As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[pbp] [IC] Urban Shadows: The Wizard is literally Harry Dresden

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Important question: Critical failures irc channel?

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I would assume
    If you've got any questions, I'll be around #PAUrbanShadows on SynIRC.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Sounds good, though I don't know if I've ever actually used IRC. I'll figure it out though.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Sounds good, though I don't know if I've ever actually used IRC. I'll figure it out though.

You can just use the webclient: http://cgiirc.synirc.net/irc.cgi

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    is IRC like some kind of Slack ripoff

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Slack is some kind of IRC re-interpretation.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Slack is some kind of IRC re-interpretation.

I genuinely didn't respond to that because I thought it was a joke.

...It... was a joke, right? I can't be old yet.

You seem sad enough that I should reassure you it was a joke.

... but also we're kind of old.

IRC is ancient, I assure you.

edited May 2016
    By the way, here's the sheet that I'm planning on using to keep this straight:

Capfalcon on
    So, the plan is to do IRC in about 2 and half hours. Just a reminder.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Sorry I'm late on this. Pre-Session Faction Roll for Mortality: 2d6+0 10.

edited June 2016
    Everyone: As is Consilium Sapientis' tradition, everyone who’s even tangentially in the know (and not on the council's blacklist) is invited to a celebration of the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. There's food, drinks, and even gift bags when you leave. But, most importantly, there's... access to the Consilium Sapientis' archives! Yes, while the socializing is never unwelcome, everyone is here to check out a book.

Don't laugh. It's actually one of the most well attended events in the city's magical community. Information is the only thing that everyone in the city can agree is valuable, and the Council is just letting people come in and check out any book for two weeks? It's PR gold.

The dress code is non-existent for this sort of event, but much to the disappointment of a few members of the Menagerie, clothes of some sort are required. Also, carrying anything more than a ceremonial ancient weapon is forbidden. How are you dressed and what sort of entrance do you make? Is there anyone there you’ve been meaning to see? How long do you plan on staying?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cat: Surely this is the perfect place to find out more about that beast you saw. Anyway, members of the Consilium Sapientis in good standing have to add a significant tome to the repository every year. What did you give them, and how did you get it?

Who here was in a vision that gave you a splitting headache last night, and why are you steering clear of them for now?

Also, why are you going to this much trouble for Kieran, anyway? You don't really strike me as the... do gooder type.

And don't forget to roll your prophecies move.

Also, as per your move, you owe a debt to James, the tweaker ghost, back from when he helped you sort through your visions (and even gave some advice on where you could score some drugs) when Daniel wasn't around. That vision turned out to be about Liddy, a butch vampire who's violent taste for fun seems to preclude wider plans, and how a rival vampire was planning a hit on her. James made sure the warning got back to her (whether you wanted it to or not), and she appreciated the heads up and owes you a Debt.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kieran: You know, for killing a witch in cold blood, you're being treated pretty well. Maybe they didn't care for her either? Or maybe they figure that by dazzling you with good food and fine drinks, you're less likely to decide to murder one of them? Either way, this is a pretty swank party compared to your normal fare. Still, you're here on the job, right? Or do you want to take a bit of a break and enjoy yourself?

Who do you think is the most dangerous person here? Speaking of, which weapon did you sneak in, and how'd you get it through security?

Also, what unexpected expense came up that's got you hurting for cash right now?

Also, as per your move, you took care of some vampires that were going to jump Camille after she threw shade on them in the Fallen Angel. She didn't look particularly phased, but she did acknowledge that you'd done her a good turn, and that she owed you a Debt. Unfortunately, walking around in dark alleys with blood on you is a great way to get picked up by the cops. Fortunately, before you could even make it to the holding cells, Sebastian, one of the Mayor's high ranking aides, had you released with an apology from the desk sergeant.

He didn't say anything as he walked you to get your things back from evidence, but he did give you a look that said, "You totally owe me."

Daniel: You're not sure if the stacks will have anything about your current problem, so what are you planning to ask about? Which of your kids is sick right now, and why do you think it might be supernatural? Maybe there's something here that could help your family?

Anyway, it looks like only one of the people that is tied to the possible remnants of Jan's Watcher Society is here, though. What's their name? What do they look like? What tic do they have that tells you that their nervous? You don't know if the others couldn't score an invite (which would make them incredibly small time) or thought it might be too dangerous (which would make them incredibly paranoid). If you find out that they're the real deal, are you going to tell Jan for free? Or are you going to make him pay for it? Or are you just not going to tell him?

Also, as per your move, you distracted a pack of werewolves that had gone feral during the full moon last week so Sera could escape. She found you later and thanked you, making it clear that she owed you one.

Jan: This time of year is always worrisome. It's when the Storm Court's power is just beginning to waning, but they tend to go out with one last blaze of glory before they retreat to the safety of their dens before fall and winter arrive. In fact, it's almost the anniversary of... well... you know. Do you have any plans to honor your fallen comrades on the anniversary? Who here, aside from Kieran, have you had your eye on that might make for a good start to a new Watcher's society? How are you planning on convincing them to join up with you? Who do you see from the Menagerie that you are on good terms with, and what interesting project do they have for you? What do they offer to pay with?

Also, who do you need to talk to to get the last piece to finish that project for Cat?

Also, as per your move, you've not been subtle about your investigation, and the faeries that have turned Hallvardr's grave into a shrine are looking to gain his boon. They'll be after your blood as soon as they can get a good shot at you.

Ash: So, since the last few times you've been trying to close a contract for Jezebel, either Kieran or that Hateful Wind have interrupted you. Any idea what's up with that Hateful Wind, by the way? Either way, you still have to get a signature on the dotted line from some young sap like you were before the end of the week. Don't want to keep Jezebel waiting. It's unlikely there's going to be any such saps here, but you never know.

More urgently, though, Mercutio mentioned the birthday party in two days, and he even suggested that he'd transfer the debt he holds on Jezebel to you if you find a gift that's of high enough quality for him. Wouldn't that be something? But, if you get two great gifts, you could make your own impression and get the favor of this fae as well!

So, what is this fae's name, what do they look like, what makes them so special that everyone in the Menagerie is trying to suck up to them, and how are you planning on getting an invitation to their birthday party?

Also, as per your move, you've given assurances to Asbrandr that Kieran is not Ash's heir here to reforge Trollbanamadur and lay waste to Asbrandr's kin. Comforted by the knowledge, he has granted you a boon.

Dragon is a very new member in the Menagerie, and you initially underestimated her and slighted her. After Jezebel made it clear that this was very unacceptable, she forced you to return and apologize to the young, beautiful Japanese woman who is apparently a dragon reincarnated into human form.

Also, here is a move for the scene.

Repository of the Consilium Sapientis:
    When you pour through the Consilium Sapientis' stacks for valuable information, roll +Mind.
    On a 10+, it makes perfect sense, you may ask two questions about the problem at hand.
    On a 7-9, you're sure the book you found is useful, but you'll need help to figure it out.
    On a miss, the information you find reveals a dire prophesy that will soon come to pass.

Also, when you leave, roll +Power for your gift bag. That move is a ~secret~ for now.

Capfalcon on
    edited June 2016
    Jan the Veteran
    Stats: Blood -1, Heart 1, Mind 2, Spirit 0
    Factions: Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 0, Wild 1
    Harm: 0/5 (None) | Corruption: 0/5 | Armor: 0

Jan stormed into the soiree in his usual cloud of growled greetings, purposeful insults, and occasional acknowledging nods. These things were always trying for the old watcher, a reminder that he used to be a player. He pulled the book he'd brought out from inside his jacket -- part of a bespoke three-piece suit that made the old, bearded troll hunter look not unlike an ancient archaeology professor -- and began flipping through it. Several of the Consilium's members looked over at him, many of the gazes full of avarice. He was carrying one of the last remaining vǫlur texts surviving the cruel mercies of the Catholic Church. The Consilium had sought its addition to their archives many times, but the old hunter had steadfastly refused to offer it to them.

If he hadn't needed it to help finish the circlet for Cat, he wouldn't have brought it at all, of course. But Ása was supposed to be here and she was the only person he could think of who would be able to help him find the crystallized eye he needed for the focus. The huldra would typically ignore him, but if she heard he had the texts she would certainly come and speak with him. She was one of the few members of the Menagerie whom Jan genuinely enjoyed the company of, but she tended to avoid him, especially in public settings.

He idly fingered the cold iron rings nobody ever noticed, his safeguard against being "disarmed" in public places where the Storm Court might try to make a play. On the left hand, of course. He put the book away, some wistful gazes following it, and turned his attention to the most physically fit party-goers. These were likely to be the hunters or werewolves, either of which Jan could tolerate the company of. Some might actually have potential. The young woman, Hanna Iannelli, had supposedly put down a pair of vampires a month back, by herself. Jan knew better, of course, she'd come to him for the -- what had she called them? -- 'UV bombs.' Whatever that meant. Still, the fundamentals were the same as any other explosive device Jan could fashion, so he'd figured out how to make what was essentially a Vitamin D incendiary device pretty quickly. He had no idea where these kids got these ideas, though. What happened to a good, old-fashioned stake?

Hanna wasn't the only one. There was the Pole. Janusz, maybe. Big, strapping young guy who Jan had actually seen tear the arm off a grotesque hulder and more or less beat the thing to death with it. Sadly, the hulder had done little to deserve the beating (and less to deserve the death) and Jan wasn't sure Janusz realized his mistake. He might be more talent than skill, a hard sort of student to handle. After all, the hulder are not trolls.

Ardent on
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    The dress code is non-existent for this sort of event, but much to the disappointment of a few members of the Menagerie, clothes of some sort are required. Also, carrying anything more than a ceremonial ancient weapon is forbidden. How are you dressed and what sort of entrance do you make? Is there anyone there you’ve been meaning to see? How long do you plan on staying?

I'm dressed as I almost always am these days: simple, neutral colors, loose clothing. I arrive arm-in-arm with Violet, who's decked out in a green ball gown that I "found" and "recovered." I invited Violet to cover some cash debt I owed her, and because as unassuming as I try to look it doesn't hurt to show off a little to the other Consilium members.
    Cat: Surely this is the perfect place to find out more about that beast you saw. Anyway, members of the Consilium Sapientis in good standing have to add a significant tome to the repository every year. What did you give them, and how did you get it?

A book of Fae poetry that Camille had given to me (through one of her followers -- I've never spoken with Camille directly) as a gift in exchange for a vision I shared with another follower that had saved her quite a bit of money on a deal that was destined to go bad.
    Who here was in a vision that gave you a splitting headache last night, and why are you steering clear of them for now?

Ash. I saw her meeting with Jezebel, and while the vision was too blurry and confused (likely because Jezebel was -- consciously or unconsciously -- interfering with it) to identify anyone but Ash or to make out any specific words, I did get the feeling they were talking about me, and I'm not a fan.
    Also, why are you going to this much trouble for Kieran, anyway? You don't really strike me as the... do gooder type.

Having a hunter alive and in my debt can't be a bad thing, and if digging around in some musty books and my own visions can keep him alive and in between me and any vampires, werewolves, or other fucking bullshit I'll happily make that trade.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Foretellings.

Foretellings:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=3, 6]

[OOC] I might be crazy but I think Kieran is missing a debt on me. In addition to "Cat saw Kieran in a prophecy..." from my playbook I think I also ended up with, "Someone has enlisted you to protect them from something very dangerous..." from his playbook.

[OOC] I might be crazy but I think Kieran is missing a debt on me. In addition to "Cat saw Kieran in a prophecy..." from my playbook I think I also ended up with, "Someone has enlisted you to protect them from something very dangerous..." from his playbook.

Yep, looks like you're right.

Also, to help keep me sane, could everyone start their posts with a header like this:

Cat, the Oracle
    Stats: Blood 0, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 2
    Factions: Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 1, Wild 1

It makes it a lot easier to remember important stuff about the character and is less flipping between tabs for me. Thanks!

i'm basically trying to figure out a non-ridiculous way for my guy to have smuggled a weapon in. or at least a method that was creative if it's ludicrous

Egos wrote: »
    i'm basically trying to figure out a non-ridiculous way for my guy to have smuggled a weapon in. or at least a method that was creative if it's ludicrous
    You brought someone a present! A big, long, boxed present.

edited June 2016
    Sorry, Memorial day weekend ended up being super busy
    Daniel the Spectere
    Stats: Blood 1, Heart 0, Mind -1, Spirit 2
    Factions: Mortality 0, Night 1, Power 0, Wild 1

I enter the party clothed in a bloody suit. A bold choice possibly, if it wasn't my only one. I nod greetings at a couple of familiar faces, but don't stop to talk. I'm not good at socialization with the living, I worry someone will ask about my family, or how I died, or any of the other myriad things I hate to talk about. I mean, who thinks how you died is an appropriate question to ask someone? Who leads off a conversation with "What was the worst, most terrifying, most painful moment of your entire life". That's not fucking small talk.

I can't even grab an hors d'oeuvres or a glass of wine. If Sally wasn't up the past three nights coughing I wouldn't be here. But she is and I am. I haven't been careful enough at keeping my family under wraps. Then again, my picture did make the paper when I died, towards the back on a slow news day but still. Someone determined could have always found him, and I didn't realize at first how many enemies a dead man can make. Everything you do pisses somebody off.

Gunter is here, looking around constantly, scanning the crowd. One of Jan's old buddies. Head in a buzz cut, muscled with tattoos. He likes to mention his time in the German Army, as if they didn't just draft everyone and he didn't spend the whole time inside his own borders. Itching a spot on his hip where he normally carries a gun, and clearly wishes he did right now. He wants his privacy, and I'm fine with giving it to him. No point making a paranoid Watcher mad.

Sera on the other hand, owes me, and I mean to call in my Chit. Tell her what's been going on with my daughter and have her ask questions. Try to keep it so no one connects those questions with me, so they can't connect it back to my daughter. I need help, but these bloodsuckers (figuratively and literally) hear that you need something and they come out of the woodwork.

Neaden on
    Ash, the Fallen
    Stats: Blood 1, Heart 2, Mind -1, Spirit 0

Ash glides through the room, dressed in a fantastic ruffly blue dress that makes her look like the knockout she is, glass of expensive malbec in hand. The Consilium might be stuffy bores, but they at least have good taste in wine. She sweeps from person to person, saying hellos here, subtle nods there. A few of the younger women, perhaps guests of more important attendees, start to trail her, drawn by her magnetic presence. For now, Ash ignores them, but marks them as possible targets for later. She sees Kieran enter the room, and studiously ignores him - no desire to have him interfere with her tonight, if at all possible.

Her mind drifts to Mercutio's request. Lord Escalus, the oldest fae in the hemisphere, had requested gifts for his 500th birthday - an odd request, as according to prophecy he was fated to die at the stroke of midnight. Surely, Ash thought, something in one of these tomes must be something that the old being might like, or tell her where such a thing could be found. Ash knew something about giving old men some pleasure in their final days, but she somehow expects that the old fae had different tastes. The invitation would be easy enough - Sebastian, the mayor's aide, was being sent on behalf of the mayor, and what better opportunity for a second date?

Ash sees Dragon at the other side of the room, talking with a few elderly and distinguished men with polished staves, and her mouth involuntarily twists into a grimace. How was she to know the girl was actually a real dragon? Sure the tattoos were impressive, but Ash had seen equally impressive at a couple different tattoo parlors. Ash should have been more diplomatic anyway, but Dragon's outfit really had looked like it was from the Salvation Army - how was she to know it was authentic Heian peasant garb? Settling a smiling mask on her face, she prepares to go over and apologize to the girl.

[OOC] Glad I started a trend of posting actual fashion pictures as reference. Fashion is pretty cool.

[OOC] Figured I'd save you all some research. Hulder is just the Scandinavian term for faeries. They've got a lot of specific kinds of their own, like the huldra which are...like dryads. But it's not wrong to refer to any of them as hulder, including the ones that have a close resemblance to their Germanic and Celtic cousins.

Just waiting on @Egos entry.

edited June 2016
    [OOC]it's not for lack of caring. I'm hitting writers blog trying to come up with a good reason (read: non lame) he was able to smuggle a weapon into a heavily guarded event hosted by wizards.

edit:If I can't think of something better in the next 2 hours I'll just go with the least lame of the three I came up with so far.

Egos on
    [OOC] In my experience you can rarely go wrong in a PBtA game if you just pick the most interesting reason. Don't worry about logic -- worry about what will create the best storytelling opportunities.

[OOC] Non traditional weapon? Magic summoning ability or a transforming weapon (think Riptide in the Percy Jackson books)? Claiming it's part of your religion?

[OOC] yeah a few things crossed my mind...like gun being dissembled and made part of a sculpture (was thinking snake). Or like part of a meal. The less romantic one was having the crowbar left by service drones or waitstaff... but In not sure how I would walk around with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQKkCMDaN54

If it's really stumping you, you don't have to answer it.

edited June 2016
    Kieran, The Hunter
    Stats: Blood 2, Heart 0, Mind 1, Spirit -1
    Factions: Mortality 1, Night 1, Power 1, Wild -1

Kieran saunters into the party wearing “good for all occasions” tuxedo. He’s a bit uncertain why the fuck he was even invited: he assumes either to be ensnared or offered a chance to join the dark side. If that was a thing, regardless he had a job to do. As such he didn’t come unprepared.

Earlier that week, Rasmus has introduced Kieran to a wizard affectionately dubbed “Ludwig the Mad” or as he just preferred to be called Ludwig. An odd sort, Ludwig was a misanthropic wizard whose apparent reputation and power had earned him the privilege of hating his peers while still having their respect. With little coercing, Ludwig had agreed to smuggle in Kieran’s pistol to the party via trojan horse….well more like trojan snake.

The wizard originally hadn’t planned on going to the party, but the idea of a hunter attending amused him. He would offer up an anatomic statue of the two headed serpent, Nehebkau. Inside the serpent’s organs he would carefully conceal pieces of Kierans disassembled pistol.

Ludwig made sure to talk about his exploits in a boisterous enough fashion to allow Kieran to retrieve the parts without drawing attention. Later assembling the gun in one of the bathroom stalls.
    ---
    The affair had proven tamer than Kieran thought it would be...for better or worse he expecting things to be more “magik-y”. Aside from Ludwig, a big shot named Balthazar was in attendance. A wizard who had been consolidating power in the city. Kieran had some concerns, he might try to bring Cat into the fold- but so far that didn’t appear to be the case.

A bit uncertain as to why he was even at the this meeting of the magi, Kieran headed to the bar where he ordered several bloody marys. The people at the bar were surprisingly friendly considering he was decidedly not one of the awakened. It helped him take his mind off the recent fender bender he had been in….

Egos on
    Cat, the Oracle
    Stats: Blood 0, Heart -1, Mind 1, Spirit 2

Cat nods Violet over to the bar and makes her way to the librarian in charge of check-ins and check-outs for this event, Sebastian Stoddard, a nervous-looking man with a narrow face and short-but-ungroomed brown hair. Sebastian didn't much care for Cat. Cat barely acknowledged Sebastian's existence.

After dropping off the book Cat makes their way to the bar, where Violet has ordered two whiskey-cokes (doubles, of course) and slides one to Cat as they arrive. Cat downs the first half in one gulp, but then leans back against the bar and sips. There will be plenty of time to dig through the stacks, but for now Cat just wants to see and be seen.

OOC: @Capfalcon in general how much initiative/action do you want us to take after an intro scene like this? Should we immediately move into whatever we want to do or do you want to setup responses/complications first?

Either way I think this is an appropriate opening move for Cat.

Ba-doo-dee-doo.

I broke the game

edited June 2016
    Ash: Dragon, wearing a much less conservative ensemble of a fetching bejeweled necklace and a deep red evening gown, notices you as you approach and waves off the wizards. They seem mildly miffed, tossing you a vaguely annoyed look, but they don't object. She hands her empty glass to an empty, floating serving tray, and then walks over to the bar near Cat. Cat's been pretty cagey around you, but she's given some good advice. What's the last thing issue she helped you with?

Also, what did you do that made Violet a big fan of yours?

Cat (and Ash): As you sit down, the young, japanese woman named Dragon (which rumor says is actually a no-shit dragon) joins the two of you near the bar. She appears more focused on the approaching Ash than the pair of you, as initially, she only talks to Ash.

"Ashley. A pleasure I'm sure. Are you having a good evening? Keeping out of trouble... further trouble, I hope?"

Then she turns to address the three of you "The hosts here are such a bore, but the venue is to die for. They have books that even I haven't read. So what are you planning on checking out here?" As she blinks, you swear you see her pupils go cat-eye'd for a moment before they return to normal on the next blink.

Cat: What does Violet plan on checking out, anyway?

Kieran: Probably feel a lot safer having that gun in the party, huh? And, aside from Ludwig occasionally looking your way, as if he expected you to start gunning down wizards any second now, no one seems the wiser. But, you've attracted a few more mundane followers. Janusz, a local hunter, pulls you to one side and offers you a proposition, "Heard about you. Pretty impressive! Got some plans after this that you might be interested in. No details now. Walls have ears. But, you up for some some work tonight?"

You also notice Ash moving in on Cat and her friend. Not like you've been watching for Ash or anything, right?

Daniel: Sera's dressed in a suit (including a fedora) more fitted for the cover of a gumshoe novel than a classy party like this. She does a double take when you approach, as she's still learning the ropes of this supernatural thing. But, she does see and hear you without you needing to manifest directly. Guess she's just one of those people with a slight enough gift to be able to see ghosts. In the meantime, she responds to your request, saying, "Oh, you just want me to pound some pavement for you? Yeah, can do, Dannie boy. And don't worry. If anyone asks, I'll just say it's for a case. A private case." She gets a bit of information about your daughter, takes a look at a picture, and is then off to the races!

So, you're gonna have to give her a bit of time to work. Anyway, what bone do you have to pick with Asa? Specifically, something she did two nights ago?

For calling in a debt on mortality, you would mark mortal, but... it's already marked. Ah well.

Jan: As expected, Ása excuses herself from the conversation she's having with a pair of werewolves as soon as she sees you. The book is really doing the trick. After a bit of small talk and further appreciation of the book, Ása says, "So, a crystal eye. What do you want it for, and what are you willing to pay for it?" She's still paging through the book as she speaks, but after she asks her questions, she looks up at you, expectantly.

So, what does Ása look like right now and what does she look like under her glamor?

Also, feel free to take initiative on declaring people are here or anything like that! The only request I make is, if someone fails a move in the same general scene as you, don't run ahead. Like, one post, max.

Capfalcon on
    I nod at Sera as she prepares to leave, she better not screw this up. Oh well, it's out of my control now. Just like so much in my old life.

After Sera's gone I'm alone at the party. Can't let it seem to obvious that I was only here to talk to her, who knows what everyone would make of that. Asa's here too, that slimy toad. She screwed me over a couple nights ago, when I was doing a favor for a damn bloodsucker. I was messing with some rich old businessman, moving some things around his house, spying on his phone calls, you know. No idea why, but I owed a favor to someone who owed a favor and it got passed along into this. Anyway, Asa comes by, says it's nothing personal, then banishes me, kicking me out of the house and erecting wards to stop me from coming back in. She was so smug when she did it too.

So I head over for her and Jan. Gotta show that I'm not pissed off, even though I am. I head over to the pair of them and flash my best smile.
    "Jan, Asa" I say "Hope you are enjoying this party. The food seems good, I think I saw some foie gras even Jan. Do they eat that in Nor-Where you come from?"

Cat tries to keep their expression calm as Dragon both drags Ashley towards them and barely acknowledges Cat. They take another large pull from their drink and try to inject themselves in between Violet and, well, the trouble these two would definitely cause. Cat didn't want to bring Violet into this world, but Violet's curiosity about the possibly divine owner of the White Angel had hit a fever pitch and somehow she had heard about this party -- Cat insisted they hadn't let it slip during a bender, and may even believe that.

Cat forces a smile at Dragon, "I was thinking about a book on, I dunno, Japanese mythology?"

Ása is wearing the form a young, redheaded woman in a tight black dress. Jan knows that her actual form isn't that much different than this if you ignore the tufts on the ends of her ears, the hole in her back, and the moss that grows on her feet. Which he does, mostly, because she's pleasant and trustworthy as hulder go.

"Ya, a crystal eye," the old watcher says. "I'm trying to finish a circlet I think will help a young oracle control her visions a bit." He discusses the theory a bit -- Ása would know enough already that revealing the rest wouldn't allow any eavesdroppers to replicate the design without coming to one of them. "As far as what you want in exchange, you know what I can offer. Consider what you need; a trade is best if we both feel like we're getting the better end of it."

Jan turns as the specter approaches. He's not terribly fond of ghosts but Daniel has proven himself to be an alright kind of haunt. "Not Norway, but I spent a decade there when I was younger chasing after Hallvardr. Fled Iceland -- that's where I'm from, by the way -- for Norway figuring he'd duck me. Almost did for a couple of years. I killed three dozen trolls across the Scandinavian peninsula before I found out where Hallvardr was hiding, and he takes off again..." Jan trails off, realizing neither of them wanted to hear about his bête noire. After all, the troll was dead now. His mind backtracks and he dives back into the conversation. "No, no foie gras. But we have kæstur hákarl. You'd hate it."

Kieran, The Hunter
    Stats: Blood 2, Heart 0, Mind 1, Spirit -1
    Factions: Mortality 1, Night 1, Power 1, Wild -1

Kieran gives Janusz a quick once over before responding:

"Sure, why not.. Nothing better to do" he says dryly.

He pauses for a moment as he is distracted by the sight of Cat, Ashleigh and the mysterious Asian woman. Turning from the bar , he raises his glass and gestures so as his cocktail stick is aimed toward the woman in the red dress.

"Any idea what her story is?"

OOC: Can we do "figure out someone" on a npc or just pcs?