As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] MACHINES OF WAR HYPE! GET IN HERE!

19495969798100»

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    A lot of Zarya's tankiness comes from the way her barrier works, too. If there's still one point of barrier left, it will block an infinite amount of damage so long as it's all one shot, so it mitigates a ton more damage depending upon when you put the barrier on someone. In HotS terms, that would be like blocking Pyroblast even though there's only 1 shield left. It also stops all CC (e.g., grants Unstoppable). It doesn't look like her barrier in HotS works that way, so it will be interesting to see how they play around with those shield values. I think there's going to be a really big issue with the fact that people can play around the shield to stop her from doing any meaningful damage, and the shields are on a long enough cooldown that she can be safely ignored for 10 seconds at a time. I am interested to see if she sees a lot of play at high levels, because you already see this issue in Overwatch and the barrier and her damage are much more powerful, comparatively speaking.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    zarya is actually still really powerful in high level ow, but that's partly because at high levels they're very very good at focusing down particular targets so you just slap a shield on that target and MAXIMUM CHARGE

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I played two games with Auriel and it turns out she's awesome

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    shryke wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    I watched that Gamescom interview from like a week ago. At one point one of the devs mentions how one of the new SC maps is their biggest map yet. I'm sure that's supposed to sound exciting to a casual player or as a soundbite or something, but as an actual player of the game, it just makes me :(.

Playing on the big-ass maps like Cursed Hollow as a less mobile character like Hammer or Dehaka (Burrow has a cooldown and/or sometimes you need to save it) is already a chore, and even with standard, mount-riding characters it still can be a pain getting around sometimes. Map size variety is fine, but good lord I would never have asked for an even bigger map to be released.

I hope it's not actually true and the dev was just mistaken. After all, he did refer to "heroics" as "ultimates" and mentioned that the Queen of Ghosts Kerrigan skin will have new art for Zerglings (side note: I feel bad for whatever artist created the new skin's Zergling art, only to find out the talent is gone).

It looks pretty damn big to me. And they may be reducing mount speed to 30% too.
    wut

If I wanted slower-paced, extended travel times I'd just play LoL...

Well, it will slow down rotations but no one may actually notice. Cause it took them like days to notice the change at Gamescon afaik. It's so slight a speed tweak in the end it may end up feeling the same even though it's not.
    It's a big enough difference for Blizzard to consider it a worthwhile Rehgar talent.

Edit: I am excited about the Hammer buffs tomorrow.

forty on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    playing against 5 man premades with morales and sylvanas in qm makes me want to stab myself in the dick. unless you get a perfect dive comp, you lose. we lost a keep on BoE in less than 4 minutes. just zero chance.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    We doing a new thread?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    oh well, the game felt bad for me after giving me some pretty bad teammates in HL by putting a diablo who randomly started suiciding while they were winning on the other team.

yay? i feel bad about it, but at the same time, points.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    We doing a new thread?

forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/206720/heroes-of-the-storm-dawn-of-the-new-thread

This discussion has been closed.