As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How The [chat] Was Won

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Better fate than Eddy in that situation, Fro.

He'd tell someone about this amazing girl he met and how he had scheduled a date with her
    and they'd be like

dude that lady died in 1892. You were talking to a ghost.

And he'd just pull out a cigarette, sit in the window, and stare

I kinda wanna Burning It All Down

And, after a stranger showed attraction and Genuine Interest, I kinda retroactively hate all the women I've been on dates with over the past few months

This is Unhealthy, and I am Very Unhappy

... crime spree?

Sure why not

Okay, here we go!

We need at least two more to make a good crime spree work. Ideally 5 with a designated driver, but we can work around that handicap if necessary.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Staying out of the gun thread.

April Fools idea though.

Gun thread, tipping thread, abortion thread, MRA thread, basically nothing but on-topic hyper-controversial threads. With strictly enforced rules. Anyone who doesn't get infracted or banned that day gets a Medal of Honor badge.

No see that would make the mods the fools and they do not suffer that title lightly.

The smart forumers would just stay away. The rest would be an infract-and-ban shooting gallery.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Like when the police send out those "you just won a trip THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A TRICK" notices to criminals who all show up and get arrested.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Staying out of the gun thread.

April Fools idea though.

Gun thread, tipping thread, abortion thread, MRA thread, basically nothing but on-topic hyper-controversial threads. With strictly enforced rules. Anyone who doesn't get infracted or banned that day gets a Medal of Honor badge.

No see that would make the mods the fools and they do not suffer that title lightly.

The smart forumers would just stay away. The rest would be an infract-and-ban shooting gallery.

Nah you'd probably have a bunch of reasonable discussion with nuanced positions and real life changing moments.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Better fate than Eddy in that situation, Fro.

He'd tell someone about this amazing girl he met and how he had scheduled a date with her
    and they'd be like

dude that lady died in 1892. You were talking to a ghost.

And he'd just pull out a cigarette, sit in the window, and stare

I kinda wanna Burning It All Down

And, after a stranger showed attraction and Genuine Interest, I kinda retroactively hate all the women I've been on dates with over the past few months

This is Unhealthy, and I am Very Unhappy

... crime spree?

Sure why not

Okay, here we go!

We need at least two more to make a good crime spree work. Ideally 5 with a designated driver, but we can work around that handicap if necessary.

Here are my credentials:

qlknf079rqz4.jpg

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I find that if you think before you post and try even a little not to be dismissive or dickish when posting in controversial threads, you don't get infracted

If you find that difficult then you probably need to look inward for a while

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i can't take pics of any of the banner since there are too many people around and i have the common decency not to openly mock my boss and just do it anonymously on an internet forum

but my favorite i think is
    Service:

The most important thing in this building we carry.

that's not even how words work

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I find that if you think before you post and try even a little not to be dismissive or dickish when posting in controversial threads, you don't get infracted

if you honestly hold this option the you're a cis gooselord

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Ravenesque

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    1st phone interview handled and handled well! 2nd phone interview scheduled for next week and if that goes good I get an in-person.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    so i can't take pics of any of the banner since there are too many people around and i have the common decency not to openly mock my boss and just do it anonymously on an internet forum

but my favorite i think is
    Service:

The most important thing in this building we carry.

that's not even how words work

Some dude is going to get service tattoo'd on his dick.

"Today we're offering service with a smile." Drop pants, smiles.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Still think the trap Anime thread was the best.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Most people would read this and agree with you. But things are generally controversial when people have an emotional investment in them so they can get away from even their usually calm selves.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also one is a vince lombardi quotation of course

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Modding is also subjective. Sometimes you just have to know to avoid posting in things that will get you in trouble. I clearly don't but someone does.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Still think the trap Anime thread was the best.

that's because it was and you have correct opinions

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Now I be Busta rhymes multimedia
    Latest addition added to the street encyclopedia

desc on
  • Options

All the rational arguments are usually made within the first 5 pages. After that it just seems to turn into point scoring and sniping. You might redirect it occasionally, but you'll just be re-making a rational argument that's already been made.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Bogart @Mojo_Jojo I think?

Finalized shipping on my Cthulhu Wars expansion stuff. I added a bunch to my order so they gave me almost all the rewards, like all the great old ones as glow in the dark figures, plastic gates, custom dice, etc

Missed out on the giant bust of Lovecraft as a turn marker though, which I shall forever regret...

I will have to wait until they go on sale to Joe Public like myself, but I definitely want at least one expansion to let us play with five.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    @bowen wait you're moving to CO? what part?

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Caliente wearing Sergio Valente
    Shorty whippin' in a Mitsubishi Diamanté

I haven't listened to this album in a while

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I can't stop farting send help

• Options

All the rational arguments are usually made within the first 5 pages. After that it just seems to turn into point scoring and sniping. You might redirect it occasionally, but you'll just be re-making a rational argument that's already been made.

That or the same thing gets hashed out once every 10 pages because someone jumps in who hasn't read anything but the OP and throws the same hand grenade that someone else did.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Caliente wearing Sergio Valente
    Shorty whippin' in a Mitsubishi Diamanté

I haven't listened to this album in a while

Ayo street mergers I legislated
    The nerve I never hated
    On murders pre-meditated
    Absurd! I hesitated
    Observe: cock and spray
    Hit you from a block away
    Drinking sake on a Suzuki we in Osaka Bay

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »

Why would we do that? The smell alone trace.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

If only they made a plug for butts.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

@AresProphet Near Denver/Aurora

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Have you tried NOT farting?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

If only they made a plug for butts.

You'd still have to send a man in there and then close the door like on a submarine.

"Thank you dave, god speed."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    there is an open WiFi network near this college bar called wukong

neeeeerds

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I Can't Believe It's Not Raven!™

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

AresProphet Near Denver/Aurora

nice dude

I'm living in the DU area now. there's cool shit everywhere here.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    @Bogart @Mojo_Jojo I think?

Finalized shipping on my Cthulhu Wars expansion stuff. I added a bunch to my order so they gave me almost all the rewards, like all the great old ones as glow in the dark figures, plastic gates, custom dice, etc

Missed out on the giant bust of Lovecraft as a turn marker though, which I shall forever regret...

I will have to wait until they go on sale to Joe Public like myself, but I definitely want at least one expansion to let us play with five.

You can get a lot of the expansion figures on eBay. The high priests are IMO necessary, and the factions are excellent.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

if you honestly hold this option the you're a cis gooselord

geez vowels do you even think before you post

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

nice dude

looks like a lot more job opportunities

now if I can just get one of them

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    deleted my linkedin account and unsubscribed from emails

less than two mins later

"We're sorry to see you go!"

piss off

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

nice dude

Thought you were down by five points?

I like the DU area.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

ylorzzcifxy8.jpg

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    deleted my linkedin account and unsubscribed from emails

less than two mins later

"We're sorry to see you go!"

piss off

bill gates has your datas tav

he is going to get you to upgrade to win10 one way or the other

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    mfw I am almost done working at 00:40 and go take a leak, then when I get back I see the computer shutting off into windows update

5 year 5400rpm drive never defragmented, upstart takes about 10 minutes

PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.