As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes never [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    like for real, there's an undergrad course that needs sessional tutors that is all about film genres and auteurs

I was made to teach that subject

*forces all his students to watch Tarkovsky*

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    My cousin just called me on speakerphone while she was on a date, with the dude in the background, and talked about our family for half an hour

omg this power play

Was he included in the conversation, or did she literally have a conversation with just you on speakerphone and he didn't talk at all?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I've never seen Tarkovsky, is that an anime?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

*adds another name to the enemies list*

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Yes, he made Samurai Jack

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So back on overwatch

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It's about a magical elf that helps a shy boy become the world class steelworker that he always wanted to be

But watch out because the fey court need to be paid in blood and sorrow

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    My cousin just called me on speakerphone while she was on a date, with the dude in the background, and talked about our family for half an hour

omg this power play

Was he included in the conversation, or did she literally have a conversation with just you on speakerphone and he didn't talk at all?

90%/10%

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Aaand I just read that Khoo is leaving PA.

The hell.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    job applications suuuuuck

I'm writing the key selection criteria response for these teaching positions for next semester and ughhhhhh

Wait until they get to the interview portion. Boy, they are going to be surprised they're trying to hire a simonwolf.

Listen I've got all kinds of anecdotes that demonstrate my ability to educate

Like those Italian twins I kept safe, or that Indian kid I raised

Oh soyou were the one who took in my dad and aunt?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

omg this power play

90%/10%

i think i would be mega horrified as the dude

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

omg this power play

90%/10%

i think i would be mega horrified as the dude

I think alcohol was doing a lot of work

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That's Tartakovsky. Tarkovsky made films in Soviet Russia where you could only afford one take per scene.

• Options
    got a good coupla overwatch hours in before the salt consumed me

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Like a pretzel factory

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Ugh maaan

the Korean webcomic artist whose stuff I had been posting in the webcomics thread finally updated about her health condition, and it's apparently stomach and intestinal cancer.

What a bummer

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    i've been feeling really gloomy with my mom's 10th anniversary coming up. eben trying to recreate some of the recipes she liked. right now it's elbow macaroni with cheese and stewed tomatoes. i remember it was made and served in a big stockpot (huge quantities for dinner and a few days of leftovers for 6 people). it's possible it was just macaroni plus a bunch of shredded cheese plus a can of stewed tomatoes. i don't even think there was like, milk or breadcrumbs or flour or other common mac+cheese things.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Aaand I just read that Khoo is leaving PA.

The hell.

He's running as a third party candidate in the general.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    i've been feeling really gloomy with my mom's 10th anniversary coming up. eben trying to recreate some of the recipes she liked. right now it's elbow macaroni with cheese and stewed tomatoes. i remember it was made and served in a big stockpot (huge quantities for dinner and a few days of leftovers for 6 people). it's possible it was just macaroni plus a bunch of shredded cheese plus a can of stewed tomatoes. i don't even think there was like, milk or breadcrumbs or flour or other common mac+cheese things.

Could the stewed tomatoes have been Ro-Tel or something?

• Options

I had fun for the brief time I was in the group!

Thanks for being the ONE person to stand up and tell me that my mic is shit. :P

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

haha i thought you were being sarcastic because it's so hilariously bad that i couldn't believe you hadn't heard it before

your voice comes through with clarity, i can understand everything- just a whole ton of ambient static. do you maybe have a mic pointed near your face?

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Could the stewed tomatoes have been Ro-Tel or something?

like with the chiles? hm, might could be. my ma did like spicy stuff but i don't remember any green in the dish.

• Options
    edited June 2016

haha i thought you were being sarcastic because it's so hilariously bad that i couldn't believe you hadn't heard it before

your voice comes through with clarity, i can understand everything- just a whole ton of ambient static. do you maybe have a mic pointed near your face?

Oh I am not surprised at all to find out it is adding a ton of noise. It is just a shitty webcam mic, so it makes sense. I've tested it before and didn't much of a problem, but who knows. I guess I will have to figure out how to make my 360 headset work on win10.

Neco on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    5Zj6o4t.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    It's a bit nippy today. Or maybe that's my anxiety.

• Options
    So I'm thinking about doing a project once my divorce is final.

I was thinking about taking this, gutting it, and putting a kickass desktop rig inside.

Y/N?

• Options

I was thinking about taking this, gutting it, and putting a kickass desktop rig inside.

Y/N?

If sone right, it could turn ou really cool looking, but on the other hand, it might be cooler as is. I dunno! I would probably do it if if I had the chance and desire.

• Options

Y/N?

If sone right, it could turn ou really cool looking, but on the other hand, it might be cooler as is. I dunno! I would probably do it if if I had the chance and desire.

It'd be kinda cool if I could install an analog temp gauge in the hole for the liquid cooling and use the rotary dials to control the fan speed.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Henry Rollins is doing one of his evening with Henry Rollins things here in November

using this location: https://www.facebook.com/sanctuaryeventscenter/

this makes me smile

both because it's Henry Rollins in a century old church and I love it when cool old buildings get turned into concert venues

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf13MmZIcLs

Hilarious sidenote: If you want booze during the show you apparently have to buy a balcony seat because the local booking agency that set up the show decided it should be an all ages show.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 2.5

@Kana will create the new thread
    @Bogart is backup

This discussion has been closed.