As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Oh god. This means ninjas.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Oh god. This means ninjas.

Does it?

The whole level's in a hospital, and none of the other unlockables had anything to do with the location

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    it means the ninjas

are us

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    for real though I wish one of he unlockable elusive target outfits is ninja clothes

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    https://hitman.com/en-gb/news/episode-6-hokkaido-release-notes

Interestingly 47's loadout will be limited until reaching lvl 20 in Hokkaido.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »
    https://hitman.com/en-gb/news/episode-6-hokkaido-release-notes

Interestingly 47's loadout will be limited until reaching lvl 20 in Hokkaido.

wonder what that means and why

is it something to do with starting locations, and checking yourself in as a customer? who knows.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7QK8aJf0w
    The Giant Bomb crew, aka "The Clouseau of Assassins," has given up and brought in two of the lead developers on the game to finally explain how to play Hitman

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Hokkaido done, fun map, haven't seen half of it yet but no doubt i will be having plenty of fun when i have time from Skyrim.
    And a new elusive target tomorrow, yay.

• Options
    Hokkaido is pretty great. I starts off in the same way as Paris or the summer Sapienza mission, where it seems impossible to breach the first layer of security, and you have to probably pay attention, but once you do, everything opens up.

the story
    I'm really not sure if it was intended to end this way all along, or if they did decide to scale things back as it became more obvious that they were going to do a second season but it's a bit dissapointing. The story is not really what i was here for anyway, but it's just not a particularly satisfying ending to anything.

• Options
    it's a really bloody hard level, and, more than any other level, it forced me to get creative and not just follow along with the opportunities

some of the decisions are a bit restrictive, and I really had to think so many steps ahead with some of my runs so far, and sometimes it feels like you can lock yourself out of certain important things, but it's still very good

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hokkaido is a really cool level and I'm excited to look up stuff about it now that I've completed one run.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I will say, with the first season complete, HITMAN is the best James Bond game to have ever been made

• Options
    I am so hating this elusive target.

• Options
    Preliminary ranking of the season's levels, even though I haven't fully explored Japan yet

Italy - Japan - Morrocco - USA - Thailand - France

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Preliminary ranking of the season's levels, even though I haven't fully explored Japan yet

Italy - Japan - Morrocco - USA - Thailand - France

I'd probably go:

Thailand - Japan - France - Italy - Morocco - USA

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I think I'd go Italy, Japan, USA, Thailand, France, Morocco

edit: and I still do like morocco

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am being conspired against.

Yesterday I get home to try the new map. 4 gig update. Damn, must be the new level oh well not much time anyway. Why it didn't do this anyway while in rest all day I don't know.

Today get home to try the new level. Oh I have to go to the psn store and actually "purchase" it. Oh it is also 4 gig.

Then I did the new elusive target. Found where they came upstairs and reloaded, ran ahead of them and drop;ed a phone on the stairs. Target tells guard to pick it up. Guard does. Still standing very close to both targets. Welp sorry bud.

Explosion, mission complete I am out.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited November 2016
    christ, Hokkaido certainly does just keep on throwing obstacles in your path. I feel like certain things aren't available unless you really start planning for them from the moment you start the mission. There are just chains and chains of "well I need this disguise to get here, and the only way to get that disguise is if I have this one, which means breaking in past this bit which probably means getting this disguise and oh shit i think I left that disguise in that room that I can't access anymore because the disguise is behind a locked door that needs the disguise to open it"

edit: there's this one infuriating bit where I went through all this setup to do something, and then game literally had a character say "no, I shouldn't actually do this thing, it would be silly, let's just continue on like nothing happened"

Lalabox on
  • Options
    I really like how dense and complex Japan is

It really feels like you're up against it like you should for the finale

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I really like how dense and complex Japan is

It really feels like you're up against it like you should for the finale

i sometimes feel like they take it too far for certain things, but yeah

• Options
    thinking about it, I think this might be by favourite game of 2016

I've spent enough time with it that i'm intimately familiar with its flaws and limitations, and I really hope that they change up some of the mechanics for s2

but at the same time, I can't think of any other game that I've had this much fun with, and which I just keep on feeling compelled to come back to.

their release schedule really worked for me, and it's been great.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Finished my first run of Japan.
    Pretty much knew I was going to hack the AI the moment they mentioned the AI, so I started looking for ways to do that.
    Followed the director, looking for a opportunity to take him out, saw him snack from the bar, so I went on a search for rat poison.
    Eventually found the pipes on the side of the building, and made it down to the workers area where I got my first disguise.
    Sneaked into the kitchen, knocked out both chefs down there, and found the poison. I also found the fugu.
    Now, Hitman players know there's only one way to react if you have access to a chefs uniform and some fugu, so I tabled my plans for the director, and went up to fugu the lawyer to death.
    Job done, I poisoned the directors snacks, and followed him to the toilets. All was well, until I couldn't find anywhere to hide the body. And then someone else wanted to use the toilet, so that needed a new approach.
    I reloaded, and went ahead to get the guard out of the way, so I could hide both bodies before any witnesses showed up.
    Then I just had to hide and seek around the more observant employees on my way up to the AI, play an annoying game of how-the-hell-do-I-do-this to hack it, then remote stab the patient a somewhat excessive number of times.
    Pretty fun, and I can already see a few other ways to kill both targets, having overheard a number of interesting conversations on the way.
    I'm fully on board with Season Two, assuming they're working on it. A staggered release of a season per year sounds good.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Well dictator dead.
    Was going for a "proper" assassination, but after waiting for 10+ minutes for the targets to do something, anything, other than sit in their asses surrounded by 4 guards, with 6 more in next room, i gave up, restarted and was done in 30 seconds through the magic of explosives.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I went into my first run blind, but allowing myself to pursue opportunities if they pop up. Ended up looping around a lot.
    As I spawn I immediately notice a man in a pink robe and cowboy hat in the room next to me, and that I can shimmy over. By the time I get there, he leaves. There's nothing useful in his room, but there is a button to ask for help. 2 staff show up and are dispatched. I'm now staff.

As I exit the room the guy with the face transplant passes and an opportunity goes off. I follow him into the bathroom, take him and another guest out. I get let into the high security sector.

I take out a doctor, and dick around with some computer controls but it doesn't work out, the AI revives him.

I walk around and get an opportunity to become the helicopter pilot. This leads to 2 knockouts and accidental death, and I'm now the chief surgeon. But the doorguards are suspicious so I end up in the morgue.
    There I get an opportunity about mind control remote, which I found and then used. I knock out the spacing doctor and throw the heart in the trashcan.

I walk out and immediately trigger the sushi opportunity. I botch sneaking around the kitchen and 2 guards and 2 chefs up knocked out in the storage room. But I get that fish. I wait a long time to serve it, then walk to the helicopter.
    1star, Mastery 7.

It seems really dense but I do wonder if I stumbled into a top method right away.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I want to make a list of where to find the basic tools in the level.
    Like, where to find a wrench, where to find a screwdriver, where to find rat poison, etc.
    So far I've found one wrench in the garage (bottom floor, east side), and one rat poison tucked away behind a pipe in the kitchen (which I guess is a nice touch, since it's actually laid out to catch rats, rather than just on a shelf somewhere)
    Still haven't found a screwdriver anywhere.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I want to make a list of where to find the basic tools in the level.
    Like, where to find a wrench, where to find a screwdriver, where to find rat poison, etc.
    So far I've found one wrench in the garage (bottom floor, east side), and one rat poison tucked away behind a pipe in the kitchen (which I guess is a nice touch, since it's actually laid out to catch rats, rather than just on a shelf somewhere)
    Still haven't found a screwdriver anywhere.
    there's a screwdriver in the morgue, right next to the stairs that go to the helipad

there's also rat poison in the locked cabinet that's in 47's bathroom

there's a crowbar in a small room with a sleeping guard under the helipad

and there's a hammer in the main courtyard, up near the top on the restaurant side

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay did the new map once fairly cleanly. I did kill two guards. Going to need to go back and get some more mastery of Colorado to get that electronic door key thing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    This game is getting PS4 Pro support, cause boy does it seem to need it
    Offering the latest visual and technical enhancements, on the PS4 Pro, HITMAN has had a whole new layer of detail added to it; the overall resolution has been increased, aliasing reduced, reflective surfaces improved and more detailed lighting effects implemented, all without compromising the frame rate or the overall gaming experience. A clean and crisp UI rendered natively in 4K, furthermore it uses the extra memory of PS4 Pro to stream in higher quality textures, yielding more details. Agent 47 has never looked so good.

Players without 4K will also benefit from the increased resolution as the image will be downsampled to 1080p to benefit from higher quality shading and less flickering highlights.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I never thought this game needed it?

• Options
    Oh man Blood Money call back in this Japan level!
    In the morgue you can use a hack chip to open a fridge. Inside is Smith, the guy you fake the death of at the Pine Cone Rehabilitation level in Blood Money. He is very much alive and thanks you for saving him and gives you a master key to the entire place!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This entire level is callbacks.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Finally got through the last level. Man, this might be my favorite game of the year. Just so much replay and all the levels are great.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Having finally played through the last two levels, I can say with certainty that this game is on my GOTY list

Like it might be in the top five

I'm very excited to see what they do for season two, I have to imagine they learned a lot from this season and this is certainly the most well constructed game they've made since Blood Money

Story wise I don't give too much of a damn? But I really really like the tone. All they've ever had to do was tell a straight faced espionage story, lean into the spy thriller stuff, and they're actually doing it. Plus I'm glad they recognized that Absolution was a pile of burning garbage they would do well to pretend never happened

My only complaint that I wish they'd resolve in season two? Get actors from the location of the level. When I was hearing nothing but Brits and Americans in Italy and Morocco it was bad enough but Japan was the last straw! I know that the obvious explanation is that it's being translated for our benefit and 47 just knows all languages but come on

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Oh my god, I just realized

They made it through an entire Hitman game without any Hot Lady Kink Assassins

They finally did it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I haven't played this in a bit

Other than going through the rest of the levels my #1 goal is figuring out how to get away with murdering that clown in sapienza

• Options
    I haven't played this in a bit

Other than going through the rest of the levels my #1 goal is figuring out how to get away with murdering that clown in sapienza

Even worse is the genie guy in Morocco

I almost had him once but I turned my back and he despawned

All that work...

At least Colorado's silly costume is out in the open for you to get fairly easily

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    I think the best aspect of the game is its supreme deadpan

They never once let you know that the game also thinks this stuff is funny, and if they did it would be the worst

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I think the best aspect of the game is its supreme deadpan

They never once let you know that the game also thinks this stuff is funny, and if they did it would be the worst

Yes! I mean Blood Money had you disguise yourself as a giant chicken and drop a piano on somebody to kill them, but even then they didn't actually call attention to it. That was just the job

Oh! And I forgot to call out my favorite aesthetic thing about this new Hitman: they finally found a memorable musical identity that wasn't just blasting Ave Maria at dramatic moments. The music throughout the season has been very strong, very appropriate to your actions, and half the joy I get from completing a mission is the musical buildup on the way to the exit followed by that excellent victory sting

Kudos all around for that, brilliant touch

signature-deffo.jpg