As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snoo[chat]

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/06/09/creepy-startup-will-help-landlords-employers-and-online-dates-strip-mine-intimate-data-from-your-facebook-page/
    Its first product, Tenant Assured, is already live: After your would-be landlord sends you a request through the service, you’re required to grant it full access to your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and/or Instagram profiles. From there, Tenant Assured scrapes your site activity, including entire conversation threads and private messages; runs it through natural language processing and other analytic software; and finally, spits out a report that catalogues everything from your personality to your “financial stress level.”
    “If you’re living a normal life,” Thornhill reassures me, “then, frankly, you have nothing to worry about.”
    Make no mistake: The data will mislead. Among the behaviors that count against your Tenant Assured “credit” percentage — i.e., how confident the company is that you’ll pay rent — are “online retail social logins and frequency of social logins used for leisure activities.” In other words, Tenant Assured draws conclusions about your credit-worthiness based on things such as whether you post about shopping or going out on the weekends.
    I, for one, welcome our boring yet cyberpunk dystopian future.

I hate this so fucking much.
    Time to set up a separate Facebook page to game the system.

I've already started one, since an off-color joke from someone else I agreed with lost me an interview last week.

The post was from 2009.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/06/09/creepy-startup-will-help-landlords-employers-and-online-dates-strip-mine-intimate-data-from-your-facebook-page/
    Its first product, Tenant Assured, is already live: After your would-be landlord sends you a request through the service, you’re required to grant it full access to your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and/or Instagram profiles. From there, Tenant Assured scrapes your site activity, including entire conversation threads and private messages; runs it through natural language processing and other analytic software; and finally, spits out a report that catalogues everything from your personality to your “financial stress level.”
    “If you’re living a normal life,” Thornhill reassures me, “then, frankly, you have nothing to worry about.”
    Make no mistake: The data will mislead. Among the behaviors that count against your Tenant Assured “credit” percentage — i.e., how confident the company is that you’ll pay rent — are “online retail social logins and frequency of social logins used for leisure activities.” In other words, Tenant Assured draws conclusions about your credit-worthiness based on things such as whether you post about shopping or going out on the weekends.

"Things zepherin likes: Reading quietly at home alone, respecting other people's property, fiscal responsibility, paying rent."

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    huh

watchdogs 2 looks stupid.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    chu I'm pretty sure I live fairly close to you so if you want me to come put a door stop in her office door on the outside while she's in it, you let me know.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Elldren wrote: »

I wonder how someone using that service will react to a person like me who doesn't use any of those sites

Imagine a world where some formulated social media score was used in conjunction with your credit score, and having no social media was a negative?

I could see that happening.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Trace wrote: »
    huh

watchdogs 2 looks stupid.

watch_dogs 1 wasnt great.

I have hopes for them to make it the assassins creed 2 of the series - not the best, but setting the direction and making a good game out of something kind of incomplete.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular

I wonder how someone using that service will react to a person like me who doesn't use any of those sites

they'd hiss before disappearing into the night

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

I've already started one, since an off-color joke from someone else I agreed with lost me an interview last week.

The post was from 2009.
    woah how did that go down

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

The post was from 2009.

You need to change your privacy settings.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Kana wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    also because it's the climax to like the last few weeks of my professional life and has finally allowed me to relax my shoulders and not feel like a low energy beta cuck, i am reposting my work thing

she had nothing else to say to that, really, and then mentions how she only recently found out i lost a couple close loved ones in the past year- 'maybe that's why you're having trouble doing as well as you used to.' i found that hysterically inappropriate, too- but i just let it slide, since i was proud of not raging hard up to that point and wanted to keep it going. then she wished me well and i left.

p_q

Wooooooow

Good job chu

I would have gotten my ass fired from my reaction to that

i was livid. it starts as sort of her trying to be nice, i guess? she's like idk, before i promoted you 15 months ago you were hungry and detail oriented and stuff. you're still one of my favorite people here, but performance wise... i've heard you've had some lingering health problems and i just now found out you had some personal losses before coming back?

me, grinding teeth: yes, my sister and my nephew.

her, clucking sadly: that's terrible. i'm so sorry. maybe that's what's been distracting you lately.

*breathing exercises*

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Tav wrote: »
    @Elki can we change the football thread title to be something euros related since it's starting tomorrow? def helps with encouraging discussion and stuff

Make a new thread since I'm shit at maintaining title relevancy. I'll lock the other one.

@Tav

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Sort of like a person with no credit history?

• Options

The post was from 2009.

I called and asked and tried really hard not to explode over the phone.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    nobody cares about this post

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Just posting the buzzwords over and over would fuck it over pretty good.

*makes dozens of facebook posts about how incredibly capable of paying rent I am all the time*

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    cas eddy one time a long time ago people were talking about gay sex and stuff and you described like sitting in front of your partner, indian style or something, and jerking them off

look all i'm saying is i ain't forgot, that image is seared

Nono you sit up with your legs apart and then have the guy getting jerked sit between your legs and lean back on you (ideally you yourself lean your back straight against the baseboard or wall behind your bend)

And then because of the angle, the jerked guy gets the full might, dexterity, and stamina of your masturbating hand because the angle is the same as jerking your own dick. Potentially decades of muscle memory coming to your aid.

With the other arm you hold them roughly/tenderly, nuzzle/bite their neck/ears/face and whisper sweet/filthy things to then as they squirm

It's the best way to hj ever

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    chu I'm pretty sure I live fairly close to you so if you want me to come put a door stop in her office door on the outside while she's in it, you let me know.

i live in SW longmont, 15m from NE boulder

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    also because it's the climax to like the last few weeks of my professional life and has finally allowed me to relax my shoulders and not feel like a low energy beta cuck, i am reposting my work thing

she had nothing else to say to that, really, and then mentions how she only recently found out i lost a couple close loved ones in the past year- 'maybe that's why you're having trouble doing as well as you used to.' i found that hysterically inappropriate, too- but i just let it slide, since i was proud of not raging hard up to that point and wanted to keep it going. then she wished me well and i left.

p_q

Wooooooow

Good job chu

I would have gotten my ass fired from my reaction to that

i was livid. it starts as sort of her trying to be nice, i guess? she's like idk, before i promoted you 15 months ago you were hungry and detail oriented and stuff. you're still one of my favorite people here, but performance wise... i've heard you've had some lingering health problems and i just now found out you had some personal losses before coming back?

me, grinding teeth: yes, my sister and my nephew.

her, clucking sadly: that's terrible. i'm so sorry. maybe that's what's been distracting you lately.

*breathing exercises*

This is the kind of shit that everyone needs union representation for, IMHO.

:|

What an absolute monster.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    traffic is horrible and people are insane today

So, just another Thursday?

• Options
    cas eddy one time a long time ago people were talking about gay sex and stuff and you described like sitting in front of your partner, indian style or something, and jerking them off

Nono you sit up with your legs apart and then have the guy getting jerked sit between your legs and lean back on you (ideally you yourself lean your back straight against the baseboard or wall behind your bend)

And then because of the angle, the jerked guy gets the full might, dexterity, and stamina of your masturbating hand because the angle is the same as jerking your own dick. Potentially decades of muscle memory coming to your aid.

With the other arm you hold them roughly/tenderly, nuzzle/bite their neck/ears/face and whisper sweet/filthy things to then as they squirm

*nods thoughtfully*

*begins chanting WE'RE HERE, WE'RE QUEER*

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

oh my god

Im not gay, so the likelihood of ending up in that situation is incredibly slight...

but oh my god.

oh my god.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

Imagine a world where some formulated social media score was used in conjunction with your credit score, and having no social media was a negative?

There are already some places that teach HR staff if you can't find someone's FB or Twitter history, that means it's probably been deleted by the person to dodge the digging.

That's one of the primary reasons I decided to start using FB again.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

My online social presence is non-existent

edit: ftfm

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    BF/Future husband told me I am one of like three people who has ever gotten him to completion
    I was like O.O "I thought I was really bad with you or something I am so glad you told me this."
    Me? I'm like a mousetrap 24/7.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

It's a violation of privacy and also just stupid.

I swear, 'privacy' is just going to slowly become an outmoded concept over time. Like, when my nephew is my age, he'll have no fucking concept of what we used to mean when we talked about privacy or privacy rights.

:|

Yeah that's kinda the way it is going. I'm 30 and I already consider privacy kind of a privalleged bullshit concept. We haven't had privacy for a long time. Most especially in the face of developments over the past 20 years both technologically and governmentally.

• Options
    It is the literal stranger.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Casual Eddy just made a bunch of straight guys much more interested in the gay experience.

Quid on
  • Options

There are already some places that teach HR staff if you can't find someone's FB or Twitter history, that means it's probably been deleted by the person to dodge the digging.

That is so cruel. I love how cruel HR can be re:hiring *sobs uncontrollably*.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Casual Eddy just made a bunch of guys much more interested in the gay experience.
    all the gay sites I read are obsessed with str8 metrics lately
    like "read here how str8 guys do gay stuff more often"
    "str8 guys on reddit talk about their man/man experiences"
    "str8 guys now more likely to have casual sex with other men"
    anyways everyone needs to share all their stories

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    MEmere askin' me why I'm blushing goddamn it Ceddy

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Casual Eddy just made a bunch of guys much more interested in the gay experience.
    that single post did for gay what o brother where art thou did for bluegrass

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    BF/Future husband told me I am one of like three people who has ever gotten him to completion
    I was like O.O "I thought I was really bad with you or something I am so glad you told me this."
    Me? I'm like a mousetrap 24/7.

I'm more on the future husbando end of the spectrum. Though recently I've been watching less porn and varying my jerking more and the results have been positive.

('like a mousetrap' = A+)

• Options
    wait how did i just end up on HRC homepage

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Sort of like a person with no credit history?

I should nuke Facebook

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I'm not attracted to men, but that is something that is very erotic.

Even a bit artistic

zepherin on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

The post was from 2009.

I called and asked and tried really hard not to explode over the phone.

I'll nuke them too

Send me deets

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Casual Eddy just made a bunch of straight guys much more interested in the gay experience.

*huff puff*

oh hai guys

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I kissed a dude once.

I felt absolutely nothing. It wasn't revusion or anything, just like... nothing.

It was the moment I was most assured of my heterosexuality. I wasn't mad or fighting aginst it or acting in any overcompensting factor... it was just a thing that I felt absolutely nothing towards a opposed to the thunderstorm of chemicals that flood my system when I kiss a girl and like it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    wait how did i just end up on HRC homepage
    elaborate hacking

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

That is so cruel. I love how cruel HR can be re:hiring *sobs uncontrollably*.

*shrugs*

I can't speak to other areas, but the problem here is simply that there are too many applicants and not enough demand for workers. So HR departments develop some really intricate screening processes because they have a lot of people to filter through.

With Love and Courage
This discussion has been closed.