As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam]: The Summer Picnic Sale has arrived! (Charity Drive info at top of OP)

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Thank you kindly @DoctorArch for your giveaway of Shantae.

I had heard this game was solid and was in the mood for a 2D platformer to temper my experiences getting killed every ten seconds in Dark Souls, so I am looking forward to playing as a half genie that can turn into an elephant.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Truly, the fastest way to my heart - for any videogame - is to let the player just kill people they don't want to deal with. Case in point, Dead State:
    "Hi there, mister militia leader man! You guys sure do have a lot of fuel here, what say we trade?"

*long rant about how Texas is their territory now, interspersed with paranoia, bigotry, and a bounty for every US soldier killed*

"Uh-huh... and, wh-what's the story with that woman you have locked up?"

*even longer rant about how 'that muslim' works for the CDC and is thus responsible for the virus, and she'll stay in the cage until she cures it*

"Right. Well, this conversation just got a lot shorter." <Attack>

I respect a game that lets you make your own ideal outcome.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Holy crap guys. I just beat binding of isaac after like 20 some hours of play. I know I'm probably the last person here to beat it, but I'm excited damnit.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Catching up on the threads after about a week away (we had a baby). Wow, Destroyah. That is all I can say.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Far Cry Primal is kinda awesome, guys.

Also, it really is pretty to look at.

Thanks again to @destroyah87 <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    mmm that new Steam thread smell.

These end in about 10 hours:

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Congratulations to @Gear Girl , @DyasAlure and @Sumanai for your two, three, and one victories respectively. Should you retain any traces of shame I will refrain from linking any particular games to any particular people.

I sent your keys via SteamGift's "Send Key" button, and DyasAlure's email address looked like it might have been a spam bucket so please have a look, let me know if you had any trouble getting keys and mark them received if they came through OK.

baudattitude on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    I won the game with the boobs. Thanks @baudattitude!

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Sigh.
    qaf8hkih9q8j.jpg
    Thanks @Viking for more Goat Sim DLC!

tqyimbe2rmn5.jpg
    And thank you @HyphyKezzy for BEARZERKERS. This did look like exactly the kind of game style I love when I first wishlisted it all those moons ago.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Holy crap guys. I just beat binding of isaac after like 20 some hours of play. I know I'm probably the last person here to beat it, but I'm excited damnit.

There are several different milestones at which it could be considered to have beaten that game. Based on your achievements, I suspect you have a lot more to see. :)

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    SteevL wrote: »

There are several different milestones at which it could be considered to have beaten that game. Based on your achievements, I suspect you have a lot more to see. :)

Oh yeah. I know there's a lot more. I was just excited to see an ending, actually "complete" a run, and unlock Eden.

anoffday on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Hyphy drops a bomb of Technobabylon on me, thanks so much!

LHjhBHh.png?1

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Ghostbusters Completed! The backlog is losing!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Ghostbusters Completed! The backlog is losing!

For now. The backlog never loses for long.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Well gave it the old college try but FFXIV just isn't for me. I'll still probably veg out to it during the free month for some mindless murder, but unless you're a Final Fantasy fan it doesn't contain much more than your standard MMO fare IMO. Thanks again @CorriganX for letting me try it out to see what the hype was about.

Also thanks to @destroyah87 for playing a game of Gremlins, Inc. only for me to rage out at the end as the depth of the mechanics/RNG is unhelpfully obfuscated by its fast pace and lack of explanation.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Playing the Witcher 1 feels like studying. Combat is as bad as I remember it, might look for a hack to reset my skills.

But I'm having so much fun playing through Vizimia, that I don't mind.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Playing the Witcher 1 feels like studying. Combat is as bad as I remember it, might look for a hack to reset my skills.

But I'm having so much fun playing through Vizimia, that I don't mind.

A guide to combat in the Witcher 1:

1) Boost Igni.

2) Boost Igni more.

3) Keep boosting Igni.

4) Make Igni have a wider AoE.

5) Don't bother with swords for 90% of the fights.

6) Boost Aard too for the few enemies that resist Igni.

In more seriousness, I didn't have as many issues with combat in the game as many people but I played it when it was new so the only other models for combat at the time were non-Mass Effect Bioware games and Diablo plus I have an easier time with rhythm based systems than most people.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    New day so reminder this is still going!
    Big Classy wrote: »

• Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    This is what I had to exit out to from finishing a pretty successful night in Dark Souls 2, 3 bosses down, including a big soul one whatever, anyway
    1cl2wyz5v1ia.jpg

Thanks @Stabbity Style for Insurgency, sneaky monster.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    State of Decay certainly benefits from valve's newest decisions concerning user reviews.

Rather impressive to see the original game and YOSE be mostly positive and mostly negative versions of one another.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    And that's another game finished. Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It was...Hmm. How do I explain this. It was a very mixed bag.

Let me start out by saying HOO BOY. It controls like hot garbage. All the ones I've played have, and it's never gotten better. They're too sticky whenever you don't want them to be sticky, too loose when you actually need the precision, and then you have the fact that fucking everything needs to be done with a combination of like 3 goddamn buttons, but they're all the same 3 buttons, so the game has to try and parse what you actually want to do (Spoilers, it's probably wrong)

Story was kind of there. The usual assassin's creed stuff. Modern day stuff was as stupid as usual, but thankfully was in cutscene form only. The characters were the real star of the show. Evie and Jacob are both interesting characters. Jacob in particular was a surprise since I was assuming he was gonna be generic assassinman Ezio 3.0 or something, but no. He had his own quirks and all that.

However, this brings me to my biggest issue with the game. After the outcry from unity not having any playable female characters at all, you'd think they'd try a bit harder here, but at times it seems like Evie was thrown in to appease those people. Now, not the whole time mind you, but she does have noticeably less missions than Jacob, the open world content not included. Hell. Jacob gets an entire goddamn chapter to himself. Plus all the actually interesting missions were Jacobs. Evie only had like one or two.

I'm going to go into some light end-game spoilers here to reinforce my point, Nothing major at all, and it's all pretty much gameplay talk.
    She is almost entirely superfluous in the final mission. Jacob does like 75% of the work.

I know the DLC remedies this, but still. It would have been nice to not need remedied in the first place.

Overall the game was just...Okay? I mean, with yearly entries you're gonna get that, yeah. But the game had so much potential and then squandered it by merely being okay. It COULD have been great, but it settled with not rocking the boat.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Real cute, state of decay. Crashing right after I circle the map and get to the trade meeting. After I clear out those zombies, after I blink and flip the car.

I just learned about the leadership skill and how caps lock lets you cheer.

A faq for the intro this game was a good read.

edit:

Kafka and eupfhoric should change their wishlists to reflect the YOSE edition.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I dropped 20 hours into State of Decay but never finished it (i suspect a bug: last 5 hours i couldn't get any new story mission).

I would try to beat it... if not for a fact, that i cannot upgrade my vanilla version to YOSE Edition without paying 27 euro.
    Pretty much every other studio lets you to buy new edition for a smaller price if you have vanilla (Deus Ex HR, Dead Island), but here there is no way to do that?

Just... go to hell, Undead Labs.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Witcher 3's 1.20 patch is live. This is the one with a bunch of UI and quality of Life changes in prep for the DLC tomorrow.

Has things like a way to track your missing Gwent cards, optional level scaling if you've managed to outlevel everything already, ability to toggle the "fish eye" effect when using Witcher Vision, etc.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Well that was an evening and morning well spent. Decided to take the pruning shears to my out of control wishlist, and its now at a manageable 98 from 343.

Looks like I was using it way too much as a bookmark for games that I might, one day, maybe, possibly be vaguely interested in.

Along with the usual gamut of 'why the hell did I wishlist that?!' moments

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    I remember when I thought it was bad that my wishlist was nearing 30 games.

Now it's at 106.

• Options
    Outcast is officially getting a remake. I've heard nothing but good things about that game, and I remember when they tried to do a kickstarter for a remake and it failed. Glad to hear they were able to acquire an alternate source of funding.

I have the original game on GOG. To be honest, I had kind of forgotten about it, but I think I'll give it a shot at some point today. I don't play the game sin my GOG library nearly enough. Looks like it got a Steam release at some point too, so that's cool.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Now it's at 106.

Yeah, using the wishlist as a memory aid tends to do that. I think I'm at something like 95 or so?

I don't keep it very pruned, though. I generally do make sure that the first twenty spots at least are stuff I do definitely want, but beyond that, it's mostly just a place to bookmark games I might be interested in so I get sales warnings.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have over 300+ on mine now, mostly because I used consoles for so long I've had very little PC game investment for nearly 10 years now.

To say I will have a backlog on my new PC would be an understatement.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Outcast is officially getting a remake. I've heard nothing but good things about that game, and I remember when they tried to do a kickstarter for a remake and it failed. Glad to hear they were able to acquire an alternate source of funding.

I have the original game on GOG. To be honest, I had kind of forgotten about it, but I think I'll give it a shot at some point today. I don't play the game sin my GOG library nearly enough. Looks like it got a Steam release at some point too, so that's cool.

HOLY SHIT! That's wonderful news, I loved that game back in the days! I remember trying out a demo that came with a copy of PCGamer, on my friends computer. It looked mindblowing back then and honestly, it's not aged that badly. Still looks great. VOXELS!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I basically abuse my wishlist as a repository for games I might someday possibly want to look at.

I have learned to get slightly better about it, though. I now use the "Follow" function when I just want to check up on how a game is doing but I don't actually "want" it ever.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Last Call
    signature.png
    Open to G&T Adventure team until 5/30 11am cst.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Now it's at 106.

Yeah, using the wishlist as a memory aid tends to do that. I think I'm at something like 95 or so?

I don't keep it very pruned, though. I generally do make sure that the first twenty spots at least are stuff I do definitely want, but beyond that, it's mostly just a place to bookmark games I might be interested in so I get sales warnings.

This is me as well. It's more a "Look into it when its on sale list".

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Looks like they're putting the charging stations into Subnautica tomorrow:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wishlist?

Tis a dangerous thing to have, I tell ya.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wishlist?

Tis a dangerous thing to have, I tell ya.

More dangerous to not have one.

• Options
    It's terrifying how you guys manage to figure out people's birthdays.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    I basically abuse my wishlist as a repository for games I might someday possibly want to look at.

I have learned to get slightly better about it, though. I now use the "Follow" function when I just want to check up on how a game is doing but I don't actually "want" it ever.

Pretty much this - I think I just got lazy and was wishlisting stuff that I wanted to keep an eye on rather than necessarily actually get at any point.

Had so many early-access games on there it wasn't even funny. I even spent a bunch of time organising my wishlist so its easier to track (all FF grouped together, 4X strategy grouped together, that sorta thing).

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Anyone here play Banished? What do we think? I'm seeing a lot of deals as of late.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Banished was great. Not perfect, but very satisfying.

• Options
    It's terrifying how you guys manage to figure out people's birthdays.

@anoffday - Dammit! We missed yours on May 18th.

/shakefist

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.