game to collect them or do i need to 'link' my game account to my pre-reg account somehow?

Thanks
    btw Friend code:

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Those are Final Fantasy Tactics characters. Orlandu and Alma, specifically.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Wish I'd farmed those cactuars a little more aggressively.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I just started this up and am mid tutorial right now. It's an interesting concept. I do love the sprites

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wish I'd farmed those cactuars a little more aggressively.

I've got my party almost maxed out, with just Lasswell with a few levels until 80, and still have around 20 cactuars.

Still wish I'd farmed more.

• Options
    Coliseum A3 boss is a fucker

but i got him

• Options
    Coliseum A3 boss is a fucker

but i got him

That was a brick wall for me. I had to try again a few times before I finally took him down.

I'm now on S-5, not at the boss yet, but the trash is starting to be real rough. Though S-3 and S-4 is nasty if you're fighting the 5-pack of goblins.

• Options
    New grindy event: Get materials for your espers to level up with. Lots of colors I haven't gotten before, so that's interesting? Still, maybe I"ll be able to level up Ifrit some more.

• Options
    a few questions.

First, I installed the game through the apk site since im american, and it went fine...but everytime i open the game it tries to connect me to google play games...and that wouldnt be a problem except it always assumes i need to create a new account, when i already have one and it does not give me the option to log in...so everytime i have to click through the process and tell it not to try and log in. anyway around this?

Next...why is it that sometimes when i encounter a few monsters, and i just bash the characters for them to attack, that it occasionally will distribute the damage completely to all the various creatures wiping out all 3 or 4 of them the same turn without me aiming, and other times it will just overkill the same original target?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I can't speak for your first question, but in Brave Frontier (which this game is based heavily off of), if you were fast enough to mash the characters, they would all target one enemy and overkill, but if you tap a character at the point the enemy's healthbar has been emptied, even though the characters are still juggling/laying into it, they will switch to a new target because the game knows the creature is effectively dead and not to waste more attacks on it.

If you hit Auto, the game is also pretty smart about distributing your team to the foes evenly so attacks won't be wasted. You'll still see overkills though, because someone like Sabin, with 4 hit attacks, might kill an enemy in the first two, so the last two hits are treated as overkill.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Do the stats of your Espers actually impact anything other than the damage they do when summoned?

• Options
    You gain some piddly amount on the person who has them equipped.

Also maxing their level unlocks the hard mode fight against them so that's worth it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    You get 1% of their stats. So yeah, you're looking at a minimum of 7 levels on Ifrit to get 1 point of STR.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    So after i get ifrit, is that the furthest the beta goes? I cant figure out how to proceed. Also, did i miss something? that woman that was following us to the port town kinda disapearred when we got there.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    So after i get ifrit, is that the furthest the beta goes? I cant figure out how to proceed. Also, did i miss something? that woman that was following us to the port town kinda disapearred when we got there.

That's the end of things. You can level up Ifrit to 30 to fight a bonus battle against it, and there's also the dragon in the vortex, but them's all the content right now. Get to grinding.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    That's short. I just beat Ifrit too. Mainly with the help of someone who had an Exdeath. Man that guy is a beast.

This discussion has been closed.