As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Clash Royale] Join the clan, we need your crowns!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm currently trying to make this list work:

Sparky, Giant, Barbs, Musk, Arrows, Pump, Spear Gobs, Cannon

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    That looks like a good list, imo.

I found this great post on Reddit and thought I'd share it here since its a solid list of non-legendary decks along with a writeup of how to use them. I've already put some into my extra deck slots and have been playing around with them in tournaments and they work great.
    Hi there. Unlike other posters I don't have the privilege of saying I'm one of the best players in the world or a hardcore CR player with lots of achievements. I'm merely an average A9 player with a humble personal best of 3389 trophies using tournament level cards, which isn't too bad but I will try to reach 3500 with these card levels because my primary goal right now is to upgrade my commons to level 9 and rares to level 7 so I can use a variety of decks in tournaments

After getting into legendary arena I bought some legendaries and I also tested a variety of decks with tournament level cards (some with level 6 rares) to see how each of them worked out, some with legendaries and some without. I also upgraded lots of cards to 9-7 to test them out and to use in tournaments so despite being a level 10 I don't have a single level 10 common or level 8 rare – My commons are mostly 9 and half my rares are 7. I confess I have four legendary cards, one of them being level 2 – Princess (2), ice wizard (1), miner (1), Lavahound (1). Ice Wizard and Lavahound were bought from the shop, the other 3 cards (two princess cards and one miner card) were given to me by two crown chests and one magical A8 (now A9) chest

Inspired by all the hate towards legendary cards, I decided to compile a list of decks that can get players to legendary arena without legendary cards. Some of these decks have been tested by me, others are popular decks used by lots of players that you can find here on reddit and youtube or other websites. I copied some decks from strong opponents, clanmates or just popular players. One of those decks is even the one I used to push to legendary without legendary cards (despite the fact I got a princess card after about 2 matches inside legendary arena from a crown chest)

Keep in mind some of these decks may have a higher skill cap and card levels will be important to push higher – Simply upgrading all your commons can push you 200-300 trophies above your normal range without altering your skill

Before I start, I'll assume the average card level required for any of these decks to work is 9-6-3. Of course, some commons may work when level 8 and some epics will work even at level 2, but I think the standard 9-6-3 is a fair one for a fairly competent player to reach legendary arena with enough skill and hardwork, and even to push as high as 3100-3150.

I will be mentioning winning conditions as individual cards (i.e. Hogrider, royal giant, etc.) and then show decks with those cards and a brief description on how to play each one of them, as well as some variations and replacements you can do depending on what you want to achieve with the deck

Royal giant

Standard Royal Giant deck:

Royal giant, Elixir collector, Barbarians, Minions, Fireball, Zap, Spear goblins/Goblins, Cannon

How to play – Use your elixir collector to gain an advantage and push with royal giant continuously and troops like minions and goblins behind him. Do this until you whittle the first tower down and then place your RG in the middle to go for the second tower, which is much easier. Defend with barbs, cannon, minions and fireball. Use fireball and zap on the counters your opponent will use against your RG

Variations – Some people might replace elixir collector by another troop like fire spirits, another cheap troop, something like a musketeer or valk, etc. It is worth considering if you think it can work without pump. It is also possible to replace cannon and play without defensive structures and use another troop instead of cannon like a wizard or witch tough if you are playing without defensive structures I recommend using the elixir pump

Chief Pat's deck:

Royal Giant, Elixir Collector, Barbarians, Spear goblins, Cannon, Goblin Hut, Fireball, Arrows

How to play – Gain an advantage with your elixir collector, place one or more goblin huts and push with royal giant and all the spear goblins from the hut behind him. It is a super easy deck to play because the skill required is an extremely passive one and it is easy to push a draw if you believe you can't win

Variations – Some people might prefer zap over arrows and tesla over cannon for better air defense, or even minions instead of spear goblins

Royal Giant & Hogrider deck:

Royal giant, Hogrider, Cannon, Barbarians/Mini pekka, Minions, Goblins/Spear Goblins/Wizard/Witch, Zap, Fireball

How to play – Like the previously mentioned standard RG deck but this time you have two troops that only target buildings so use that to your advantage and push with the hog and RG separately or simultaneously depending on what feels appropriate. You can do small pushes like hog + stab + zap to quickly whittle down the tower or place RG in the back and build an even larger push.

Variations – You might want to add a pump over cannon but try to protect your towers with barbs/mini-pekka/minions. You can also replace minions for a splash attacker like wizard for a higher elixir cost. Musketeer should also work well

Hogrider

Hog Trifecta deck:

Hogrider, Valkyrie, Musketeer, Cannon, Elixir Collector, Skeletons, Zap/Arrows, Poison/Freeze

How to play – By far the most popular version uses poison which is logical since it has a lower skill cap and it is reasonably easy to play once you figure out the basics. Use pump to gain an advantage and push with the trio hog + valk + musk and use poison to take down buildings and kill/slowdown defensive troops. Use cannon to defend, skeletons to cycle, distract, defend and push with the hog and use zap to defend and allow your hog to get more shots or take down cheap troops like goblins your opponent may place to kill your hog. If you are using the freeze version time your freeze well when your hog is less than half health and only use it when you think you will handle the counterpush.

Variations – With recent nerfs to cannon and skeletons some people prefer goblins/spear goblins/fire spirits/ice spirits instead and even a tesla/inferno instead of cannon. I DON'T recommend not using pump as it really helps this deck's expensive 12 elixir push

Hog cycle deck:

Hogrider, Goblins, Zap, Cannon, Minions/Horde, Spear goblins/Skeletons, Mini-Pekka, Fireball

How to play – Most hog cycle decks cost 3.1 or less average elixir so the goal is to constantly push with the hog to whittle down the tower and prevent your opponent from building large pushes. Another technique that is crucial for this deck to work is to use your cheap troops to cycle back to the hog as fast as possible so that you can use him before your opponent cycles back to his hog counter (cannon, barbarians, mini-pekka). Use cannon, fireball, mini pekka and your cheap troops to defend, form a counterpush if possible but don't allow your opponent to build large pushes – Push the other lane

Variations – I feel like minions/minion horde are basically a choice between faster cycle and higher DPS on defense so it's up to you. Some people might prefer ice spirits or fire spirits to either spear goblins or skeletons which is something to consider

Hog % Baby Dragon deck (3400+):

*Hogrider, Baby Dragon, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Barbarians, Minion Horde, Zap Lightning

This deck's credit goes to /u/victoriee and you can find his guide here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/4t4aq7/deck_a5_3400_muffinman_deck_ft_baby_dragon_no/?st=iqrc56a0&sh=2b37d8da

Giant

Giant-Balloon decks:

Giant, Balloon, Barbarians, Elixir Collector, Skeletons, Arrows, Minions, Fireball

OR

Giant, Balloon, Musketeer, Cannon, Barbarians, Skeletons, Fireball, Arrows (variation of M4SON's deck without the ice wizard)

How to play – This is essentially the deck I pushed to legendary with (the first one). It's a popular Giant-Balloon deck with fireball instead of princess. The only problem is that it is prone to mirror air decks but you should be able to win a 3 crown race if it comes down to it. Despite the fact I hit legendary with a wizard instead of fireball I still recommend fireball as it gave me more consistent wins. Use pump to gain an advantage, figure out your opponent's air counters and push when your opponent is low and/or doesn't have air counters available. If they have inferno tower push a draw. With M4SON's deck you don't have pump so just gain an advantage and push with your giant-balloon combo when you fill the requirements I already mentioned. Use cannon to defend against Hogs and RG's. In any Giant-balloon deck prefire arrows to take out minions and minion horde and other pesky low HP troops your opponent uses against your balloon (if you hit low HP troops targeting the giant that's a bonus)

Variations – You might want to use wizard instead of fireball (in my deck not M4SON's) and he could actually work well since he got buffed. It's also possible to use gobs instead of skeletons since I used the latter before they got nerfed and might not work as well now. You can also replace minions with minion horde for a more expensive deck but better on defense with more DPS

Jason's Giant-Hogrider deck:

Giant, Hogrider, Elixir Collector, Barbarians, Minion Horde, Spear Goblins, Arrows, Archers

How to play - Use the elixir collector to gain an advantage, defend with your high DPS troops like minion horde and barbarians and form a strong counterpush by placing a giant in front of your troops at the bridge. Use the hog over the river to take down buildings and use spear goblins and archers to support your giant. If your opponent isn't very aggressive start your own push with giant in the back. After you take down a tower use giant in the middle of the enemy's crown and king towers to soak damage and troops at the bridge like hogrider, spear goblins and archers.

Variations – Some people might want to use minions instead of minion horde for lower DPS but lower elixir cost and a fireball or zap instead of arrows tough I don't recommend zap as your only spell if you don't have princess

Standard Giant Push deck:

Giant, Poison, Zap, Mini-Pekka, Goblins, Musketeer, Cannon, Minions

How to play – Simply form a push with the giant and troops behind him and use poison spell on defensive troops to take down the tower. Use cannon to defend against hogs and RG's. Mini-Pekka should be used on defense and as a counterpush with the giant

Variations – You can replace cannon with pump for a higher elixir advantage but worse defense. Poison can be replaced by fireball if you don't want to use poison or if yours is too low level. You can also add troops like the valkyrie, fire spirits or archers and replace some of the troops in this deck, there's some versatility in any standard giant push deck so feel free to replace troops and spells as you see fit as long as you keep the giant and a fairly consistent deck on both offense and defense. You could add a witch or wizard for splash damage or even a goblin barrel to make a pretty good combo if the giant is tanking the tower and your opponent doesn't have an immediate answer to it

Giant & 3 Musketeers deck:

Giant, Elixir Collector, 3 Musketeers, Barbarians, Knight, Arrows, Goblins, Minions

How to play – This deck relies on gaining an advantage with pump and doing a split push with a giant plus two musketeers on one lane and a knight plus one lone musketeer on the other lane and something else behind. It is a high risk high reward deck

Variations – You could replace the knight with something else and do a more low risk Giant & 3 Musketeers deck but you may be more weak to fireball

Golem

Golem Poison deck:

Golem, Elixir Collector, Cannon, Skeletons/Goblins, Musketeer, Zap, Poison, Mini-Pekka

How to play – Gain an advantage by setting up at least one pump and send your golem after you know your opponent's counters, preferably in 2x elixir only (according to experienced golem players). Use the poison spell and support your golem with mini pekka, musketeer and zap if needed and use cannon to defend along with mini-pekka while you build your pumps

Variations – You might want to replace musketeer with minions or even another ranged attacker like archers, wizard or baby dragon. You can also replace cannon with another troop and lack on defense but be stronger on offense

PEKKA

PEKKA & 3 Musketeers deck:

PEKKA, 3 Musketeers, fireball, Zap, Elixir Collector, Barbarians, Goblins, Spear Goblins

How to play – Build an advantage with your pump and push with PEKKA and 3 Musketeers. Always drop PEKKA in the back unless you are in a hurry to take down a tower and the play is strategically justified. If your opponent has fireball you can do a split push by making two of your musketeers go with the PEKKA and push with a lone musketeer and cheap troops on the other lane

Variations – You might want to replace either goblins or spear goblins with a valk or mini pekka to increase your defensive capabilities and do better split pushes

Special note - While PEKKA + Double Prince combo is a strong deck that could certainly get you to legendary arena I will not be covering it since it requires higher level epics to work properly and win consistently. I am using level 9 commons as the norm to reach legendary arena assuming most people have at least 30-50% of their decks composed by commons. A PEKKA Double Prince deck without at least a level 4 PEKKA and one legendary will not work just as well and I prefer to not cover it since it's not a standard deck I would recommend to reach legendary arena

And this is it. Again, I'm no expert so excuse me for any mistakes. I haven't played all those decks extensively and I'm probably better playing some (like Giant-Balloon and Hog Trifecta) than others (Like PEKKA & 3 Musketeers) but I hope this small guide can help people stuck below 3000 cups build a better deck and thrive for a better trophy count.

Never forget that skill and card levels matter a lot. If you are copying one of these decks but don't know how to play it and your card levels are too low because you have never used some of the cards in the deck then it's normal that you will be losing many times until you can upgrade your deck and practice enough to become an efficient player with it. Don't expect to pick up Hogrider and just become good with it without at least doing half a hundred matches with a deck to become familiar with it and the strategy involved in it

BTW, English isn't my native language so excuse me for any grammar or misspelling mistakes

If you have any questions about any of the decks or about what cards to use in your deck feel free to ask, I'm not an expert but I will try to answer as well as I can.

I am NOT F2P as I have spent small amounts, mostly to get legendary cards but I believe many of these decks are perfectly doable for F2P and C2P (cheap to play) players. These decks are to get to 3000 trophies, possibly 3100 and above if you upgrade your cards even more, I'm not writing this to reach 3500-400 trophies because I am yet to breach that wall myself.

For anyone wondering if I'm telling the truth about being in legendary arena and not just some random noob in A6 writing this guide, here's some proof (this is my current trophy count and I will be keeping it until season ends):

http://imgur.com/a/2Sor7

spoiler'd for long

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Chadzilla1983Chadzilla1983 Registered User regular
    I keep hitting 1998 on the trophy count! Then I'll loose one or too then right back to 1998! Game is just messing with me now. Ha.

XBOX Live GT: Chadzilla1983
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Are there any sites that discuss deck lists? I am currently in arena 4 or whatever pekka's playhouse is) at level 5 or 6 and realized I have pretty much been leveling cards I felt like without any real rhyme or reason. Mostly skeleton related stuff because why not.

• Options
    Obifett's post right above yours has a lot of decklists with explanations of use. You could also go with Clash Tactics. There's probably a lot better one's out there too if ya' search enough.

Generally speaking, feel free to level commons to 7 and rares to 4, even if it's just for the xp alone. After that, things will get harder to come by or the gold better spent elsewhere.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Obifett's post right above yours has a lot of decklists with explanations of use. You could also go with Clash Tactics. There's probably a lot better one's out there too if ya' search enough.

Generally speaking, feel free to level commons to 7 and rares to 4, even if it's just for the xp alone. After that, things will get harder to come by or the gold better spent elsewhere.

i was looking through @ObiFett 's post but there are a bunch of gaps ni what i have and what shows up there. i've seen some of the cards, but defintiely haven't acquired them

• Options
    Oh right, Arena 4. Which cards are you missing so far?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    i actually just opened some chests and got a bunch of new epics such as balloon and a few other things. are there any strictly better cards than others? or is the pool still small enough that there at least niches for everything?

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    What is effective against the witch in early arenas? She seems to always cause issues for me.

Fireball and Valkyrie counter her pretty hard.

I've been having problems in Arena 6/7 lately. There has been a huge uptick in Miners/Royal Giant/Princess usage and I'm not sure what I can do about it. RG has that range advantage where I can't get to the support troops behind him. Miner is straight-up bullshit. I guess I have to predict his location and distract? Princess is swatted by Fireball or Valkyrie but at an Elixir disadvantage. Goblins/Spear Goblins work if I plant them after she targets the tower, but only when she's not alone which is rare.

Miner - Minions (not horde) or Skeletons (my favourite!)
    Royal Giant - Mini Pekka, Cannon, Minions, Minion Horde if you wanna go higher cost

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    There are some strictly better cards, but you won't see them for a while. Mostly it's the Legendary cards, which are somewhat OP. A lot of the common and rare cards see play at all arena levels. Like Spear Goblins are in just about every deck.

Try something like this:

Balloon, Hog Rider, Spear Goblins, Arrows, Musketeer, Knight, Cannon

Your primary combos are; Hog/Musk, Hog/Balloon, Hog/Gobs, Knight/Musk, Knight/Gobs. Use the Cannon for defense and the arrows if they drop a lot of small troops to counter your Hog or Balloon. If you don't have Hog, sub in Giant instead. Giant/Balloon is deadly, but make sure you have Cannon in hand if it gets countered.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    i'm currently using:
    spear goblins
    bomber
    skeleton giant
    valkyrie
    goblin barrel
    skeleton army
    baby dragon
    prince

feels pretty clunky tbh. so i generally just play the bare minimum to try and take town 1 tower, until there's a minute left and then just dump a bunch of threats.

• Options
    That's pretty clunky indeed. I'd probably cut Skeleton Hoard for Mini Pekka and Bomber for Arrows.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Is skeleton horde bad?

I was using bomber in place of arrows since it could be a threat as well as an answer in better capacity than arrows. Is that not the case?

• Options
    Arrows is one of the best spells in the game. Massive AoE and enough damage to kill very common threats (minions, minion hoard, princess, goblins). A common tactic is to send out a tank or hog early and see how they respond. If it's with minion hoard, the next time you send them, prefire arrows to snipe them.

Bomber is extremely good at taking out most Barbs and hiding behind a Giant, but Valkyrie does a similar thing so having both is kind of moot.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    is rage + troop buildings a thing?

i tried out those suggested changes and have not been doing well. gotta get used to the different playstyle i think.

• Options
    Share some replays in the clan, both wins and losses.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    i need to stop playing this while i am drafting in heroes. i've hemorrhaged a ton of trophies simply because i wasnt paying attention and literally did nothing

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I've done the same thing, it's only 3 minutes, that's enough time to queue and probably won't first pick anyway, never works

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Heads up! The Clash Royale team are back from summer vacation (in Finland it's customary for everyone to take July off for summer holidays) and we're busy thinking about the next update! On a high level, our current development priority list is:

Improve tournaments a lot (we want to re-work them in a pretty big way)
    Make Legendary Cards more obtainable
    New cards & balance changes

We have a bunch of other ideas for updates, these are just our initial and rough thoughts on what we'd like to bring with the next one :)

I am cautiously optimistic

• Options
    Absolutely. I'm hanging tight in Arena 7, with an occasional trip to Arena 8, which doesn't last long. Right now I'm living the long grind from level 9 to 10, while getting my Rares 7 and Commons to 9. As for Legendary cards, I've only got Sparky...which kind of sucks.

Seriously though, either make those Legendary cards easier to obtain or actually balance them. Miner, Princess, and Ice Wizard need tweaking badly. Legendary cards should be handled like they are in Hearthstone; powerful, but only a single include making them tougher to pull.

With only an 8 card deck, they simply come back around too quickly. You could limit them to 1 per deck, but that's not very fun.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Absolutely. I'm hanging tight in Arena 7, with an occasional trip to Arena 8, which doesn't last long. Right now I'm living the long grind from level 9 to 10, while getting my Rares 7 and Commons to 9. As for Legendary cards, I've only got Sparky...which kind of sucks.

Seriously though, either make those Legendary cards easier to obtain or actually balance them. Miner, Princess, and Ice Wizard need tweaking badly. Legendary cards should be handled like they are in Hearthstone; powerful, but only a single include making them tougher to pull.

With only an 8 card deck, they simply come back around too quickly. You could limit them to 1 per deck, but that's not very fun.

wow, you are doing really well and have made some fast progress. I am still only lvl 8. :(

what deck are you using?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    The trifecta deck that's been making the rounds, with one swap:

Musketeer
    Hog Rider
    Valkyrie
    Skeletons
    Tesla (swapped for Cannon)
    Zap
    Poison
    Elixir Collector

Basically you build Elixir Collectors and use Tesla, Skeleton, and Valkyrie to defend. Counter push with Musketeer, Hog Rider, and Poison. Zap as needed. Tesla only increased the overall Elixir cost from 3.4 to 3.5 so I made the switch. It's way tougher, hits hard, hides when not in use, hits air, and can be perfectly centered. Probably the best overall defensive structure for the cost.

The deck almost perfectly counters Witch/Giant decks which have been rampant. Place the Tesla in the lower middle, let the Giant cross the bridge, drop Valkryie on the support troops and either Skeletons or Musketeer by the Arena Tower to finish off the Giant. Counter with Hog + Poison/Zap.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Hog Trifecta

Gross

• Options
    I decided to crunch some numbers from my daily FTP experience.

At Arena 7, I'm currently opening about 5 Silver chests, 6 Free chests, 1 Golden chest, and 1 Crown chest per day.

The average gold output from the chests is 1277. Obviously this could go much higher or lower.
    The card count is 186, of which 7 are guaranteed Rares.
    My average donation has sadly been average to low (~80 donations in value), so I'm earning approximately another 400 gold.

So I'm earning about 1677 gold and 186 cards/day. That number can fluctuate depending on missing chest timings (I'm currently setting an alarm after starting the chest), but seems fairly consistent. I'm definitely missing out on donation value (we need more PA people!) and would do well to buy more Epics/Rares from the store. Clearly getting Giant and Magical chests boost the above numbers, but I didn't want to factor them into a daily equation.

Currently I'm trying to push my Valk/Hog/Musk to level 7, and need 43/23/100 cards respectively. Next is Tesla and Zap at 75 and 287 each. Poison would be nice at level 3, of which I'm 2 cards away from, but I'm at the mercy of RNG/store to make that happen. Last time Valks showed up, I dropped 2.4k gold to get 15 of them. Overpriced, but worth the investment to work around RNG.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    And one week later, I'm sitting in Arena 8 (2464 trophies) with the same Hog Trifecta deck. Managed to get my Tesla to 9, Hog to 7, and Poison to 3 (lucky pull from chest + 1 from the shop). Those three upgrades made a huge difference in pushing from Arena 7 to 8.

Next up is Valks to 7. I've got 77 right now, but everyone was requesting them at the same time in the clan so nobody went anywhere. :) I changed it up to requesting Zaps (currently at 216) until the Valks flow more freely again. Then it will be 100 each Musk and Mini Pekka. I might look at getting my Giant to level 6/7 as well, especially since I already have a level 3 Balloon.

How's everyone else doing?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I'm still bouncing between Arena 7 and Arena 8 because I am sticking to my custom Skeleton Giant deck that I enjoy playing but isn't necessarily super strong.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm still bouncing between Arena 7 and Arena 8 because I am sticking to my custom Skeleton Giant deck that I enjoy playing but isn't necessarily super strong.

mind sharing what this looks like?

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

mind sharing what this looks like?
    Skeleton Giant
    Witch
    Barbarians
    Poison
    Miner (can replace with Goblin Barrel)
    Minions
    Mini Pekka
    Elixir Collector

• Options
    Got a Princess from my Crown chest today. Woot!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Balance Changes Coming (8/24)

Note: These changes are not live yet! They're coming on 8/24.

The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats - in particular, card use rates and win rates - we also pay close attention to card interactions and the current meta. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.

In this round of balance changes we’re taking a look at the Royal Giant, several of the Legendary Cards and much more!

Royal Giant: Hit Speed decreased to 1.7sec (from 1.5sec)
    We like that the Royal Giant is a strong and relatively easy to use offensive option. However, he’s too strong right now - this change will allow him to stay relevant, but make him a bit easier to deal with. Additionally, his first attack will happen a bit slower.

Zap: Stun Duration decreased to 0.5sec (from 1sec)
    Zap is highly used at all levels of play and currently offers a bit too much versatility for 2 Elixir.

Princess: Area Damage radius decreased by 25%
    We’d like to make the Princess slightly less reliable at clearing up everything in the vicinity of her target.

Ice Wizard: Hit Points decreased by 5%
    Considering how much control he offers, the Ice Wizard is a bit too tanky for his 3 Elixir cost. He’ll still be very strong at the back, but doesn’t offer the same value in the middle of the action.

Miner: Deploy Time increased to 1sec (from 0.7sec), Hitpoints decreased by 6%
    We’re fixing an unintentional Deploy Time change, and in doing so making the Miner a bit easier to react to once again. Additionally, it’s become clear that the Miner is quite strong and could do with being toned down a notch.

Baby Dragon: Hit Speed increased to 1.6sec (from 1.8sec)
    A faster Hit Speed, including a quicker first attack, will make the Baby Dragon more reliable.

Dark Prince: Damage increased by 7.5%
    The Dark Prince’s stats aren’t quite on par with some other 4 Elixir options. A small damage buff should make him a more viable alternative in both defense and offense support.

Bowler: Elixir cost decreased to 5 (from 6), Hitpoints decreased by 7%, Damage decreased by 10%
    A lower Elixir cost should allow for some interesting Bowler synergies to become viable. We’re taking a bit of damage and hitpoints away from him to help compensate for this pretty big change.

Lumberjack: Speed increased to Very Fast (from Fast), Hit Speed increased to 0.7sec (from 1.1sec), Damage decreased by 23%
    We’d like to differentiate the Lumberjack from the Mini P.E.K.K.A a bit further, as both are 4 Elixir, high damage cards. This change should help them fill quite different roles in your deck.

The Log: Cast time decreased by 66%, travel speed increased by 20%
    The Log needs some love. This change will make it more consistent and reliable. (Note: We have some other tricks up our sleeves if this isn’t enough, but they are only possible to implement with a full update)

Golem: Hit and Death Damage increased by 5%, Hitpoints increased by 1%
    Golemite: Hit and Death Damage increased by 8%, Hitpoints increased by 3.2%
    At 8 Elixir the Golem needs a lot of power to feel viable - these changes will hopefully get it there!

P.E.K.K.A: Damage increased by 5%
    P.E.K.K.A has quite low use rates across the board and could do with some more muscle! We're also making her first attack happen a bit quicker.

Tombstone: Spawn Speed increased to 2.5sec (from 2.9sec)
    We’re looking to give the Tombstone more utility in both offense and defense.

Archers: Damage increased by 2%
    This tiny damage increase is just to fix an inconsistency with the Archers vs. Goblins interaction at certain levels.

Prince: Damage increased by 2%
    This tiny damage increase is just to fix an inconsistency with the Prince vs. Barbarians interaction at certain levels.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I like the changes they've made, but I don't think it's enough, especially for the Royal Giant. Guess we'll see.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I fear the new Lumberjack meta

Also, Bowler was already starting to be used with massive success in tournaments. Not sure that buffing him was needed. Especially by that much.

I like the nerfs to princess/ice wizard/miner

oh, and the zap nerf was hugely needed.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Solidly sitting in Arena 8 now, hovering around 2,400 trophies. Modified the Trifecta deck a bit more to squeeze in Princess, because she is too good not to run.

List:
    1. Hog 7
    2. Musk 6 (9 away from 7)
    3. Valk 7
    4. Zap 9
    5. Cannon 9
    6. Poison 3
    7. Princess 1
    8. Elixir Collector

I debate on whether to swap out Cannon for Mini PEKKA. Pulling Giants is nice, but Mini PEKKA can dish out serious damage. It would raise my overall deck cost slightly, from 3.6 to 3.8. Also, my Mini Pekka is level 6 with 70+ cards to go before an upgrade.

Thoughts?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Solidly sitting in Arena 8 now, hovering around 2,400 trophies. Modified the Trifecta deck a bit more to squeeze in Princess, because she is too good not to run.

List:
    1. Hog 7
    2. Musk 6 (9 away from 7)
    3. Valk 7
    4. Zap 9
    5. Cannon 9
    6. Poison 3
    7. Princess 1
    8. Elixir Collector

I debate on whether to swap out Cannon for Mini PEKKA. Pulling Giants is nice, but Mini PEKKA can dish out serious damage. It would raise my overall deck cost slightly, from 3.6 to 3.8. Also, my Mini Pekka is level 6 with 70+ cards to go before an upgrade.

Thoughts?

Cannon is also pretty important for mitigating RG damage, right?

I'd keep it because its doing something that Mini PEKKA can't: Luring tanks and RG

ObiFett on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Lumberjack is terrifying now. Any deck with a Mini Pekka would do well to consider swapping it out for the LJ. Which sucks because I've spent literally three weeks working on upgrading Mini Pekka...

In other news, LOL at all the players who can't play for shit with any deck without RG. Free wins today. But I still think a further HP nerf is coming, it's still too tanks a card for what it does.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    Hi all!

Just left a dead clan to join y'all in game.

Currently in A5 and having moderate success (keep bouncing into splashes of A6, but haven't really cracked into it yet).

The one thing I feel I'm missing is a defensive building. And I've got a collector I'm not incorporating either. So, basically, I feel like I'm doing okay, but also feel like I'm missing something here...

This is what I'm running now:
    6oomgnlsjlsx.png

• Options
    Freeze feels really out of place and seems like a good thing to swap out for a defensive building

• Options
    I'd recommend a Trifecta deck or Hog/Freeze.

Hog, Musk, Valk, Pump, Zap, Poison, Cannon, Skeleton
    Swaps: Freeze for Poison, Tesla for Cannon

Play defensive with Cannon/Valk and counter push with Valk/Hog into Freeze/Poison. Seriously though, Hog is one of the best Tower destroyers in the game.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    Yeah... I think I'm psychologically addicted to the giant's massive HP pool. But I recently got the freeze (no poison yet), and I'm a huge fan.

I might put the hog/freeze together and see if I can get used to the timing...

• Options
    I've decided that I'm not gonna get much further than 2,500 with the standard Trifecta deck, so I'll just have some fun instead. Copied @Digilante Giant/Balloon deck and have lost a ton of points. Part not being comfortable with the deck and part playing with under-leveled cards. Currently sitting around 2,100 trophies. Not worried about it though since pushing to Legendary Arena with Trifecta will be almost impossible until I get my cards boosted further, which is going to take a LONG time.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page