As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] plays Dune

Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
Hey guys, remember Dune?

Dune-Frank_Herbert_03.jpg

Cryo Interactive made a game out of it!

Dune_mega-cd.png

Featuring advanced options
05_021_mixer_panel_2_zpse555c240.png

And a sequence where you have to travel on a sandworm for ages to find a place, listening to trippy music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjHon6yg-r8

I don't know about you folks, but I think that these video games are here to stay

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Atreides nuts, son!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    @21stCentury your pixelated interpretation of the waifu is appreciated. Respeck.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I know this is more of an SE++ joke, but I don't care:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Video Games are a fad. They'll be gone tomorrow

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    1EilY.gif

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    http://thelastmessagereceived.tumblr.com/

what an absolutely tragic tumblr

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    *watches Atari fall short of projections*

IT'S A FAD!

*panic sells*

EDIT: BEATEN!

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    a5ehren wrote: »
    I know this is more of an SE++ joke, but I don't care:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

No this is definitely a chat joke and i love it

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Anime, however, is here to stay.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Flash in the pan if I ever saw one.

Who would want to sit in a house and stare at a TV when they can play real stickball with Johnny Jamerson?

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    You have no need of your [chat] with me Gurney Halleck.

/holds up signet butt

• Options
    DuneOrStarTrekFirstContactGuess!.gif

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Dune is Rad as fuck. I would love for it to get the HBO series treatment after Game of Thrones is done.

• Options

Anime, however, is here to stay.

Anime is a timeless medium perhaps the purest distillation of expression known to man uguu~~

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I think playing with winky and p10 yesterday we got Volskaya once

Don't remember seeing gibraltar though, or route 66

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The return on investment in this [chat] is too low.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I would watch the entire movie of dune redubbed by those guys like 6 times in a row

put your goddamn hand in this goddamn box of pain

override367 on
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Dune is Rad as fuck. I would love for it to get the HBO series treatment after Game of Thrones is done.

Speaking of hard-to-film sci-fi, someone (I think HBO?) is working on a Foundation series. I haven't heard anything about it in a year or two, though.

• Options

Holy shit high budget sandworms and the obligatory explicit sex scenes

*sweats*

• Options
    edited May 2016

*sweats*

Fuck yeah, the frank herbert's dune tv series was actually not bad except for the abysmal budget and singular titty scene

Give me space game of thrones!

override367 on
  • Options
    I've never seen David Lynch's Dune and despite everyone cautioning against it and its apparent terribleness I feel like I have to watch it

it is my destiny

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Speaking of hard-to-film sci-fi, someone (I think HBO?) is working on a Foundation series. I haven't heard anything about it in a year or two, though.

That seems impossible

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I wanted to talk about plea bargaining some more. I had a long post all prepped for post reply and then it disapeared. DAMN YOU PREVIOUS [CHAT]!

• Options
    edited May 2016
    HBO should do the culture, they can throw in tons of sexposition without deviating from the books to keep the attention of the viewers who don't know who these characters are but she has nice boobs ill keep watching

they'd have to change up the space battles a ton from the books though, make em like galactica where the camera zooms all over the place

override367 on
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

That seems impossible

It could work as a set of mini-series where you dump the whole cast every season or two and jump 300 years in the future, maybe? It would be really hard.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Overwatch needs some improvements to the party system.

1) The social menu should show which of my friends are in parties together

2) It really fucks I now have a leavers penalty of -75%xp cause I keeping getting party invites and joining them.

• Options
    80's era Kyle MacLachlan as desert space jesus? I mean come on. the 80s really were a shitty decade. No one knew how to appreciate art

• Options
    The Ender wrote: »
    *watches Atari fall short of projections*

IT'S A FAD!

*panic sells*

That's what you get for diving into bubbles

*Buys four copies of Youngblood #1*

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I've never seen David Lynch's Dune and despite everyone cautioning against it and its apparent terribleness I feel like I have to watch it

it is my destiny

It's not terrible. It's very stylized though. Kyle Maclachlan is awesome.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

That seems impossible

It is a statistical certainty

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

it is my destiny
    uhhhh it is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is dumb
    its got creepy gingers, sting is nearly naked, and none of it makes any sense

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

it is my destiny
    Sting's costume changed my life.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

*sweats*

Fuck yeah, the frank herbert's dune tv series was actually not bad except for the abysmal budget and singular titty scene

what titty scene? I've watched that miniseries a few times and I dont remember any rude fremen thumpers.

• Options
    HBO should do the culture, they can throw in tons of sexposition without deviating from the books to keep the attention of the viewers who don't know who these characters are but she has nice boobs ill keep watching

they'd have to change up the space battles a ton from the books though, make em like galactica where the camera zooms all over the place

If I don't get some Kwisatz Haderdong I'm going to riot

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    @Mazzyx

Okay, that makes sense about them not resetting MMR. It seemed down right weird how good everyone was. I've been in a lot of FPS game launches before, including ones with open betas, and never seen people that good on day 1 before.

That was a blast. I got DCed partway through because I had the temerity to use the bathroom, and the AFK timer is really tight.

• Options

it is my destiny

Rifftrax movie night!

• Options
    There is so much internal dialogue and incredibly complex religious/spirit/anthropology stuff in Dune that I highly doubt it will ever be able to be faithfully recapitulated in a visual medium.

• Options
    80's era Kyle MacLachlan as desert space jesus? I mean come on. the 80s really were a shitty decade. No one knew how to appreciate art

I will not be trolled, for trolls are the mind killer. Hakks is the little death that brings total frustration.

• Options

*sweats*

what titty scene? I've watched that miniseries a few times and I dont remember any rude fremen thumpers.

There was that bit where Paul's crazy younger sister was banging everyone in the palace all spice'd out nymphomaniac but I don't remember if a titty fell out

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Am I right that each of us has a mental screenplay for Dune ready to produce if someone would just ask us to make it though?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
This discussion has been closed.