Options

Google Wallet idiocy..

azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Trying to understand just wtf google is trying to do here. I went to put a few bucks on my google wallet account for the occasional in-app purchase only to find that wallet has change its policies. Apparently It no longer lets me load funds onto my wallet from my own bank account or debit card, but instead, has to be loaded with funds gifted to me from other people.

So my first question, is how do those people get money to give me if they cant get funds from there accounts.

Next, what kind of asinine business practice is this that google is trying to run? By refusing to let me load my account with my own funds they are cutting me off from buying anything in the play store unless i:

1) Create a duplicate account so i cant 'gift' money to myself.
or
2) go through an extra step of giving money to someone else to gift to me in return.

am I missing something? I tried going to the site and asking the questions above to a chat representative but they were obviously reading from a script or is failing a really bad turing test automatic AI. "I'm sorry you (cut and paste my question here)" "I am sorry you are upset, I would also be upset" (When all I was doing was asking a question..not upset at all..).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    If I'm understanding you correctly, this is a result of the splitting of Google Pay and Google Wallet into two separate services and applications. It's very confusing, but I think Google Pay will solve your concerns.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Wallet is dead. It's all about Android Pay.

Yes, Wallet no takes external payment. To buy stuff, just add a CC to your Google account, and it will show up as an option. I recommend a separate card from your primary CC or checking, like a Simple card or Amex.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Well when i first tried to run the wallet application it said to update and brough me to the android pay page....which is not supported on my note 3 phone for some reason. Then i tried updating regular wallet through the store, and got the 'no longer supported' issue. I guess I just have to wait for pay to be updated for my phone.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Well when i first tried to run the wallet application it said to update and brough me to the android pay page....which is not supported on my note 3 phone for some reason. Then i tried updating regular wallet through the store, and got the 'no longer supported' issue. I guess I just have to wait for pay to be updated for my phone.

Unfortunately the Note 3 will likely never support Android Pay. The NFC chip that the Note 3 uses isn't compatible with the program, and the Note 3 is old enough a this point that they're not likely to update for it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter