As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch: Kawaii Noon

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Lucio is great if your team needs healing but also probably won't watch your back either.

Also easily my favourite healer for KotH just because of how the game type works.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Whenever I play Mercy, I keep screwing up her guardian angel ability.

I'll be looking at someone I want to fly to and heal, only to fly 2 feet backwards to someone I swear I wasn't looking at, expending the cooldown on nothing.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I like Lucio because when a Genji ults I can just speedboost people the fuck outta there. Same with Mei's and Reaper's too.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Whenever I play Mercy, I keep screwing up her guardian angel ability.

I'll be looking at someone I want to fly to and heal, only to fly 2 feet backwards to someone I swear I wasn't looking at, expending the cooldown on nothing.

I think if you're healing or buffing someone, you fly at them, not at who you're looking at. I've definitely flown at people I wasn't looking at and I think that's why. Unless I was just getting knocked back or something, but it's happened too many times for it to be a coincidence.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    By default gaurdian angel prioritizes the person your beam is on. This is dumb.

There is an option hidden in the UI to turn this off.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Nothing feels worse as Mercy than that last teammate rounding a corner right before you guardian angel over, leaving you in a lurch

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I feel like it matters a lot if you're on console or PC which is better

PC you want autobeam/fly to aimed target.

Console, it's much easier to just hold down the trigger and harder to aim, so jump to healed target makes sense.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    ronzo wrote: »

I feel like it matters a lot if you're on console or PC which is better

PC you want autobeam/fly to aimed target.

Console, it's much easier to just hold down the trigger and harder to aim, so jump to healed target makes sense.

I play on console and I would say aimed target is always better.

Especially since you don't have to actually be facing your heal target.

Its makes bouncing around teammates so much easier.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Hoping into game right now. PC player Consequences#11197 if you're in need of a passable Pharah or Mercy :)

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I decided to try out lucio today

fucking pretty good, man

i tried out lucio last night

I don't know if i'm any good at him but he's definitely been the most fun to play so far

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Since you guys were discussing desks I thought I would chime in. I sit at a ping pong table. There's two reasons, my desk is covered in other crap, and it is very far from the router. Also, let Reynolds use whatever he's comfortable with.

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Ardent was warned for this.
    Why are you even trying to talk to Reynolds about this? He's either trolling or beyond help; either way you're just wasting your time.

If he was serious, he'd switch to M&K and do drills like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSUmjfYA9TQ

It seems like work because it is work. But you're developing a tighter hand-eye coordination pathway and bringing your reaction time down to your maximum.

Some of us are born better at twitch activities -- welcome to life -- but training can help you overcome whatever deficiencies you have.

Tube on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    you are terrible

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It is a game

You don't need to Fuckin' run aim drills to play Overwatch

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Speaking of, @The Betgirl what time do you wanna shoot

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    WTF is this with this thread.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    WTF is this with this thread.

esports

• Options
    Doing drills outside of a videogame to get better at a videogame you play for recreational fun is one of the most asinine things I have heard of in a good long while.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I mean, it's the same as going to the driving range and working on your swing.

Not everybody likes or needs to do that, but it is not really an insane thing to do.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Not everybody likes or needs to do that, but it is not really an insane thing to do.

In this case it's pretty dumb, looking at those drills.

Because how your mouse behaves on your desktop isn't how your mouse behaves in Overwatch. It's like going to a driving range with your friends clubs who is a foot taller than you.

If you want to get better at Overwatch just play Overwatch and be mindful of how you are playing.

• Options

It is, however, an insane thing to suggest anyone who is remotely serious or isn't "beyond help" about Overwatch do

If you're trying to be top ranked or play professionally then sure, You should probably practice a lot

But the vast majority of players, including people who take the game seriously, will never do an aiming drill and don't really need to

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It is a game

people can play how they want

tyrannus on
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    It is a game

He said need. He didn't say they aren't allowed to.

• Options
    It is a game

They can

Which is why I was taking umbrage with the post saying that anyone who is "serious" about Overwatch needs to be running aim drills to make up for any naturally born skill they may lack

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    It is a game

Different people enjoy things different ways

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    It is a game

Different people enjoy things different ways

I believe Blank is well aware of this basic human fact.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

It is, however, an insane thing to suggest anyone who is remotely serious or isn't "beyond help" about Overwatch do

If you're trying to be top ranked or play professionally then sure, You should probably practice a lot

But the vast majority of players, including people who take the game seriously, will never do an aiming drill and don't really need to

I mean, motherfuckers who play golf like three times a year go out to the driving range for giggles and practice.

Throwin' shade on Reynolds clearly wasn't necessary, but I'm kind of intrigued by the drill and am interested to see what, if any difference they make.

I'm a horseshit sniper, and if I can improve my Widow or Hanzo game with some of that, I might make a little time to practice.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Like, Ardent straight up walked into this thread and called some a deficient human being for experiencing discomfort using a mouse and keyboard and not wanting to run drills that cause them physical pain to become better at one of their leisure activities.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular

Well that's that turned off forever.

I just got my first 2 POTGs! 1 for dumping my mech onto turret Bastion that had been sitting in one spot forever, a teleporter, a turret, some traps, and 2 other people. I died before the mech even blew up because I was giving double middle fingers to that fucking Bastion.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    you can be serious about Overwatch not practice. you can complain about heros, bad team comp, etc.

but you will eventually be outclassed by people who have dedicated the time to reviewing their aim, positioning, hero choice, and why they died. those people are serious about their commitment to not just playing the game but improving faster than everyone else is.

some people don't want to fully commit to something that daunting but being able to get a little edge over people by just being better practiced is something that is more digestible and doable.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I mean, motherfuckers who play golf like three times a year go out to the driving range for giggles and practice.

Throwin' shade on Reynolds clearly wasn't necessary, but I'm kind of intrigued by the drill and am interested to see what, if any difference they make.

I'm a horseshit sniper, and if I can improve my Widow or Hanzo game with some of that, I might make a little time to practice.

That video isn't even good and those drills aren't even good. I mean, that guy admittedly said this is their first FPS, so it makes sense.

If you want to be better at Widowmaker start cranking down that sensitivity/DPI, personally I'd go into the options and change it so you have the same movement sensitivity scoped and unscoped for consistencies sake, and make sure you have a large area to move your mouse. And then just play a lot of Widowmaker and focus on your accuracy in game. Playing Overwatch with a goal is going to always be better training that not playing Overwatch and using some browser program that isn't Overwatch.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    you can be serious about Overwatch not practice. you can complain about heros, bad team comp, etc.

but you will eventually be outclassed by people who have dedicated the time to reviewing their aim, positioning, hero choice, and why they died. those people are serious about their commitment to not just playing the game but improving faster than everyone else is.

some people don't want to fully commit to something that daunting but being able to get a little edge over people by just being better practiced is something that is more digestible and doable.

You won't because the game has MMR so you'll be matched up with people with a similar level of player ability.

• Options
    edited June 2016

You won't because the game has MMR so you'll be matched up with people with a similar level of player ability.

I figure it's going to be like this: you can have two players on the same level but that doesn't mean they have the same aim/reflex habits. like, a good primary widow who has great aim but shit bad positioning could be matched against a primary Mercy that basically never dies but cannot for her life aim worth a shit.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Boy, you feel helpless when your team refuses to advance when you're playing as Mercy, huh

Or D va or any of the other momentum characters

At least I can charge in and cause something to happen with them, I'm not about to amble in with my pistol

Go for broke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqTFlYeaVA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRdmSL9a_c

why is this person firing so slow

• Options
    why is there two inquisitors wait

which one is my friend

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Speaking of, The Betgirl what time do you wanna shoot

Whenever? Roommate leaves for work in about an hour and some, does that sound okay?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Yeah, that works for me. So, say, hour and a half?

Any other PS4 folks should come join too

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

which one is my friend

There is an Inquisitor and an Inquisitor with numbers in their names and we are both frequent posters.

• Options

which one is my friend

There is an Inquisitor and an Inquisitor with numbers in their names and we are both frequent posters.

welp. sorry about the reflex stupid post then.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I decided to try out lucio today

fucking pretty good, man

i tried out lucio last night

I don't know if i'm any good at him but he's definitely been the most fun to play so far

lucio is literally the life of the party

it's super good design thematically and feels fun to play, though you are mostly reliant on the rest of your team getting up and dancing instead of hiding in separate corners

This discussion has been closed.