As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]xit

19495969798100»

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    edward we need to have a talk RIGHT NOW MISTER.

About what

That weird dude with the old man head and baby body

@Deebaser ?

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    ok i'm here now everybody can stop talking abut hakkes and pay attention to me now

I saw someone in business pants with sandals on Podly. It killed me inside. Like why? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

there's a new trend with shorts suits

as in suits

but shorts instead of pants

it's the worst goddamn thing

haha!

that's a good joke that you just made, and not a real thing at all!

hahaha!
    20140618-230611-83171633.jpg

That is a classic look for that 12 year old

This reminds me of every traumatic childhood Easter I had to be photographed through

Really, though, I had a traumatic flashback last christmas. My cousin and her husband had their two-year-old kiddo in a little lederhosen-y doll outfit and it was super adorable. But he also triggered all my suppressed family dress up memories. Everyone on my mom's side got those exact same cutesy outfits inflicted on them as children. At one point pulled my cousin's husband aside and say "listen, this is so cute now, but just so you know it's only going to last a couple more years. Because he is going to learn. He is going to learn and he is going to fight. Because he is a HUMAN BEING and not a DOLL. YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO A HUMAN BEING." And then I blacked out and it wasn't christmas anymore.

What did you do with the bodies?

That was sealed by a court order and my case worker told me I'm not supposed to talk about it.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    BUT WHAT IF MY PROPRANOLOL GIVES A FALSE POSITIVE? !

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    If Brits vote to leave, they'll be the biggest joke on Earth until January 2017 when America takes it's place as President Drumpf is sworn into office.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    my successful uncle hit me with one that i now know is common but i'd never heard before

'90% of success is showing up'

of course, i still skip class and fail and stuff so i didn't incorporate it into my choices but i found it very encouraging. just hard to act on it

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    ok i'm here now everybody can stop talking abut hakkes and pay attention to me now

I saw someone in business pants with sandals on Podly. It killed me inside. Like why? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

there's a new trend with shorts suits

as in suits

but shorts instead of pants

it's the worst goddamn thing

haha!

that's a good joke that you just made, and not a real thing at all!

hahaha!
    20140618-230611-83171633.jpg

That is a classic look for that 12 year old

This reminds me of every traumatic childhood Easter I had to be photographed through

Really, though, I had a traumatic flashback last christmas. My cousin and her husband had their two-year-old kiddo in a little lederhosen-y doll outfit and it was super adorable. But he also triggered all my suppressed family dress up memories. Everyone on my mom's side got those exact same cutesy outfits inflicted on them as children. At one point pulled my cousin's husband aside and say "listen, this is so cute now, but just so you know it's only going to last a couple more years. Because he is going to learn. He is going to learn and he is going to fight. Because he is a HUMAN BEING and not a DOLL. YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO A HUMAN BEING." And then I blacked out and it wasn't christmas anymore.

Way to make me feel bad for putting my son in orange and purple pants yesterday Mr2, I even called him "Fashion disaster baby".

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    what if the brits leave and America joins the EU instead

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edward we need to have a talk RIGHT NOW MISTER.

About what

That weird dude with the old man head and baby body

why must you hurt me eddy

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Oh dear

Geth

Mods

Anyone

Can we just not do the obnoxious anime thing at 101?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I've been diagnosed with hyperlexia, which is an autism spectrum thing

not the worst thing, but it keeps me kinda lonely sometimes

I was self diagnosed with being smarter than everyone else, its a hard burden to bear.

My dad diagnosed himself, and me, and my brothers with being Too Smart for This World.

Like, I tell him about some manageable social problem I have in middle school and he's like WELL SON WHEN YOU ARE AS SMART AS WE ARE IT CAN BE HARD TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH NORMALS.

My family does this all the time. And it's like "this, this right here, this is not helping my psychological health and prosocial adjustment!"

As a kid those comments would make me wonder: Why do you think it is smart to fail at understanding how to get along with other people?

Ego. It's not that you are bad at social stuff, you're too intelligent for the lessers.

My dad always told us

"You two are too smart not to try hard"

and

"Everyone else is an expert at something that you aren't."

My dad always told me

"Boy you need to wipe better you're turning the whites brown."

Preacher got that ballpoint pen ass.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    oh no..page 100

no automod in place

s...sempai

I feel my body changing

uguu

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I am literally rolling around on the floor

@P10

I gotchu covered
    its the best

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Hrm. My brother posted something opposing California's SB 1146 bill on Facebook. This is what he says the bill will do:
    1) Erase Christian colleges from California
    2) Curtail religious freedom in America
    3) Break the Constitution

Here's what it actually does:
    1) Removes the religious exemption (which needs to be specifically applied for) for Title IX anti-discrimination laws for schools that do not train ministers or theologians.* The most vocal opponents of the bill are the ones that have applied for this exemption in the last 3 years and are still pending, so they never had this exemption to begin with.
    2) Forces schools to openly state that yes, they have the religious exemption to Title IX when recruiting students.

* Yes, you read that right. Colleges that can't be assed to actually TEACH ministers or religious scholars want to claim themselves as a "Christian" university, for the sole purpose of continuing to discriminate as much as they want.

I pointed out that this is a good bill that removes a special snowflake exception from schools that probably don't deserve it, and that it's being used as the next proxy in the ongoing culture war. I tried to state this in as neutral terms as possible. I really hope this doesn't blow up in my face (It probably will).

90% of the time culture warring isn't about facts or reason, but which side you're on and how hard you're waving your team's flag. It's the worst.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Of course if you hate said family member, "I disagree" for sure

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

I was self diagnosed with being smarter than everyone else, its a hard burden to bear.

My dad diagnosed himself, and me, and my brothers with being Too Smart for This World.

Like, I tell him about some manageable social problem I have in middle school and he's like WELL SON WHEN YOU ARE AS SMART AS WE ARE IT CAN BE HARD TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH NORMALS.

My family does this all the time. And it's like "this, this right here, this is not helping my psychological health and prosocial adjustment!"

As a kid those comments would make me wonder: Why do you think it is smart to fail at understanding how to get along with other people?

Ego. It's not that you are bad at social stuff, you're too intelligent for the lessers.

My dad always told us

and

My dad always told me

I learned how to do my laundry early on to hide my shame.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I wish I had an ego that let me think I was awesome and pretty and smart and witty and not me

But you ARE awesome and pretty and smart and witty I have proof for like all of those things!

• Options
    edited June 2016
    How about instead of anime, I just make really silly and unintelligent and obnoxious posts for once? It would be funny for how out of character it would be for me!

Neco on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    is there a way, in excel, to pull a text string from a cell, but stopping at a certain character instead of a certain length

i want to pull out a date and the date only, which always starts a certain amount of characters in, but if it's 6/23/2016 vs 12/23/2016 the 6 in the december one would get cut off by a length of 9, etc., and i want it to stop at a comma that always follows the date

like, this is a cell with a string in it, and you're trying to pull out a date out of the middle of that string?

-y2jake215 if the date is always in the same spot (there are the same number of spaces or words or whatever in the string before the date) you can just use text to columns on the data tab and then delete all the shit you dont need

use FIND, don't be a scrub

Or, just format the column so it's always in MM/DD/YYYY format since that's EZ and Excel functions are awful.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Oh dear

Geth

Mods

Anyone

web1_955993-ea398169a02f4fbea9da223aa9e423de.jpg?itok=1SsL9jDI

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    :bigfrown:

I wanna put steam dollars in my steam wallet.

But Steam says my credit card information has been declined by my credit card company.

And i don't know how to authorize that. Or even if it's true, for all i know, it's just Steam being hammered and panicking.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Oh dear

Geth

Mods

Anyone

Neco you and I are usually on the same page

but for this you must die

shhhh

go quietly into that good night

Neco-chan

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

My dad always told us

and

My dad always told me

like wiping a marker

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Looks like "remain" wins for the Brexit.

rescinding my awesome as no votes seem to have been reported yet back up your shit!

There was an "on the day" poll which remain won handily (not quite the same thing as an exit poll). Turnout also looks like it's in remains favor, some big strongholds for remain had shit weather that lowered turnout, whereas turnout was ridiculously high everywhere else.

Nigel Farage has already conceded:

• Options
    what if the brits leave and America joins the EU instead

Umm excuse me dont you mean to say the EU will join AMERICA.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I wonder how much of a hassle it's going to be to get them to price match amazon at bestbuy.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you people and your 'pretty' excel files are the reason i have to dick with report formats
    *seeth*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Oh dear

Geth

Mods

Anyone

Neco you and I are usually on the same page

but for this you must die

shhhh

go quietly into that good night

Neco-chan

I accept my sudoku

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    ok wait.

503308776_model_1.jpeg
    For a less traditional look, Barneys New York carries a $859 Comme des Garcons short suit trimmed with chiffon panels. We think it looks pretty bizarre.

I mean, the cut is terrible

but I would like to explore more of this semi-kilt suit look with feminine elements for men pls

I could do without the lace, and yes a better cut

Also, fucking footware guy, you're wearing a skirt, footware becomes important that point.

Sleep on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Blood for the blood god

Anime is blood

Anime for the anime god

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Like yeah the votes haven't come in yet and it's still technically possible that leave wins, but it's looking very unlikely.

• Options
    I wonder how much of a hassle it's going to be to get them to price match amazon at bestbuy.

Probably not that bad, just bring your phone and show them amazon on it. I see no way this will fail.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    is there a way, in excel, to pull a text string from a cell, but stopping at a certain character instead of a certain length

i want to pull out a date and the date only, which always starts a certain amount of characters in, but if it's 6/23/2016 vs 12/23/2016 the 6 in the december one would get cut off by a length of 9, etc., and i want it to stop at a comma that always follows the date

like, this is a cell with a string in it, and you're trying to pull out a date out of the middle of that string?

-y2jake215 if the date is always in the same spot (there are the same number of spaces or words or whatever in the string before the date) you can just use text to columns on the data tab and then delete all the shit you dont need

use FIND, don't be a scrub

Or, just format the column so it's always in MM/DD/YYYY format since that's EZ and Excel functions are awful.

sounds like it's a text string with date and other stuff after it though

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

My dad always told us

and

That is very healthy! Good job your dad.

My mom grew up with parents who thought she wasn't shit, never paid attention to anything she accomplished, and if they did it was only to run her down afterward. Ex: once she won a horsemanship trophy and the tournament organizers gave it to her parents with a blank plaque, so they could get it engraved with her name. They just never did. Much later, she eventually carved her own name into the copper plaque in crude lettering. No one even noticed. Anyway, they were the worst.

She didn't want her kids to be bereft of parental love and attention the way she was, but the overreaction had its own unintended effects. A result of always telling us that we were so smart and wonderful and better than everyone else was that we developed these psychoses about our own ability to perform and we had more difficulty relating in a natural way to our peers.

Moral of the story: parenting is hard, forgive everyone for being the limited creatures they are.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    None of the plugs in this old, old house are conveniently located

*is laying on the counter*

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 5.1

@bowen will create the new thread
    @Organichu is backup

This discussion has been closed.