As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prepare for [Titanfall 2]

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    anyhow in the MP, last titan standing has proved to be pretty fun even though I don't have tone yet and that makes me an official jabroni, I think

northstar with an extra dash is my jam right now even if her core ability is basically a giant neon "attention all tones, please kill me" sign

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I need to play this

I haven't played it in two weeks

:x

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Northstar's core is abysmal. It's Pharah ult from over watch but with less damage, forced air and hitting tanker targets.

What is it even for other than doing some damage when someone gets the drop on you and you're dead anyway.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i eventually started just running past enemies in the single player and killing only the ones that were in my way

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Note for people into trophies/achievements:

That one level near the end, you know the one, is really good for getting some of those "get X kills while Y" trophies

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey PC players, there's a new exploit out there running wild, involving Ion. I'll put info in the spoiler if you want to know what to look out for.
    Apparently Ion's vortex shield drain speed and energy drain speed are framerate dependent. This means, the lower your framerate, the longer your shield lasts. If you see people running around with 10+ seconds of shield, this is why. There's software out there that will let your cap your FPS on the fly, so people are rapidly switch framerates with it to surprise people with super long shields.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-LycfkOzU

Devs are aware of it, no idea when a fix is coming.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The main Respawn dev team is on vacation until the new year, only a skeleton crew remains to fix fires

dunno if this counts as fires

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I finally got tone. I'm real now

only downside is that tone v tone fights are actually less fun than just fighting tone with another mech, but having sonar pulse and a shield everyone can take advantage of (to say nothing of how fuckin powerful missile salvo is) is just so nice on a LTS team

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Huh that's kind of a really big exploit

Its severity depends on how many people use it though

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I played for a little last night

Man, my reflexes are out of shape, holy shit

The new revolver seems neat, but I'm not sure if it's better for me than the other revolver

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I can confirm you cannot use one of your double XP boosts along with the 2x XP weekend.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I can confirm you cannot use one of your double XP boosts along with the 2x XP weekend.

Yeah I was so sad, I was hoping to stack and get to gen 3 this weekend

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Man
    I am missing this game
    Family time is good though
    Anyway, look at this guy's tricks for Ronin

He pushes into the bubble of a new enemy's new Titan, which melts his Ronin's health

And then nukes his Ronin right next to the new enemy Titan the instant that bubble is gone

https://youtu.be/ANmeR-H98A0
    Which is maybe the cleverest, most evil thing I've yet seen in Titanfall 2

And he has a pretty good phase shift guide too

https://youtu.be/-ifrqqaV87E

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I love

everything about prestiging in this game

• Options
    I love

everything about prestiging in this game

They finally figured out a way to do it without me feeling like I've lost a lot of progress and completely deflated.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Now in Mass Effect Andromeda I want them to do the funeral scene from Wrath of Khan whenever you prestige

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Well I haven't had a ton of time to play but I have managed to regen both my pilot and my mastiff. Ronin is still only lvl 15 though. Other than that I had this fun moment that made me laugh like a loon.

Who wants to watch me dance a jig for two Northstars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STJ5H-eZRR0

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    There's two kinds of people in this world:
    The people cool enough to rock Ronin 24/7 and everyone else.

And, I don't know, Inuits, I guess.

• Options
    I've been forcing myself to play a totally unfamiliar kit just to diversify a bit lately

Has anyone managed to get a different execution from an advocate gift?

• Options
    Just got a triple kill with a nuclear Ronin

Man that felt good

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Ejecting is overrated

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I've been forcing myself to play a totally unfamiliar kit just to diversify a bit lately

Has anyone managed to get a different execution from an advocate gift?

I know someone who got an Execution from an advocate gift, but I've not seen one despite being 5.35; apparently you have a better chance of getting it as a gift from playing the Colosseum.

That said, I have bought one, and I'm currently sitting on 1.5k credits, so it isn't too tricky to just buy the one you want.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mountain Dew 12 pack xp code.

MYTAXZNYAY

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I need to get teamed up with peeps again if I'm going to get back into any sort of groove with this game

And play enough to get the credits to unlock phase shift and the quiet feet

And i should probably put the Eva aside and I until I get phase shift

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Nah, Eva is great with pretty much every gear loadout. As long as you have a good way to get yourself in proximity to someone's face the Eva will always work out.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    forcing myself to play without the grappling hook in order to try and get some sort of movement fundamentals goin on

this here pulse blade is pretty handy, turns out

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I wanted to do cool stuff with the grappling hook, but mostly stuff like this happened
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=20oGjuY0eiY

• Options
    not being able to grapple into my titan right as it hits the ground is a big negative though

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I really like the grappling hook. I do use other kits from time to time but the mobility of the grappling hook is amazing.

The boost kit beats it in wide open maps where there isn't a lot of verticality - like Homestead.

• Options
    After having to use the grappling hook for a bit since I regened I really missed phase shift even if the mobility is way better. I need that get me out of here button.

I really need to play more on console to unlock the phase shift there cause I have a problem where I accidentally hit grappling hook instead of grenade which leads to some real problems.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I kind of love that everyone considers their kit of choice to be The Best

Like Giant Bomb dudes swear up and down that Stim is the only good one, and that's crazy to me! Grappling Hook all day every day, bro

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Grapple feels like the weakest of the pilot tactical skills

And I remember holopilot exists

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I think holo pilot is probably really good in pilot vs pilot and domination or king of the hill or whatever it's called. It's not very good for attrition or bounty hunt.

Pulse blade is super useful, but it's kinda boring.

• Options
    Grappling hook let's you build crazy momentum for wall running it had a insane top speed

Its amazing

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Grappling hook let's you build crazy momentum for wall running it had a insane top speed

Its amazing

I still think stim is better, but I've been using grappling hook a lot lately. It let's you move in more unpredictable ways.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    its also super handy for getting up buildings fast

• Options
    Oh yeah don't get me wrong I'm glad people like the stim I just can't stand not having mobility and vertical speed with the hook

My whole game plan is surprise and distraction so I need to be able to approach from unexpected angles at all times

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Man, moving between this, Overwatch, Doom, and Battlefront will fuck with you real good.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Man moving between this, Overwatch, Doom, and Battlefront will fuck with you real good.

For me it's this, Destiny, and Deus Ex Human Revolution. That one's a real weird combo.