As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers and Digimon World: Next Order

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey PSN thread

I used PlayStation VR today at a demo and it was raaaaad

You should check out this site and see if there are any store demos near you right now or in the future

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Star Ocean 5: Hustle and Flow doesn't play like your grandpappy's Tri-Ace, so I'm biased against it.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hey PSN thread

You should check out this site and see if there are any store demos near you right now or in the future

An 85 mile drive and I could try it, too! :p

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    It was a 50 mile drive for me

It was absolutely worth the gas and the time

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    For those of you who have both a Vita and a PS4, would it be worth it to pick up a used PSV for $100 primarily for second screen?

Depends entirely on where you plan on using it and the internet connection available. Like, if you just want to sit on your couch and play while someone else is using the TV, sure. If you want to play over the internet from work or something, better have a fast connection, both there and at your PS4.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular

How was the line at your location? I was gonna make the trip to try it out Sunday. I hope it's not all booked up by the time I get there.

Dirty wrote: »

How was the line at your location? I was gonna make the trip to try it out Sunday. I hope it's not all booked up by the time I get there.

I got there when they were still setting up and I was the second person there

By the time they got set up and I'd finished my demo there were about 20 people in line

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    E-mail response regarding my inability to download Siren Blood Curse for PS+:
    Thank you for your recent call to Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA) Consumer Services. We have reviewed your case and approved your refund in the amount of $14.99.

Please keep in mind that if the funds are being returned to your credit card, it may take up to 1-2 billing cycles through your financial institution before the funds will actually be posted to the account.

Please note, according to PSN terms of service and user agreement, all users should safeguard their account information to prevent use by any other user. SIEA shall have no liability for any unauthorized usage of a PSN account. SIEA will not be able to refund your account again. To check on your refund, please contact your credit card company.

Huh, that's...pretty awesome of them.

The question though is whether I use that for Siren or get something else.

I mean, I already played all the episodes long ago.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hey PSN thread

Nothing within 100 miles of me. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So, I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles PS4 and fuck mission 7. To remove all strategy from the game and just have it be "will this invincible opponent randomly decide to kill your whole squad? maybe!" is some next-level bullshit.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Oxenfree happens to be on sale for that price.

Hmmmmm...

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    And now I feel bad about it being a mere 20 min drive for me.

To a place with TWO locations in the same building.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    So, I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles PS4 and fuck mission 7. To remove all strategy from the game and just have it be "will this invincible opponent randomly decide to kill your whole squad? maybe!" is some next-level bullshit.

She tends to stay near the tank, so there's definitely something you can make use of when planning your strategy.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    They ever fix the bullshit endgame of The Swindle?

Artereis wrote: »

She tends to stay near the tank, so there's definitely something you can make use of when planning your strategy.

My issue is that by the time they arrive, the computer has amassed 15+ actions, which means that there's a great chance she'll just kill 2+ allies on her way to hang out. And then there's the fact that she has absurd range and the only sure way to block her sight is with Edelweiss, which tends to put you in a position that will get you one-shot by Prince Douchebag.

It's super frustrating.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular

My issue is that by the time they arrive, the computer has amassed 15+ actions, which means that there's a great chance she'll just kill 2+ allies on her way to hang out. And then there's the fact that she has absurd range and the only sure way to block her sight is with Edelweiss, which tends to put you in a position that will get you one-shot by Prince Douchebag.

It's super frustrating.

Some good tips for VC:
    1. You don't always want to deploy up to your maximum allowed amount.
    2. Sometimes you want to preemptively retreat units via a base

There are plenty of walkthroughs that you can look at to get an idea of what's going on, but knowing that she (a) makes a beeline for the tank and then stays near it and (b) You can slow the tank by knocking over walls with lancers/tanks, you should be able to clear people out of your starting location in preparation for her arrival.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

I got there when they were still setting up and I was the second person there

By the time they got set up and I'd finished my demo there were about 20 people in line

There is a demo station at the Best Buy close to my house. I'm hopefully going out tomorrow and potentially seeing in 3D for the first time ever.

camo_sig2.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    What sale are people talking about, I don't see an option for it.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    There's a flash sale on NA PSN. Not sure about non NA PSNs though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    I'll check it out in a few and post it

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I vaguely remember using my own tank as a giant moving shield against her.

Skull2185 wrote: »

I'm o nthe NA PSN and not seeing it :?

That fight in VC was so comically hard that the first time doing it I was like "oh you're just supposed to lose this fight"

And then the sad realization when she murdered everyone

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I'm o nthe NA PSN and not seeing it :?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    weird! It wasn't showing up before. Thanks bud.

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Have it on iPad, Android and PC, but picked up XCom on Vita because Vita is life. Also picked up Lego Jurassic World on PS4 because Lego games are the only co-op games Mrs Dirk participates in.

camo_sig2.png
    FLASH SALE
    Sale ends Monday, June 27th at 12PM PST

PS4

Apotheon - $14.99 $2.99
    Arcade Archives: Crazy Climber 2 - $7.99 $3.19
    Arcade Archives: Super Dodge Ball - $7.99 $3.19
    Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition -$19.99 $7.99
    Batman: Arkham Knight - $29.99 $11.99
    Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $49.99 $14.99
    Child of Light: Ultimate Edition - $22.49 $8.99
    Extreme Exorcism - $12.99 $5.19 (Cross-Buy)
    Game of Thrones: Season Pass - $24.99 $7.49
    Gauntlet: Slayer Edition - $19.99 $7.99
    Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- - $49.99 $14.99
    How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition - $19.99 $3.99
    LEGO Jurassic World - $39.99 $15.99
    Lichdom: Battlemage - $49.99 $19.99
    Mad Max - $39.99 $15.99
    McDroid - $7.99 $1.99
    Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut - $9.99 $2.49 (Cross-Buy)
    Race the Sun - $9.99 $3.99 (Three-Way Cross-Buy)
    Surgeon Simulator A&E + I Am Bread - $19.99 $7.99
    Tales from the Borderlands: Season Pass - $14.99 $4.49
    The Swindle - $14.99 $5.99 (Three-Way Cross-Buy)
    The Walking Dead: Season Two - $24.99 $7.49
    The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries - $14.99 $5.99
    Titan Attacks! - $9.99 $2.49 (Three-Way Cross-Buy)
    Towerfall Ascension - $14.99 $7.49 (Cross-Buy)
    Unmechanical: Extended Edition - $9.99 $2.49
    Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $59.99 $23.99

PS3

Assassin's Creed III - $19.99 $7.99
    Assassin's Creed III: Ultimate Edition - $49.99 $14.99
    Batman: Arkham City - $19.99 $5.99
    Batman: Arkham Asylum - $19.99 $4.99
    Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 $11.99
    Extreme Exorcism - $12.99 $5.19 (Cross-Buy)
    Game of Thrones: Season Pass - $24.99 $7.49
    Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- - $39.99 $11.99
    LEGO Jurassic World - $29.99 $11.99
    Tales from the Borderlands: Season Pass - $14.99 $4.49
    The Walking Dead: Season Two - $14.99 $4.49
    The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries - $14.99 $5.99
    Unmechanical: Extended Edition - $9.99 $2.49 (Cross-Buy)
    Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $49.99 $19.99

PS Vita

Atomic Ninjas - $9.99 $2.49
    Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 $11.99
    LEGO Jurassic World - $19.99 $7.99
    Muramasa Rebirth - $24.99 $7.49
    Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus - $19.99 $7.99
    Soul Sacrifice Delta - $17.99 $7.19
    The Walking Dead: Season Two - $19.99 $4.49
    The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $7.49
    Towerfall Ascension - $14.99 $7.49 (Cross-Buy)
    Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $39.99 $15.99
    XBlaze: Lost Memories - $39.99 $11.99
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus - $19.99 $7.99
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $24.99 $7.49

PSP (yes, really)

Myst - $11.99 $2.39
    T.A.C. Heroes: Big Red One - $11.99 $3.59

The big standouts to me are Arkham Knight for $12, Blazblue at $15, Mad Max at $16, Muramasa Rebirth at $7.50, and of course, with their nearly-weekly implied question of "why would you ever buy our games at full price," all the Telltale stuff at various price cuts

Damn

With my digital purchase of Mad Max, I just hit my limit on my 2TB hard drive

Back to the deletion game

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Muramasa for $7.49 is a steal. If anyone here hasn't played it, get it.

Mad Max well worth $16, as well.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Suddenly there was a loud cry of victory in my appartment building; not because of the European soccer championship, but because of me beating the Red Queen in Steamworld Heist on Elite :biggrin:

And it would've been with a full team surviving if she didn't end at 1 hit point when I had attacked her.

Now at least I can get bigger and better weapons and armor in the next part of space :winky:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius

It's super frustrating.
    That mission is the hardest mission in the game, and will decide whether you will throw VC angrily away, or finish it and enjoy it tremendously...

When I did it I had a bunch of Lancers, to take out the side turrets (and one turret in the back). You also need them to knock over walls to slow down the tank, which will allow your Alicia to climb on the tank later on to hit that weak spot for massive damage.

Have an Engineer close to the Edelweiss at all time (using the Edelweis as cover) so that you can repair the Edelweiss every turn, and run next to Lancer to replenish their ammo (this is very important when knocking the side guns).

Have Vyse and Jane as anti-infantry guys, but stay in cover at all times, doing the pop out, shoot, pop back in trick.
    Remember that if a squadmate is shot down but retreated via the medic, you can always let them return a later turn on a base.

Also, Alicia, Rosie and Largo each provide a CP, so they are pretty nice to have on your team; and if they're downed, use the return-them-later-on-a-base trick so that you have more CP again. (This is very important in a mission later on, where I knew I did not need Largo at all, but still used him for a very valuable CP). I don't know, but you might have not taken Rosie this mission because she has Desert Allergy or something, but you need every CP that you can use.

See that most of your tankbusting guys and gals are behind walls (especially during the phase were Selvaria) on the right side of the map, because after taking out the turrets and the weak points you still need to kill the tank.

Yup, it's a mission that is probably played a few times before you will crack it... But when you do, you will jump up out of chair and shout obscenities of victory :lol:

I wish you good luck!

Thanks for the well-wishes, Carl (and Artereis)! I did eventually beat it, but I certainly felt like it was simply a case of RNGesus, as Selveria just happened to miss with all of her attacks on her first turn active and then decided to never move from her position behind a rock.

Like, to be very clear, I understood the fight and I was very good about efficiently destroying turrets and setting up "overwatch" traps to kill non-Selveria opposition before they could do anything. However, it would continually happen that Selveria would show up and just hunt down whoever she could and I wouldn't have a means to block her due to the awkwardness of allowable paths of travel for the Edelweiss. It probably doesn't help that I missed out on the Retreat order, as I didn't have the 4500 EXP on hand when I first talked to Cemetary Man, so I had no means of recovering the wounded without getting one-shot by Selveria.

Also, what are the conditions that result in acquiring enemy weapons? Is it just a random chance upon recovering downed opposition, or is it more specifically from recovering downed enemy aces?

I remember you get enemy weapons from killing named enemy Aces (like Ty the Immortal, whom you'll meet a few times) and while you don't get a physical version of that weapon, I don't remember if the Ace weapons are used for unlocking research bits...

And you'll start getting trophies around chapter 9 or 10 or something...

• Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Available R&D upgrades pop up through chapter progression.

When you kill an ace you actually DO get a copy of their weapon, it's placed in your inventory in the squad barracks, and you'll need to equip it to a character to use it. You only get one copy though meaning only one character can equip it at a time (the same goes for "royal" class weapons). You can get additional copies if you kill the aces again on new game+.

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I didn't have that much trouble with chapter 7. Guess I got lucky.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I really wish No Man's Sky had come out four days ago, as was foretold so long ago.

I can only play Overwatch and Doom so much, universe

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I really wish No Man's Sky had come out four days ago, as was foretold so long ago.

I can only play Overwatch and Doom so much, universe

Another way to look at it, had it released as planned, you'd probably be getting bored with it by now.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Re: My credit card issues the other day.

Boy do I feel sheepish. Someone (sorry I forgot who!) suggested that it might be my bank, and not Sony's fault. I wrote them off because I had used my card literally an hour before I tried to buy the game.

Just got an email from my bank saying "Whoops we were temporarily overly strict on online purchases, should be fixed now".

In good news, Odin Sphere remake is fucking AWESOME! I haven't played the original in years but the combat feels so much slicker.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Mercedes' dodge works just like the Elf from Dragon's Crown, in that she ends up facing the opposite direction to get in a few attacks while the enemy is looking the other way.

kyrcl.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I wish Vanillaware would port Dragon's Crown to PS4, or make a new side-scroller. Dragon's Crown may have been repetitive, but it was awesome and fun, and I loved it.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.