As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] plays Dune

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My favorite achievement on Xbox is flawless raider in Destiny. Doing the raid in one session and no one can die at any point. It was a wonderfully tense 1.5 hours.

I think @Sir Landshark then sent a big finger my way afterwards and did it solo.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I've got the Poland Can Into Space cheevo for Civ 5, I should try and get the same cheevo in EU4

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    My favourite achievement is Hero of the Tribe, which is worth 500 points and part of the game Brave: The Spirit Within or whatever.

It was one of the worst games I ever played. But I like achievements and was motivated to get that weirdly high value one.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Fk idk how to do this on mobile

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Also story so Kalinske worked for Mattel then shit went down and he ended up at Matchbox who was failing behind Hot Wheels by a large margin. So he sorted things out one by shifting production to cheaper places and others. Sales/profits went up except in Spain so he goes there and shows a business card to a Taxi driver cause he has no idea how to speak the language.

So he is taken to a warehouse where the driver is insistent he is at the right place so he goes in and sees a factors putting out cars. so he uses a phone and calls his protoge and asks

"I didnt think we had a factory in Spain?

"We don't they are all in Asia now"

"Well I'm in Spain and I'm standing in one"
    a few seconds pass
    "TOM GET OUT OF THERE NOW" as Tom realizes there are a bunch of not friendly people looking at him now.

at this time Tom realizes he is in a counterfeit production factory, drops the phone and bolts out to the cab yelling vamanos vamonos.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Why do all the Xbox live videos load like a dog?

It's 15meg, you don't need to buffer 8 times

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    For the time being I think I'm not gonna try to get Flawless Raider, wanna see if it'll happen naturally.

Elki wrote: »
    My favorite achievement on Xbox is flawless raider in Destiny. Doing the raid in one session and no one can die at any point. It was a wonderfully tense 1.5 hours.

I think @Sir Landshark then sent a big finger my way afterwards and did it solo.

Idk doing it as a group (especially if you did it in vog) may well be harder

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Aww I dont get xp for custom games. Those are the only ones I can play! :(

Neco on
    Fk idk how to do this on mobile

I just went to the dvr page to watch it with sound.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sir Landshark/video/17871352

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Sweet thanks!

Man i had so much fun tonight. Took me back to high school/college days of playing halo with porp and my brothers in my parents basement

I think "Sir Landshark" then sent a big finger my way afterwards and did it solo.

Idk doing it as a group (especially if you did it in vog) may well be harder

We wiped twice because of rocket launcher related accidents.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I've got Don't Touch Me's and a MIDA, I should really try soloing Crota's End at some point.

I need a lot of practice to learn how to cross the bridge solo.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Twilight Garrison makes it easier now, right?

I greatly enjoyed the exploitability of the first parts of Crota

And hate, hate, hated the way that none of the hard mode strategies felt like anything more than exploits.

You stand on this stupid ledge that probably isn't how it was intended to be played, screw you bungy

Everything about the thrall run is fun though

Whether you're doing it normally or lamp jumping or whatever

I could solo it as any class. Which was fun! Warlock and Hunter were so tight on the timing though.

Titan the best

cB557 wrote: »

Hunter only.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2016

Hunter only.
    I specifically remember seeing a tutorial on how to sword fly that gap that showed one for each class. Unless they changed that in Y2?
    Wait no yeah they definitely didn't change that because that CE speedrun that got posted in the Destiny thread was done with a Titan.

cB557 on
    Boners of Eao make that easier

The abyss is wonderful because it's a playground where many approaches work as long as you kept on running. It's the opposite of the actual Crota fight.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    You can still do it with any class. Some classes are just easier than others.

Hunter is pretty particular in your timings, not a lot of margin for error.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Bleric that is hella interesting to me because I doubt the children of those parents even use those terms earnestly. Why is urban culture what parents try and interface with when failin at hipness

Are there no cliches of how white, non poor teens speak for parents to mangle

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Apparently this is some Titanfall 2 stuff

Artwork

http://i.imgur.com/FZduJPL.jpg
    I've been sitting on some Titanfall 2 information that was shared with me, and I've finally got the go ahead to post.
    Titanfall 2 will release in October and the Mountain dew leak is indeed legitimate. They've added a ton of new pilot abilities including the addition of a grappling hook. My source said you can use it quite extensively, for getting into your Titan, aiding free-running, or tactical plays such as pulling enemies while they're midair. The pre-order bonus will be a handgun called the Violator. Multiplayer maps are bigger which I can assume they upped the player count to go along with them.
    The left side of this will be the box art.
    Stay tuned.

The abyss is wonderful because it's a playground where many approaches work as long as you kept on running. It's the opposite of the actual Crota fight.
    Even the speedrun tech for it is great.
    You just do that thing Titans can do with looping sword slices into TwiGar air dashes into lift and you just fly over the entire stills to that last lantern.

Organichu wrote: »
    Bleric that is hella interesting to me because I doubt the children of those parents even use those terms earnestly. Why is urban culture what parents try and interface with when failin at hipness

Are there no cliches of how white, non poor teens speak for parents to mangle

Non poor white teens are named Preston and Gweniffer and talk about their tennis rackets and sweater vests.

Also they are obsessed with senior prom

Even the speedrun tech for it is great.
    You just do that thing Titans can do with looping sword slices into TwiGar air dashes into lift and you just fly over the entire stills to that last lantern.

I tried this and got lost. Oops.

I should write teen tv drama since I understand them so well.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    My favorite cheevo moment of all time was when No Man Left Behind popped at the end of my first Mass Effect 2 game. People can talk shit on achievements but the tension of that whole last section - of the whole game, really, as I had been painstakingly doing everything that seemed likely to give me that result - was palpable and overwhelming and the relief I felt when I saw that my efforts had paid off was equally overwhelming. The real-world situation of my own desire to get the achievement cleanly, without looking anything up (not that I could, as I beat the game on the Friday after release) put me in a state oddly sympatico to the characters - every decision actually felt like it was brimming with life-or-death import.

My second most welcome achievement was getting the pacifist achievement in DXHR, although this was a combination of game challenge and the more prosaic fact that enemies remained on maps until you exited and all sorts of misfortunes could befall their unconscious form while you were on the other side of the level, which apparently sunk quite a few dudes' runs.

rRwz9.gif
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    ~affects mid-Atlantic accent~

I say, old bean. How's about we go down to the club and play a round. Afterward, we can drink virgin gimlets and smoke these wretched cigars I stole from my father's writing desk while we sexually harass the waitstaff.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

You won't believe Madison's prom dress.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    kedinik wrote: »

Omg what is it?!

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

Omg what is it?!

Horse-tassel chic.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

Omg what is it?!

Horse-tassel chic.

oh that is so last year

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    status update

I am v drunk

there is still no viable way of asking out a bartender

this life

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i wonder how bad hotel Transylvania 2 is. . .

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.