As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2016 - Prime is dead, long live PAX

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Damn you, instagram.

They probably put something on Snapchat too. Crazy kids and their technologies...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    40 days. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Also hey Geek, if you wanna practice some games ahead of time that are online multi I'm definitely down. Pay it forward and all that.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Start training up on some Mario Kart or Katamari.

I'm gonna go with a wide shot and say...brush up on some pinball. That could be the weird final round this year.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    tkywatkywa Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Grats!!

tkywa on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Geek wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna have to bring some frebeeze to spray down my shirt each day.
    This is a good plan. I only wore mine during rounds and still did this.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna carry around a bottle of Febreeze in a holster just for passers-by.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SpicyMeatsSpicyMeats Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    I got my omeganaut call on Thursday (was completely useless at work all day, like 3 different mortgage clients now know all about pax)

qEGfoNG.png

• Options
    What day and time are people getting in to town? I'm trying to figure out if I just have the Thursday night thing start later or around the same time as past years.

Normally I make it a 7 or 8pm start.

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    SpicyMeats wrote: »
    I got my omeganaut call on Thursday (was completely useless at work all day, like 3 different mortgage clients now know all about pax)

YEAH BC

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    What day and time are people getting in to town? I'm trying to figure out if I just have the Thursday night thing start later or around the same time as past years.

I'm getting in Thursday at 7:30, so I'll probably be at the Roanoke a little later in the evening, hopefully while a few people are still a little sober!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Just a tiny bit sober.

EDIT:
    https://youtu.be/hglVqACd1C8

Tonkka on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Tonkka @godmode I'm landing at like, 1 pm Thursday

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

I get into town about 12:30ish.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

I'm getting in Thursday at 7:30, so I'll probably be at the Roanoke a little later in the evening, hopefully while a few people are still a little sober!

Hmm... I think I'm getting in around 9AM. I'm going to have to figure out something to do with my luggage until you get there.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Don't most hotels allow you to drop your luggage before you check in? Leave it at the front desk and come back at normal check in time to drop the bags in the room?

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, most of the nicer ones downtown do. I know the Sheraton and the Hyatt do for sure, since I've done it with them before.

You can call your hotel and find out if they do a bag check pre-checkin.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I have created a Facebook event for Karaoke Night at PAX.

I have already invited local SE++ folks and other people I know off the top of my head who are going to be in town.

If I missed you, please send me a Facebook message. If I don't have you on Facebook, find my page via the forum profile page here, friend me, and ask me to send you an invite.

If you don't use Facebook, PM me here and I'll give you the deets.

shia.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I just booked my bolt bus tickets. I get into Seattle at 2:30 on the friday afternoon.

• Options
    Sorry, hotel buddies...I picked the earliest flight I could get from my dumb airport and I'm still going to be traveling for about 10 hours :/

• Options
    ACTUAL

CANNIBAL

SHIA LEBOUF

• Options
    Just from this small sample, I guess it's just like every year and people are are getting in to town at all sorts of different times. So I'll just set the start time for the Roanoke to 7 in the post meridian.

Will I do a fancy event page for this? Probably not!

Should I do an info post broadcasting the details for this? I probably should!

• Options
    I guess @Aphostile isn't going to be there to buy everyone Rumplemintz in person so...I suppose he'll just send his credit card or something??

• Options
    I saved his info from last year, no worries.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Shots are cancelled this year.

Double shots now on for PAX South.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    You can't cancel shots.

NOBODY CANCELS SHOTS!

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Were we supposed to have received our badges by now? I got an email they were supposed to arrive a week ago, but I have not actually got them.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    Were we supposed to have received our badges by now? I got an email they were supposed to arrive a week ago, but I have not actually got them.

Might have to do it at will-call or something

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Might have to do it at will-call or something

I suggest you just start flipping tables while yelling "WHERE MY BADGES AT BRO", at every opportunity. Especially out of context, every day before PAX begins/your badges arrive.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Hey @zonugal my brother turned 21 last week, and he's coming to town for pax, just thought you would like to know.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I checked the karaoke app and all my go to songs are on there so we good.

• Options

Mine only just arrived yesterday. Did you get the email with the shipping notification? You can track it.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I just got a tracking email yesterday so I don't think it's panic time yet

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    If its a week out and you still don't have them just email the pax questions email (which I believe is pax_questions (at) penny-arcade.com )

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hey @zonugal my brother turned 21 last week, and he's coming to town for pax, just thought you would like to know.

Yo @Bendery It Like Beckham, sadly I will be in Baltimore attending a cousin's wedding.

I will miss this experience but ain't no party like a Zonugal-family wedding.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    Shots are cancelled this year.

Double shots now on for PAX South.

Okay guys don't worry
    Hail Hydras for everyone
    @Mysst

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Yo @Bendery It Like Beckham, sadly I will be in Baltimore attending a cousin's wedding.

While I'm disappointed, it's probably for the best.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

While I'm disappointed, it's probably for the best.

I mean, if your bro is up here for any other time of the year I live 40 minutes from you.

We can make this happen...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    35 days!

PAX PRE-PARTY 2016 INFORMATION!

Who: You?! I mean, as long as you're a somewhat responsible adult who is above the age of 21.
    What: A little harmless get together where we just hang out and stuff before some convention or something.
    Why: Because shut up, you're not my real dad!
    Where: Roanoke Park Place 2409 10th Ave E Seattle, WA (adoy) 98102
    When: Thursday, September 1st. Starts around 7 p.m. and ends whenever the employees get tired of our shenanigans. So probably 8 o'clock (not really, I mean, I sure fucking hope not).
    How: I know how I'm doing this thing, it's up to you to figure out your own path.

Past years have seen some good times, and seen some itty-bitty hiccups here and there, but overall have been a blast and I have been pleased to host all you fine people at the place of my work. HOWEVER! There are a couple of rules/guidelines that should be, uh. . . outlined.

-I'm sorry if you were born too late to attend, but yes, this is 21+ only. Maybe next year!

-Please don't pressure people in to doing more than they are comfortable with. Also, please don't try to impress anyone, we're just trying to have a good time.

-Since there is usually quite a large group of us, and we tend to congregate out on the wonderful back deck,but I must warn beforehand that we may have to close down the deck at 10 p.m.. We are located in a neighborhood and 10 is when the noise ordinance kicks in. Stupid weekday.

- @Rankenphile declared at the very first event that failing to tip the staff is a ban-able offense. He may correct me if I am incorrect, but I think we see eye to eye on this. Along these lines, be aware that we only have so much staff at our disposal and no waitstaff.

If there are any questions, go ahead and ask me. I dare you.

Uh, yeah! I can't wait!

• Options
    I may be at Omeganaut Orientation during the Thursday pre-party

BLM - ACAB