As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I love the mobile app so much.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I like it, though I am now also running up on the wall of not having enough resources.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    On a lark I decided to try poison talents on the dummy to compare to the bleed talents that I struggle with but icy veins say are the best.

Well not only is the rotation way easier but it gives me better sustain like crazy, so instead of having the execution barrier keeping me around 120k dps if I'm on my A game and doing under 100 when I fuck up, I could maintain my rotation and keep my DPS around a consistent 160k or so, and if everything procs like Blood of the Assasinated and all my dots are up? It goes over 200k even without casting vendetta. This is all on the dummy though but you know...

Part of this probably has to do with all the mastery on my current gear, so that is sitting at 107% right now.

But yeah I might just have to play a non standard assassination build because fuck is that easier to do.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    I like it, though I am now also running up on the wall of not having enough resources.

Have you unlocked the world quests yet? You can pretty quickly get several hundred from just one of those.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    hmm either im unlucky or they really hotfixed the hell out of epic WQ loot

i was getting one every two days for a while and this week I've barely seen anything

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Which are the best two gathering professions?

I was thinking skinning and herbs?

Since I'll be killing mobs by the score anyway, I'm definitely doing skinning.

Herbalism or mining, either one you'll come across them while you're out questing

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    hmm either im unlucky or they really hotfixed the hell out of epic WQ loot

i was getting one every two days for a while and this week I've barely seen anything

As you posted this 2 new WQ's popped up for dungeons (Blackrook and eye)
    Do they have epics for you?

Marathon wrote: »
    Herbalism or mining, either one you'll come across them while you're out questing

which would make me more gold?

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    My thought would be herbalism as those are needed for consumables, that are always used
    But mining feeds 4 proffesions.

PSN: jfrofl
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »

which would make me more gold?

It really depends on what the market calls for right now.

Mining feeds blacksmithing and jewelcrafting primarily and herbalism feeds alchemy and inscription.

over the course of the expansion they would probably even out profit-wise

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    4 professions?

I know only of Smithing, Engineering, and Jewelcrafting. What else primarily leans on minerals?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Fracking was introduced as a new profession in Legion

I think I'll go herbs since I noticed last time I did mining that the nodes could be a real pain to get to sometimes

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    4 professions?

I know only of Smithing, Engineering, and Jewelcrafting. What else primarily leans on minerals?

It was me miscounting.

PSN: jfrofl
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Herbalism has Felworts, mining does not.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    leystone ore is 20g a piece on my server.

starlight rose (which is the herb in suramar) is 98g a piece.

excellent

now to see how fast I can hit 100 starting from 1!

got level 7 or 8 last night in about 3 hours

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

And I pity the fools doing Alch from the AH. You need 80 x of each herb to make the potions to unlock flasks. And they just get gobbled up by the quest giver.

edited September 2016
    excellent

Legion comes with a level 100 boost and WoD comes with a level 90 boost so you can just level to 60 to have max professions (it does nothing in Legion, but full bars :v ) and then use it.

I haven't played since....Wrath, so I burned my level 100 boost on a DK that now I really don't want to play, and I used the level 90 one in a Paladin, which is my main.

Also, Felwort sells at, like 900+g. Each. At least on my server.

TryCatcher on
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    excellent

Legion comes with a level 100 boost and WoD comes with a level 90 boost so you can just level to 60 to have max professions (it does nothing in Legion, but full bars :v ) and then use it.

I already used the level 100 boost on a different realm =/

I see no options anywhere for a level 90 boost

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    excellent

Were you subscribed during/did you buy WoD? If not I don't think you would have gotten the level 90 WoD level boost

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited September 2016
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    excellent

Were you subscribed during/did you buy WoD? If not I don't think you would have gotten the level 90 WoD level boost

I went from Burning Crusade to Legion

edit: and I lost all of my pre-legion stuff because I didn't realize you couldn't link your old account =/

Xaquin on
    edited September 2016
    excellent

Huh. Got it when I started again a little before prepatch, when WoD was made part of the battlebox. They removed it? Lame.

TryCatcher on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    excellent

Huh. Got it when I started again a little before prepatch, when WoD was made part of the battlebox. They removed it? Lame.

I don't actually know if this how it works, it would just be my guess

Like I never bought WoD but I when I used one of those free weeks of game time a couple months ago I got a level 90 boost for my account which is why I assumed that was part of it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    The starlight rose dust apparently auctions for the same price as starlight rose on my server

People be stupid

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Mining is very easy because you can mine crocodiles

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    The level 90 boost was a bonus for purchasing WoD. Since it's now rolled into the base game, there's is no way to purchase it. It be gone forever.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

Holy fuck i might be sitting on a fortune's worth of starlight rose

• DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The starlight rose dust apparently auctions for the same price as starlight rose on my server

People be stupid

The rose dust is used to summon the mob to get rank 3 of starlight rose gathering, so it is valuable if you didnt keep 20 around. Or if you have an addon that autosells your junk.

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
    T4CT wrote: »
    Mining is very easy because you can mine crocodiles

And some turtles

I can't tell if you two are being serious or not

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

I mean, their in game model is definitely like a crocodile. But I always thought they were meant to be more snake like in most mythologies?

What's really weird is when you mine one, and another spawns because of the thing it does. So you kill that one, but you can mine it too so you do and then another one spawns from that!
    I got like 65 felslate in a rather short period of time because of chain spawning crocodiles during the suramar mining WQ.

is this like telling the new guy to rust proof the tires?

• DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular
    No, quite a few of the basilisks are able to be mined, and they tend to look a lot like crocodiles. Theory being that large enough chunks of their body has turned to stone to give useful minerals. Although rust proofing the tires is a pretty good idea.

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    car stop
    rims keep spinning

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

I mean, their in game model is definitely like a crocodile. But I always thought they were meant to be more snake like in most mythologies?

What's really weird is when you mine one, and another spawns because of the thing it does. So you kill that one, but you can mine it too so you do and then another one spawns from that!
    I got like 65 felslate in a rather short period of time because of chain spawning crocodiles during the suramar mining WQ.

Chain spawns own when they're crocodiles and suck when they're harpies imo

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    On a lark I decided to try poison talents on the dummy to compare to the bleed talents that I struggle with but icy veins say are the best.

Well not only is the rotation way easier but it gives me better sustain like crazy, so instead of having the execution barrier keeping me around 120k dps if I'm on my A game and doing under 100 when I fuck up, I could maintain my rotation and keep my DPS around a consistent 160k or so, and if everything procs like Blood of the Assasinated and all my dots are up? It goes over 200k even without casting vendetta. This is all on the dummy though but you know...

Part of this probably has to do with all the mastery on my current gear, so that is sitting at 107% right now.

But yeah I might just have to play a non standard assassination build because fuck is that easier to do.

I totally agree, I'd much rather have non-optimal talents with an easier rotation to manage for more consistent DPS than a bleeding edge hardmode setup for a small theoretical increase in DPS but a loss in practice.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

I totally agree, I'd much rather have non-optimal talents with an easier rotation to manage for more consistent DPS than a bleeding edge hardmode setup for a small theoretical increase in DPS but a loss in practice.

It is still frustrating because theoretically bleeds could be fun to play with too but the way they are implemented with Exsanguinate (making you have to refresh rupture much more quickly when you have it off CD) makes managing all your overlapping stuff way harder than it needs to be and I CAN do it and squeeze out an extra like, 30 or 40k when I'm doing well and maybe a whole 60k during overlap of all my CDs but just doing a reliable 150k DPS can be a struggle when every few ruptures are going to tick off twice as quickly and need refreshed meaning less envenoms and more energy pooling to make sure I can get another 5-6 combo point rupture up RIGHT now.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    whispers quietly try an optimal feral druid talent set up if you really wanna see true suffering

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
This discussion has been closed.