As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Total War] Da Total WAAAAGH! Thread, Da Knights of Bretonnia are here! Sequel announced!

FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
edited April 2017 in Games and Technology
ru_eJR1nUYF5.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Oi humies! Dis is da Total Waaagh! thread! So get your choppas and get ready to join da WAAAAGH!!

...Wat, wuz that? Want to know about to know more about Total War? Oh, alright:

Total_War_logo.png

Total War iz a series of gamez about humies fighin' other humies on dis world called Earth, all across time. No, I's ain't talking about timey wimey travelling wazzit, I mean each game took place in a different time period. Ya see, the first one was in dis place call Japan, then they did one in based on some knockoff of dem prancin fancy humies and there lady, only no lady, and den... ah bugger it, I'll just give ya da list:

Total War: Shogun
Total War: Medieval
Total War: Rome
Total War: Medieval II
Total War: Empire
Total War: Napoleon
Total War: Shogun II
Total War: Rome II
Total War: Attila

and da best of dem all, TOTAL WAAAGH!!! WARHAMMER!!! Wherz ye get to be da Greenskins and pillage and loot and burn all da Dwarf stunties, the humies of da Empire, and them the dead'un Vampire Counts

...Wha? You can play the others too? Well what sorry git would want to do that!?

Da latest patch adds all dem fancy Bretonnia units, includin' some daff humies carrying a dead humie on a wooden pony! Crazy! Vlad of da Vampire Counts iz now in his own faction, and brought his pretty (scary) wife Isabella to da fight!. Also, dem Wood Elves have gotten tired of always conquering da world and are now staying in their forests... Most of da time, anywayz.

Dere's also DLC ya can buy if ya have da teef for it;

Warrior of Chaos lets ya play as dem spiky humies up in Norsca, it also gives dem Dragon Ogres and other fun stuff ta fight if ye don't. (Us that got da game in da first week got dis one for free!)
Blood for The Blood God Makes da game proper bloody and gory, with lost limbs, lost 'eads, and battles coverin' everything with lots and lots of blood!
Call of the Beastmen Lets ya play as dem 'airy smellin' Beastmen, with dere Minotaurs an' Cygors an' stuf. Deys also get a mini-campaign where dere leader, Kazrak One-Eye gets his vengence on da pompus humie that took his eye.
The Grim and the Grave adds Volkmar da Grim, Arch Lectors, Free Company Milita, Flagellants and Knights of da Blazin' Sun to da Empire, and Heleman Ghorst, Corpse Carts and da Mortis Engine to da Vampire Counts! Dey also get Regiments of Renown, betta versions of units dey already have dat they can only hav' one of in dere 'hole empire.
Wurrzag, Da Great Green Prophet 'imself, is commin' to da WAAAGH! He's got 'is own starting place, can get those savage gits from anywhere's and he's free!
The King and The Warlord adds da Warlord himself, Skarsnik of da Crooked Moon and his squig Gobbla, as well as reg' squigs, Squig Hoppers, and Nasty Skulkers, with a Goblin Warboss to lead them and new Regiments of Renowns to take over Karak Eight Peaks! Oh, I guess there is also that stuntie Belegar Ironhammer as well, leadin' his own minor faction, with Runelords, Rangers, Bugman's Rangers, and Bolt Throwers and Regiment of dere own. Killin' dem sounds like fun!
Realm of the Wood Elves lets you play as de forest pansies of Athel Loren and dere walkin' trees, both in da Grand Campaign and in dere own mini-campaign. Dere led by Orion, da King of Da Forest, and Durthu, the biggest, oldest walking kindling in da woods.
Bretonnia is now playable for free! Lots of cavalry with an army of humie peasants that are scrawnyer than a gobbo! Des get three starts, each with there own leader; King Louen Leoncoeur, Alberic of Bordelaux and da Fay Enchantress.
Isabella Von Carstien is also free, she joins Vlad in dere own faction next to da Vampire Counts, with da goal of taking Castle Drakenhof back from little Manfred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: Warhammer 2 has been announced! Get ready to start a WAAAGH! with dem High Elf and Dark Elf pansies, and da scaly Lizardmen!

...Wha? Skaven? Dere's no ratmen called Skaven, they's just a myth.

If ya want to be the bestest Warboss of da Waaagh!, I says you should watch the videos of dis gobbo, the lad knows iz stuff, and our own lad @Goumindong has got all da nitty gritty on all da spells, as well as da mechanical wazzit for combat, so you can see why we's Greenskins iz da best of dem all!

Some of da lads like ta play with mods, makin' de game proper right for 'em. 'Ere's some of da popular ones:

Conquer Anywhere (So we's can take humie lands too!)
Unique starting positions for Legendary Lords (Grimgor and Azhag conquer da world each with dere own clan of boyz! And when they can't go any furtha, they turn around and start ta go da other way!)
No Aggressive Agents (No more sneaky gits ruining everything!)
Home Region Movement Bonus (Chase down da stunties stoopid enough ta come to da Badlands!)
Better AI unit composition (Dat means da enemy has better armies with less arrers and more choppas!)
Kadoken wrote: »
Yes!

A lot in fact

And one that allows regional recruitment
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698364760

Can we put regional recruitment in the OP because it is my favorite pet thing
(Da Empire Humies are all pretty colors now- lets make em all red!)
For those of you who prefer aesthetics over balance, I've released a mod which makes orc, chaos, beastmen, and vampire zombies/ghouls have slightly more varied unit spacing among themselves. IE, no more perfect rows of troops for them.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745197488

(Linez? Wez ain't got no linez. Wez don' need no linez. Wez don' need ta stand in any stinkin' linez!)
Oh hey, more ways to get around one of the worst design decisions they kept in since Rome 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814992019

fpala8gw95e3.jpg

edit: now if they could bring back roads, and farms you don't have to use a slot for. Also external buildings not in the settlement that could be raided.
Make it the Shogun 2/FOTS region system is what I'm saying.

Maybe bring back Empire's village system, I liked that a lot, and I'm not sure why they got rid of it.
(Nows wez get da nice big boss towns, like dem pansies get!)
Warhammer - Modern Warfare
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796872429
Some people, they know exactly what I like
This mod redates Warhammer from a 16./17.th century inspired era into a 18./19.th century timeframe with many new units and some small changes. But the most important part of this mod is strategy. The new units are strong but only if you use them right and always adapt your strategies to the different enemies you fight. Getting engaged in melee early will likely end in a military disaster.
Barring a 40k Total War, I would love to see an alternate timeline Fantasy that shifted things up to the Victorian era. Like an Arcanum style Warhammer setting.
(As da boyz of da 41st Millennium sezs- BRING ON DA DAKKA!)
Frei wrote: »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wn43y2tgl1sn3zf/WE_CrimsonGreen.pack?dl=0

Just plop it in the data folder within the Warhammer folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER\data

If you want to have the de-cloned units, we made sure it worked with that, so just grab it from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=824581936.

works with custom units as well, if you have any of those for Wood Elves. Note that it's only a mod for the main Wood Elf faction led by Orion. I think the others already have suitable recolors out, but Orion is stuck with baby puke green.

(Oi, dem forest pansies 'ave some pretty colors for dere armor and 'air now... SMASH DA GITS!)
I found the perfect compromise to being able to settle everywhere and the regional occupation system

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=907418812

This mod allows everyone to make Wood Elf style outposts in alien lands. So that orc warboss isn't going to try to rule over human lands with a greenskin bureaucracy taking taxes and such, but he will make a warcamp outpost for troops to come in and serve as a buffer.

(We nedz ta make sure dat after we fight da humies, they don't come back ta fight before we'z done fightin' da stunties, lets build a boss pole on da lands we smash so we'z can make sure they can't build there until we's ready to fight with 'em again!)

Total Waaagh! Warhammer is da latest Total War, but if ya gits want ta talk about the other gamez, dat's all right by me.

Now goes out there, find ya some boyz, and join da WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

steam_sig.png
Foefaller on

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    This is da best OP.

Also, i may have killed the Empire a tad bit too early.

Oh Well high there gentle northfolk:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/259336546337639221/272BEA4985AF116D4D0DB15863248A199FC6FBFD/

The world as of turn 71 so you can see the value in vasselizing Schwarzhafen: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/259336546337639353/761F9DC4D90EA44618AF15B79E224400D7D98CFF/

The Greenskins own the area directly to my south. I have an NAP with them which means that the Dwarves are on the back foot and/or are at least tied. Once Chaos goes i can deal with them relatively easily and/or raze Karak Kadrin on my way back down.

My income is deceptively low at 2600 listed. I am spending a good deal of money keeping schwarzhafen happy(its worth it, they're 6th in power and when i marched across and killed Franz they gobbled up the last of the empire/enforced the rebelling provinces i left) and paying Talabeeland for the "right" to raid across their province [Basically partially offsetting the raiding penalty i am accruing moving across his land] because i really don't want him to be an ass about anything while i attempt to deal with Chaos. If you include paying for banshee actions* i've probably got 500 or so real income.

I've got a couple of pretty good armies [8k upkeep] to slam into those buggers including a rank 5 Carin Wraith, Rank 7 Hexwraith, and rank 6 terrorgeist. My plan is to hit something on the edge and kill as much as I can then ambush (i've got the ambush skill on Kemmler, not on Manfred though) in the woods and raise new units as i go, from what looks like will be one hell of a battlefield.

*I am playing with a mod that places a global limit on each type of hero to 2(except chaos/human wizards which get 3 so you can get one of each)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I've been playing with some mods and it's almost impossible for me to go back to the vanilla game. The mods just add too many great and useful stuff, from simple UI improvements like better cameras and unit markers to the gameplay additions like new units and skills.

• Options
    I haven't found any really good mods besides camera and agent limits. New units and skills always seem OP to me.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I made it to Turn 60 as Empire, Chaos is awake and I have one military alliance.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    As long as the main chaos faction is around all human and dwarf factions will gain the 'shield of civilisation' trait, making them extremely friendly to all other humans and dwarfs. It's common to get alliances with all human/dwarf factions during this time.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    As long as the main chaos faction is around all human and dwarf factions will gain the 'shield of civilisation' trait, making them extremely friendly to all other humans and dwarfs. It's common to get alliances with all human/dwarf factions during this time.

This is what helped me win my first campaign. I wasn't used to being offered so many alliances in a TW game but was quite appreciative. I have to admit I was very suspicious of this behavior from the A.I. until they actually showed up to help in a few fights. Our alliance become so strong the vamps and greenskins didn't stand a chance.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I made it to Turn 60 as Empire, Chaos is awake and I have one military alliance.

The secret to killing Chaos is to try, try again. Chaos will not replenish their armies or HP, so if you can bleed them you will kill them. Losing an army is not a big deal, and people will very much love you for fighting them. Such that you will not have many diplomatic issues if you're fighting the North and Chaos

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Anyone think that the Empire colors are a little meh? I thought White and Red would be cool but I think the uniforms include too much white. They should probably be mostly red with white highlights. When I get the game I might get the mod that turns the Empire colors to Nuln Black and Red

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Is there a mod that adjust the empire unit colours according to each province?

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Yes!

A lot in fact

Kadoken on
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

The secret to killing Chaos is to try, try again. Chaos will not replenish their armies or HP, so if you can bleed them you will kill them. Losing an army is not a big deal, and people will very much love you for fighting them. Such that you will not have many diplomatic issues if you're fighting the North and Chaos

How many 20-unit armies do I need if I'm trying to only stay in Reikland?

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    .....I can only disagree with the notion of "don't expand".

If anything it is "don't expand too quickly". You earn more income from owning provinces than by having trade relations. Trade is really only meant as an early to mid game supplement. Can it be significant? Yes. But in this rendition of TW owning more land only penalizes you via diplomacy modifiers.

• Options
    Apparently if you play on Legendary Empire you should expand to Brettonia because they don't shield you like Empire provinces and dorfs do

• Options
    edited June 2016

How many 20-unit armies do I need if I'm trying to only stay in Reikland?

Depends on income. 1 is probably plenty. You could also get away with 2 10 stacks if you kept them close together.

Edit: but there isn't any reason to stay in reikland. You were talking about not expanding at turn 20 but turn 40 or 80 you will want more land.

Basically you want as many armies as you're using and if you're not using an army get rid of it.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Yes!

A lot in fact

Done.

Anyone else have any mods or guides they think deserve a spot in the OP, just say so.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Hngh. I'm having a bit of trouble with Chaos, and I feel bad for reloading but on the other hand I'm playing my first ever campaign on hard so maybe I shouldn't. I can beat Archaeon and his uber-stack, the problem is that he's got three other stacks including one lead by a Lord of Change behind him, which I didn't even know was a unit in the game and came as a bit of a shock. I have about two-and-a-half full stacks to their four, and I can only get them to engage me if I have inferior numbers in which case I either lose, or just barely win and get wiped out next turn by their reinforcements. Otherwise if I try to hide behind fortifications they just go around me and burninate everything to the ground uncontested. There really needs to be some way to force armies to engage you other than Witch Hunters; my only one is way on the other side of the map where he's not much use.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Hngh. I'm having a bit of trouble with Chaos, and I feel bad for reloading but on the other hand I'm playing my first ever campaign on hard so maybe I shouldn't. I can beat Archaeon and his uber-stack, the problem is that he's got three other stacks including one lead by a Lord of Change behind him, which I didn't even know was a unit in the game and came as a bit of a shock. I have about two-and-a-half full stacks to their four, and I can only get them to engage me if I have inferior numbers in which case I either lose, or just barely win and get wiped out next turn by their reinforcements. Otherwise if I try to hide behind fortifications they just go around me and burninate everything to the ground uncontested. There really needs to be some way to force armies to engage you other than Witch Hunters; my only one is way on the other side of the map where he's not much use.

Hmm.

There are a few options that can be useful for setting up fights on the strategic layer.
    • Ambushes. Enemy heroes can make it difficult to get these off without a hitch... but set up ambushes near settlements or lure the enemy in with what seems to be a lone army or two.
    • Move to the edge of the enemy's attack range and then let him attack you. Then just retreat once. If he moved his entire move range then he cannot follow up and attack you again. If he tries to march his forces away then they will be tired in the upcoming battle and you might be able to win.
    • Lightning Strike. Do you have a commander with it? Stack all of your best units into that commander and then use it to pick on one of the enemy armies. If you can win the 1v1 fight the enemy formation will automatically break: they have to move outside of your red "reinforcement range" circle. Other armies can then follow up and attack the isolated armies.

Also, as was said above, consider just having a tough battle where you lose but inflict good casualties. Chaos armies cannot reinforce and recover quickly. They have to recruit slowly... much slower than your forces if you have multiple provinces.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    The real problem is that my armies are both stupidly positioned and have entirely the wrong mix of units; I might just have to go back to an earlier save. Basically I was gearing up to fight the Vampire Counts when Chaos happened and had my forces split between Balthasar Gelt defending the North from the Norscans, and the Karl Franz uber-stack in the South-East prepping to invade the Vamps. I was able to convince Ostland to federate and got their sizeable army into the bargain, but it was all basic swordsmen and crossbows. So I'm left with Franz and his uber-stack, a second stack of mostly basic units, a half-stack of whatever else I could scrape together and Balthy's stack too far away to do anything of consequence. And then when I do engage, the bulk of my army is basic swordsmen and handgunners, who don't fare too well against the hordes of trolls, giants, chaos spawn and knights.

What I really need to do is go back to an earlier save and stock up on halberds and spears, and make sure everybody is where they need to be in advance.

• Options
    Throw units at them, die, do it again. Thin the horde and it's beatable even if you don't kill it all at once.

I have killed 10 and still have 15 or so (halfish) stacks to kill of my VH mid-tier chaos invasion.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, a trilogy of games? I don't know if I already knew that.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Hmm, a trilogy of games? I don't know if I already knew that.

And due to the popularity of the first game future developements are going to be more expansive than previously planned.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I should write down the mods I use, I'll do that later.

In the interim, there was a hack/ data mine awhile ago that laid out What the DLC/ expansions will be.

Bretonnians eventually of course, Beastmen and Wood Elves will likely be in one release, Skaven might be a full expansion but are probably a pay-to-play for DLC. High Elves and Dark Elves will likely be one release.

There were info there about things as whackadooldle as Khemri and Ogre Kingdoms, and a full expansion on the 4 flavors of Chaos. (Endtimes with super units like Nagash and Glottkin? Yes please.)

• Options
    I'm really looking forward to Wood Elves since they were my tabletop army.

Curious what form they'll take though. They only live in certain forested areas and don't really venture any further than the forest edges to fight, they're mostly defensive. Perhaps some sort of hybrid horde faction that has just a few permanent settlements?

Brets will definitely be DLC'd into this game though, since they're already on the map.

sig.gif
  • Options
    interesting thread about vortex spells

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178867/psa-vortex-spells-arent-as-bad-as-people-think-even-on-ultra-unit-size#latest

Seems to be that vortex/explosion spells only do damage on the ground, units in the air are invulnerable, and so for many spells, units with low mass get disrupted OUT of the damaging area.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to Wood Elves since they were my tabletop army.

Curious what form they'll take though. They only live in certain forested areas and don't really venture any further than the forest edges to fight, they're mostly defensive. Perhaps some sort of hybrid horde faction that has just a few permanent settlements?

Brets will definitely be DLC'd into this game though, since they're already on the map.

Well, in TW the entirety of Athel Loren Forest is un-enterable and says "unknown territory" when hovered over.

The hybrid horde thing is interesting because a similar idea would work for Beastmen, and some of the data pointed toward this- think permanent Herdstone encampments vs raiding parties.

It's also possible that some races will get special campaign "Chapters" dealing with times of great importance- the Clan Pestilens invasion of Lustria for Lizardmen for example.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Turns out all I had to do to beat Chaos was wait. I did as @Corp.Shephard said and kited them for a bit, leaving my stacks just outside of their movement range in the hopes that they'd over-extend and I could divide and conquer. Eventually they did just that, and by then the Dwarves and remaining Empire factions had shown up to back me up. Then our combined numbers made it one-sided in the other direction very quickly.

Both Archaon and the greater demon died in hilariously ignoble ways; the demon was seriously wounded whilst razing a Kislev settlement, at which point I was able to counter-attack and finish it off with a single volley of gunfire. Archaon meanwhile got run the fuck over by a tank while fleeing.

Some great battles were had, although when I went to watch the replays I couldn't help but notice... replays are kind of balls, aren't they? Like, I'm not expecting them to mirror what happened in the actual battle 100% but I'd expect certain details like who actually won the battle to be reflected accurately. Apparently the game doesn't think I should have won.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Turns out all I had to do to beat Chaos was wait. I did as @Corp.Shephard said and kited them for a bit, leaving my stacks just outside of their movement range in the hopes that they'd over-extend and I could divide and conquer. Eventually they did just that, and by then the Dwarves and remaining Empire factions had shown up to back me up. Then our combined numbers made it one-sided in the other direction very quickly.

Both Archaon and the greater demon died in hilariously ignoble ways; the demon was seriously wounded whilst razing a Kislev settlement, at which point I was able to counter-attack and finish it off with a single volley of gunfire. Archaon meanwhile got run the fuck over by a tank while fleeing.

Some great battles were had, although when I went to watch the replays I couldn't help but notice... replays are kind of balls, aren't they? Like, I'm not expecting them to mirror what happened in the actual battle 100% but I'd expect certain details like who actually won the battle to be reflected accurately. Apparently the game doesn't think I should have won.

There's a massive bug with replays if a battle featured reinforcements: the reinforcements do not spawn in the same location, which completely screws-up the replay. :|

Other than that, for the most part, the replays are pretty accurate.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    I really wish CA would allow artillery to be placed on walls.

One thing that always annoyed me about FOTS, even though it is my favorite, is that if you are caught in a defensive siege battle and you have artillery that does not fire upward like wooden cannons or mortars from an expanded artillery mod I use, that artillery is basically useless. If you set it outside the walls it will quickly be overwhelmed, and if you set it in the walls it will quickly lose the ability to shoot advancing units. I really wish that they would allow stationary placement of cannons, a loss in mobility for a fixed angle of protected firepower. Towers are nice but even the gatling ones fired too slowly to be really useful. The final cannon upgrade is better and star forts are a decent help but those probably won't show up unless you're playing a legendary campaign modded up with Radious and Darthmod like I was with increased money that would allow someone to actually build those things.

I wish they would allow for Minas Tirith style artillery emplacements on the walls for Warhammer, maybe use it as a way of balancing the towers by halving their range but allowing the use of artillery to compensate. So far it looks like the only useful artillery for defensive purposes are mortars and fire rockets, and pretty much all the non empire factions don't have a similar unit to those that can provide somewhat indirect fire.

• Options
    Ironically only the dwarves have the issue. Doom divers are high arc

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »

There's a massive bug with replays if a battle featured reinforcements: the reinforcements do not spawn in the same location, which completely screws-up the replay. :|

Anything random is redone and only orders are stored so replays have a lot of problems with accuracy for every action

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

Anything random is redone and only orders are stored so replays have a lot of problems with accuracy for every action

...Wow.

That's pretty shitty for what is an (IMHO) nearly essential feature.

:|

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Yeah, these were all multi-stack battles so they all involved reinforcements. I guess now I know what the problem is at least.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Patch notes for Update 1, Added Blood Knights for VC, balance tweaks (enemy Heroes and some spells)

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

I haven't seem to have updated yet, dunno if it just isn't live yet or... Tomorrow apparently.

Some juicey bits:

Blood Knights

Update 1 also introduces our first FreeLC content: the Blood Knights shock cavalry for the Vampire Counts.

Once the order of The Knights of The Blood Dragon, these noble warriors were dominated and given The Blood Kiss by the vampire Walach of the Harkon family. In undeath, their skill is no less potent: they are among the most powerful cavalry in The Old World.

Tier 5 Shock Cavalry, Blood Knights are recruitable from the Vampire’s Keep building (along with the Black Coach). Heavily armoured and shielded with a high Charge Bonus, they smash into infantry with ease, and with the Anti Large ability, they are apt to take on larger foes. They also have the Frenzy ability, meaning they deal more damage as long as their leadership is high. Blood Knights can also be directly improved with two technologies: Turning Knightly Orders (bonuses to Melee Attack, Melee Defence and Charge Bonus), and Delusions of Grandeur (Upkeep and Recruitment Cost reductions).

Heroes balance changes

AI-controlled Heroes now receive half the amount of XP that the player would following an action.

Reduced AI-controlled Hero success chance on Easy and Normal difficulties.

Rebalanced traits and followers that could affect Hero action success chance.

Hero actions that damage the entire target army cause significantly less damage.

Spell, ability and effect changes
    The effectiveness of Direct Damage spells (eg Spirit Leech) is now modified according to context, bringing them more in line with other spell types. Their damage output is now more variable as a result.

In multiplayer, all players will now begin battle with the same (but randomly determined) starting Winds of Magic.

Tweaks to hit-point regeneration and resurrection effects are tweaked to be more effective and have longer durations.

The Invocation of Nehek will now replenish the maximum HP of entities revived by it.

The Frenzy ability will no longer target allies in range.

Improvements to vortex/building interactions.

Movement/charge speed abilities now have longer durations.

Mad Cap Mushrooms now has the correct miscast effect.

Update to lightning so it now damages buildings.

Solheim’s Bolt of Illumination (fired by Luminark of Hysh) is now stronger and better against moving targets.

Satchel charges should no longer explode in the air.

Updated the Chaos Lord abilities and rebalanced the initial recharge of their abilities.

Manual aim (ALT) of spawn abilities such as Raise Dead now previews proxies in the correct place on the ground.

Added a target arrow to show the range of spawn abilities such as Raise Dead.

Fixed an issue with inconsistent firing arcs for magic on walls during Siege Battles.

Fixed the target arc location/orientation for area-of-effect spells on the battlefield.

Friendly AI present on the battlefield will now no longer assume control of units that the player has spawned with abilities such as Raise Dead.
    Units: first balance pass
    Bretonnia

Grail Knights: +Hitpoints, + Charge Bonus, -Damage, +AP Damage

Louen Leoncoeur on Beaquis: +Melee Attack

Trebuchet: smaller hitbox vs projectiles

Men-At-Arms, Spearmen-At-Arms: –Armour

Chaos Warriors

Chariots: –cost

Chaos Spawn: smaller hitbox vs projectiles

Chosen (all): +Armour

Chosen with Halberd +Bonus vs Large

Dragon: +Armour, +Hitpoints, +Melee Attack

Dragon Ogres: +Melee Defence, +Damage, +Missile Resistance

Forsaken: –Armour, -Melee Attack, -Melee Defence, -Damage, +Speed, +Charge Bonus

Hellcannon: rebalanced projectile properties for greater effectiveness

Knights (all): +Hitpoints, +Melee Defence, +Charge Bonus

Knights with Lances: -Damage, +AP Damage

Marauder Horsemen (all): +Damage, +Reload Speed, +Accuracy

Sigvald now has the Strider ability

Sorcerer Lords: +Damage, +Leadership

Sorcerer Lord with Lore of Death: –Cost

Trolls (all): +Damage

Warhounds: +Speed

Dwarfs

Flame Cannon: +Damage, +Range, increased firing angle to allow firing from second row

Gyrocopter, Gyrobomber: +Mass, tweaks to chance of playing hit reaction animation, tweaks to projectiles that result in slight accuracy increase

Irondrakes with Trollhammer Torpedoes: +Damage

Miners with Blasting Charges: –Projectile Damage

Organ Gun: +Penetration (now penetrates Troll-sized enemies too)

Slayers: lower chance of getting knocked down by splash attacks

Empire

Empire Knights, Reiksguard: +Charge Bonus

Helblaster Volley Gun: +Penetration (now penetrates cavalry-sized enemies too)

Demigryph Knights: (all) +Cost, +Damage, -AP Damage, -Speed

Griffon: –Speed

Steam Tank: –Speed

Greenskins

Goblin Big Boss: +Damage, +Melee Attack, +Melee Defence, -Cost

Trolls: +Damage, smaller hitbox vs projectiles

Wolf Chariot: +Hitpoints, +Melee Attack, +Charge Bonus

Goblin bow units: –Damage

Forest Goblin Spider Riders (all): –Hitpoints, -AP Damage

Savage Orcs (all): –Leadership, -Melee Attack, -Charge Bonus

Vampire Counts

Banshee now has Terror

Black Coach: +Melee Defence, +Armour, +Attack Speed

Black Knights (all): +Charge Bonus

Cairn Wraiths, Hexwraiths, Banshee: rebalanced for higher Physical Resistance

Crypt Horrors: –Speed, -Damage, -Armour

Terrorgheist: –Speed

Battle AI

Improved the Siege AI's unit selection when deciding to attack city gates so that missile-heavy AI armies can have a better chance at being successful.

Siege AI will now attempt to assault the gates even if they only have missile units.

Increased the width of the walls the Siege AI will attempt to defend.

Improved the AI's positioning on walls when defending during siege battles.

When the Battle AI decides to switch from defence to attack, it will fully commit instead of sometimes trying to pull back and defend again.

Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the attacking Siege AI’s flying units from engaging.

Fixed an issue that could cause the defending Battle AI to unnecessarily move a few meters forward at the start of battle.

Updated the Vampire Counts army templates for the AI to improve army quality.

Campaign AI

Increased war co-ordination attack priority in Campaign, to help make allied AI factions respond more readily to war targets/war co-ordination.

Diplomatic treacheries now have a bigger impact on the player's reliability rating, and the AI remembers them for a longer period of time.

Campaign AI is now less likely to offer money and more likely to sign more alliances.

Campaign AI is now a bit more cautious with intercepting enemy armies.

AI is now less inclined to start chasing the Chaos player around the Campaign map.

Increased the chance of Chaos recruiting when they are in the position to do so, when controlled by the AI.

Changed late game (‘Age of Peace’) AI behaviour, to make AI factions more aggressive and unreliable. As a result they are more likely to return to the pre-Chaos status quo, breaking treaties and turning against one another. Also increased the Great Power penalty at this stage of the game.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    I dont even know Warhammer but it feels like the game is incomeplete without douchey elves.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I dont even know Warhammer but it feels like the game is incomeplete without douchey elves.

Oh there will be douchy elves, in all flavours.

Ranked from Douchey to Douchier and Douchiest Elves.

Not sure which faction counts as Douchey an Douchier, but there is only one contestant for Douchiest Elves.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Douche factor, least to most:

Wood < Dark < High

In your heart you know it's true. Wood Elves stealing Bret children is pretty cool, though.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I mean, at least dark elves are usually happy to see you.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    You know exactly what message you're sending when you add 'High' as a prefix for your race.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    On the other hand, they're generally happy to see you because you will be useful either as food for their Cold Ones or as slave meat to sell. I think the merely snooty High Elves are lower on the douchemeter simply because they're less likely to use you as a carrot on a stick for some horrible monster thing for their amusement.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    You know exactly what message you're sending when you add 'High' as a prefix for your race.

Well maaaan maybe those guys just need to lighten up, OK?

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.