As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX Thursday] Welcome to the START OF TERM FEAST - PAX family is best family <3

TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailorSeattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited September 2016 in PAX West
It is the First of September and after a long journey you finally arrive on the steps of a looming, enchanted castle. For some your journey here was your very first while for others this is familiar ground. You enter the school with your fellow students and are lead to a grand hall to be seated and one by one the new students are called up to the front. Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, the new students are sorted into their Houses, join their newfound classmates, and with the Sorting Ceremony concluded enjoy one of the greatest dinners they’ll ever have before embarking on their challenging school year!

Welcome to the

C4fvemW_zpsbxgmpg8u.jpg
"The very best of evenings to you! Now… to our new students, welcome, to our old students, welcome back! Another night full of drunken education awaits you…"

WHAT THIS IS
The Start-of-Term Feast, formerly the Pre-PAX Dinner, is a yearly, buffet style, catered dinner held at Barça the night before PAX Prime West that gives PAXers, both new and old, a chance to hang out, eat a ton of great food, and get to know each other! It also gives everyone attending the Pre-PAX West Pub Crawl: The Triwizard Drinking Tournament, a chance to eat before a merry night of drinking and charity fund raising which you should totally sign up for! https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205298/pax-thursday-the-triwizard-drinking-tournament-2-registration-is-live/p1

And yes, you are totally free to wear your TWDT costumes to this! I’d be a little disappointed if you didn’t, honestly :D

WHEN IS THIS
September 1st @ 6:00 PM

WHERE IS THIS
The dinner will be held in its traditional location: Barça!
1510 11th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
http://www.barcaseattle.com

Barça has been a fantastic location for years and the staff there has shown us an incredible amount of hospitality for as long as the dinner has been held there. Please be respectful to the staff and the bar itself!

HOW DO I GET IN
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-start-of-term-feast-aka-the-pre-pax-dinner-tickets-26017359623
As always, I make exactly zero dollars on this event. Tickets are priced to exactly cover the cost of the caterer. I will be happy to provide a copy of my expenses to anyone wanting to see them in case there’s a question about this.

THE MENU
Catering this year is being provided for the first time by Joy Max Catering!

SALADS
•Cucumber Greek Salad
•Cucumbers, Roma Tomatoes, diced Red Onions, Feta Cheese tossed in a Greek Dressing
•Carrot Broccoli Raisin Salad
•Shredded Carrots and Broccoli Floweret’s steamed till tender with sweet Raisin tossed in a Tangy Sweet Coleslaw Dressing

SIDES
•Steamed Baby Yukons and Reds with Butter and Fresh Herbs - (Vegetarian and Gluten Free)
•Cheese Tortellini w/Mushrooms, Spinach and Pancetta - Sauteed Mushrooms, Onions, Spinach with a touch of Pancetta tossed with Olive oil and Cheese Tortellini
•Butter Herb Rice - Steamed Long Grain and Wild Rice with Butter and Herbs ( Vegetarian and Gluten Free)

ENTRÉES
•Tuscan Chicken - Oven roasted Italian Bone In Chicken slow cooked with Italian Herbs, Sweet Stewed Tomatoes, Green Spanish Olives and Shallots (Gluten Free)
•Memphis Maple Grilled Pork Tenderloin - Pork Tenderloin marinated and rubbed in a sweet but spicy blend of spices than grilled till just done in the center (Gluten Free)
•Shrimp Quiche Pie
•Sundried Tomatoe Quiche Pie (Vegetarian)
@PAXTriwizard on Twitter for updates on this year's PAX Thursday night shenanigans!

wWuzwvJ.png
TOGSolid on

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Edit: nvm!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Woohoo! Got my tickets!!

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Barça's page says they have live jazz on Thursdays. Will attendees be subjected to it, or do we get a space protected from this music?

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Barça's page says they have live jazz on Thursdays. Will attendees be subjected to it, or do we get a space protected from this music?

Maybe they will surprise you

ClannMorgan on
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    In years past the meal is normally before the band show up..

Now, during the triwizards drinking tournament, the band is normally there but blasting out damn good video game tracks..

Oh and Woot! Got my ticket for the food

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    Got my set of tickets. This will be great

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I always debate this because I go to pre-pax gaming and then try to crash early for sleep..but it sounds like a lot of fun :)

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Solelron wrote: »
    I always debate this because I go to pre-pax gaming and then try to crash early for sleep..but it sounds like a lot of fun :)

Do the event you don't usually do. All the pre-PAX events are awesome. Also, nightly gaming is easy to find every night during PAX, but a big catered dinner an pub-crawl is not.

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Come eat dinner and then walk (or whatever) down the hill to pre-PAX gaming. That's what I plan to do.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Solelron wrote: »

Sweet, join us in dinner, then join us at the TWDT :-D

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
    Baka Al wrote: »
    In years past the meal is normally before the band show up..

Now, during the triwizards drinking tournament, the band is normally there but blasting out damn good video game tracks..

Yup! I dunno if the video game music band will be back for the crawl but the dinner has always been a music free event.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • legolego Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I literally have negative excuses for not going, as it's literally right by my new apartment. Literally.

Looking forward to my first West!

lego on
    PAX East since 2013, PAX West since 2016
  • shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    I'd make a comment about the no watermelon but seeing no pax trip for me this year I'll let you off :P

edited June 2016
    I'd make a comment about the no watermelon but seeing no pax trip for me this year I'll let you off :P

I switched caterers so the watermelon dish is gone forever, sadly.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited July 2016
    We're 50% sold out with a little over two weeks left to get your ticket! Crunch time is here!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • sqizRoxsqizRox Mountain Goat Central Valley, California, USARegistered User regular
    Thank you for including gluten free options.

edited August 2016
    Ticket sales end in one week on the 18th! Get one while you can!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    I finally picked up my ticket! Excited to mingle with you all before the big night!

bn4KEyz.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I shall be in attendance dishing out forum badges :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I got my ticket!

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited August 2016
    If you're the sort to wait to the last minute this is it! Ticket sales end tonight and there will be no exceptions!
    https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    Have you sold enough tickets to come out even?

bn4KEyz.png
    dm_magic wrote: »
    Have you sold enough tickets to come out even?

I always do. I cut ticket sales off two weeks early so that I can submit a final count and then the caterer has time to prep and I only get charged for what was sold. 78 people have signed up with a couple hours left so not a bad turnout!

wWuzwvJ.png
    YAY!

bn4KEyz.png
    edited August 2016
    Ticket sales are over! See you all in two weeks!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2016
    I lied! There are two tickets open and they will be available until the night of the dinner. Get them while you can!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • industrialgirlindustrialgirl Registered User regular
    sweet! Looks like I'm going.

And sold out again!

<3

wWuzwvJ.png
  • iAlexiAlex Registered User regular
    Hi All! If any tickets open up, it'll be mentioned here? I was late to register... :-(

If someone last minute cancels then yes, it will be announced here and on the @PAXTriwizard twitter account.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • industrialgirlindustrialgirl Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    If someone last minute cancels then yes, it will be announced here and on the @PAXTriwizard twitter account.

Ugh, I just got my ticket... but it looks like I have to cancel. I hate doing this last min, but am happy that @iAlex0488 wants to go. I have a bunch of Enforcer meetings that I have to go to that conflict with dinner. :( I just put in for a refund.

Ugh, I just got my ticket... but it looks like I have to cancel. I hate doing this last min, but am happy that @iAlex0488 wants to go. I have a bunch of Enforcer meetings that I have to go to that conflict with dinner. :( I just put in for a refund.

Order refunded!

@iAlex0488 her ticket is now open!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • iAlexiAlex Registered User regular

Order refunded!

Hmmm, seems like it's still sold out. Was I too slow?

iAlex0488 wrote: »

Order refunded!

Hmmm, seems like it's still sold out. Was I too slow?

Unfortunately it looks like someone else snuck in even though I never advertised anywhere else the ticket was available :(

wWuzwvJ.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Great event @TOGSolid I cannot congratulate you enough for your efforts. The food was excellent as was the company; well done!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    This was my first feast, but shall not be my last! Thanks @TOGSolid , and fantastic to hang out with you, @kropotkin , @ClannMorgan & hubby!

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
    edited September 2016
    <3 you all and I eagerly await everyone's return to another year at PAX Hogwarts! I got grander plans for next year so stay tuned!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    I realize I spent so much time socializing and selling wands that I didn't eat more than a few bites. Maybe next year I'll gift my ticket and just show up for the bevies.

:)

bn4KEyz.png