As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2016 Cosplay thread

13»

• Options
    AK Shadow92AK Shadow92 Anchorage, AlaskaRegistered User regular
    I'll be going as Gastly and my sister will be going as Voltorb :) I got the idea for the heads from someone who made them a few years back for Pax and posted it on Reddit. I decided to make my own version and went with Gastly (round Pokemon concept) and it turned out better than I expected .n_____n. We'll be cosplaying on Saturday :D

2lucc8wemdij.jpeg
    rtegstd8zh7d.jpeg
    So gastly takes over someones body and now is some human ghost hybrid :P

• Options
    PipistrellePipistrelle Registered User regular
    My husband and I are bringing our Guild Wars 2 cosplay to PAX this year, and we were hoping to get some good pictures of them. Does anyone know any photographers who are planning to be there? And of course we're not asking for anything for free. Artists deserve to be paid for their work

• Options
    CosarmorCosarmor Registered User new member
    Maybe Saturday, if I get enough done to be satisfied with it. Not planning to be done for real until nearer ECCC.
    13603500_768524463290281_2485907729803282022_o.jpg

• Options
    sapheresaphere Registered User regular
    I greatly overestimated my skills when deciding to attempt a Tali'zorah cosplay and am no where near done. I made some progress tonight and finally put together a draft hood though, which has sparked a tiny bit of hope that I may have something to show by next weekend.

66ic966rpjtf.jpg

• Options
    knightingailknightingail Registered User new member
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to post about a Fire Emblem Fates cosplay group thats going down on saturday. Not sure how many people are gonna turn out for it, but I figured posting about it here would be good. If you or someone you know is cosplaying from FE:F, feel free to ask to join the facebook group!
    https://facebook.com/groups/1791381511094718/
    I myself will be cosplaying Velouria!

• Options
    InukiInuki Registered User regular
    Cosarmor wrote: »
    Maybe Saturday, if I get enough done to be satisfied with it. Not planning to be done for real until nearer ECCC.

I'll bring my Soul of Cinder for ECCC! Let's get all the Dark Souls pics together! :3

I'm still hammering away at this thing. looks like this weekend will make or break finishing enough to wear it to PAX.

ev0dfov93tz8.jpg

• Options
    ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to post about a Fire Emblem Fates cosplay group thats going down on saturday. Not sure how many people are gonna turn out for it, but I figured posting about it here would be good. If you or someone you know is cosplaying from FE:F, feel free to ask to join the facebook group!
    Speaking of, has anyone heard of any other meetups? I know PAX isn't as cosplay-centric (though there is still plenty of cosplay) as other cons, so I hadn't thought to check for gatherings. My group is doing Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm the first day (even though sadly Blizzard's panel is Saturday) and I'll be doing Undertale Monday.

• Options

I will let my friend know about this she is driving from Vancouver, Canada for PAX

• Options
    My husband and I are bringing our Guild Wars 2 cosplay to PAX this year, and we were hoping to get some good pictures of them. Does anyone know any photographers who are planning to be there? And of course we're not asking for anything for free. Artists deserve to be paid for their work
    Being a Big Guild Wars fan myself I would love to get some pictures with you guys I also know of another person who will be cosplaying 2 different GW outfits maybe we can coordinate a photo shoot :) (I'm just a fan not a photographer)

• Options
    edited August 2016
    It looks like Overwatch has a group with a shoot being organized as well.
    Halo has a shoot organized

About 4 of us are doing Dark Souls 3 as far as I know, but I don't know of anything organized.

Inuki on
  • Options
    Inuki wrote: »
    It looks like Overwatch has a group with a shoot being organized as well.
    Halo has a shoot organized

About 4 of us are doing Dark Souls 3 as far as I know, but I don't know of anything organized.
    I'm totally going to both the Overwatch and Halo meet ups to take pictures I wish I had something to wear to join them both, I am slowly working on a McCree cosplay for another time :)

• Options
    PlagueMDPlagueMD Registered User new member
    edited August 2016
    This is gonna be my second year running doing PAX-- it was a very pleasant experience last year, not least of all because there were significantly fewer rambunctious teenagers than there are at anime conventions and the like. As a result I'm a little less worried about getting surprise-attacked when my field of vision is compromised for costume reasons. :P

Coming off the note of compromised field of vision, I know a friend and I are planning to bust out our big Undertale cosplays, most likely on Saturday-- should be a fun time. Now that I've finished my paws for said cosplay and got the voicebox in my Flowey, I don't have any major work left to do, which is a load off my mind.
    07cf25398a3eabcb501a28a44b5465f4.png3948afe89be635357b46cf30ff5a49ec.png
    For your PREVIEWING PLEASURE.

(My friends and I do have other cosplays lined up, but mine at least are significantly less Thing That Is Very Popular, and I'm not sure when we're doing what, so that'll happen whenever it happens.)

PlagueMD on
  • Options
    gabrielleisradgabrielleisrad Registered User new member
    I'm cosplaying as Pharah from Overwatch, but I lack the skills, time, and money to make a full suit of armor so she'll just have leg armor and gauntlets, and then shorts and a sports bra :D

• Options
    H2OCakeisalieH2OCakeisalie Enforcer Registered User regular
    I'm kind of curious about how many people will be doing any form of star wars complain? I'll be doing a dark/grey jedi and my girlfriend will be showing off her Jedi librarian (Atris work in progress)

• Options
    edited August 2016
    This cosplay is probably going to kill me. Also I've created a Dark Souls cosplay meetup. Woo!

I also managed to find a link for this League of Legends Photoshoot

095cye5xk1lc.jpg

Inuki on
  • Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    *blasts The Final Countdown*
    Oh Em Gee PAX is this weekend guys!!
    Here's my cosplay lineup. (Friday is jet lag recovery day)
    kivtkmk0vqrm.jpeg

• Options
    Made some good progress this weekend! Got my helmet put together and spray painted, and got my hood put together in the right fabric. I still have a ton to do and won't get everything I had planned done, but I think it'll be presentable.

k6bbemjgm73v.jpg

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    saphere wrote: »
    Made some good progress this weekend! Got my helmet put together and spray painted, and got my hood put together in the right fabric. I still have a ton to do and won't get everything I had planned done, but I think it'll be presentable.

k6bbemjgm73v.jpg

How'd you do the visibility part? I'm working on a No Man's Sky Korvax for my BF and I need some help on that if you can share!

• Options
    How'd you do the visibility part? I'm working on a No Man's Sky Korvax for my BF and I need some help on that if you can share!

Not sure if it's very helpful, I just bought this mask on Amazon and some purple window tint. The mask has some sort of paint so people can't see your face, but you can see out. There were a lot of creases in the window tint my first try since it's a curved surface, I need to redo it this week.

I also tried dying it purple with some fabric dye but it only dyed the inside, whatever paint is on the outside is not dyeable :(

• Options
    QualCTRLQualCTRL Registered User new member
    Excited to see everyone's cosplays at PAX! I recently just started by doing some budget cardboard Overwatch with friends XDm8ph6h6fy4zu.jpg

• Options
    QualCTRLQualCTRL Registered User new member
    edited August 2016
    I'm mainly going to be at PAX to get awesome photos of everyone's cosplays. Last time I visited Seattle was for Sakura-Con, and that was a blast!

I'm organizing a couple shoots throughout the weekend if anyone is interested. Send me a message/comment!

Attached some examples! (More at FB.me/EvanCPhoto)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/sn/c8vsqtpc4kxk.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/43/v4uct8kx5tj8.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/sa/trrd22o7d2nc.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/r0/kiivuppwod65.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/39/ulxotnuywaui.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/so/bmrzmmley0ay.jpg

zerzhul on
  • Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Seattle's Carl is back! That 'no stopping for cosplay photos in the Expo Hall' rule will keep me down, though... wandering the Expo Hall is my favorite time, and I don't like refusing requests. Still... should be good fun! Keep it rockin' a little harder now! Yeahehahah!

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    Initialdor wrote: »
    Seattle's Carl is back! That 'no stopping for cosplay photos in the Expo Hall' rule will keep me down, though... wandering the Expo Hall is my favorite time, and I don't like refusing requests. Still... should be good fun! Keep it rockin' a little harder now! Yeahehahah!

My costume is a bit too big, and that's sad to hear. I've had booth owners stop me before for photos at other cons, is that okay or no? Or is it a blanket no photography in the Expo Hall?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    My costume is a bit too big, and that's sad to hear. I've had booth owners stop me before for photos at other cons, is that okay or no? Or is it a blanket no photography in the Expo Hall?

Same here with the booth owners. The FAQ thread is the real place to ask that, but I'm pretty sure if it's at the exhibitor's request and it's in the exhibitor's own space, then it would be fine. The intent of the rule is to prevent traffic interruptions due to people stopping for photos in the walkways; which I am very guilty of in the previous 5 Primes ;)

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
  • Options
    jessBethesdajessBethesda Registered User new member
    Hey everyone,

We're orchestrating a community meet up for Bethesda cosplayers at our booth (Bethesda Booth #1102) Friday - Sunday at 3pm. Feel free to stop by any time for a photo, but if you want to meet some other fans and get involved in the group pic we encourage you to stop by at that time.

We look forward to seeing you there!

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Sp5hOlTqk

Costume test! I'm stoked for PAX!

• Options
    SatiusSatius Registered User new member
    Satius wrote: »
    I'm doing Mercy for two of the days, then Nurse Joy another day, and finally Candella the Team Valor leader from Pokemon Go.

Right now I have the Pokemon costumes done or close enough (Redoing the dress for Nurse Joy), however Mercy still has so many parts. Her wings and staff are making me anxious just thinking about them. All of the actual sewing is done though, so at least it's decently far along. Just have to work a little everyday at this point.
    Do you still need her staff and gun ?

Oh I just saw this! Sorry for the delay, yeah I never got to make her staff and gun, but I have everything else, so i figure I'll just make it sometime in the future. :)

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Here's our cosplay.

Edit, seems it wont upload at present

Edit 2, electric boogaloo, got it uploaded!

fm65u0bmn4zu.png

Hoboking006 on
    May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The flip flops of my costume have finally done me in. I can't show up Monday because my right foot has swelled up to the size of Cincinnati ovah here (Edit: but it's on the mend.) Good shoes are essential; don't end up like Carl.
    Speaking of being Carl: after 7 years of this in Seattle, I've finally heard about another Carl Brutanunanulewski... Did anyone get a pic of him?

Initialdor on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Initialdor wrote: »
    The flip flops of my costume have finally done me in. I can't show up Monday because my right foot has swelled up to the size of Cincinnati ovah here (Edit: but it's on the mend.) Good shoes are essential; don't end up like Carl.
    Speaking of being Carl: after 7 years of this in Seattle, I've finally heard about another Carl Brutanunanulewski... Did anyone get a pic of him?
    I saw this other Carl! I did not get a picture, but I was surprised.