As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'd like to get kills on the bosses we skipped. I think the void/fel portal guy, the arrakoa, and the eredar lady? I guess it's not that important though.

No joke if we do Iskar and you've never done it before, the group is probably better off if those people just jump off the cliff at the very beginning. It's the only encounter in the game where personal accountability gets a slew of other people killed and there's nothing they can do about it.

I think I understand the eye of anzu pretty well just from reading the dungeon journal and messing around with it in the LFR version. Basically throw it to anyone with the phantasmal debuffs on them and set up a rotation of who to throw it to to interrupt the chain lightning robot right?

The debuff can be healed off, it's generally not a big deal, and losing track of the orb is more of a hassle than it's worth. You want the orb to be swapped between whoever in P1 to keep the debuff from building too high, and then thrown to whoever has the winds debuff that pushes them off the edge. Then during the first P2 you want it to go to a healer so they can dispel the bomb from the Talon Priest. Back to P1, same as before. Second P2, throw between a tank and the healer, healer for when the bomb debuff is up, tank for when the robot is casting chain lightning. P1, same again. Last P2, give it to the tank who is tanking the bird, healer for dispels, and back to the tank on the bird (who also interrupts the robot) at all times so he doesn't explode the raid.

Problem is people who either don't realise they have the orb or just forget who it needs to go to and pass to someone who isn't expecting it, so you don't have the orb where you need it to be and someone misses one of the mechanics and everyone starts to die.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Guess I'm bookmarking this thread. I've been clean since WotLK but I hit the critical number of RL friends playing to fall off the wagon.
    Fuckers.

Anybody have a handy guide for how to Holy Pally nowadays?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I'd like to get kills on the bosses we skipped. I think the void/fel portal guy, the arrakoa, and the eredar lady? I guess it's not that important though.

No joke if we do Iskar and you've never done it before, the group is probably better off if those people just jump off the cliff at the very beginning. It's the only encounter in the game where personal accountability gets a slew of other people killed and there's nothing they can do about it.

I think I understand the eye of anzu pretty well just from reading the dungeon journal and messing around with it in the LFR version. Basically throw it to anyone with the phantasmal debuffs on them and set up a rotation of who to throw it to to interrupt the chain lightning robot right?

The debuff can be healed off, it's generally not a big deal, and losing track of the orb is more of a hassle than it's worth. You want the orb to be swapped between whoever in P1 to keep the debuff from building too high, and then thrown to whoever has the winds debuff that pushes them off the edge. Then during the first P2 you want it to go to a healer so they can dispel the bomb from the Talon Priest. Back to P1, same as before. Second P2, throw between a tank and the healer, healer for when the bomb debuff is up, tank for when the robot is casting chain lightning. P1, same again. Last P2, give it to the tank who is tanking the bird, healer for dispels, and back to the tank on the bird (who also interrupts the robot) at all times so he doesn't explode the raid.

Problem is people who either don't realise they have the orb or just forget who it needs to go to and pass to someone who isn't expecting it, so you don't have the orb where you need it to be and someone misses one of the mechanics and everyone starts to die.

To add to this in heroic typically you just bounce the eye between 2 people who know what they're doing, as the eye debuff falls off reasonably quickly.
    Making sure to throw it to each of the winded targets of course.

The biggest issue with Iskar is typically UI concerns.
    A. Can you see the wind debuff
    B. Can you see when you have the eye on you
    C. Can you actually throw the eye (It gives you an extra action button but I guess some UI's dick about with that?)

Once you get past that, it's personal responsibility all the way down, where the bad players can kill the good ones.

Funnily enough if you want to see this in action, LFR iskar is a great example. Typically the first player to pick up the eye did so because they know what they're doing. Then on the first wind they'll throw it to somebody with winds... only for that player to never ever pass the eye again the entire fight. On LFR you still finish. On Normal, Heroic, and Mythic, that's a wipe.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Renting implies payment

It's warlocks. They're all paying with their sanity and they will run the well dry eventually.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Only the weak.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

To add to this in heroic typically you just bounce the eye between 2 people who know what they're doing, as the eye debuff falls off reasonably quickly.
    Making sure to throw it to each of the winded targets of course.

The biggest issue with Iskar is typically UI concerns.
    A. Can you see the wind debuff
    B. Can you see when you have the eye on you
    C. Can you actually throw the eye (It gives you an extra action button but I guess some UI's dick about with that?)

Once you get past that, it's personal responsibility all the way down, where the bad players can kill the good ones.

Funnily enough if you want to see this in action, LFR iskar is a great example. Typically the first player to pick up the eye did so because they know what they're doing. Then on the first wind they'll throw it to somebody with winds... only for that player to never ever pass the eye again the entire fight. On LFR you still finish. On Normal, Heroic, and Mythic, that's a wipe.

in the vanilla UI having the eye and who has wind debuff is super obvious

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The room literally changes before your eyes when you get or throw the eye, but sometimes your attention just slips. I've spent so much time wiping on that boss because people just couldn't be bothered to learn how the eye works, and instead wanted to just have one person they could always throw the eye to regardless of what was going on.

It's a smart boss, but it's so goddamn frustrating because there's literally nothing you can do to make up for someone not doing it properly.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    I can only imagine Iskar is much tougher now that healers have no interrupts.

Which I dislike...!

• Options
    I can only imagine Iskar is much tougher now that healers have no interrupts.

Which I dislike...!

I don't think we ever used a healer to interrupt the lightning. If your tanks aren't with it enough to interrupt and then throw the eye in short order then what are they even doing with their lives because that's a suuuper easy job.

At least for us on mythic we also never gave the eye to a tank or healer until the add phases, so it was very much "Oh i'm holding the eye? What am I meant to be doing? Oh. Right. My job."

I also feel like having the healer hold the eye for that long (like, the entire add phase) seems really bad for them stack-wise? Sharing that burden between the tank and healer seems easiest for survivabilities sake. (But, I also question how good our tanks and healers were tbh. I think I made a rant post on that a while ago but I didn't feel like they were very good!)

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Guess I'm bookmarking this thread. I've been clean since WotLK but I hit the critical number of RL friends playing to fall off the wagon.
    Fuckers.

Face roll like your Bard <3.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    The add on Iskar Assist pretty much has the Eye issue covered. All you need is to know is which tank and healer want it outside of winds.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Fuckers.

Face roll like your Bard <3.

I already bound half my keyboard to Flash of Light, and the other half to Holy Light.
    There's some new spells I guess but they probably aren't important.

I made like 400 gold in refunds for useless currency and my librams which now apparently don't do anything.
    Then for shits I hopped into the dungeon finder and ran a Catacylsm dungeon.

Had a few wipes, but man, boss fights are really short in this. I'm too used to FFXIV.

Then after clearing the dungeon it took me 3 minutes to find the button to leave it,
    and another 3 minutes to stop looking for a return skill and remember that hearthstones are an actual physical item in your bag.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Just in case you haven't found out already, whenever you get a group with the dungeon finder, at the end you can right click your portrait and click "Leave instance group" (or something like that, can't remember the exact wording), it'll put you right back where you were in the world when you teleported to the dungeon.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    The add on Iskar Assist pretty much has the Eye issue covered. All you need is to know is which tank and healer want it outside of winds.

I agree. The problem is there are people who just want to be a told a name, and then pass it to that person regardless of what else is going on. I had so many people say to me "Look just tell me a person, then I will always pass it to them and there won't be a problem". Yes there will be a problem, because that person won't always need it and you're making it take longer because you can't be bothered to learn the orb!

I'm in charge of calls on Iskar because I do the dispels, if you hadn't figured that out.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I agree. The problem is there are people who just want to be a told a name, and then pass it to that person regardless of what else is going on. I had so many people say to me "Look just tell me a person, then I will always pass it to them and there won't be a problem". Yes there will be a problem, because that person won't always need it and you're making it take longer because you can't be bothered to learn the orb!

I'm in charge of calls on Iskar because I do the dispels, if you hadn't figured that out.

This wiped us a ton early on because people would just keep giving that shit to me.

• Options
    Iskar taught me that even with an addon the raid members need only click to activate, and a pre-determined priority list of who gets the orb, someone is going over the edge of the arena because Johnny "DPS In Void Zones" has tunnel vision.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

This wiped us a ton early on because people would just keep giving that shit to me.

I think I was usually giving it to you and Eits just because I was usually the last one to get it during Winds.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Also because we love you, Rhylith, and want to give you presents

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options

rhylith wrote: »

Normally id just sort of laugh at rhylith, but I became that person.
    I was the "Im out of ideas who to throw this to, here ya go zen." person.

Im sorry rhylith for all the times I may or may not have laughed at you in the past regarding eye throwing.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Can't mod stupid

mkc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

the guild i was raiding with back in ICC had a lot of people who were like "c'mon let's just improv it on Blood Queen, who needs a bite list?"

and it was just like, the officers would LOVE to not need a bite list, they'd ADORE winging it

but people just keep squandering that attempt to prove they can do it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I logged in and i've literally no idea what's going on anymore

Ret is totally different and I'm not sure I'm a fan.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options

the guild i was raiding with back in ICC had a lot of people who were like "c'mon let's just improv it on Blood Queen, who needs a bite list?"

and it was just like, the officers would LOVE to not need a bite list, they'd ADORE winging it

but people just keep squandering that attempt to prove they can do it

Oh that damn bite list. We put one dude way down on it because every time he got the bite he ended up pulling aggro.

• Options
    It's just so relaxing when there's a boss that you don't need to organise everyone for and they just do it without being prompted.

• Options
    I logged in and i've literally no idea what's going on anymore

Ret is totally different and I'm not sure I'm a fan.

I hate the new ret because it reminds me a lot of the BRF ret which I also grew to loathe.
    Except it's even worse than BRF ret because hammer of wrath is gone.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Fuckers.

Icy veins has class guides, but there a little unreliable right now. I think Holy Pally strengths are single target healing, even during movement. The talent choice selection really changes play style as well. I guess just experiment and spam flash of light when you're out of other ideas.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    the icy viens guides right now are for pre-legion.. I read the one for Holy and found it to be pretty incomplete/questionable advice (some of its opinions seem to be based on ideas that didn't make it to Live)

HPally changes a lot based on what content you're doing and what talents you picked. You have to spec into being a Beacon/Flash Heal turret as opposed to it coming standard.

The most important thing is stand close to your target and use Holy Shock on cooldown every time all the time.

Your emergency healing cooldown is actually two combined. You activate wings and bubble simultaneously and spam cast Light of the Martyr until bubble fades.

Beacon of Virtue is very good for 5-mans. Numerically it may be the best talent at that tier, but in raids I've found its targeting to be unreliable.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i can't believe i'm saying this, but windwalker actually isn't a pain in the ass to play anymore.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    i can't believe i'm saying this, but windwalker actually isn't a pain in the ass to play anymore.

Adus...
    im happy for you and all. But im gonna need you to not play an agility class in legion. I dont want your luck affecting my loot.
    Thanks.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    debating buying a new video card for WoW... my computer is not that old but for some reason I can't get 60FPS in a big raid even on setting 7

I have a GTX 970... that's pretty new isn't it? What would I have to do to be able to run the damn thing on 10 smooth with only a 1080p monitor?

So, take this with a huge grain of salt because random reddit post citing a random GM that supposedly talked to the technical department, but apparently they're having performance issues with Nvidia cards in the pre-patch. No ETA on a fix, but something they're aware of and working on.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I think I may also be experiencing a big performance hit on my 970 in the current patch
    maybe
    I wasn't paying close attention to my FPS before the patch so not really sure

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I was having problems too until I stopped outdated add-ons from loading

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    debating buying a new video card for WoW... my computer is not that old but for some reason I can't get 60FPS in a big raid even on setting 7

I have a GTX 970... that's pretty new isn't it? What would I have to do to be able to run the damn thing on 10 smooth with only a 1080p monitor?

So, take this with a huge grain of salt because random reddit post citing a random GM that supposedly talked to the technical department, but apparently they're having performance issues with Nvidia cards in the pre-patch. No ETA on a fix, but something they're aware of and working on.

that would explain it I guess

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

i'm using an nvidia card and have had basically no change in performance pre-pre-patch and pre-patch

though i'm using a card that's a bit outdated now, i think it's like 750M or something i'm too lazy to check

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    QDLquJ1.jpg

am I taking this too far or just far enough

Walt on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Uhm, if you could have an axe in one hand and a little log in the other I think that would be better.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Cross posting from wow thread

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/monars-wardrobehelper/929351

Breaks down all the appearances you're missing for a particular instance/difficulty.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    battlegrounds have gotten a lot less fun since everyone figured out to just log on their warlock and DK alts for the next month (well, since the alliance figured it out, the horde are just aimless chucklefucks)

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    QDLquJ1.jpg

am I taking this too far or just far enough

It's like you just left Portland

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Probably gonna need to cancel my copy of Legion on account of life having its way with my bank account. Unsure when it'll be feasible to get it so I'll just remove myself from the Google doc.

This discussion has been closed.