As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Immersion Submersion! (Actively increasing immersion while gaming?)

JawesomeJohnsonJawesomeJohnson Registered User new member
I love love LOVE a good horror game. There is something marvelous about being able to put yourself into a truly terrifying position in a great story. When I was a wee lad, I fell in love with Silent Hill 2 via a spread in Game Pro magazine months before I even had access to a PS2. The surreal feel, the gorgeous design, and and-and that FLASHLIGHT EFFECT!!! It captivated me instantly. When I finally got a chance to play, I made a point to set up late at night when everyone else in my home was asleep, turned off all the lights, set up my cheap pathetic attempt at a 'surround sound system' and got to it!

I played through the entire night and heh did not sleep well for days I had never given much thought at that point to how the environment we play in really changes the experience but it is a process I have stuck with to this day. When there is a chance to get real good and SPOOKED I always try and get that same kind of environment, It's forever rad to me how much the game can pull me in when I try and push my own buttons a bit and work with it.

Do Y'all have any special things you do to play up the fear when getting into a scary game? Or heck, do you do anything interesting to build up the environment while gaming regardless of the games type???

Your funny bone looks kinda mushy... Give it some EXERCISE! Join us for some silly gaming at JawesomePossum!!!

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I close the window sometimes, so everything doesn't sound like car.