As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The big sticker for me is the quarterly price increase

Just means I'll finally get a year at a time, currently I'm like "oh yeah it's time to re-up, here's $17 for another three months"

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Not happy about the increase, but it's true that you can frequently get discounted cards and stockpile them. I don't do that, but I should and maybe will start.

On a non-pricing-related note, pretty damn excited for Inside tomorrow!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    The big sticker for me is the quarterly price increase

Just means I'll finally get a year at a time, currently I'm like "oh yeah it's time to re-up, here's $17 for another three months"
    Yeah. Same. I usually cant afford 60 dollars at once, but can afford 17. The increase to 24 means I...cant really afford that either. But I might look into maybe saving up a few dollars per month for the yearly.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    XBLive has been $60 for a while, btw.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Does anyone know how to cancel PS+ auto-renewal via the website? Can't seem to figure it out. The sony support tab says to find the subscription on the Media > Games tab, but there are 62 pages of that stuff...

Nevermind, found it. After clicking through 42 pages and ctrl+f'ing "plus" on each page. Pretty shady, sony.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Fucking $20 increase in Canada. Jesus fuck.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Does anyone know how to cancel PS+ auto-renewal via the website? Can't seem to figure it out. The sony support tab says to find the subscription on the Media > Games tab, but there are 62 pages of that stuff...

Nevermind, found it. After clicking through 42 pages and ctrl+f'ing "plus" on each page. Pretty shady, sony.

Alternatively, if anyone else tries to do this:

1. Go to PlayStation Store website
    2. Sign in
    3. Where it lists your username, hover over it and go to account details (it may prompt you to sign in again if you're already auto-signed in, it did for me)
    4. Click "Wallet"
    5. Under "Automatically add funds to renew subscriptions or pay for pre-ordered content," switch it to "No"

Should take you less than a minute

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I can't remember how long ago I did it, but I didn't find turning off auto-renew to be complicated or hidden away at all really.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I can't remember how long ago I did it, but I didn't find turning off auto-renew to be complicated or hidden away at all really.
    On the website, it is. On the PS4, it's really easy to find.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I get LIVE for $35-40 a year through ebay or some such. Every year. One year I even got a free year of Live from Best Buy for buying the expensive version of Halo 4. From idle observation, Ps+ pricing is the same. So nobody should be paying $60 a year. Vow, you're paying more than $60 with that model. Why would you do that?!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I get LIVE for $35-40 a year through ebay or some such. Every year. One year I even got a free year of Live from Best Buy for buying the expensive version of Halo 4. From idle observation, Ps+ pricing is the same. So nobody should be paying $60 a year. Vow, you're paying more than $60 with that model. Why would you do that?!

I've never seen a deal for PS+ and I've been looking pretty regularly.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    My Playstation wireless Gold 2.0 headset is tearing at the seams (literally!). Anyone know of a decent wireless headset that works on ps4 and pc? Must have a mic.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    My Playstation wireless Gold 2.0 headset is tearing at the seams (literally!). Anyone know of a decent wireless headset that works on ps4 and pc? Must have a mic.

I too am interested in the answer to this...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Mine did the same thing so I just bought another earbud set. Everyone says I'm much clearer on that than the Gold

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I've never seen a deal for PS+ and I've been looking pretty regularly.

All I can tell ya is to be a bit more deal hungry. I just Googled up 3. All expired, but they do happen. Cheap Ass Games is your friend here.

• Options

Mine did the same thing so I just bought another earbud set. Everyone says I'm much clearer on that than the Gold

I want it less for the chat tbh. I liked the surround sound aspect of the Gold so if i can something like that, AWESOME!

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

2. Sign in
    3. Where it lists your username, hover over it and go to account details (it may prompt you to sign in again if you're already auto-signed in, it did for me)
    4. Click "Wallet"
    5. Under "Automatically add funds to renew subscriptions or pay for pre-ordered content," switch it to "No"

Yeah I was able to find that pretty easily. Just wanted to make sure. Meant to actually cancel the renewal before it renewed last January but spaced on it. Price hike reminded me to do so, and I'm away from my PS4 for a while.

Also, if you turn off auto add funds but don't cancel the auto renewal, I think psn will take funds out if your wallet if there are any in there to take.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    The best way to cancel auto renewal is to have that card expire, and then add a new card but don't set it to primary. I'm keeping it like this forever, because fuck you for not making it easy to cancel a subscription.

$20 more a year is annoying, but if that is life changing for you then you should probably find a new hobby.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

I want it less for the chat tbh. I liked the surround sound aspect of the Gold so if i can something like that, AWESOME!

Lots of wireless usb headsets are supported on the ps4. There's a place where you can check compatibility somewhere. Is the gold headset under warranty? Might try that route.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »

Lots of wireless usb headsets are supported on the ps4. There's a place where you can check compatibility somewhere. Is the gold headset under warranty? Might try that route.

I've had it since it released so it's sadly over the warranty period. Proper hammered too, broken hinge and torn leather.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i don't think its unnatural to ask "why am i spending more for the same thing".

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »

Because everything always costs more. Bread, gas, water, rent, food, movie tickets, so forth, so on, etc, have always increased in price. Its the way the world works. In general, people make more money these days, so things raise in price because people will still pay for it.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Not that I'm happy about it or defending it really, but I also don't think it's unnatural to pay $60 for something that was $50 for the last 6 years, when the competitor had already raised their price. The "free" games haven't been as awe-inspiring as they were when the PS3 library was mature, and the price was debatable before it was absolutely required for online gaming, but I will continue to subscribe because I play Destiny a lot and because PS Plus save game storage was a huge deal for me when my original fat 60GB PS3 died.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

2. Sign in
    4. Click "Wallet"

Yeah I was able to find that pretty easily. Just wanted to make sure. Meant to actually cancel the renewal before it renewed last January but spaced on it. Price hike reminded me to do so, and I'm away from my PS4 for a while.

Also, if you turn off auto add funds but don't cancel the auto renewal, I think psn will take funds out if your wallet if there are any in there to take.

Yep, you're only turning off exactly what it says. If you have sufficient funds to buy the same sub you had before it will go and do that for you.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    PSN Capcom Humble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-playstation-bundle

I saw it when the average was $6.75 and I should have jumped on it. Now it's up to $8 something and I feel like the only thing I really want - Resident Evil - will be less than that in a PSN sale sometime.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    If I didn't already have most of those games I would be all over it. Only one I'd be interested in is Super Turbo Fighter.

Would've been great if they also added DMC4 SE.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Shut up though, BIG NEWS for PC: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/08/22/introducing-the-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor/

God yes. I've been struggling to get the DS4 working on my PC through unofficial software; I would always have latency issues and/or the controller would spazz out with certain games. I will buy the hell out of that adapter.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Shut up though, BIG NEWS for PC: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/08/22/introducing-the-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor/

God yes. I've been struggling to get the DS4 working on my PC through unofficial software; I would always have latency issues and/or the controller would spazz out with certain games. I will buy the hell out of that adapter.
    The more important part is that it most likely means that they'll release official drivers.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Humble Bundle finally does a PSN thing and I already have all of them

Figured

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    How is the loot in Destiny these days? I have played no Destiny but have been eyeballing the complete edition thing that's hitting soon. Bear in mind I will probably never ever raid, just trying to get a feel for solo play.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    How is the loot in Destiny these days? I have played no Destiny but have been eyeballing the complete edition thing that's hitting soon. Bear in mind I will probably never ever raid, just trying to get a feel for solo play.

Loot in Destiny is very grindy and very RNG. It can be deflating to play through various Strikes and see the other people getting good shit while you only get trash. Also, I believe there are certain exotic guns that require you to do stuff in The Crucible (the PvP stuff) to unlock them. So that's something to keep in mind if you're flying solo. Also, pretty much all of the Strike missions will most likely be you playing with people who are very familiar with the game and are just rushing to the end to grind for loot.

At least that's how it was when I last played Destiny.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular

If you ever do want to play with people there's a very active and supportive PA Destiny community. Destiny is a much more fun game playing with other people over voice chat.

The best loot is going to come from doing end game raids, which is nothing new, but loot drops very often and earning the currency to buy item from vendors is extremely easy to come by (assuming you have the reputation to buy it). It can be a pain to get an item with the particular stat values or perks you like best RNG being what it is, but for the most part in PvE it doesn't make that much of a difference outside of tailoring things to your preferred playstyle.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    XBLive has been $60 for a while, btw.

Yeah, that's probably why they did it. Sucks.

On the bright side, at least the PSN has improved enormously over the last few years.
    mxmarks wrote: »
    PSN Capcom Humble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-playstation-bundle

I saw it when the average was $6.75 and I should have jumped on it. Now it's up to $8 something and I feel like the only thing I really want - Resident Evil - will be less than that in a PSN sale sometime.

I already own pretty much all of those games anyway but it's dumb that it's NA only. A LOT better than when Nintendo did the same, since their systems are stupidly region locked, but still dumb.

Still, I hope it does really well and we see more of these.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PAL Store update:

Deus Ex is the obvious biggie this week, but there's also two King of Fighters, Inside, Worms WMD and some other stuff.
    23rd August
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Digital Standard Edition
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Digital Deluxe Edition

Worms W.M.D

Inside

Metrico+

Alone With You

Armikrog

Valley

The Huntsman: Winter’s Curse

Nioh beta (Not in Germany)

24th August
    Arcade Archives Vulcan Venture

The King of Fighters 2000

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 demo (PS4/PS3)

26th August
    A.O.T. Wings of Freedom, with bonus (PS4/PS3/Vita) (Not in Ireland)

The King of Fighters XIV

Space Hulk (Not in Aus/NZ)

PS4 DLC
    22nd August
    World of Tanks - Hammer Loaded

23rd August
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass, Various Add-on Packs

Madden NFL 17 - Various Points Packs

Alienation - Various Add-on Packs

23rd August
    Overwatch - Various Loot Boxes

Warframe - Nekros Prime Access Pack / Accessories Pack

25th August
    Asetto Corsa - DLC Season Pass (Only in AUS, NZ, Germany)

26th August
    Asetto Corsa - DLC Season Pass

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Nintendo and Sony are now working with Humbe Bundle.

Your move Microsoft. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Gonna download Inside when I get home and probably get that plat in like an hour and a half!

I may have run through it a few times on XBone already... :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Cormac wrote: »

If you ever do want to play with people there's a very active and supportive PA Destiny community. Destiny is a much more fun game playing with other people over voice chat.

@Ceno - Have to second this. Very active community here on PA that's about to become even more active with the arrival of Rise of Iron. You can play through the core campaign, expansion campaigns, and even PvP by yourself, but I highly recommend being open-minded about playing with PA people. We're all very supportive and patient and willing to help, and if you come to the thread and mention Refer-A-Friend, you may even find a few people willing to guide you along from the beginning for sweet mutually beneficial rewards.

When the game launched, I was a little nervous about getting on voice chat with strangers and trying to get invested in the community. But now it's like second nature and every new PA person I meet is kind and pleasant. Come visit the thread and say hi if you want some more opinions!

Oh, and yeah, loot is pretty RNG. They've made a lot of changes to make it so that you can wear what you want to wear and play the way you want to play, rather than praying for a specific piece to drop, but it's still pretty much playing enough that the slot machine gives you what you want. I find it rewarding because I'm always making incremental upgrades, but endgame did get stale when that's all it was. However, now we're getting a new expansion, and hopefully Bungie's learned some lessons from the recent content drought.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Just to dovetail on @GMaster7 (SKI200G) 's comment:

I'm the worst at FPS. THE! WORST!! Like my K/D ratio is around 0.25. And yet the PA people were happy, even glad at times, to let me join thier groups and allow me to completely ruin their chances at anything approaching a victory in PvP, or a quick-and-painless run through any one of the PvE strikes. They even cheered for me when I (rarely) somehow managed to not be last on the leaderboards for individual games.

It's not possible to give a higher recommendation for those folks.

26904.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I have my issues with Destiny, but the PA community is top-notch class.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    To clarify, I'm not worried about the quality of the PA community. I play Overwatch with a bunch of forumers and they are super nice.

I'd likely not raid because I just don't have that kind of time. As it stands at the moment, think I'll just wait to see whatever Destiny 2 turns out to be, unless this collection goes on a big sale.

This discussion has been closed.