As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Thread's dead, baby; thread's dead.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Took down SinJecht without too much trouble, then went back to master Yunalesca. I realized a couple hits from killing her that I had forgotten Blizzara Strike and thought I was going to blow it again, but apparently I did well enough that attempt to have full medals otherwise. Nice to put that event in the bag so I can go focus on other things.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Getting to bosses seem to not be that much of a problem, since Lightning and Jecht are almost 50 and one-shot trash mobs with auto-attacks. The danger seems to come from Y'Shtola never being able to cast a Curaga, because she's too slow and everyone in front of her is killing the trash too quickly, moving to the next round, and thus resetting her ATB bar. I don't want to have 2 people in front of her Defend just so I can heal one guy, because it's likely that I'll take more damage waiting than I would have simply killing them, but then that leaves people with chipped down health bars because Y'Shtola never gets a heal off.

But yea, normally I pick a 70-80 multi-hit attacking RW to burst down bosses, because that's always fun.

I do have Y'Shtola & Jecht memory crystals to break the 50 barrier, and if I don't see any more FFXIII stages opening up, might use the generic Memory Crystal on getting Lightning past 50 since she's my top character, even though I probably shouldn't. I know her first memory crystal comes from one of the heroic modes, I just don't know which one yet.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that Lightning's memory crystal is from events only. I did look up which ones are available from dungeons, and it looks like the only FFXIII character that you can get from story dungeons is Snow (and his MC1). Ideally you will use blank memory crystals on characters you have relics for, though when you're new (and especially if you start with poor draw luck) that can be really tricky.

Balthier, Zidane and Luneth are good candidates to use blank memory crystals on if you have any you don't plan to use on somebody you have a relic for (and you can buy blanks from the Fat Chocobo Shop if need be, though I try to save the greens for other things) because they are all good characters that also get an auto-haste record materia, either from that first level break or from a random drop after the first level break. Putting haste on your healer for dailies and dungeon crawling is fantastic, as it lets them get heals off a lot more reliably, and if you have enough charges of Protectga to last through the stages and the boss, they can drop that first turn and then likely not even have to heal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea, with my only 2 ffx SBs being rikku's aoe sap and yuna's sending, I think this cid mission is out of my reach. I just don't have the damage. If I honed chaincharge I might have a shot, but I already have 60 fire orbs and the only thing I might be making with fire soon is the drg skill.

Not a big deal, but still kinda a bummer.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    PSA: Bahamut SIN tonight is extremely hard, on par with the original fight from way back

With the four orbs you have to quickly kill and the constant flares/lightning/claw rakes/wing buffets

And the shadow creepers

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Well, FFX Cid mission + is never going to happen. No SB's at all for them other than Lulu's. Not much in the way of gear either. I did find a video of somebody doing it with a party with no SB's, and I could have matched it. But they also honed Full Charge and Powerchain to 6 uses. I could hone both once for 4 uses each, but I don't really want to do that and blow all my wind orbs. 2 fire orbs isn't worth it. Kept trying, but the damage wasn't there.

So I just brought the A team and knocked him into next week. One of the easier U+ fights when I'm not purposefully kneecapping myself.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Was it just me or were the + Missions for FFXIV really easy? I mean, sure, my team is Celerity heavy to begin with, so anything the can be slowed gets slowed, stunned, and then rocks hucked at its corpse, but especially considering I have literally 0 RS, they usually aren't THAT toothless.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    It might be because of the sever lack of XIV items they toned it down.

I'm actually looking forward to Bahamut Sin. That was a tough fight I never mastered, just got expert on.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Well I just blew him the fuck up with my speed run team, no healing needed

Just RW wall, protectga, shout and BSB spam

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    God, Pecil needs to master Paladin Force sooner rather than later.

I have a super strong VII sword that he can't use for Bahamut SIN.

In other news, I just cracked 100 mythril. I can now pull twice more in this breakfast.

Aaaand Bahamut Tremor SIN is done. I enjoyed that fight far more than the last two. Beat him down with Galuf, Cloud, and Pecil. Thank god for record synergy and Watera Strike.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I'm all up to date with the XIV and big bridge events, its gonna be a busy weekend tho

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Just in case anyone's interested, my friend code is rCEG - I have it set to Keeper's Tome since it's new and shiny. I can always set it back to Shout if that's what people usually want.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Bahamut SIN seemed easy. I got full medal count without really breaking a sweat. Back during the Cloudy Wolf event, he was a real pain in the ass. Did they tone him down for Big Bridge, or has my power level just gotten that much higher?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Just in case anyone's interested, my friend code is rCEG - I have it set to Keeper's Tome since it's new and shiny. I can always set it back to Shout if that's what people usually want.

I'm going to go through after this is all done and make basically my entire RW list out of Renewing Rains, Keeper's Tome and Portrait.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Bahamut SIN seemed easy. I got full medal count without really breaking a sweat. Back during the Cloudy Wolf event, he was a real pain in the ass. Did they tone him down for Big Bridge, or has my power level just gotten that much higher?

I think getting rid of the doggie kill condition was really the big helper.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Last time Bahamut SIN was here, I couldn't even complete the fight, much less master it. This time around I wasn't ever even in danger.

Shout is so good, you guys.

Narbus on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Aegis wrote: »
    Getting to bosses seem to not be that much of a problem, since Lightning and Jecht are almost 50 and one-shot trash mobs with auto-attacks. The danger seems to come from Y'Shtola never being able to cast a Curaga, because she's too slow and everyone in front of her is killing the trash too quickly, moving to the next round, and thus resetting her ATB bar. I don't want to have 2 people in front of her Defend just so I can heal one guy, because it's likely that I'll take more damage waiting than I would have simply killing them, but then that leaves people with chipped down health bars because Y'Shtola never gets a heal off.

But yea, normally I pick a 70-80 multi-hit attacking RW to burst down bosses, because that's always fun.

I do have Y'Shtola & Jecht memory crystals to break the 50 barrier, and if I don't see any more FFXIII stages opening up, might use the generic Memory Crystal on getting Lightning past 50 since she's my top character, even though I probably shouldn't. I know her first memory crystal comes from one of the heroic modes, I just don't know which one yet.
    Don't forget that you can use the Skip command to switch to another character without wasting your whole ATB. This is really useful whenever you need actions to happen in a certain order but somebody is going to fill their bar a second too late.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    ...Oh. So that's what Skip does.

I wasn't pressing it because I thought it would just waste that character's turn in favour of doing nothing, in which case I might as well Defend.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Sometimes... something beautiful happens in this game. And you don't know to express yourself so... you just gotta sing!
    I just beat Jecht! JECHT!

Screenshot_2016-06-30-18-40-28.png
    And it feels so good. An Ult + boss got one SHOTTED by me! Wanna tell the world~

To be honest I'm surprised I even got Champion
    Screenshot_2016-06-30-18-40-46.png
    "doesn't really make sense..."
    but man, screw it. I ain't one to argue with a good fight.

So this one's dedicated to them bosses who let us flop around and murder them. Whether cheap or hard, weak or strong, wanna thank you all, for letting us kill you!

"It looks your whole team almost died."
    Doesn't matter, beat Jecht.

"This fight isn't even that hard."

"There's a challenge you didn't do!"

Screenshot_2016-06-30-18-41-45.png
    "You had a MASSIVE advantage!"
    STILL COUNTS

I Just Beat Jecht! JECHT! and my Dreams came true. So if you just beat Jecht within the last 7 days then you're qualified to sing with me...

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Rift Bahamut SIN was easy, mastered with full medals. Yeah, I've got SSII (had before) and Heroic Harmony (new from BSBfest B1 - AoE Cleansing Strike rocks!). But the biggest differences are no doggie kill condition (most AoE damage is weak) and lots of 5* skills (PC, FC and TR). Excessive skill damage and AoE mitigation (yay Mog!) meant I could screw up orb transitions (damage hitting doggies) and still not need Clear Tranquil or Crushing Blow (had two charges of each at the end, didn't use either SB at all). Frankly, too easy. I didn't use - or need - Protectga. I want to fight the original fight! Make me slow the fight down and reach for mitigation SB charges to kill 3 and spawn 4 pairs of doggies!

Lightning (PC/FC), Yuffie (Dismissal/TR), Zack (spellblades), Mog (dances) and Y'shtola. I used about half of my skills (3/4 dances & heals), and a couple of characters got as low as half health briefly. This wasn't revenge against an overtuned fight; it was slaughter of a midrange Ultimate (not difficult enough to call U+). No catharsis. I'm disappointed.

• Options
    Congrats man!

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Also never had much trouble with Bahamut SIN, although I guess it's notable that I kicked Tyro out of the party once, to make room for Greg to soak up some damage. Glad I keep a couple walls on my support list for when I want to mix up my party a bit.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Full medals on Bahamut Sin. But it's FFVII synergy, nothing can stop me in my domain. My main problem was I was pushing his HP so fast that I spent most of the match killing flares. Never even touched the dogs.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Full medals on Bahamut Sin. But it's FFVII synergy, nothing can stop me in my domain. My main problem was I was pushing his HP so fast that I spent most of the match killing flares. Never even touched the dogs.

This was my experience as well. I chained from flare to flare. One dog died but only to incidental damage and random mis-targets when I had an attack already queued up between transitions and they defaulted to hitting the weakest dog.

My FFVII synergy is pretty bonkers too. Mostly because of Zack. The Zack Strat™ continues to be a dominant and winning strategy. And now that I've got Lightning's Requiem of the Goddess soul break and another chance to stun with her, Zack Strat has only gotten stronger.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Been thinking about party compositions now that I have SSII, and I realized my only Support 5 relics are Diamond Pin and Barret's first gun. I've used Lunatic High in essentially every fight since pulling it three months ago, and before that I just used Faris.

I suspect in the future I'll use a realm native Support, at least until I get some more Support relics.

• Options
    Man, seeing how often Bahamut Flares makes me really want to bring Celes.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Well, I mean Celes wouldn't do much good there. Her specialty is magic mitigation and avoidance. And the whole point of the Bahamut fight is to kill his exposed flare core before he shoots the flare. So if you do it right, Celes's key strength will never come into play.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Bahamut SIN taken out with the trash

Used my standard offensive A team configuration for this one.
    Lightning, Yuna, Tifa, Zidane and Ramza
    Ramza carried Full Break and Water Veil instead of double breakdown/full + breakdown to hit target scores
    Tifa had Kick for experimentation but would probably be better served with Pound in hindsight. There was just no point to AoE'ing the dogs
    Lightning again carried the fight with her Burst mode
    Yuna was brought in so she could scattershot everything

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh sweet, the next Nightmare is the Support one. Fingers crossed in advance for some nice relics there.

Haven't tried it yet but I'm sad to hear Bahamut SIN doesn't have the dogs condition.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well, I mean Celes wouldn't do much good there. Her specialty is magic mitigation and avoidance. And the whole point of the Bahamut fight is to kill his exposed flare core before he shoots the flare. So if you do it right, Celes's key strength will never come into play.

I think Arc Tangent means the actual Flare spell he casts, not his Prefix Flare attacks. The former would in fact be absorbed by Celes (and probably fuel more uses of Waterga Strike)

• Options
    So I wasn't playing when Bahamut SIN came around in the Cloudy Wolf event or whenever, but I had heard the horror stories. How if you didn't have Fenrir Overdrive you just couldn't do it. I was fully prepared to give my all to take out this monster of a boss!

And then I did the fight, and murdered the hell out of him and both his dogs just because I could. I never purposely targeted them, I just had the AOE from Paladin Force and Apocalypse, and I used the AOE burst command on Pecil because I didn't want it to be wasted if popped up an orb before the ability landed (which is a good thing because that happened twice). Didn't lose a single medal, and I was even able to bring both Shellga and Protectga because Pecil really only needs Lifesiphon to be effective, leaving him an open ability slot that Protectga fit in quite nicely. I don't think I landed a single Magic Breakdown on Bahamut Sin, all of those went to the orbs and by the time the orb was dead I wanted to refresh Full Break so I did that instead. The blowback damage from killing his orb actually finished the fight, which I found amusing.

I'm hoping that in the original version of the fight, the dogs actually had less health than Bahamut SIN, because apparently in this version they have more than the main boss. I can't imagine having to kill 3 sets of them without killing the boss unless they had way less health than he did. Also I hadn't known that the blowback from breaking the orb also hurts the dogs, that was nice.

Once again, it feels good to be ahead of the power curve for a while, hopefully I can stay there. I bet I could absolutely wreck Kuja if I fought him with what I have now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Forgot to bring water damage on Lightning, still mastered with every other medal.

As I spent hours and hours trying various Bahamut strats last time, it was really satisfying handing him his ass in resounding fashion.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Enlong wrote: »

I think Arc Tangent means the actual Flare spell he casts, not his Prefix Flare attacks. The former would in fact be absorbed by Celes (and probably fuel more uses of Waterga Strike)

Yes. Bahamut has a 35%-55% chance per turn to cast Flare from turn 4 on for the entire battle. Unfortunately, it's lightning stuff is NAT, so wouldn't be pulled and nullified.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Not having to deal with killing six dogs definitely made it easier.

I did it Cid Mission style with Aerith/Cloud/Sephiroth/Yuffie/Red XIII. Really wish I had one of the thrown weapons/bows that have a high magic on them for Yuffie.

Tyro still #1 Ninja.

• Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So I wasn't playing when Bahamut SIN came around in the Cloudy Wolf event or whenever, but I had heard the horror stories. How if you didn't have Fenrir Overdrive you just couldn't do it. I was fully prepared to give my all to take out this monster of a boss!

And then I did the fight, and murdered the hell out of him and both his dogs just because I could. I never purposely targeted them, I just had the AOE from Paladin Force and Apocalypse, and I used the AOE burst command on Pecil because I didn't want it to be wasted if popped up an orb before the ability landed (which is a good thing because that happened twice). Didn't lose a single medal, and I was even able to bring both Shellga and Protectga because Pecil really only needs Lifesiphon to be effective, leaving him an open ability slot that Protectga fit in quite nicely. I don't think I landed a single Magic Breakdown on Bahamut Sin, all of those went to the orbs and by the time the orb was dead I wanted to refresh Full Break so I did that instead. The blowback damage from killing his orb actually finished the fight, which I found amusing.

I'm hoping that in the original version of the fight, the dogs actually had less health than Bahamut SIN, because apparently in this version they have more than the main boss. I can't imagine having to kill 3 sets of them without killing the boss unless they had way less health than he did. Also I hadn't known that the blowback from breaking the orb also hurts the dogs, that was nice.

Once again, it feels good to be ahead of the power curve for a while, hopefully I can stay there. I bet I could absolutely wreck Kuja if I fought him with what I have now.

Yeah, they had 36k HP instead of 120k. SLIGHTLY less.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    So I've got 150 mythril left. After reserving 100 for Banner 5, should I do another draw on Banner 3 for a shot at one of the medicas, Banner 5 for a third chance at SG, or the FFXIV banner for a shot at Thyrus (since Tyro's got Keeper's Tome, now)?

Edit: FUCK YEAH THYRUS

Darklyre on
  • Options
    I RWed Indom Blade onto Zack who was Chain Charging.

It also draws the Dark casts from the dogs.

He never stopped leaping all over the screen.

Except when it was time to call in insta-helicopter barrages.

It was glorious.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Man who is the best catgirl? Y'shtola is, that's who. I got her RM like four battles after breaking her level cap the second time. Basically I fought the ++, then put together my team for the Big Bridge boss of the day, fought both those battles, then went and beat the +++ which gave me the RM. I think the only dropped one I got faster was Rydia's on my alt account, which I got in the very first wave of the first dungeon I did with her after breaking her level 50 cap.

As for what banner to draw on, the FFXIV banner isn't a bad idea since you have Keeper's Tome, and you really couldn't make use of both Keeper's Tome and SG during a fight without running a huge risk. The Medicas on banner 3 are also nice, but there are a lot of landmines for you on that banner, especially now that you have the top prize. It's a tough choice, I'm not sure what I would do in your situation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man who is the best catgirl? Y'shtola is, that's who. I got her RM like four battles after breaking her level cap the second time. Basically I fought the ++, then put together my team for the Big Bridge boss of the day, fought both those battles, then went and beat the +++ which gave me the RM. I think the only dropped one I got faster was Rydia's on my alt account, which I got in the very first wave of the first dungeon I did with her after breaking her level 50 cap.

As for what banner to draw on, the FFXIV banner isn't a bad idea since you have Keeper's Tome, and you really couldn't make use of both Keeper's Tome and SG during a fight without running a huge risk. The Medicas on banner 3 are also nice, but there are a lot of landmines for you on that banner, especially now that you have the top prize. It's a tough choice, I'm not sure what I would do in your situation.

Heh, I was actually aiming for the Temple Gloves somewhat due to the massive crit boost, which would've made my Shout team nuts. So much happier that I got Thyrus as my one rainbow in the 11-pull!

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Heh, I was actually aiming for the Temple Gloves somewhat due to the massive crit boost, which would've made my Shout team nuts. So much happier that I got Thyrus as my one rainbow in the 11-pull!

Well if you're only going to get one, that's the one to get. Sounds like you're pretty much set for a while now. The downside is now you have to decide what to do with your mythril going forward, but at least that's a good problem to have.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.