As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Total War] Da Total WAAAAGH! Thread, Da Knights of Bretonnia are here! Sequel announced!

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Originally I believe the plan was to have lizardpeople and DE in a single expansion, a new-world/Lustria expansion of sorts. That could have changed, since they said their DLC plans have been altered by the success of TWW.

I am incredibly curious what type of settlement style WE will use. I'm not sure how I would do it. They're just not the conquering the world type.

Also, I keep telling myself to not start a new game until there is new DLC, because I'll have to restart anyways. But damn, this is difficult.

I've been thinking most, if not all the normal settlements that Wood Elves can actually take over would be contained to Athel Loren, hopefully as it's own map, but maybe even as it already exists. However, there would be new settlements added specifically for Wood Elves in several of the forests in the world (IIRC some of the WE lore hints that outposts for both the elves and the spirits of Athel Loren do exist outside of their forests) that might have special rules (like provinces with no major settlement, or being pseudo-buildings that allow casualty replenishment, World Roots travel and global recruitment but aren't true settlements in their own right.

As for what would push them outside of their woods. I figure that they'd have something like the grudge meter, only instead of tracking wrongs, it tracks the amount of corruption in the world, as well as the number of razed settlements vs. occupied settlements, with such things in Athel Loren counting for even more. Wood Elves would also get the option to "purify" settlements that have been razed (and in place of razing) which would turn them into the anti-corruption version of herdstones, perhaps also giving a bonus to Order races (Empire/Bretonnia/Dwarfs) who decide to retake it in the form of reducing the colonizing cost or a one-time pop bonus. Victory conditions would require said meter to reach below a certain level. On top of that, you'd have Wild Hunts, which would either work like Medieval 2 crusades (have a target, bonuses to the army that goes for it, maybe special global recruit options but heavy attrition/leadership penalties if you take too long doing it) or simply be a timed mission to sack a settlement or defeat a Lord's army, with both a bonus for success and a penalty for failure.

Some people on the official forums also talk about adding a seasonal mechanic similar to Morrslieb for the Beastmen, giving a rotating set of bonuses and/or penalties for each season.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    ?.jpg

Not the worst thing Gelt has done for a magical artifact, I guess.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Originally I believe the plan was to have lizardpeople and DE in a single expansion, a new-world/Lustria expansion of sorts. That could have changed, since they said their DLC plans have been altered by the success of TWW.

I am incredibly curious what type of settlement style WE will use. I'm not sure how I would do it. They're just not the conquering the world type.

Also, I keep telling myself to not start a new game until there is new DLC, because I'll have to restart anyways. But damn, this is difficult.

I've been thinking most, if not all the normal settlements that Wood Elves can actually take over would be contained to Athel Loren, hopefully as it's own map, but maybe even as it already exists. However, there would be new settlements added specifically for Wood Elves in several of the forests in the world (IIRC some of the WE lore hints that outposts for both the elves and the spirits of Athel Loren do exist outside of their forests) that might have special rules (like provinces with no major settlement, or being pseudo-buildings that allow casualty replenishment, World Roots travel and global recruitment but aren't true settlements in their own right.

As for what would push them outside of their woods. I figure that they'd have something like the grudge meter, only instead of tracking wrongs, it tracks the amount of corruption in the world, as well as the number of razed settlements vs. occupied settlements, with such things in Athel Loren counting for even more. Wood Elves would also get the option to "purify" settlements that have been razed (and in place of razing) which would turn them into the anti-corruption version of herdstones, perhaps also giving a bonus to Order races (Empire/Bretonnia/Dwarfs) who decide to retake it in the form of reducing the colonizing cost or a one-time pop bonus. Victory conditions would require said meter to reach below a certain level. On top of that, you'd have Wild Hunts, which would either work like Medieval 2 crusades (have a target, bonuses to the army that goes for it, maybe special global recruit options but heavy attrition/leadership penalties if you take too long doing it) or simply be a timed mission to sack a settlement or defeat a Lord's army, with both a bonus for success and a penalty for failure.

Some people on the official forums also talk about adding a seasonal mechanic similar to Morrslieb for the Beastmen, giving a rotating set of bonuses and/or penalties for each season.

This is probably the best idea I've heard.

Their campaign objectives could be fighting chaos (and vampiric I guess) corruption in all forms. They would probably join the "shield of civilization" factions when archaon shows up. They can raze settlements into the opposite herdstones.

Theyd have a few large settlements scattered around the old world forests.

Not going to lie, though. CA wasn't very creative with faction archetype mechanics so far. Sure. Each faction has tweaks, but they haven't done anything outside of the box like when hordes were first introduced in Attila.

Chaos and beastmen are generic hordes. One has the waagh mechanic. The other has intense competition. One has a moon mechanic. Neat, but not really that new.

Empire is pretty standard. Dwarfs too but add grudges. Vampires get corruption... which is a tweak of the religion mechanic. Orks get the waagh mechanic, which was awesome, but not a faction structural change really.

I am shocked we haven't seen a hybrid horde/city faction. Where there are a few 'tall' settlements which create self contained 'horde' armies. Maybe that could be elves.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Decided to try Attilla again today after a hankering for some historical battles.

Started a new Saxon campaign and in four turns four factions declared war on me. Couldn't barely afford one full stack so promptly gave up.

Warhammer seems to balance things much better.

Started new campaign as empire with the occupy anywhere mod. Varg has taken half the map!

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    CuddlyCuteKittenCuddlyCuteKitten Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

This is probably the best idea I've heard.

Their campaign objectives could be fighting chaos (and vampiric I guess) corruption in all forms. They would probably join the "shield of civilization" factions when archaon shows up. They can raze settlements into the opposite herdstones.

Theyd have a few large settlements scattered around the old world forests.

Not going to lie, though. CA wasn't very creative with faction archetype mechanics so far. Sure. Each faction has tweaks, but they haven't done anything outside of the box like when hordes were first introduced in Attila.

Chaos and beastmen are generic hordes. One has the waagh mechanic. The other has intense competition. One has a moon mechanic. Neat, but not really that new.

Empire is pretty standard. Dwarfs too but add grudges. Vampires get corruption... which is a tweak of the religion mechanic. Orks get the waagh mechanic, which was awesome, but not a faction structural change really.

I am shocked we haven't seen a hybrid horde/city faction. Where there are a few 'tall' settlements which create self contained 'horde' armies. Maybe that could be elves.

For wild hunts and true wood elf style their faction goal should be to fight all forms of corruption across the map AND all large settlements next to theirs. So basically you want to fight chaos and the undead which helps the human factions but you want to sack or raze settlements next to your precious forests.

Basically the wild hunt mechanic activates if there are too many large settlements next to yours and you have to go out and cull them a bit or face penalties while the corrupt-o-meter activates for corruption.

Win condition is chaos gone, all forest settlements taken, corruption meter at low (probably wiped out the vamps too), beastmen dead and wildhunt-o-meter at low.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow - Felicia, SPFT2:T
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm finding it super hard to get into the Greenskins. I took over the whole south of the map with several stacks of orc boyz and goblin arrows, but I just can't figure out how you're supposed to put together an army that isn't just autocomplete cheese or spam.

Their infantry is... bad
    Their ranged units are... bad
    Their artillery is... bad
    Their cavalry is... bad

Their monsters are... well they have the spiders which are good. Giants are giants. They're the second best monster of two other factions. Should I be heading towards the forest goblin archers as a mainstay? Is their extensive light cavalry worth a damn and I'm just using it wrong? I started with a unit of spider riders and they don't even take out archers particularly well.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    As orcs you have three things going for you:

1. Good elite units. Black orcs, arachnaroks, giants, wizards (goblins for support, orcs for foot of gork stomping) and doomdivers are all pretty good.
    2. Lots of orcs. You have the waagh mechanic for a reason. You're supposed to spam.
    3. Combined arms. Thanks to sneaky gits, poison arrows and good light cavalry orcs are pretty good at combined arms. An enemy that's pretty tough isn't as tough if you put a few showers of poison arrows into them before you charge (forest goblin spider rider archers are good for this) or charge them in the back with nightgoblins/spider cav. Doomdivers are also quite accurate and able to really put the hurt on enemy elites.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Orcs are tough, but I found that once you have a nice core of black orcs you can take the gloves off and start slaughterin. Use your waaaghs for what they are, a giant mass to throw at the enemy for your core army to mop up after. Arachnaroks are stupidly good as well they move fast and are pretty much walking arrow platforms. The spider does its thing, the gobbos fire down at the same time!

Use Grimgor on your weak flanks and he'll practically hold it himself in a lot of cases, otherwise use him to punch through the enemy, he's an absolute monster.

The big trick is using waaaghs effectively and surviving against the dwarves until you get the good stuff at higher tiers.

I forget what my stack composition was by the end of the game, but I want to say it was at least 4 black orcs, a giant, 2 arachnaroks, at least one doom diver, and night goblin archers to act as my ranged. I never did get to experiment with savage orcs in my campaign.

MortifiedPenguin on
  • Options
    CuddlyCuteKittenCuddlyCuteKitten Registered User regular
    For super early orc game just spam boys and goblins as fast as you can. This does 2 things, it gives you your wagh earlier which is crucial and it lets you envelope the dwarfs which is key. Use your initial key black orc unit to tie up key units and grimgor kills the enemy general.
    Dont scoff at basic goblins they are dirt cheap and better at taking missile fire than orcs are. If the enemy dwarf army has 15 units of archers/miners/warriors early on you have 20 units of orcs and goblins. And 4-5 enemy units are crossbows which makes your melee advantage even bigger. I just lined up 4 goblin units as screens and the rest of my units behind and gave a march order behind the enemy army. Once you contact set some units to chase the ranged while the rest flanks.

You need to use your hero, blackorcs and orc boarboys to effect since your other units suck but its a pretty easy strategy to handle, just run down archers with the cav and stick blackorcs on the hardest target.

Midgame you want 4 units of nightgoblin archers, 2 unit of boarboys, probably a mage and a few big uns on the flanks but really the strategy is exactly the same and this is when grimgor is his strongest.

Lategame 6 units of blackorcs, 4 spiders/giants, 4 nightgoblin archers and whatever else you feel like is all you need.

Also since your units are so cheap early game you can afford two main armies effectivly giving you 4 armies. This is usually enough to beat the main enemy army and then immediatly steamrolling before they have any chance to respond.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow - Felicia, SPFT2:T
  • Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm finding it super hard to get into the Greenskins. I took over the whole south of the map with several stacks of orc boyz and goblin arrows, but I just can't figure out how you're supposed to put together an army that isn't just autocomplete cheese or spam.

Their infantry is... bad
    Their ranged units are... bad
    Their artillery is... bad
    Their cavalry is... bad

Their monsters are... well they have the spiders which are good. Giants are giants. They're the second best monster of two other factions. Should I be heading towards the forest goblin archers as a mainstay? Is their extensive light cavalry worth a damn and I'm just using it wrong? I started with a unit of spider riders and they don't even take out archers particularly well.

Greenskins are about badass elite units (Black Orcs, Arachnarok, Giants, and to a less degree/for mid-tier armies Big 'Uns and Trolls) supported by hordes of cheap units whose main purpose is to distract enemy units from focusing on your important stuff until your heavy hitters are done with killin' da gits in front of dem an' can get to da rest. Goblins and boyz have shields and large unit sizes that make them great for protecting the flanks of Big Uns and Black Orcs that have no shields and are smaller than average units. Their Light cav might not kill much on their own, but between the wolf's speed and the spider's poison, they can seriously disrupt the enemy's missile troops while the slow but devastating on charge Boar Boyz makes their way in.

Plus, with Big Waaagh! and Little Waaagh! you have some of the best buff and debuff spells in the game. 'Ere We Go! will turn even cheap goblins into murder machines, and Sneaky Stabbin' + Itchy Nuisance can really turn the tide of a battle.

Also, in the GC you really want to avoid serious fighting until you get a Waaagh! going. Those extra numbers are really important, especially early on against Dwarfs before you have the monsters and magic to beat them one stack vs. one stack.

Final comp for most of my armies was 3-4 Black Orcs, as many Big 'Uns, a shaman, 2-3 archers (usually arrer boyz or night goblins for missile cav and fliers.) a Doom Diver, and the rest a mix of cavalry/chariots and monsters, usually some trolls and a giant or spider or two. Sometimes a couple Night Goblins with Fanatics to wait in ambush to flank after the fight starts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In the grand campaign I've found that it's all about snowballing early.
    Step 1. Beat enemy orc factions over the head.
    Step 2. Ask them if they submit and are ready to join you and your Waaagh. If no, return to step 1.
    Step 3. WAAAGH into dwarf territory on turn 10 with a full stack and a waagh going.

By the time everyone else gets their own trains going you might have 5 provinces under your rule and a massive advantage in economy and numbers...just the way you like it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    It sounds like I'm kind of doing the right thing then! I didn't build my economy up much while taking the south but I've disbanded my units now and I figure I can take some time to build up the silver road. Dwarves didn't last long at all. I snuck in and took the silver road while they weren't paying attention and they never really recovered. Part of me wants to rush the Empire now before they can confederate but I'm pretty sure holing up and getting ready for Chaos is a better idea, since they're likely to take care of the Empire for me anyway.

• Options
    It sounds like I'm kind of doing the right thing then! I didn't build my economy up much while taking the south but I've disbanded my units now and I figure I can take some time to build up the silver road. Dwarves didn't last long at all. I snuck in and took the silver road while they weren't paying attention and they never really recovered. Part of me wants to rush the Empire now before they can confederate but I'm pretty sure holing up and getting ready for Chaos is a better idea, since they're likely to take care of the Empire for me anyway.

Once you have established the Maginorc line (bloodriver valley+Silver Road) my recommendation is to:
    a. Crush the vampires. Units that can't break are annoying when playing as the orcs. Don't let them get high-level units.
    b. Spread out along the mountain ranges.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    So I've basically played this game up and down, so I've been making unbalanced home brew mods at this point.

Currently I'm playing as the empire because arch lectors are so cool. I made a mod where flagellants have 160 people in a unit instead of 120, and decreased their upkeep slightly. So I have a "human waaaggh" mechanic going on where I have a normal army trailed by this stack of 16+ big units of flagellants and it is glorious. It is an amazing human horde of cultists that descend upon the enemy and climb over their own bodies to reach the enemy. It's so much fun. This play through I'm really going deep into the cult of Sigmar stuff. I'm turning the empire into a theocracy and its great.

I had to siege the Bretonnian castle of Bastonne and it was a slaughter. I killed who I could with ranged units before I sent my stack of flagellants to climb the walls. Most of them were killed. Three units fought to the end. The remainder had no more than 25 men left on average. So much bloodshed, but there are always more cultists to take their place.

Previously, I did a chaos run where I increased the number of units in a chaos possessed unit to 160. It was amazing to see a gibbering horde of salivating monstrosities descend upon my enemies, ripping them to pieces. Backed up by spawn it was an insane army. Watching the possessed climb the walls and engulf poor, poor units trapped on them. There were always more willing and unwilling individuals to replace these mutant losses. I imagined that razing a town meant forcefully mutating part of the population.

I think next I'll try my first vampire Vlad campaign, and I'll increase the units in a zombie card to 200 or something.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    They've started teasing the next DLC, looks like dwarf/greenskins pack:

79vqfq4aamzw.jpg

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    I'm guessing that we'll either get Belegar Ironhammer (most likely) or Thorek Ironbrow as the Dwarf legendary hero.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Tried to play Warhammer again, after a long time away from it

Remembered immediately why I stopped when I tried in vain, for the umpteenth time, to actually attack a raiding Chaos army

I chased them across my entire empire and tried to cut them off with two different armies and they just flit in between them and razed two of my settlements to the ground

Still don't know what to do about that, or how to protect against it short of having armies garrisoned in every conceivable border town, and even then they'll just straight up march past them and raze the one behind it

Ambush has never worked consistently for me and forced march doesn't allow you to attack and somehow, some way, they're always, always just out of range of a single campaign move

It's a shame because this is the one thing keeping me from actually enjoying the campaign at this point--I'm a hundred thirty turns deep and I just can't attack anything because all my time is spent chasing some half-stack of Chaos warriors around my empire and recolonizing the cities they raze

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    One new dwarf hero/lord will be Grombrindal. That info was on the leaked November cover for GW's White Dwarf magazine.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That writing isn't nearly dwarfish enough. Too many frilly whorls and sissy curves. Gotta be rune-like to be authentic!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Tried to play Warhammer again, after a long time away from it

Remembered immediately why I stopped when I tried in vain, for the umpteenth time, to actually attack a raiding Chaos army

I chased them across my entire empire and tried to cut them off with two different armies and they just flit in between them and razed two of my settlements to the ground

Still don't know what to do about that, or how to protect against it short of having armies garrisoned in every conceivable border town, and even then they'll just straight up march past them and raze the one behind it

Ambush has never worked consistently for me and forced march doesn't allow you to attack and somehow, some way, they're always, always just out of range of a single campaign move

It's a shame because this is the one thing keeping me from actually enjoying the campaign at this point--I'm a hundred thirty turns deep and I just can't attack anything because all my time is spent chasing some half-stack of Chaos warriors around my empire and recolonizing the cities they raze

The computer is annoyingly good at determining how far your army can march (while you, the player, isn't given the tools necessary to do that). The key is to have two armies and then trap them on a path where they have to walk past one of them. Either that or have three armies and position them in a triangle around the invading army about a third of a days march away. That means they can't just run past you and end up out of range on the other side.

P.S: Every border town should be walled, with capital cities having big level 3 walls (giving them a massive garrison). Then it's enough to have an army nearby.

• Options
    Walls on every city, at least until chaos has passed. The trick to catching them is using your heroes to "block army". That cuts their movement by two thirds. You don't need to put extra points into it or anything (unless your hero requires one point simply to unlock it), a success will allow you to easily catch them.

I know how you feel, because I hated Chaos at first and thought they ruined the game. When you're ready for them though, and have the right tools, you can wipe them out in one turn. The norse tribes are way more annoying, but fold fast if you fight back enough to actually get to their territory.

• Options
    I'm guessing that we'll either get Belegar Ironhammer (most likely) or Thorek Ironbrow as the Dwarf legendary hero.

Could be both? The letter is addressed to Ironbrow and the writer is probably Belegar (He's the leader of Clan Angrund)

Most fascinating part? (which is probably just flavor... for now) the letter mentions "thaggoraki" which is Dwarfen for Skaven.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Decided to start and empire campaign with the conquer anywhere mod. Initially Nordland became a very strong contender but was pushed back by chaos.

While every was busy with Chaos Established became the biggest faction taking out Bretonnia and Nordland. I'm just taking them down now.

Once thays done gonna root out Varg and the Skaeling then take down the Dwarfs.

I know I don't need to but I just wanna rule the whole map!

• Options
    I know they should do a grim and the grave expansion for dwarves and greenskins to even it out but fuck everyone I just want a proper expansion.

• Options
    I just want some lizards!

Tomb Kings will be quiet interesting too.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    There's a great grim/grave mod that fits the undead/empire one pretty much exactly. they did a great job with it, for Greens and Dwarfs only right now I think but it's excellent and functions exactly the same. they aren't even buffed or renamed units, but they've done texture work on them as well, backgrounds on their unit cards, etc.

i want high elves more than anything though. great monsters and sleek infantry. will probably replace undead as my favorite faction when they come out.

edit: here's the greenskin/dwarf units of renown. they're planning stuff for other races, too.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759346526&searchtext=units+of+renown

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    I know they should do a grim and the grave expansion for dwarves and greenskins to even it out but fuck everyone I just want a proper expansion.

Yeah. The game has been very fun but I think I need something more than these little spices.

I downloaded the Radius Total Conversion mods: Changes tech-trees, adds like 100+ new units spread across all sides, re-balances and changes combat, it is a mod that does a whole bunch of stuff. I started a game and got a little into it, but you know the terrain, the objectives, the smart direction to expand in, the overall strategy of every side remains the same no matter how you shake up units and tech-trees.

Need that new expansion/release to really shake things up I think. I've been thinking about opening the mod tools and destroying lore by just trying to build a mod that scrambles start locations for all nations. The game mechanics aren't really made for that what with the way that special tech tree locations work and confederation works... but it would be interesting to try.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

Ogres!

Skaven!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I want rats, I want warpstone, I want weapons of mass destruction that are almost as (or more) dangerous to my own guys as they are to the enemy.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Options
    I don't like spammer factions too much so I'm not excited for Skaven, but the beastmen DLC taught me never to assume that a boring sounding race will be boring to play

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Yeah. The game has been very fun but I think I need something more than these little spices.

I downloaded the Radius Total Conversion mods: Changes tech-trees, adds like 100+ new units spread across all sides, re-balances and changes combat, it is a mod that does a whole bunch of stuff. I started a game and got a little into it, but you know the terrain, the objectives, the smart direction to expand in, the overall strategy of every side remains the same no matter how you shake up units and tech-trees.

Need that new expansion/release to really shake things up I think. I've been thinking about opening the mod tools and destroying lore by just trying to build a mod that scrambles start locations for all nations. The game mechanics aren't really made for that what with the way that special tech tree locations work and confederation works... but it would be interesting to try.

I don't pike the Radious mods because of the morale changes. It makes it such a slog as or against VC. Against VC even killing the general probably won't crumble them, and as VC nobody else breaks because fear basically doesn't matter. So either way it's a slog to the finish

• Options
    Lord_MordjaLord_Mordja Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    We got DLC sign!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3h95GetPDs
    Sure enough it's Belegar and Skarsnik, a slew of new units, lords and Regiments of Renown, all launching alongside Wurrzag as their free LL. Different start positions for all the new guys this time around, and some of those Regiments sound wild.

I should probably actually think of picking this game up soon, huh?

Lord_Mordja on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So excited for alternative starts!

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

I'm hoping for a lot more story missions and weird fantasy events. My biggest issue with the game is the typical Total War problem - things get pretty stale around midgame and stay that way until the end. The Chaos invasion is a nice endgame mechanic, but it stops being an issue once you figure out how to handle it - heroes to slow the armies, allies to whittle it down, and three strong stacks of your own to finish the job.

• Options
    thinking back to the old unit packs, goddamn, CA has really stepped up their game. Warhammer is turning out to be their best received and most well loved game yet I think, and a lot of it probably has to do with how they're handling DLC/FreeLC.

that said, just give it to me now. its done. give it to me.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    We got DLC sign!

Need a gif of someone just ringing the heck out of a big bell or something.

I hope Skarsnik gets to use his poker to throw out WAAAGH! energy blasts like in the lore I've read.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    thinking back to the old unit packs, goddamn, CA has really stepped up their game. Warhammer is turning out to be their best received and most well loved game yet I think, and a lot of it probably has to do with how they're handling DLC/FreeLC.

that said, just give it to me now. its done. give it to me.

It's so weird to hear you say that because my general impression of the reception is that, while the game is of high quality, the amount of DLC and its pricing is pretty absurd

There's a three dollar piece of DLC that adds blood effects to the game. I mean, that shit's just nonsense. Three dollars for blood? In a Warhammer game?

It doesn't bother me all that much because I'm not someone who has to buy everything (I still don't have the Beastmen pack because I'm not interested in playing as them) and by and large the quality of the content they put out is high, but how they've been putting out DLC since Shogun 2 has been... let's call it "aggressive"

And given what happened to Company of Heroes 2 I imagine it's all a mandate from the suits at Sega

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    We got DLC sign!

I hope Skarsnik gets to use his poker to throw out WAAAGH! energy blasts like in the lore I've read.

th?&id=OIP.Mfdd1408898d1b2cc58a93b5ef2d634c1H0&w=300&h=127&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Bigity on
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    We got DLC sign!

Skarsnik may embark upon a quest for his legendary weapon, Skarsnik’s Prodder. This vicious, halberd-style weapon is capable of unleashing an area-affect burst of powerful magic missiles.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Another interesting thing from the steam page:
    New Dwarf Techs
    Vanguard Proficiency: improves melee defence and speed for Ranger units
    Rat Poison: reduces factionwide corruption, improves income from mines and quarries, and keeps fabled ‘man-sized rats’ at bay

EDIT:

Also, what may the greatest Unit of Renown ever is coming:
    Gob-Lobber (Grudge Thrower)
    Enhanced Morale, reduces target Morale on impact, screaming Goblin ammo

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.