As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Im pretty pissed about losing prep tho

They took my buttons!

Buttons are dumb.
    The difference between hunters in panderia and now is enormous

Do you have a number of buttons that is actually manageable now?

Yes!

MM seems real fun now and the number of CDs is far lower

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

They took my buttons!

Not having evasion is super weird, even though riposte is technically better in a lot of cases.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I definitely miss Icebound Fortitude as Blood.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

They took my buttons!

Not having evasion is super weird, even though riposte is technically better in a lot of cases.

Took me forever to realize between the eyes was kidney shot

Also taking prep and giving sub shadow blades back is like ok why???

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Isn't prep a pvp talent? I'm pretty sure it is.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Anybody know what they've done for the Twilight Highlands intro questline in Stormwind?

Because there are several major problems with doing that now, unless they want to phase in certain NPCs and phase out the new park.

no idea how the twilight highlands intro quests work on alliance side but for horde side it's all phased, NPCs and zeppelins over org that only show up once you take the breadcrumb quest to go to twilight highlands and cease to exist after that quest is completed and you've started the quests that are actually in the highlands.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Anybody know what they've done for the Twilight Highlands intro questline in Stormwind?

Because there are several major problems with doing that now, unless they want to phase in certain NPCs and phase out the new park.

no idea how the twilight highlands intro quests work on alliance side but for horde side it's all phased, NPCs and zeppelins over org that only show up once you take the breadcrumb quest to go to twilight highlands and cease to exist after that quest is completed and you've started the quests that are actually in the highlands.

I managed to look it up, and apparently they just cut the whole intro.
    The Hero's Call quest sends you to the Throne Room where Varian is phased in, and he immediately gives you the quest to hop on the plane to Twilight Highlands, skipping all the steps in between where you investigate with Anduin and stop the bombs in the cathedral and reveal the traitor guy.

• Options

I managed to look it up, and apparently they just cut the whole intro.
    The Hero's Call quest sends you to the Throne Room where Varian is phased in, and he immediately gives you the quest to hop on the plane to Twilight Highlands, skipping all the steps in between where you investigate with Anduin and stop the bombs in the cathedral and reveal the traitor guy.

Oh? The cut version sounds a lot like how it played out on the horde side, but I only did it in MoP so maybe there was a more involved plot in Orgrimmar that also got cut.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    The Horde quest had you inspecting some tanks and boats and such, first in Org then in Azshara, before actually embarking to Twilight Highlands.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The Horde quest had you inspecting some tanks and boats and such, first in Org then in Azshara, before actually embarking to Twilight Highlands.

Still might. It had me do that shit a couple weeks ago. Maybe 7.0 removed it but who knows!

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

I think ultimately the thing I'll actually miss about it is the stun break.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The Horde version has a big introduction once you actually get to Twilight Highlands (that whole scene on the airship with Garrosh and all), while the Alliance one had a slightly more involved quest in the city before leaving.

They actually never got to finish the Alliance intro due to time constraints, but there are some boats sitting way off the shore of Twilight Highlands that were intended to be used for it (unless they've deleted them now, but they used to be there at least--and it's not the boats around the Naga area, it was a different set). They were supposed to sail from Stormwind with a whole fleet, but it basically got cut down to the short cutscene in a plane with a dwarf from a webcomic (where the player immediately passes out and then wakes up in the middle of the battle).

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    God, that scene with Garrosh on the airship was dumb as hell, just acting like a goddamn idiot and flying off by himself. At the time I swore the whole reason they did that was to have him get captured offscreen and replaced by a demon so they could better explain the character assassination that followed.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i think i'm getting the hang of demo warlock

i just need to move some things into better spots and get a good weakaura maybe

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    They were supposed to sail from Stormwind with a whole fleet, but it basically got cut down to the short cutscene in a plane with a dwarf from a webcomic (where the player immediately passes out and then wakes up in the middle of the battle).

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait

....Flintlocke?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    They were supposed to sail from Stormwind with a whole fleet, but it basically got cut down to the short cutscene in a plane with a dwarf from a webcomic (where the player immediately passes out and then wakes up in the middle of the battle).

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait

....Flintlocke?

Yes.

• Options

That is really what I miss.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I dont know if this was mentioned anywhere, but I had to trawl the internet to find an answer for it. So...

PSA:
    Daily quests now reset at 10am server time. (This is different than before, where they reset at 5am server time.)

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

having switched to feral for wod, and being what was at the time i'm pretty sure the only class without a stun break? boy. boy howdy was i happy when i got to use icebound fortitude to break out of that 10 second stun in everbloom mythic the other day.

it's kind of weird though that it's called icebound fortitude and unholy has access to it, though i'm not complaining. just maybe it should be called ghoulbound fortitude and you just get a bunch of ghouls glued to your chest while it's active, instead?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    We're we planning on raiding again tonight?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Angry wrote: »
    Isn't prep a pvp talent? I'm pretty sure it is.
    Dys wrote: »
    We're we planning on raiding again tonight?

I'd be up for it, but I don't think we had anything planned after the moose run

Maybe mythic Panda stuff?

EDIT: And also since I apparently quoted but forgot to reply, prep is completely gone.

Javen on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i would probably be up for farting around old raids for mogs

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    I dont know if this was mentioned anywhere, but I had to trawl the internet to find an answer for it. So...

PSA:
    Daily quests now reset at 10am server time. (This is different than before, where they reset at 5am server time.)
    It's 1500 UTC across the board for North American realms. They also tied instance resets to this, profession cooldowns, etc. They wanted to make one singular reset time per region for everything.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular

I just a little while ago remembered that there's a talent that gives Wraith Walk a stun/snare/root break, and Wraith Walk's on a 1 minute cooldown, so hopefully losing IBF won't be too bad.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Turns out Assassination rogue is really good at a burst opener now:

Stealth-Garrote-Hemorrhage-Vendetta/Maalus-Mutilate-Vanish-Rupture-Exsanguinate, refreshing the Rupture and Garrote as soon as they expire/come off CD and Envenoming in between when possible, and suddenly I've done ~3M damage in <30 sec.

I still don't feel like I'm using poisons meaningfully; I seem more like a feral druid of yore, but if I can pull a stunt like that I'm not complaining!

Being aggressive with Exsanguinate lets me sustain around 50k too, so it's not like we just blow our load and then poke at things ineffectually.

I wish the specs other than Outlaw were visually interesting though :(

Nullzone on
  • Options

I just a little while ago remembered that there's a talent that gives Wraith Walk a stun/snare/root break, and Wraith Walk's on a 1 minute cooldown, so hopefully losing IBF won't be too bad.

I forgot. What's on that same row?

• Options
    Zay wrote: »

having switched to feral for wod, and being what was at the time i'm pretty sure the only class without a stun break? boy. boy howdy was i happy when i got to use icebound fortitude to break out of that 10 second stun in everbloom mythic the other day.

it's kind of weird though that it's called icebound fortitude and unholy has access to it, though i'm not complaining. just maybe it should be called ghoulbound fortitude and you just get a bunch of ghouls glued to your chest while it's active, instead?

don't think hunters had a stun break either.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I am ready for raiding part 7

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i dont recall warriors having a stun break in WoD either

it wasn't *that* common. DKs were spoiled with a lot of good cooldowns in WoD

• Options
    Warriors had a fear/incapacitate break, but yeah stun breaks are pretty rare. Mostly cloth casters had then to protect against instant rogue gibs

• Options
    wait a second... wasn't Displacer Beast a stun break??? It was at one point...

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Shaman have no stun break and their only DR can't be used while CC'd.

GG

• Options
    and their only DR can't be used while CC'd.

GG

Is that.. new? Every other ability similar to Shamanistic Rage can be used while stunned. Or is Rage gone entirely and replaced with something else?

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Did masters call break stuns for hunter?

• Options
    i dont think hunters ever had anything, so i doubt it

hunters were broadly considered to be one of the squishiest PVP classes in WoD

their whole game was they can use deterrence twice, and after that it was over

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    and their only DR can't be used while CC'd.

GG

Is that.. new? Every other ability similar to Shamanistic Rage can be used while stunned. Or is Rage gone entirely and replaced with something else?

They essentially replaced SR with Astral Shift, which thus far cannot be used while stunned.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    If people wanna do panda transmog stuff, we're seeing who is around at normal raid time

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    cool, I will be around. raid finder ToT has a certain color of a set I want but I'm down for whatever, new transmog has me in gotta catch em all mode

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Played around on my rogue alt.

Bribe is hilarious.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Bribe fights at the rogue class hall

5000g on Hogger every time

The Cow King on