As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Es[chat]on

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    computer was getting so slooooooow
    turns out photoshop had a memory leak for the past couple weeks
    lol

:-|

Did you not... close your program at the end of the day?
    bowen i don't shut down my computer ever
    sometimes it does it itself though for updates

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    About a week ago, I fell off my bike while trying to look cool and embedded a bunch of pavement into my palm and elbow. I am extracting it now.

What's weird is that the skin around it isn't red or rejecting it or anything. It's just like, yeah, I guess this is in here, whatever. Time to implant some other stuff. Home surgery.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Also I guarantee they're just gonna Patton Oswalt in Agents of SHIELD the guy.

It's his brother at Area 51 site 2

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My MacBook can go months with certain programs open. My Windows machines are a lot fussier and tend to need weekly reboots.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    About a week ago, I fell off my bike while trying to look cool and embedded a bunch of pavement into my palm and elbow. I am extracting it now.

What's weird is that the skin around it isn't red or rejecting it or anything. It's just like, yeah, I guess this is in here, whatever. Time to implant some other stuff. Home surgery.
    are you going to embed magnets in yourself and write blogposts about how its amazing

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    The worst thing is coming to work in the morning and seeing my PC has been rebooted.
    NOO MY DATA IS NOW AUTOSAVED AND I HAVE TO SORT THROUGH IT AGAIN

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

steampunk-arm.jpg

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Saw that Independence Day sequel trailer, didn't that Area 51 hippy alien scientist get killed by the alien mind controlling him in the first movie?

he wasn't being mind controlled, as far as I remember, the Alien grabbed him and was manipulating his throat to make him 'speak'.
    I guess he was still alive at that point, cos you'd need air going in and out to make him talk, otherwise the alien would probably have had to use him like a set of bagpipes.

or whateves. It's the same franchise where an intergalactic civilisation's technology was compatible with a Mac, so honestly, someone coming back from the dead is far from the biggest problem it has as far as credibility goes.

i dunno because macs just work so

The backstory is that most of earth's modern technology (the computer and transistors specifically) were based on the technology in the spaceship.

Binary is binary. The hardest part would be interfacing with it, but we assume that after having worked with the spaceship for 60+ years, they would've figured out the ins and outs of it. I think the "we haven't been able to power it on" was kind of hamfisted after the fact to explain why Okun isn't flying around like a crazy yahoo in the spaceship.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »

are you going to embed magnets in yourself and write blogposts about how its amazing

trembling fingers typing out "its like a sixth sense" as the infection takes its grim hold

919UOwT.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Your body is just trying to get calories from anywhere it can.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The worst thing is coming to work in the morning and seeing my PC has been rebooted.

you are a monster

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Gooey wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »

trembling fingers typing out "its like a sixth sense" as the infection takes its grim hold
    laughed out loud at this one
    I totally wanted to do this at one point in my early twenties
    oh god the infections that would have happened

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    at my last job my computer had some hardware problem and would BSOD once it'd been running for about 38 hours

so I just rebooted it every day when I left work

people looked at me like I was a madman

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

you are a monster
    im also a 50 tabber
    deal with it
    *tab tab tab tab tab*

never turn off computer new tabs all dae erry dae

919UOwT.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    You should reboot at least once a week.

Also I bet you animals have a sea of icons on your desktops

you just download shit straight to your desktop don't you

there are multigig files sitting on there right now I bet

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

you are a monster
    im also a 50 tabber
    deal with it
    *tab tab tab tab tab*

omg i can't

you are a monster
    im also a 50 tabber
    deal with it
    *tab tab tab tab tab*

the disease is inside you

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    basically there should be some sort of better lateral processing thingy so that I can have everything I would ever want open and running all the time
    maybe also add in like those minority report screen manips with the haptic force hand waves

Ludious wrote: »

only for certain programs that putting them into a directory actually makes them run worse (scientists lol)
    I usually put shit wherever it is supposed to go

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I had that happen with an elbow where I wrecked and drug it along the concrete picking up a bunch of rocks under my skin. Years later I'd feel one breaching through the skin and then it would emerge. Shit was weird.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

where else would i put things

also i drag things from one folder to my desktop, then from my desktop to a different folder or email or whatever instead of just opening two windows and dragging from one to the other

i have 2 monitors too

919UOwT.png
    You could run a virtual copy of windows on your pc and use save state and when your actual pc reboots you just reopen the virtual state

edited June 2016
    basically there should be some sort of better lateral processing thingy so that I can have everything I would ever want open and running all the time
    maybe also add in like those minority report screen manips with the haptic force hand waves

luckily this is pretty much the direction CPUs are going, more cores all day every day

its mostly limited by your RAM

Aioua on
    oqf0q9ihoefz.png

okay that does remind me that I used to have a hilariously messy desktop
    and when it got too messy I would put it all in a folder called old desktop and then start again
    it was desktops all the way down

if i turn off the computer at the end of the day that takes minutes -entire minutes- out of my day the next day

really i'm just being efficient

919UOwT.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Yooka-Laylee looks good

Glad I backed that project.
    I backed it and i have the same name as someone in the games industry so when it asked me what name should be listed in the credits I added a little joke that I wasn't such-and-such person

But then it turns out they have cancer?

So I hope they don't die before the game comes out because that would make the joke a little awkward

You could run a virtual copy of windows on your pc and use save state and when your actual pc reboots you just reopen the virtual state
    thats a good idea but i cant touch any of that kind of stuff at work

where else would i put things

also i drag things from one folder to my desktop, then from my desktop to a different folder or email or whatever instead of just opening two windows and dragging from one to the other

i have 2 monitors too

It's funny how you think either is the right way to do it when ctrl c ctrl x and ctrl v are like

right there

edited June 2016

Your body is just trying to get calories from anywhere it can.

There's iron in this! Some hydrocarbons in the tar I can use these. Silicon dioxide? Oh, just knock off the oxygens and tack on another proton and neutron, make it phosphorus, call up some of the fusion microbes we picked up in China, eating bok choy grown in nuclear waste.

Donkey Kong on
    if i turn off the computer at the end of the day that takes minutes -entire minutes- out of my day the next day

guys gooey can only do one thing at a time

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I actually....really like Harley Quinn's look in Suicide Squad.

I doubt the movie will be good though.

just hit reboot when you walk out the door

pls

pls reboot

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Some people don't want to use the term girlfriend or boyfriend because they want a shorter word or they find it problematic or whatever

But I have heard a lot of (mostly younger than me) people try and look for other terms specifically to connote a different kind of relationship. They want to granularly express that it isn't x level of serious or committed, or that it isn't exclusive, or whatever.

i call my dude my Lord Commander

okay that does remind me that I used to have a hilariously messy desktop
    and when it got too messy I would put it all in a folder called old desktop and then start again
    it was desktops all the way down

are you my boss

i hate you so much right now

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    So I called my insurance today to follow up on that whole thing where some tests I had were filed incorrectly and I got that $288 collections thing

WELLLL

they said that the lab had refiled it, BUT, they hadn't actually changed the number that needed changing, so it was still denied

I called the hospital

tiny old lady voice (Rosie) on the other end of the line says that she's looking at the two claims, and, the number was DEFINITELY changed, and DEFINITELY to the thing that the insurance company wanted it changed to

aaaaAAAAA

this would have been infuriating except she referred to the insurance company repeatedly as "Those People" with great contempt, and to me as a "poor dear", and kept muttering "They're going to drive us all insane, goodness, in my day these people didn't give people so much trouble.. just trying to get a test done, poor dear.." etc.

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I'd make a folder named To be Sorted and dump all my shit there, eventually everything would be there so I give up and put it into a Misc folder, then it would be like Misc 2010, Misc 2011, etc.

This discussion has been closed.