As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Monty's farts are all silent but adorable

mkc.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Shadowen wrote: »
    something I'd like to see blizzard do more is reuse old zones in the way they reused the blasted lands for the buildup to warlords of draenor. Just have new events happening in old zones for end game characters more like that. Have them be phased so only end game characters see that stuff going on, so the old stuff is unmolested for people leveling up.

Did the pre-WoD event in blasted lands erase the old stuff that was in that zone or did they do the smart thing of having them be in different phases?

Different phases. You can still do the Cata-era Blasted Lands stuff, up to level 90, at which point I think the phase automatically switches.
    There's an NPC that you can talk to in order to switch it back.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I'm talking about the 90% of Cataclysm quest content that I haven't bothered to go back and look at yet

From what Ion Hazzikostas said in this video, it seems that if they implement level scaling for old zones, it'd be more for widening the level ranges of zones, rather than everything everywhere scales with you all the way up to level 200 in patch 16.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQYTalbwrLc

The talk about fixing the leveling experience starts around 21 minutes, and the part where he mentions possibly using Legion's scaling tech is at around 25 minutes.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    I watched the Warcraft movie this weekend and now I spent my whole day looking at Legion stuff...

Strength... Fading...

I know that they did away with scrolls a while back, but there's no better way to renew than just buying time however, right?

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    something I'd like to see blizzard do more is reuse old zones in the way they reused the blasted lands for the buildup to warlords of draenor. Just have new events happening in old zones for end game characters more like that. Have them be phased so only end game characters see that stuff going on, so the old stuff is unmolested for people leveling up.

Did the pre-WoD event in blasted lands erase the old stuff that was in that zone or did they do the smart thing of having them be in different phases?

Different phases. You can still do the Cata-era Blasted Lands stuff, up to level 90, at which point I think the phase automatically switches.

That is very useful information! :D

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Goatmon wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »

That is very useful information! :D
    It's a bronze dragon in humanoid form, near the transition between blasted lands and swamp of sorrows.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I rediscovered Nobbel videos.

After his lore rundown for Legion, I'm finding it difficult to resist putting money down on a presale.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    there is some real dumb lore in Legion surrounding Illidan and I would not have it any other way

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    there is some real dumb lore in Legion surrounding Illidan and I would not have it any other way

Hahaha oh my god I just read a spoiler post for the book they released on him.
    He's a naaru champion of the light and basically a demonic angel with a halo?

God that is just...the best.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

There's a quest in Legion
    where you find a meteor containing a shard of a naaru, that you eventually manage to crack open and find a psychic message inside. A big ol' Naaru tells you to find Illidan, because he's destined to destroy all demons forever. Alright.

Then there's another I have yet to do, which I'm guessing I'll get to play as Illidan in, because I have to hunt down some memories of him.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Shit that sounds amazing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

There's a quest in Legion
    where you find a meteor containing a shard of a naaru, that you eventually manage to crack open and find a psychic message inside. A big ol' Naaru tells you to find Illidan, because he's destined to destroy all demons forever. Alright.

Then there's another I have yet to do, which I'm guessing I'll get to play as Illidan in, because I have to hunt down some memories of him.
    You play as Illidan twice. One is a pretty good one where you play as Illidan pre-Demon Hunter, and one where you literally play AS Illidan in the Black Temple, fighting a raid group of 25 "players." The second quest is as saturated with winks and nods and references as you might expect from such a throwback.

• Options
    Guys is this the first example of
    ANGELIC CORRUPTION

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    ANGELIC CORRUPTION

nope, Malthael

• Options
    edited June 2016
    That is Diablo 3 ain't nobody give a damn about Diablo.
    Also he wasn't corrupted BY angels, he was an angel that GOT corrupted.

rhylith on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    ANGELIC CORRUPTION

Well isn't
    any time someone gets demonic corruption cured really just an example of angeloc corruption

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    ANGELIC CORRUPTION

Well isn't
    any time someone gets demonic corruption cured really just an example of angeloc corruption
    No because demons are not angels, or at least not fallen Naaru that I'm using as an angel/light analogue.

Basically Illidan would just be livin his life murderin fools and conquerin worlds for the mad Titan had some benevolent force not shown up and used his manipulative light magic to change him instantly!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Man, everyone says Sargeras is a mad Titan but come on, that title belongs to Thanos.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    ANGELIC CORRUPTION

Well isn't
    No because demons are not angels, or at least not fallen Naaru that I'm using as an angel/light analogue.

Basically Illidan would just be livin his life murderin fools and conquerin worlds for the mad Titan had some benevolent force not shown up and used his manipulative light magic to change him instantly!

There is a
    Dreadlord dude except all light and good that shows up in the Priest campaign.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Wow they really did do the games workshop approach and
    the villains been the good guy all along!

Still about 1000 times leas dumb the malkeith being the phoenix king though

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Pffahahahha what. They did WHAT

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

He wasn't the good guy all along! He was totally a bad guy in BC.

But a naaru REVERSE CORRUPTED him and now he has a halo and glowy yellow eyes.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

For a second I thought you meant
    Sargeras.

• Options

Let me tell you about the end times pip

Real

Dumb

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I meant the WH witch king

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

well you see... about that.
    There's a questline that explains that illidan got all fel corrupted because he stared into the face of sarg. And that he learned that defeating the invading army wouldnt stop the legion. So he swore to himself to find another way even as he was being blinded by sargs being. So he's actually super secretly been a good guy all along you just didnt even know!

• Options

wait sorry eternity king

but Asuryan said if he stayed in the fire he would have lived he totally always meant for him to be the phoenix king

so I guess Malkith failed the big ole kingship test (everything that happened before end times was because he was a giant baby about not being king) and still got it

and every one was pretty cool with it

he was still spotlit most of the time despite there being basically two sigmar's around as well!

madness

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

well you see... about that.
    There's a questline that explains that illidan got all fel corrupted because he stared into the face of sarg. And that he learned that defeating the invading army wouldnt stop the legion. So he swore to himself to find another way even as he was being blinded by sargs being. So he's actually super secretly been a good guy all along you just didnt even know!

Illidan Stuff:
    Illidan not really being a bad guy has been like, always his thing. He keeps making extreme(ie stupid) decisions in order to save the world, but every time he always has the "greater good" in mind. Hell, the worst thing he did for the Legion was try and help to stop Arthas.

Illidan was chillin in Outland trying to build an army for when the Legion eventually comes to stomp his ass in for failing them. We kill him on the most tenuous of reasons, since it was Kael who was actually the real threat to Azeroth.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    i'll settle for callin Illidan a gigantic asshole

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Illidan was never a 'bad guy' just horrible at being a team player.

He's def an asshole, and despite the lore crowning him the ultimate chosen one or whatever, they don't really try and redeem his past actions.

• Options
    Everything Illidan does is out of love.

Love of Tyrande, love of Azeroth, love of the hatred of 10000 years.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Love of being prepared.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Love of being prepared.

Love of skulls. And eating skulls.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Illidan is Vegeta

he's a good person but he doesn't know how to be one

Xehalus on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that's ridiculous

vegeta was respectful of a woman's boundaries

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that's ridiculous

??????????

• Options
    that's ridiculous

Vegeta disrespected the muffin button.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    that's ridiculous

??????????

i think illidan's obsession with tyrande is super creepy storytelling in this day and age

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Man, it seems like baffling design choices removing quality of life stuff is gonna be a regular part of expansion launches now. First there was the spec/talent switching only being able to be done with the tome thing, making it more annoying for everyone to do in order to combat... the basically non-existent cases where people would switch while world questing in order to be 1% more effective in content most people aren't gonna bother frequently switching talents even if they could.

And now they're getting rid of the console commands for larger camera zoom-out distances. Hope you don't wanna see anything in raids other than boss butt/feet/knees as a tank/melee. And god forbid if you're a tank that's also a raid leader.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
This discussion has been closed.