As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2016 - Prime is dead, long live PAX

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    No Prime for me this year. South is just so cheap by comparison and I have no trouble getting tickets.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Wonder if we're doing the Roanoke this year since Tonka doesn't work there anymore.

I don't?!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Wonder if we're doing the Roanoke this year since Tonka doesn't work there anymore.

I don't?!

I thought you left and moved down south?!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Article about seattle convention center expansion and pax west http://www.geekwire.com/2016/will-convention-center-expansion-alleviate-pax-west-ticket-crunch/

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    I didn't hear about it until an hour or so later, and missed everything. This is what I get for not paying attention to these things.

Meanwhile, nearly a month after they went up, SouthPax still has 3 day passes available.

Except that Prime is like a three or four hour drive away, while South requires airfare. That's a significant difference.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

FINALLY

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Matev wrote: »
    I was just thinking about how I wanted to do a boss sushi dinner this year while I was at PAX!

I was thinking of perhaps Japonessa

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

I don't?!

I thought you left and moved down south?!

You're half right.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    My bad!

• Options
    But yes, I still work at the Roanoke, and consequently still have a place to live. Barring any unforeseen calamity, we shall still party down at the bar on Thursday.

Unless there's some kind of mutiny.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i might make an appearance this year

to the drinking parts

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Isn't that all the parts?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    man i don't know

i ain't been to pax

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It's most of the parts worth mentioning at least

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I didn't hear about it until an hour or so later, and missed everything. This is what I get for not paying attention to these things.

Meanwhile, nearly a month after they went up, SouthPax still has 3 day passes available.

Except that Prime is like a three or four hour drive away, while South requires airfare. That's a significant difference.

I was just saying it's kind of funny to me that Prime West sold out before I even knew the tickets were on sale, but South still has 3 day passes available a month later.
    Wasn't trying to take a jab or anything, I know that flying sucks (not just expense wise, but security lines, checkpoints and other crap that you have to deal with before you cram yourself into an uncomfortable seat with no leg room etc...) which is why I don't bother with the other PAXes. Texas I can drive to fairly easily in a couple of days, East or West coast? Not so much.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    So excited to be going for our second time! Hope to meet up with some of you nerds and be dumb

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You can't solicit for badges on the forum.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Roger that. Sorry Tube!

• Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    No Prime for me this year. South is just so cheap by comparison and I have no trouble getting tickets.

Wait what.

• Options
    So, Seattles:

What fooderies should my wife and I check out while we are there? We like most kinds of food. Not sure what sorts of hidden gems exist over that way so I figured I'd reach out to those who would!

Also, we should do karaoke again. That was fun.

• Options
    Piroshky Piroshky, Beecher's Cheese, Biscuit Bitch

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I've been chatting with Nevs on facebook a bit about arranging karaoke again.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I wish I'd been more adventurous about food at past PAX Wests. PAX South is 99% about BBQ to me, and similarly I feel like West wants to be 99% about seafood. Growing up in Florida, but living now 650 miles away from the nearest ocean, I get seafood cravings pretty bad, but I'm not willing to trust anything that's available locally.

But I'm such a restaurant wimp, too afraid to just check out a new place without at least three signed reviews from trusted friends stating that eating there didn't give them the atomic shits, that I always just wind up eating fish and chips and maybe clam chowder at Ivars two meals a day.

So yeah, I second that request for restaurant recommendations.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Rch6WvPJE

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Piroshky Piroshky, Beecher's Cheese, Biscuit Bitch

Biscuit Bitch was consumed last time and will definitely be a thing we try again. Was super good.

Not sure how many people have been, but Portage Bay is really tasty. I got the smoked salmon eggs benedict from there on our last morning before hitting the airport and it was one of the best breakfasts I ever had. My wife got their french toast and it was enormous and they have a big table of stuff like fresh whipped cream and berries and all that and from what I can tell all the food is from local farms which is nice.

I'll definitely add the other two places to my to-eat list!

• Options
    Actually tried Portage Bay for the first time a few weeks ago because they have gf french toast that my wife can eat.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Sizzle Pie

• Options
    Hey, does anybody have a copy of the pic of that foam dart/tycho's baby incident? I thought I had saved it, but I can't find it.

@Rankenphile looking at you primarily.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    nope.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I sort of feel like that needs some backstory or explanation?

• Options
    I went ahead and posted the warning about Thursday on the calendar at the bar.

Also put my shifts up, since I thought it would be okay to work and hang out last year, but it turns out that was a really stupid idea.

• Options
    Love you, Tonkkers

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Also put my shifts up, since I thought it would be okay to work and hang out last year, but it turns out that was a really stupid idea.

So you're just gonna take the whole long weekend off, right???

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

Who will ensure the flow of the rumple?!?

• Options
    godmode wrote: »

So you're just gonna take the whole long weekend off, right???

Yup.

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »

Huh.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »

Huh.

The darkest timeline

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey PAX Thread
    I am looking for a couple people to share some accommodation, checking in friday afternoon and out monday morning. Specifically I wanna get an Air BnB. Hopefully with a private bedroom and a fold out couch in the living room so it's comfortable for 3 people to share (A couple would be best but if you're ok sharing a bed with someone that's fine too). In this configuration there are some good options a short walk from the Convention Centre for around 100 bucks a night each.

Anyone interested?

• Options
    My lucha group normally has shows the last saturday of each month. For August, however, several of our crew will actually be visiting Mexico over that weekend.

I am considering asking our coach if he's willing to bump the show to the next Saturday, which is PAX, so that we have our full crew available, and also having the benefit of all you guys being in town so that you could come see me wrestle.

I want to see if this would interest enough of you to be worth asking to change the show date.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    My lucha group normally has shows the last saturday of each month. For August, however, several of our crew will actually be visiting Mexico over that weekend.

I am considering asking our coach if he's willing to bump the show to the next Saturday, which is PAX, so that we have our full crew available, and also having the benefit of all you guys being in town so that you could come see me wrestle.

I want to see if this would interest enough of you to be worth asking to change the show date.

I would absolutely, 100% be there for that.