As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crazy Ex-[chat]

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I mean nobody should listen to my opinion on music this guy is one of my favorite artists:

https://youtu.be/FP6Rz5Cp7Nk
    I can't believe I've never heard this guy before.

This sort of thing used to be my jam. That could go on my playlist between Tai Mai Shu and Bloodhound Gang.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I was impressed at just how big of a fiasco the entire Tidal situation was.

its funny that Jay Z owns it, and other than Kanye, Beyoncé, Prince, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Daft Punk, Jack White, Madonna, Arcade Fire, Alicia Keys, Usher, Chris Martin, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Jason Aldean and J. Cole pushed it, yet none of them are getting this poop for it that Kanye is

This is why.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016

its funny that Jay Z owns it, and other than Kanye, Beyoncé, Prince, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Daft Punk, Jack White, Madonna, Arcade Fire, Alicia Keys, Usher, Chris Martin, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Jason Aldean and J. Cole pushed it, yet none of them are getting this poop for it that Kanye is

Well one of them promised his album would be exclusive to that service, and also come out a certain day, and that didn't happen.

Do any of those other artists have class action lawsuits going against them because of how poorly they handled it?

I think he's 100% deserving of all the shit for what he did here.

literally every album does this now

i'm not sure why everyone thought different about kanye's album just because he tweeted it would

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    I mean nobody should listen to my opinion on music this guy is one of my favorite artists:

https://youtu.be/FP6Rz5Cp7Nk
    I can't believe I've never heard this guy before.

This sort of thing used to be my jam. That could go on my playlist between Tai Mai Shu and Bloodhound Gang.

Drew is excellent yessssssss.

https://youtu.be/2B0UyOZQUsA

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Well one of them promised his album would be exclusive to that service, and also come out a certain day, and that didn't happen.

Do any of those other artists have class action lawsuits going against them because of how poorly they handled it?

i'm not sure why everyone thought different about kanye's album just because he tweeted it would

because he lied about it?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

chance the rapper had an "apple music exclusive" last month

3 days later it was on everything. i'm not sure why everyone thought different about kanye's album because he tweeted it

Are you just giving him a pass for straight up lying to his fan base right now?
    My album will never never never be on Apple. And it will never be for sale... You can only get it on Tidal

And then the Tidal subscribers went up 2 million. That's shady as fuck.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

3 days later it was on everything. i'm not sure why everyone thought different about kanye's album because he tweeted it

My album will never never never be on Apple. And it will never be for sale... You can only get it on Tidal

this was in like the same 2 day period where he tweeted he was millions in debt and begged mark zuckerberg for money

i didn't take that tweet seriously? which is why i don't have tidal

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    can you sue someone for making you sign up for a free trial

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

He's anticipating only half of them leaving in disgust.

Which is a shame that he did that, because it looks like a solid service.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

'Making you'?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i'm pretty sure false advertising is illegal, yeah

• Options
    by the way it isn't available on apple, and you could only buy it through tidal

is that.. a lie?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

this was in like the same 2 day period where he tweeted he was millions in debt and begged mark zuckerberg for money

Yeah when an artist makes an announcement like that, it makes it p official.

Kanye is a douche who makes mediocre pop records.

• Options

Blink once if the bad men are gone.

Blink twice if they are in your house.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I once sent Drew $5 cash in the mail and then he emailed me an album.

Who needs tidal?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    edited June 2016

is that.. a lie?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/1/11343526/kanye-west-life-of-pablo-spotify-itunes

It..is available on apple? And lots of other places?

You can buy it directly from his website, no tidal required as far as I can tell.

SniperGuy on
  • Options

Yeah when an artist makes an announcement like that, it makes it p official.

Kanye is a douche who makes mediocre pop records.
    Kanye is a crazy person, a liar and an assclown, but some of his music is quite good.

...he's no T-Swizzle, but he's better than a lot of the field. Especially when you look at true mediocrity. Rebecca Black I'm looking at you.

That being said I would never purchase a Kanye album, or even Kanye song.

• Options

is that.. a lie?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/1/11343526/kanye-west-life-of-pablo-spotify-itunes

i'm looking at iTunes right now. its not there. and that tweet says nothing definitive about streaming, just that you can't buy it (only on Tidal) and it won't be on iTunes

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    i guess its what you mean by "apple", i assumed iTunes store because he mentioned purchasing. i've never once looked at apple music so i don't know whats on there and what isn't

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    cripes this forum and taylor swift i swear

she is the worst

the absolute worst

• Options
    and re: buying it, last i heard, the only people who could buy it were people who had signed up for tidal or some nonsense; and no new buyers were allowed. this was months ago though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »

she is the worst

the absolute worst

i can think of worse

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I saw Popstar: Never Stop Stopping.

3/5, no further comment

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

she is the worst

the absolute worst

Don't listen to Elendil's harsh comments, Tay Sway. Shake it off.

• Options
    You can buy it directly from Kayne's website, meaning you don't need to sign up for Tidal.

He says "My album will never never never be on Apple."

He didn't say iTunes, or Apple Music, he said "Apple" which encompasses all of that. So either he flat out lied, or he's shitty at messaging, but either way you can't say he did nothing wrong here. He manipulated his audience into signing up for a service (Which had it's own myriad number of problems) by telling them a lie, whether he intended to or not.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

is that.. a lie?

i'm looking at iTunes right now. its not there. and that tweet says nothing definitive about streaming, just that you can't buy it (only on Tidal) and it won't be on iTunes

"You CAN ONLY GET IT on Tidal" is pretty official.

• Options

is that.. a lie?

i guess its what you mean by "apple", i assumed iTunes store because he mentioned purchasing. i've never once looked at apple music so i don't know whats on there and what isn't

when you have to go through semantics to make people understand the "real meaning" of what you advertised, that's pretty much a textbook case of deceptive advertising isn't it?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Taylor Swift is a disease. 1989 is a shit album.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    oh my god i don't care

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

is that.. a lie?

when you have to go through semantics to make people understand the "real meaning" of what you advertised, that's pretty much a textbook case of deceptive advertising isn't it?

Almost Trumpian in its layers of deception.

• Options
    I saw Popstar: Never Stop Stopping.

3/5, no further comment

sounds about what i would expect

• Options
    here is the thing about kanye west and tidal

kanye west lies all the time and if you believed him it's entirely your fault

• Options

she is the worst

the absolute worst
    I'm sure we can be reasonable about this step into my office.

latest?cb=20150729230839

• Options

so if i murder all the time it's not my fault when i murder people?

• Options
    excellent

• Options
    Look if they didn't want to get murdered they wouldn't go to your obvious murderfest house party BBQs.

• Options
    i guess i just have no sympathy because i wasn't stupid enough to fall for it lel

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Guys did you know that when treebeard saw the Uruk Hai cutting down trees that he called the copse?

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Bad Blood is a singsongy, irritating track with a nursery school melody that serves only to prove that the American public has a 5 year old's ear for music.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

so if i murder all the time it's not my fault when i murder people?
    have you put out a couple of killer (in both sense ho ho) albums

if yes then it's probably fine as long as you don't murder anyone cooler than you

This discussion has been closed.